1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OFL Season 13

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Jul 12, 2014.

1. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Shaking Pelves played yet another draw. 1-1 against Gusya's Feeding Service.

Khornies started their drive and soon pro DP got traded for their only guard. The nasty herald got KOed and Shakers could concentrate on the ball. 3 Eldril gazes failed to open path clear, so corners were attacked. A 2d blitz finally opened on T6, no joy. Some defensive idiocy let khornies score. 1TTD failed inches from goal line.

Feeling good about defense, Pelves tried to score quickly. J Lo had the ball. Screen was ok otherwise but... A rookie cultist had a blitz. Dodge ok, GFI ok, 1d -> push, GFI ok, -> 2d dub POW. AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!! All hell broke loose. Twice Pelves pushed someone on the ball only to see the scatter in the hands of khornies (there was a pass attempt). Finally around T13 Eldril gaze worked and ball got loose. J Lo was sacked, but after a risky 1d blitz, pick up in 2 TZs, and dub GFI, Lucien equalized. Khornies couldn't elf the winner.

5th draw of the season. I'm flabbergasted.

2. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wait, has someone been hiring my former players and letting them get killed?

Nooooooooo

3. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    3 of 6 Blockers got killed that match. 1 got off with -MA. I kind of share your sentiment.

4. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Mean Machine started his career with my former team Lazerhawk. He shall be avenged.

5. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Coming back to give the lads a shoeing?

6. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    My rats defeated Dode's lizards 3-1. The first few turns looked like it would be an easy win for him, as a pitch invasion took down 5 of players and only 3 of his even though I had the Fame advantage. That left Ming exposed to a po blitz, which luckily only stunned him. I then failed a dodge 2 turns in a row with GRs and things looked grim.

Dode then lost 2 skinks in a row, both self-inflicted. One was sent off for fouling Ming and the other killed itself on a failed dodge (apo'd to mng). That turnover left his ball carrier skink exposed and I was able to blitz him with Hurt Strike and recover the ball with my Ag 5 Gr, who then ran the length of the pitch behind a rat screen and scored in turn 8. Before he did though, Dode left his super star killer saurus open to a blitz by Hurt Strike, who killed him!

Second half, the Heat removed various players from both teams and Ming managed to kill a Block saurus at some stage. I scored 2 quick tds and Dode got a consolation score. All in all it was a costly game for his team.

Next up: the Ken foul-athon! :rolleyes:

7. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, I've been getting some hate from nuffle lately in BC and the OCC, lots of players unable to stay healthy or make important rolls ect...

Nuffle just apologized by way of the Tragic Failures.

Morgan Twerp (Blodge, SS, +MA) leveled and I wasn't sure what to give him. ...Until he rolled an 11.

Countess Disaster (dodge) decided she wasn't being left out, and rolled an 11 too.

3/4 Vamps are now agi 5. This is going to be very interesting...

8. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I've played nearly 70 games with my OCC vamps and rolled 0 +AG. I'm officially jealous!

9. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    That seems to be a trend with you Rem, how many Heroes rolled +AG again?

10. Remthar

Country Flag:
    4 overall, though two of them caught a rapid case of death. Hoping to avoid that with the vamps :D

I do seem to roll a lot of 11s.

11. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Tempting, but it would cut into my Dota time. Two leagues is about right for me these days.

12. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Ok, I'm sitting at four Vamps (all bar one Superstars, and the other is dodge/+agi), 10 thralls (leader, kicker and DP) and four rerolls. I have 160k in the bank, should I buy my 5th Vamp? I'm giving away a lot of inducements atm, around 500 to General Kales undead next week and 2-400 most others.

13. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Furthest thing from a vamp expert imaginable but I'd say yes, giving away 3-500 is not much different than 2-300 although with the stars in OFL its a bit more annoying and you'll be seeing a lot of saws I guess, but the extra str 4, the extra gaze, all those things make you so much more powerful.

Its not clear cut though as 5 will hurt your own thralls but you have a lot of pro I seem to remember so that should help.

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Only reason not to would be to want to build up your bank before hitting spiralling expenses too hard.

15. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    What Nik said.

Tonight I'm losing to flings. Any nurgle v flings advice?

16. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I prefer a pie to a kebab. Your mileage may vary.

17. Remthar

Country Flag:
    You seem to have managed ok :p

I'll go for the 5th Vamp then.

18. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I underestimated his ability to roll 1's with his trees. Some of my turns could be described as "cavalier"

19. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    After last weeks super and ubernuffled match against Zulu's helves (3-1 result for pros, CASes like 6-1), Shakers suffered the 1st loss of the season. Danton was extremely angry coming into the match. Winning the early CAS war he was able to put Pelves to many uncomfy situations. In the end it yielded him a 4-3 victory. But Tina leveled to be even more annoying... Watch the effin out LFC!!!!!

20. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Not sure about the "extremely angry" bit! :)

It was a fun match, close all the way and came down to the final two turns. I'm just glad to have broken my "jounisii curse"! :p