1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OFL Season 13

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Jul 12, 2014.

1. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Drew 1-1 with Charlie Banks. I let my ma busted GR die and a loner lino also got killed. An mng lino will leave me with 8 players next week against Thisn's elves. Given that my players were being 3d blitzed by Big Guy's and fouled nearly every turn, I am not too displeased with the result and the injury count.

Ming had a slow first half, but then warmed up a bit and had his third 4 cas game of the season, making him easily the most violent player in the entire league so far!

Got a GR to level 3 and my thrower to level 2 too. :)

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    True, if you had performed worse you'd also have been elsewhere. You counted as a third place finisher due to your nice scores.

3. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I feel so much less guilt about killing your players first game knowing you made your own bed :D

4. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Like I said, there's enough rules in place that the leeway ain't much greater than in the CC.
    There's some more leeway, but Thul can handle that. ;)

5. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Another game of hurting elves, this time of the high variety. The induced bribe let my DP remain on the pitch, but beyond the kill on an earlier foul he didn't do much. At least I got a draw this time.

6. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Got a 1-1 draw in a match vs Jounisii's Pros. First half was textbook Chorf grind with a couple of cas and 3 KOs and the 1-turner failed on the dodge into 2 TZs. 2nd half all KOs were back and J's Pros proved relatively resilitent to both pressure (due to some good positioning) and injury and the Pros equalized, giving me 4 turns to run in a winner. Which promptly failed on a slightly risky hand-off to a BC within range, leaving the ball exposed but too much Elf-ball was required to get it safe and after some finagling we could both be simultaneously relieved and disappointed about an exciting draw.

Got a TD on a Blocker and a cas on my non-FA Bull, the rest went to Hobos but I think this team will come around soonish. Next up is 20Phoenix and his Nurgle. That's going to be rough.

7. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Barm pretty much nails it. Scrawny elfies are still undefeated and now they can even afford a 2nd catcher, yey. The most important thing was that no-one got retired. At this pace, shaking Pelves will have a full roster just before they enter play-offs :p

8. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    After back-to-back draws the bRatS get back on track with a win. I don't know what Thsin did to piss Nuffle off, but it must have been bad.... :confused:

The bRatS bring home a 4-1 victory over the elves. Ming had his fourth 4 cas game from six matches and also scored the final td to hit legendary! :D

On turn 16 I badly hurt his catcher who was his only remaining player and he ended the game with his entire team in the dead and injured box!! :eek:

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Wow Danton, guess Ming wanted to make a statement ahead of POTM polling, though now he looks a strong candidate for next month too.

10. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, he's built up a bit of momentum already! :)

So, 4 skill-ups were earned:

Wrestle GR rolled an 11, so I gave him +Ag obviously. :D

Ming rolled a normal, so he took Juggs, cos he needs more help killing things obviously! :p

The other Wrestle GR rolled 5+5. So, +Ma or Two Heads, or something else? :confused:

The other SV who has Tackle, MB & Guard also rolled a normal. He clearly plays more of a support / secondary blitzer role with Ming around. I'm thinking either Dauntless or Grab for him.

I've got Lizards and Pact up next, so Dauntless would give me some options against them. Grab might be more useful long-term though, for setting up one turners and for dealing with annoying side-steppers too. Of the other options I think only Fend and Stand Firm hold any appeal, but I'd rather a more active skill than a passive one for him at this stage.

Thoughts?

11. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Just take the move you fool, makes one-turning so much easier. I did recently just take 2 heads over MA on my own wrestle gutter, but he was wrestle tackle horns so it made sense, plus you already have an agi 5 wrestler. In fact I consider an agi 5 gutter, a move gutter and a claw vermin the holy trinity for shaven teams, if you have all that you really should win the season, the Pie-Rats have never had all three at once!

I like grab on the SV too, even against the lizards you're going to be blitzing with Ming mostly, grab gives him some unique utility.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  12. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    +MA for the gutter, dauntless for the vermin if you dont rock an ogre.

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Actually there is a strong case for Horns on the Wrestle GR. I know that Ma 10 is gold for one turning, but the Ag5 GR is also a good candidate for that and lets face it, Skaven don't generally struggle that much in the one turning department...

Last season I had a Wrestle, Horns & Tackle GR and I found him to be a great long range ball threat / safety.

14. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    I keep forgetting this thread, probably caus Pelves get elfhandled constantly. Harkon, the coolest thrower in the league, dodged himself to dead apo niggle. Shimmying Shakira got booted to death in the 2nd half. Her catcher career lasted for 12 turns. So, next match will be played with 5 loners.

On the bright side, Shakers managed to get a draw, 1-1, against Itchen's Eternal Skanks, undefeated orc side. The ball was stolen by pros in the 1st half with the aid of wizard. Shakira flubbed the chance to get commanding 2-0 lead in the 2nd half By throwing an int. Maybe it's all right that she died. Orcies walked it in even tho Pelves got a few hits on BC after the reversal.

Well, 2 wins and 4 draws, no losses for Shakers. Next week Gusya is gonna end that streak.

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Gusya just beat me three nil.

First ballsacking attempt failed on a 3+ with reroll and stripper got KO:d. Second try same drive worked, but bounce was caught by cage corner and he walked it in unstoppable. Oneturner almost failed on the pass, but the failed catch scattered to the one player I didn't really need who could hand it over to the catcher. Then tree got double both down when initiating the push sequence, and loner kicked in.

Second half the kick was short and scattered to be even shorter, I snake-eyed the pickup and he scored. Consolation attempt got knackered on a skull/BD on an unskilled player when setting up a run, and he took down the catcher once I got something weak going at all. Ah well, maybe next season.

16. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Hey Nik, I think I can beat that:

First 3 turns vs 20Phoenix' Nurgle. 3 dead Blockers, 1 dead apo - MA. Probably the worst case of extreme cas dice discrepancy and snowball effect I've ever seen in that amount of turns. He has no Claw as of yet. Later a Hobo got niggled and the match was predictably lost 0-2, but that's of little consequence. I'm now far worse off than I was at the start of the season, but at least I don't have to decide on wether or not to buy a Mino for some time.

Anybody who complains for the rest of the season will be deferred to this match and spitefully laughed at.

17. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yep Barm, you've managed to make even my problems seem trivial, jesus man that's one of the worst games I've ever heard of.

18. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Mean Machine will continue his blood bowl career on the right side of the transformer divide.

19. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    He probably made the right choice. Who wouldn't choose to play for a team that Nuffle serves victories to on a diamond encrusted gold platter?

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I've got you in two weeks. (Would have been funnier if I had a scarier team ;)