1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OFL Season 13

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    My Chorfs suddenly got back to back wins with some very nice SPP dribbling onto my Blockers, especially during my last match vs Thsin where I got an amazing 7 cas from knocking his absurdly aggressive Pros around. I can safely say that that match was a gift from Nuffle with Thsin skulling close to every vital 1d he attempted, including a shot at my carrier that netted him a BH Blitzer. The only luck he had all match was that out of 8 injuries the worst was a MNG.

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    bRatS defeated the Depesticons 3-0. A steal in the first half by the Ag 6 GR, who basically ignored half of the Depesticons' players tackle zones after the ball carrier was dispossessed by a lightning bolt, swung the momentum firmly my way and a load of late cas by the Nurgle players on my team didn't help to change the result either.

The Ming pain train rolls on with 5 cas and 3 kills in this match (1 regen'd successfully)! He even killed the super star Beast of Nurgle! That's 5 Brokin Toofs in 10 games this season and 11 career kills (not sure if that is the most ever in the league, but I don't see anyone else above 9 on the all-time most violent leader board).

3. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    What the Christ is Ming on?! Is he an avatar of Khorne?!

I'm really glad I'm safe in the "more bashy" WFC...

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nifty. Meanwhile Ging beats me 3 to 2, and both wardancers and the fouler are MNG for the game against halflings. (In hindsight I should have apo:d the stripball dancer, as she would probably have been useful enough against the halflings to be worth it.

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, it's pretty crazy. He makes players like Bucket look pedestrian by comparison... He'll be lucky to last out the season all the same, as every opponent goes out of their way to try and foul the crap out of him! :)

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Which plays into your hands as they should be fouling the ag6 gutter instead. Getting near him was an issue though

7. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Shakers took a fairly rare win against Halfpint Heroines, 3-1. The trees felt quite rooty at the start and RTSD had to burn rrs to keep them mobile. And master chef stole only 1 rr per half. Pros were getting depitched left and right but a skulled 1d block changed the flow. Pelves almost messed up due to pathing idiocy but wen't to halftime in 1-0 lead.

Shakers elf scored in the beginning of the 2nd half. But they wanted more and kept defending aggressively - 3-0 goal was the prize for that. They tried once more, but flings escaped to score a nice TTM score to beat the buzzer.

Shaking Pelves managed to do some damage and level 4 players as well. Bobbing Beyonce, a newbie catcher, CASed 1, scored once and stole the MVP. She further decided to boom with C grade and now Shakers have 3 ST4 players :D

8. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    The dice didn't do Ging too many favours when his circus crew played against Shakers. 1-0 score was a defensive TD on T8. Pros were willing to play but slanns left the field in droves, 4 of them were left on the pitch when the goal was made.

After horrible KO rolls, 5 circus people were able to start the 2nd half. The new thrower of Pelves, Rocking Ricky Martin, tried to pick up the ball 2 times (2nd try was even rerolled), failing miserably. That gave Ging a small chance. Shakers came thru in the end and scored one more defensive TD for a 3-0 victory.

2 levels, a lino took wrestle. But Bobbing Beyonce, the catcher who played her 2nd match rolled another 6+6!!!. So there's one more ST5 elf roaming around in LFC. I bet people just love her ;-)

GG Ging. Nothing much you could do there. Better luck in the future to get them Circus boys to play-offs.

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Haven't updated in a while but things have seriously turned around for the Mumin crew. Now sitting at 5-1-5 after 11 games. Team is developing too and I now have all 4 catchers with at least 1 skill (including a str 3 wrestle), a block +str blitzer and a couple of useful line frogs plus enough cash to replace key lost positionals. I'd like to add another blitzer but the team is already at 1600+ TV so I'll have to time that carefully so as not to give away wizards EVERY game.

Have a double on a rookie catcher I need to think about, guard or dodge.

Playoffs are actually not out of the question as I am only 1 point behind the last wild card spot but there are about 5 teams all vying for it and I have a tough run-in (lets no forget I went 0-0-3 against my divisional rivals to start the season). Looking forward to next season though and really enjoying my frogs at the moment.

10. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Obviously the best match of this sorry elf underestimating league. Shakers vs Sabres. 2 ST5 elfies on the pitch.

Mass foul got rid of Meadowlark right away. But effin Sabres avenged by killing Elvis (ST4 blitzer), dead apo dead. But Elvis will be back. Sabres scored. Pelves scored back.

The other blitzer of Thsin got BH by Tina and the running play was interrupted this time. A bit later Harkon surfed the carrier after Thsin's switch. Bolt and succesful blitz prevented Pelvic score before halftime.

Shaking Pelves scored quickly. But the better pros of the night were able stop next drive and scored one of their own. Game over and both coaches were "happy" 3-1 to Pelves.

Elvis will come back all rejuvenated!

11. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Back to back 1-1 draws for my rats, mean they lose a bit of momentum, but for once I'll actually have a full squad of 11 or 12 players for the next match.

Ming picked up another 3 cas against RTSD, so he's on 30 cas for the season so far. That means he needs 11 from the remaining 4 matches to equal the all time record set by some freaky Amazon blitzer. Do post-season matches count for seasonal records?

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The Birds with plenty of pent-up anger set about dismantling matts' dark elven team, MNG:ing a blitzer, niggling a blodge lino and hurting off the AV 10 lino before matts new computer suicided over Blood Bowls resource-hogging ways just as I was supposed to try to get the equalizer in at then end of the first half.

He'll summon a buddy to try to get his computer fixed.

13. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Second half of the game was more peaceful, but down three in numbers and faking injuries (getting KO:d) a lot the dark elves couldn't prevent the Birds from winning it 3-2.

Next games jounisii's pro elves. He's apparently lucky he's not an AV8 elf, since those got plenty hurt in their games against the Birds. On the other hand Thsin's pro:s got trashed as well (but won)

14. Remthar

Country Flag:
    The Vamps are still roaring along! Pretty much certain of a playoff spot now, and all five Vamps are Blodged (among other skills)

I'm feeling quite comfortable with five vamps at the moment, but I have 200k in the Bank and three games to go before the play-offs. Should I hire a sixth Vamp? I'm a bit nervous of doing so, as I have very little experience with a full six Vamp squad and I don't want to muck things up right before the play-offs.

But if I am going to buy a sixth this season, now would be the time to do so, so I have time to at least get them dodge before the play-offs.

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Getting vampire #6..
    Short answer - if vamps 1-5 are blodged, go for it.
    Long answer - how is your bank and TV? Replacing thralls once your TV is so high you've stopped making money is the vampire problem. So if you have ten thralls and a healthy bank, go for it. Or if you don't expect your bank to improve..
    (At least you get one free thrall per era)

As for me, three straight wins takes me to a more acceptable 4-3-6 for the season so far. Still only 10 players, but now it's getting to where that's because I'm building a bank.

16. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Considering your team and your current form I don't think i'd change anything this season. Why break a winning formula? You can then run the playoffs and make the decision in the off season. One of the principal reasons I like 6 is the extra gaze but your gaze is so reliable. It should be noted that the 6th vamp wont hurt you as much either because of your pro but its the TV it adds which may hurt you

17. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Thank Nik, 20p. I think I will hold off then, the Bank is OK but could be bigger and I don't feel like messing with what works before a play-off. I'll probably pick up the 6th at the start of next season.

18. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Seeing as how I'm now officially out of running even for a lucky wildcard spot, my only question remaining for the season is if I should try to hit 12 players now or wait for next season (running 10+ loner past Ken and 20p)

More details on team state once game against Thsin is validated.

19. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    So I haven't been posting much in here about my crappy team so you may deduce that in great BBT tradition I don't post much when I'm losing.

But you'd be wrong.

Hattifnatters went 6-4-0 in their last 10 games to narrowly clinch a play-off spot as the first Circus team ever to make the playoffs (though both Ging and Larkstar can join me this season, Lark with a draw or even a loss if other games go his way). In other news we still have a str 4 blitzer but the str 3 catcher died, but then we got a new one.

Playoffs are likely to be short as I'll be playing one of the top 2 teams, but on the other hand, pretty good for a first season :)

20. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Nice Ken, show those AFC/WFC blowhards the real meaning of pain :).