1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Match Report BBTactics in the OFL Season 14

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Ken, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Gentlemen, did you find the fact I had three Agi 5 Vamps a tad bullshit?

Well that isn't a problem any more, you see...

We now have four of them.

"And Nuffle did look down from the sky upon Remthar, and he doth say: YOU! YOUR TEAM SHALT BE OVERPOWERED! THY SHALL HAVE NO PLAYERS BUT STAT-FREAKS! AND ALL SHALL KNOW THE WILL OF NUFFLE!"

Lovely guy that nuffle.

2. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Is it too early to say GG?

3. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Disgusting lol. 16-0 on the cards!?

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Nuffle is just building you up to knock you down Rem :) You realize you pretty much have to win the OFL now :)

5. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Oh, lets not underestimate my ability to just plain fuck things up, even after I've been given all the cards to win it ;) Agi 5 makes you lazy, I've been making a lot of stupid mistakes lately and relying on Agi antics to get me out of them. Need to bring back some A game.

The current plan is to go rough 13/14 wins and then explode in the first playoff match. Judging from the Brackish brawlers record, its the done thing.

Oh, and by the way can some please fucking hold back Jounisii in the LFC?! Bastard elves are still keeping up in the Javelin!

6. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Been a good season so far, 4-1-1 after the first 6 games and up against Cullen's lizards last night. This was a game I felt I could win because despite the fact that he had 2 str 5 bt sauruses and 2 or 3 mb tackles (awesome sauruses basically) he also had no sh skink ball carrier. So a small weakness to be exploited and with what I'm about to be up against I can't afford to waste those.

First half was a struggle, started off with 2 snake eyed pick ups which had me scrambling. Key play for me was a sequence that included a 2d block, 2+ leap, 2+ handoff, 2d block (without block) and 2d block with wrestle but needing a push to surf a saurus and get the ball caged up on the sideline.

It started off badly with dub skulls but the re-roll worked and I had no acceptable backup plan, luckily the rest of the sequence went off without a hitch and from there I had enough momentum to get up the pitch, aided by a well timed bonehead from his Krox.

He didn't get his one turner in part due to a good effort from my kicker so 1-0 half time and things looking interesting. But then 2nd half was totally one sided. It began with a blitz that allowed half my time to get between his LOS crew and the ball and my daredevils to lock down his skinks. The his surefooted agi 4 skink failed a gfi to leave the ball incredibly exposed and the 2-0 was a fact. This seemed to break Cullen's spirit (not without reason) and he didn't push for the quick td to give himself a shot at the tie. In the end he did get a skink poised to score but for the second match this season Mumin made his dodge to get a 2d block that downed the ball and almost let me in for a third td which was failed on a 4+ pass.

But despite all this I'm still 1/2 point behind Tim who just will not lose :(. Tough run coming up with games against Mardaed, Michaels, Pdarbs and Kal. I reckon 2 points from those games will give me a pretty good shot at a playoff spot at least but it looks like I'll need no less than 3 to keep up with Tim and 0 points is a distinct possibility. Its crunch time basically.

7. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 6 Match – 21.02.15
    Team Fantastic (1490) 2 - 0 Jurassic Park Diners (Gym-Bo, Lizards, 1950)

Team Management

Two players skilled up after last game, Trevor Death CDB rolled normals and took MB and Francois Sagat rolled 6+4. I thought for a while and eventually decided DP was what I needed even the odds with such a development disadvantage all season.
    This left me with enough Inducements to get Gnahsrak and a Wizard.

Gym-Bo’s team was good, but a little one dimensional - great Saurus (22 skill ups on 6 guys compared 11 on my entire team) but only one Skink worth mentioning.
    There were 3 Blodge Guard Saurus, 5 MB (2 with Tackle), and a couple of BT dudes.
    The super Skink had AG4, SS, Sprint and a niggling injury, 4 Skinks had Sneaky Git which I expected that to not be a factor vs. AV9 & Thick Skull and the Kroxigor just had SF.

Game

Lost the coin toss for the sixth consecutive game... and of course had to kick.
    Set up in the usual “boat” D, one Hobgob and 2 CDBS on the line with Gnashrak semi protected in the middle of the 3 man screen.

Not many knockdowns early on apart from Gnahsrak randomly badly hurting a Blodge Guard SS Saurus and on turn two I managed to squeeze the cage against the sideline. The super Skink made a break for it but Gym-Bo had to use a RR on the dodge so he didn’t try the GFI to score.

I contemplated using my Wiz to Lightning Bolt him but decided 5 turns to score would be enough so I decided to save it. Freak Beast made a couple of GFIs for a three dice blitz and powed the Skink but didn’t break armour. With an easy score possible next turn my DP used my last reroll to make the GFI and fouled him, causing a stun. Next turn he finished the job, fouling him out to a BH and a random Hobgob picked up the ball.

I messed up the positioning though and Gym-Bo made a nice move to set up a chain push crowd surf on the ball carrier but unluckily for him the thrown in ball somehow scattered to midfield. There was a bit of a scramble and fight over the ball and as well beating up Skinks and scoring a cas on the Kroxigor we eventually cleared the ball of TZs and Warpatch picked it up and galloped off to score on turn 8.

Both of the Ko’d lizards came back but there were still only 5 Saurus and 2 Skinks for the second half, which was basically a non event.
    By turn two I had fouled and blitzed both Skinks off the pitch and after that I was just waiting for an opening to hand off to a rookie CDB which eventually came and he scored on turn 16.

Summary

Rough game for Gym-Bo, I got quite a few hits on skinks and while we both broke AV9 a fair amount mine got some cas and his got mostly stuns. Probably should have used my Wiz to Bolt the Skink on turn 3(ended up not using it at all), but of course it really didn’t matter in the end with the way the blocking and fouling went.

8. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Shaking Pelves have played some matches. A humiliating 1-2 loss to flings of Cornish was in slight way redeemed by a last gasp 2-1 win over 20p's nurglites. I played with Prince Moranion for the 1st time and he's a pretty nice piece to have around. The Shakers dropped the ball in mirror match against Thsin. 4-2 lead was squandered into 4-4 draw in 3 last turns. The latest match was against dode and his chaos boys. Pelves cruised to 3-1 victory.

So, 4-1-2 record keeps the Shakers in play-offs hunt a tad surprisingly. Team is coming along decently even after suffering some untimely retirements.

HAHAHAHAH!!! Vamp envy. You can just give us the javelin and get it over with.

9. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 7 Match – 22.02.15
    Team Fantastic (1520) 0 - 0 Maelstrom Marauders (HammerTime, Pact, 1790)

Team Management

Thanks to an MVP my rookie CDB called Jimmy Fantastic levelled up and of course had to take MB to kill all mens! I wanted to buy a +ST Block Hobgoblin free agent this week but HammerTime was unsure if we could schedule any time but on the early weekend so I decided to go without the Hobgob and hope that a Claw MB CDB would appear in the near future.
    270 Inducements meant mandatory Wizard and then one of Apo, Bribe or Merc DP Hob. I know I should have gone for an Apo seeing as he had a S4 Cpomber… but I went for a Bribe like a fool.

HammerTime’s team was pretty much what you would expect from Chaos Pact at this TV. A super Elf – Eldarith – with +ST Blodge Tackle and Leap, A killer Marauder – Omegon – 5438 Block Cpomb and a few support Marauders but only one Guard and featuring an AG4 guy with Blackle. He had a couple of big guys – Mino with Juggs and PO, an Ogre with Block, Guard, Grab, Stand Firm and Break Tackle and also a Wrackle Rat and a Big Hand Gobbro.
    Only 12 mens though including the rat and gobbro so I felt I had a chance of beating him up, hence the bribe.

Game

Well I lost the coin toss to make it 0/7 for the season. Had to kick and put a CDB on the line so I could keep my DP safe and ready to get in to foul Omegon if I could.

Kick off was pretty good – Riot put the clock forward and the kick was right in the endzone. Omegon caused a BH with his first block and I instantly regretted not taking an Apo.

We just had a fight for the first few turns; I tried to isolate the Mino and left a hole for him to cage into on turn 4. Gandalf promptly fireballed the cage, knocking over 3/5 but not the Elf with the ball. A bit of bad cyanide auto move made it harder but I managed two dice on him with Kagdas Foebender and brought him down with the help of a RR.

The rest of the half was mostly a fight around the ball with my players repeatedly failing to pick it up and both of us out of RR due to double skulls. Francois Sagat managed to get a +4 foul on Omegon but only produced a stun and had to use the Bribe.

HammerTime had a slight chance of a TD on turn 8 but would have needed to pick up in 3 tackle zones so hit with his Mino first who failed with a both down and then on my last turn of the half I made a GFI to hit his Elf and KO’d him!

So receiving in second half, 0-0 10 vs. 10 and his super star Elf still KO I was very happy and confident. Of course this was stupid and Nuffle punished me with a thrown rock at Kagdas Foebender, killing him :( I used the Apo but he only managed to turn it into a niggle. At least a Hobgoblin caught the kick so I wouldn’t spend 3 turns trying to pick it up again.

My LOS blocks evened up the match somewhat with a KO and a CAS and by turn 11 we were up 8 vs. 7. It was at this point that I lost the game. A failed bonehead meant I could have easily switched sides and sailed to victory, but instead I chased after Omegon and tried to guard lock him without enough ST or Guard. Oh dear. Omegon smashed the ankle of Freak Beast and my cage was pressed against the sideline with almost nowhere to go.

I managed to push forward on turn 13 thanks to another failed bonehead from the Ogre but a burned RR on GFI stopped me from trying to make my Hobgob with the ball safe and HammerTime made a 3+ dodge for the 1DB on the Hob but only got a pushback. This was still crucial though as it pinned him against the Ogre. I think I really should have tried the second GFI.

On turn 14 I should have just tried the 8/9 dodge with the Hobgoblin to score but with so few men to defend with and with the possibility of HammerTime getting his Elf back I tried a one dice blitz hoping for a pow and a probable further turn of stalling. I rolled a skull and then re rolled into a push. I decided to follow up and not try a dodge – there was still only a 50/50 shot of the Ogre successfully break tackling and popping the ball.

Of course the Ogre succeeded and stunned him and now I had no-one near able to score apart from Warpatch who failed his dodge away. Then to add injury to insult on turn 16 the Mino killed my CDB who had scored against Gym-Bo.

Summary

Played OK to stop HammerTime first half, the Riot & deep kick made it easier and I actually used the Wiz at the right time to Fireball the cage!
    Second half I went to pieces and played terribly. The high of his DE staying out followed by the low of the stupid thrown rock Death/Niggle threw me completely.
    I guess the draw is fair, no way I deserved to win after the second half performance and HammerTime did defend heroically.

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    About that niggled wrestle/DP lino in the Angry Birds, she just died to a T16 foul where I had put her on the line (and apo had gone to save a wrodge lino in like T2 or T3) So not sacking her earlier saved me some money. (Although I should perhaps not have scored the 3-1 in my T16, would have spared me from having to line up on the LOS at all)

11. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Well I have been putting this off for ages but finally had the guts to watch it back heh.

Week 8 Match – 08.03.15
    Team Fantastic (1330) 0 - 2 UFC Football (Blitzkreig, Humans, 1770)

Team Management

Well as luck would have it, after losing a rookie CDB last match, Piledriver (a CDB with Claw MB and 21 spps) became available in free agency and I snapped him up for this match!
    I considered replacing the –MA Bull but decided to save my money and hope for a FA, so the MNGs for Kagdas and Freak Beast meant that I got a Merc CDB, Merc Bull, and Wizard.

Blitzkreig had managed to pull off a crazy trade before this match, losing a Block Ogre but gaining a Guard one and a S4 Blodge Tackle Blitzer - Skippy VonDuuch.
    To be honest I wasn’t too bothered by him, there was a total of 5 Guard and 3 MB which made this human team just as or more rowdy than mine which was more worrying.
    Other players of note were Anderson Silva - a Blitzer with AG4, Guard & Strip Ball but with –AV and a niggle and Hands Hoepnerr – a Catcher with Block, Dauntless and Strip Ball.

Game

I finally won the coin toss! I chose to receive and the first couple of turns were nice with a couple of stuns and knock outs but fumbling around trying to pick up the ball meant I couldn’t advance.

Turn 3 I probably misplayed, moving my Guarder away from the ball and the bulk of Blitz’s team to set up a couple of blocks which luckily both succeeded and caused stuns. It was a bit of a gamble hoping that Warpatch would pick up but he failed again even though I used a re-roll making him 0/4 :(

Turn 4 Warpatch finally made the pick up! The humans pressured a bit after evening up the numbers with two kills in two turns (Hobgob and merc CDB) and I should have made a bit of a break for it on turn 5 but instead I moved laterally and too late spotted the danger of the Ogre grab opening up a route to blitz my ballcarrier.
    I plugged that gap but left a relatively easy 3+ 3+ 2+ 1DB strip ball play on which Blitz spotted, succeeded with and left our drive in a mess.

Turn 6 was a nightmare. Once again Piledriver failed to knockdown Anderson Silva, Warpatch failed another pickup with RR attempt, Skippy killed my dirty player (Apo managed to knock it down to just a MNG) and then Anderson Silva picked up the ball and ran off with it. At least Warpatch was better at dodging than picking up the ball – he made the dodge and GFI’s to hit Anderson Silva, knocking him down and badly hurting him!

This at least saved the defensive score but turn 8 saw another random cas from Skippy – this time he smashed the ankle of my merc Bull who was ironically named Woodenfoot – good job I hadn’t replaced Freak Beast with a rookie!

So 0-0 and half time… I should have been happy after stopping the score and although I had taken 4 cas it was still 9 v 9 with 3 of his Blitzers off the pitch and a Wizard still available but in my head I felt I had been very unlucky and was a bit dejected.

I held it together though and played a conservative defence keeping everything in front of me, and on turn 11 with Blitz out of rerolls due to both down results the chance to blitz the ball came. I softened it up with a fireball first which knocked over 2/3 and then made a critical mistake. I stood up the CDB who was next to the thrower to assist instead of moving up one of the other CDBs. This meant that when the ball scattered towards Blitz’s endzone it was a long way for them to go and although I recovered with a Hobgob I needed one GFI too many to cage him and left him easily blitzable.

Elfiness promptly ensued – Hands Hoepnerr knocked him over, the Thrower dodged away, picked up the ball in a TZ, Int failed and the other Catcher caught the pass and scored on turn 13 after I pressured him.

So 1-0 down, down to 8 mens after another cas and it wasn’t looking great but at least a draw was possible with some luck – cue the Blitz! Result. Lovely.
    This was hard to deal with so few slow clumsy mens and although we removed two mens with blocks we failed another pick up attempt and that was that – the Catcher scored his second on turn 15.

I should have gone for the unlikely consolation TD, especially as Warpatch was on 29 spps but instead I just hit the Los guys out of frustration.
    Woodenfoot got the MVP.
    I was disappoint.

Summary

Well that felt horrifically one sided at the time but even though I got outbashed by Humans and the key dice rolls didn’t go my way the thing that lost me the game was failing to protect the ball properly in the first half and the mistake on the steal attempt.

4-2-2 at the half way stage is OK for a new team I think - winning the division looks impossible but hopefully we can make the playoffs as a wild card!

12. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 9 Match – 08.03.15
    Team Fantastic (1580) 1 - 1 Back for More (Belasco, Undead, 1850)

Team Management

No skill ups after the loss last match and no FA to buy.
    Considered going Wiz + Apo but decided to go for numbers and went for Wiz, Merc Hobgob and Babe.

Once again I was out ST’d, out Mb’d and out Guarded – urgh.
    Belasco had two nice Wights, both MB, Guard, Tackle. A rookie Mummy and an awesome one – Bubbles – who had PO, Guard, SF, BT & +MA. A Wrackle MB Ghoul (David Crosby), a Block Guard Zombie and a DP Zombie round out the notable players.

Game

I won the toss and chose to receive. 3 Zombies on the front line and the blocking went: 2db – pow: no AV break, 2db – push, 2db – push, 3db – push, 2db – push, then blitzed the Block Guard Zombie with 2d and got both down. For some reason amongst all this I followed up with Kagdas Foebender and left him in base to base with a rookie Zombie… Belasco’s first turn went 2db blitz – pow: KO on Freak Beast, 2db – push, 2db – push, 2db – pow: Smashed hip on Kagdas thanks to niggle.

Bearing in mind that I played this game very shortly after losing to Blitz, this was a massive mental blow as well as a brutal disadvantage for the drive.

Understandably it was rough going after this, Warpatch picked up the ball at the first attempt this time though and we did manage to KO a Mummy with a desperation one dice block.
    On turn 5 Cyanide messed me up a bit. I moved a Hobgoblin around to facilitate a chain push on Blackbarrel but I didn’t realise I had to turn off SF before I made the Block so it was a complete disaster. This threw my plans to cage completely and while I should have just dropped back with Warpatch I tried to push forward anyway but didn’t really protect the ball at all – no excuses, I didn’t even make an I cage.

The Wrackle Ghoul popped the ball with a 2d blitz but I got a lucky scatter forwards. There was a bit of a scrap for the ball and somehow on turn 7 I was able to get the ball with a loner Hobgob and run away, in the end only needing a 4+ dodge from Warpatch to make a screen for him… but I failed that and instead the Hob was blitzed by one of the Wights and Belasco nearly made the defensive score but failed the pass to the Ghoul at the end.

0-0 at half time. Bubbles recovered from KO and all four of my players did too thanks to the Bloodweiser babes so at least it was 11 vs. 11 for the start of the second half.

Belasco’s turn 9 was unexciting and his Ghoul using Wrestle left a hole in his offense. I really thought about using my Wiz on the ghoul who had the ball here as I could have got Warpatch into contact with him with 3 GFI. In the end I decided to keep the Wiz threat to increase my chances of forcing an early score and getting a chance of a 1-1.

Warpatch used his Surefeet on his first GFI so rather than mark the Ghoul I just made a screen in front which was a bit sub optimal due to Freak Beast’s –MA injury, damn! The Ghoul ran around, made the dodge and the pass down the sideline. Belasco made a bit of a cage but we swung back around and made the stall impossible, forcing the score on turn 11 leaving us with 6 turns to make it a tie with the Wiz in pocket to force it through.

This seemed kinda alright so of course Nuffle intervened and a thrown rock killed my 5 spp Hobgoblin on the kick off. LOS blocks were much better this time, getting a stun and a KO and once again Warpatch picked up the ball on his first attempt.

We pushed down the sideline after Belasco had committed both Mummies to the other side and while he got some heat on the cage it wasn’t really enough and we were able to screen off Warpatch for the turn 16 score thanks to a crucial dodge from Blackbarrel. My plan was to use the Wiz on the Wight in range if that had had failed but I probably should have used the Wiz earlier that turn to Bolt a Zombie and make the screen easy.

Summary

The shocking first turn combined with playing this game soon after the previous match really put me into one of the moods where you think everything is against you. In the end I was lucky to nab the draw despite my bad attitude and play.

13. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 10 Match – 16.03.15
    Team Fantastic (1730) 2 - 0 Dazed and Confused (Uldreg, Chaos Dwarf, 1191)

Team Management

We managed three level ups after the draw with Belasco; Guard for the rookie CDB, BT for Warpatch and PO for Blackbarrel.
    Luckily I hadn’t picked the skill for Blackbarrel when I was whining in chat about not having the cap room for Kaigan (Cpomb Guard Frenzy Dauntless legend CDB) - Thul informed me that I could put in the FA bid before picking my skill… so I sacked the crippled Kagdas Foebender and replaced him with the best possible free agent! Alright! Can’t believe neither of the big CD teams wanted him, well worth the 30k bloat imo.
    This left me pretty broke so I needed a Hobgoblin journeyman to get me to 11 mens and a very bloaty TV.

Uldreg was the coach who beat me to my number one free agent target Coal Winewell. So as you can imagine I was pretty happy that I would not have to face him after he was stomped to death in week 9 by some vicious Khemri! Uldreg had a bit of a crappy start to the season with overpaying for FA, getting them killed and sacking them and his team was not a patch on mine. Billy Gibbons, the Block BT Bull Centaur with –AG was probably his best player. Injuries meant he only had 4 CDBs to start, one with Guard and one with MB. A DP Hob, Wrestle Hob and BT BC completed his team. I expected to be facing a Wiz but Uldreg went with Hthark, a Bribe and Wandering Apo.

Game

Uldreg won the toss and made us kick. Kick off was get the ref so now I knew the boots were really gonna be flying.
    He opened his drive with a touchback to Billy Gibbons and then a blitz and 3 assist foul to Piledriver. This pulled him quite far out of position though so we pressured the cage up the middle and distracted the fouling crew with just enough to bother them.
    We popped the ball on turn 2, and then again on turn 3 after Uldreg recovered – the ball eventually ending up in the hands of The Royal Male.

Freak Beast was BH on turn 4 and I considered the Apo for a while before finally going pixel hugger and accepting the fact that it would have to be 1 bull vs. 3 this game…. or maybe just for a turn as Kaigan killed Billy Gibbons on my turn 4. What a way to introduce yourself to the fans!

I slipped up on turn 5 going for a hand off to Warpatch but it was very hard to protect the ball from the two bulls and I didn’t fancy the chances of the MA4 CDB scoring. It really didn’t matter at this point however as Kaigan was on a tear and had caused a BH and a KO to put is in a dominant position.

Turn 6 Warpatch made the pick up and scored on turn 8.

Second half began with a good man advantage, 10 vs. 8, 1-0 up, receiving and no Wiz to worry about. Uldreg tried his best despite the almost impossible task facing him, managing a hit on the CDB with the ball but Kaigan caused KO’s on the first two turns and a Hobgob foul got us a cas to make scoring academic.
    Trevor Death scored to go to 13 spps and hopefully I will be able to manufacture another TD for him soon. Turn 16 saw Uldreg get 2 cas to make it look like I got out bashed hehe.

Summary

Glad to snap the streak of 3 games without a win – thanks Kaigan!
    Although the stats made the damage look somewhat even it was a brutally one sided affair and despite him using his Guard better than I did and several mistakes of mine it felt like Uldreg never really had a chance due to the team mismatch – thank god Coal Winewell was not around to kick my ass!

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    A win against Zulu and his High Elves sees the Birds keep shadowing a silver star at least.

And the team's looking big with everyone healthy for the next game:

Dancers:
    Oriole AG 5 Guard Sidestep Stripball
    Deva Tackle Stripball Mighty Blow

Throwers:
    Allouette Blodge Kick
    Ravina Blodge Guard

Catchers
    Drora Wrestle Dauntless Smashed Hip
    Ziporah AG 5 Smashed Collar Bone
    Dayah AG 5 Block
    Tziporah ST3 AG 5 Block

Linos
    Deren (rookie)
    Teela, San, Jena Wrodgers
    Wryen Wrodge Sidestep

Tree
    Circe
    Block, Grab, Guard, Break Tackle

2370 TV with 3RR, apo and 8 FF puts them in the top spot in the TV standings table, inching in just above Orkemon's 2340 (currently 2130)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  15. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Jesus, 4 agi 5, you're as bad as Remthar.

16. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    That team is due some death. Barm!

The WC pursuit is making me antsy given my inability to shake off Thsin. Run in is reasonable though with Orcs, Dwarves, Flings, Chaos and Pros. Significant punch advantage in all the bash matchups so I'm hopeful of keeping the points tally ticking over.

17. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    So after the last week the Hattifnatters are briefly the top team in the AFC with 8.5 points and a
    8-1-2 record. Don't expect we'll stay there and even if we do the reward might well be a first round playoff game against Voltron's dwarfs who are responsible for my only draw. Here's the latest match report.

Went to face pdarbs with him 2 blocker short and only 11 players to my 13 after I bought a new clown to give him 40 k inducements. We had a crazy first half where I went 4 players down quickly including a niggle on my freak Isfrun which I apo'd against my better judgment because she just picked up guard last game. The madness all started when an LOS blocker caught the kick off (thanks no kick skill :) ) but Snusmumriken failed his leap to get a 1d strip ball block off. That was the last thing he failed all half though as pdarbs stubbornly refused to carry with his sh hobbo. Was almost away at one point but he made a gfi blitz and tossed the ball down to the agi 3 bull who failed the catch. Snusmumriken then made some clutch plays to keep the ball pinging and the bull frustrated, This culminated in a dodge 1d blitz to push said bull into the ball and watching it bounce back into Susmumriken's hands who escaped and survived a 1d hit (skull) before getting half caged in the endzone.

While all this was going on pdarbs did no damage onther than a bunch of KOs while Mumin took out a blocker (he consistently gets cas that troll) and I managed to murder and KO two hobbos.

So 0-0 at the half and only 1 KO (mine) gets up to make it 8 vs 8. It quickly becomes 8 vs 6 as another blocker is hurt on the LOS (killed actually but apo steps in) ad I put out the sh hobbo with a foul. At this point I'm worried that KOs will favor pdarby and want to aim to score late and with muminmamma if I can.

His dice absolutely suck and he can get nothing done while my 2d6 are insane though its all stuns till then end and I finally manage to free the dd and score with her on turn 16.

Lucky lucky lucky. Hero plays to get the 0-0 at half and most of all was never punished for my reckless apo. This aggressive play is getting to be too much for me.

Pdarbs really got punished for his 11 man roster but took it on the chin like a true champ. Muminmamma has picked up an mvp, 3 tds and a cas in 3 consecutive games to reach lvl 3 - I guess that's how its done. Irritatingly muminpappa got the mvp so now I have a 5 spp broke neck dd, I guess I'm going to keep him and make him a killer if I can get him 1 spp (which he's so far failed to get in 14+ games prior to this one).

18. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 11 Match – 29.03.15
    Team Fantastic (1720) 2 - 1 Lizardpool BBC (BSUCardinalfan, Lizardmen, 2070)

Team Management

Despite dominating there were no skill ups after the last match and no FA to consider.
    350k of inducements was quite a lot to play with. Eventually I settled on a Wiz, Zzargh and an Apo.

BSU’s team was brutal – not surprised he was the WFC runner up last season.
    All the Saurus and even the Krox had Block… 3 Guard, 3 Tackle and 3 MB were also in the bigger boy’s arsenal. Four great skinks too – Pepe (AG5 SS), Ronaldo (AG4 Sprint SF SS), Socrates (DT SB), and Robinho with ST3 DT.

Game

BSU won the toss and chose to receive. I was ok with this really as I wanted a chance to remove Ronaldo to prevent an OTS attempt. I set up in my anti Cpomb defence which I strangely hadn’t used vs. any of the 3 Cpombers I have faced!

Zzargh Madeye was BH the first time he was hit which meant we were now seriously outstrengthed. The Saurus bullied their way down the pitch, leaving a tempting surf possibility on turn 2 but I decided against it as it would have needed a couple of GFI and was hard to cover Kaigan afterwards if he made it. Turn 3 saw Isabelle Slackparts (Dodge Hobgob) get badly hurt so I used my Wandering Apo. Then I made a misplay, Kaigan went for a surf but failed his dauntless roll… I thought it was the GFI he required so re-rolled it. It didn’t matter too much as he rolled a double skull on the hit anyway :(

So after 5 turns of defence we hadn’t been able to do much – 6 blocks and all had failed, Kaigan had to cower in the dirt but somehow BSU had managed to split his Saurus and Skinks. We managed to get a little bit of heat and I think the threat of the Wiz helped as the rookie Skink scored on turn 6.

I was well chuffed that the half had not been stalled out with such crap blocking and my KO Hobgob came back so we both had full teams and I had 3 turns to score. I resisted temptation and set up in a somewhat conservative formation in case of Blitz, which of course happened – urgh! Kaigan was stunned by the hit he received, two Saurus tied up a BC and a Hobgob, one Skink ran through a gap but thankfully the other one failed and Ko’d himself.

Not really as bad as it could have been and we actually knocked over some mens on the LOS, Piledriver causing a cas! Trevor Death blitzed the breakthrough skink down, a Hobgob ran back for more cover, and Warpatch switched sides so Freak Beast could 2d down the Saurus marking him – great turn. BSU didn’t manage much on his turn and on turn 7 Slackparts was able to get the ball to Warpatch who ran off totally unsupported. I only made one GFI with him, leaving a potential Saurus blitz but it proved to be a good call as Kaigan failed a GFI with RR with the next action. So BSU had a Strip Ball Skink and a St3 one back but strangely didn’t blitz with either one. I was bracing myself for the Dodge Saurus Blitz but it never came, instead he victimized Slackparts with MB Tackle, pinching a nerve and saving her from getting abused by Dwarfs in my next match!

So Warpatch found himself marked by two diving tacklers and with no way to chain him free I used the Wiz to Bolt the St 3 skink, badly hurting him which was nice! He then blitzed the St2 one away and made the GFI to tie the game 1-1 at the half.

A misplaced kick scattered 6 squares and gave us a touchback – woop woop! I was so tempted to give it to a CDB here but was sensible and gave it to Warpatch – there were still 3 danger Skinks to worry about. LOS Blocks removed another Saurus so it was 10 vs.10 with 5 big guys and 5 little guys for them.

Warpatch stayed back out of range of the Skinks but they came through the gap anyways. I left a semi easy strip attempt on turn 10 because I was overly worried about the Krox but it wasn’t really an issue as our TPOMB was removing Skinks nicely now and by turn 12 there was only the AG5 Skink left who was fouling a Hobgoblin in an effort to get sent off.

On turn 13 Kaigan finally got a knockdown! He killed a Saurus with it too, but the Apo managed to turn it into a BH. He got another cas on turn 14 leaving only the Krox and a Saurus on the pitch.. but said Krox made a hero play to mark Warpatch who was 7 squares from the Endzone. Now of course I should have just blitzed the Krox and moved into range but I was hella greedy and wanted to try the hand off to level Trevor Death. He was in Kaigan’s blitzing path and 10 squares away from the endzone though so I needed to move him first and make GFI. Incredibly stupid I know, but I figured if I used a RR on the GFI it wouldn’t be so bad…. and then promptly snaked the first GFI!

Warpatch’s Blodge meant there was no real point in the Krox attempting a block so BSU passed the turn hoping for a fail. He nearly got it too as Kaigan rolled a double skull on the blitz, but a RR turned it into a pow and KO, and Warpatch made his GFI to score. My hella greedy and stupid play thankfully wasn’t punished for once!

0/4 KO's gave BSU no chance to score with only two Saurus on the pitch as the crowd rioted.

Summary

Very happy with a big win here, BSU’s opening drive was brutal but we managed to hold it together, get some pressure on and score back somehow. Second half was pretty much too easy thanks to brutal hits on Skinks and I nearly threw it away once the Lizard team was smashed to pieces.

19. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    You know full well that I'm unable to hurt av7 in general and Dreamy in particular :(

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I hope you'll live up to that. I'm aiming for 2520 TV against you..

(Added a ST on a wrodge lino and a normal skill on the rookie, and with 2450 TV I figure my 90k bank will run dry so fast I might as well get a spare lino while I can afford one..)