1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Match Report BBTactics in the OFL Season 14

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Ken, Jan 2, 2015.

1. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 12 Match – 05.04.15
    Team Fantastic (1740) 2 - 0 Battle Hammer BBC (Voltron, Dwarfs, 1960)

Team Management

Another MVP for Piledriver meant he learned how to pile awn and I had 2 Cpomb to beat up Dorfs with!
    220k of inducements was pretty easy – Merc Hobgob + Wizard.

Voltron had a nice AG5 Runner (Unk Thunderfoot) and quite a brutal team (8 Guard and 6 MB!) with a smattering of SF and Dauntless but strangely no PO at all.

Game

Another lost coin toss heh. I went with the standard ‘boat’ defence with 3 CDBs on the line hoping that their AV9 and Block would hold up rather than sacrificing the loner Hobgobs. A riot advanced the turn by one, and Unk Thunderfoot caught the kickoff.

The AV9 plan fell through somewhat as Trevor Death was badly hurt from the LOS blocks :( We had a scrap in the centre for a few turns, a foul on Piledriver got a Blocker sent off as his Thick Skull saved him and the St4 Trollslayer survived a Frenzy trap but was then blitzed to death by Kaigan – Apo worked to knock it down to a mng.

I had to open up the whole right side of the pitch to protect Kaigan from getting 2db’d back so Voltron screened off Thunderfoot and made a bit of a push forward. He couldn’t get into scoring range though so all I had to do was move a few guys round for the Wiz threat on turn 5.

Voltron made some good moves to put me into not a great position but the Wizard’s lighting bolt on turn 5 badly hurt Unk Thunderfoot, Kaigan caused another cas and Warpatch recovered the ball – absolutely brutal turn.

With only 6 mens left on the pitch there was no way Voltron could stop the td barring GFI fails or crazy dice, however with all the Guard he was still able to get 2db MB blocks in and on turn 7 he killed The Royal Male. Our Apo was on point thankfully and saved the day, turning it into a badly hurt. Warpatch did not fail his GFI and scored on turn 8.

2nd half started with a nice man advantage – 11 vs. 8 before LOS blocks and then we got a kill and a KO to basically kill the game.

By turn 12 there were only 4 Dwarfs left on the pitch but Dauntless and Guard meant they could still get 2 dice MB hits in. I was really playing badly by this point – the ball was hardly protected and I wasn’t fouling every turn. Eventually Voltron had the chance to put a TZ on Jimmy Fantastic who had the ball but a misclick cost him that chance, and then I finally realised I should have been fouling every single turn and killed his best blocker on turn 15 with a Journeyman Hobgob foul – oof. Jimmy scored on turn 16.

Summary

Thought it was going to be a nightmare after the first turn removal of Trevor Death and some early double skulls and Apo usage but it was all one way traffic after the lightning bolt got rid of Unk Thunderfoot. Now we are ninth in the GS and finally have a positive cas difference! Cpomb gonna Cpomb!

2. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Holy crap, that is insane. I don't even know what to get with those kind of inducements (about 600k at 2520). Going to get really interesting, that's for sure! :p

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    And with my second pro elf loss this season it's either "win all three games remaining" or "probably miss the playoffs", so feel free to flaunt your machismo and just not take any inducements at all. :p

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    So we're into the divisional games now and with 3 to go I'm very close to the playoffs but in a tight race for the divisional title, which I sort of want I've decided.

Papa and I played a bit of an odd game where nuffle was determined to screw us both. Opening kick and a rock kills his sure hands pest who;s the only player back to field the deep ball (he regens). I'm rubbing my hands thinking, I'm in there when I roll 3 1s out of 3 D6 rolls (first was a bonehead).

A couple of turns later I've made that 7/8 1s and my defense is a bit of a shambles. Papa scores on turn 8 but I still have 11 players for the second half even after my dd double skulls into bh trying to roll a push for the oneturn attempt.

But then the second half Papa's dice are almost as bad as mine and I recover, managign to avoid snaking a couple of critical dodges, so I also comfortably score on turn 16 and we celebrate the game by having Papa double skull the last block.

Honorary mention for the Krox who managed to bonehead 7/13 times. Despite that I saved his arse with the apo when he took a niggle on turn 14 and took no other perms.

1/2 point makes things interesting as if Tim wins we'll face off for the gold star next week. Playoffs are not secure but a tie was acceptable and I wasn't particularly attached to the number 1 seed anyway :rolleyes:

5. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 13 Match – 11.04.15
    Team Fantastic (1850) 2 - 0 Calamitous Intent (Michaels, Nurgle, 1770)

Team Management

MB Blocker Jimmy Fantastic levelled up after his cas and TD. I was looking forward to Guard but after rolling doubles had no choice but to take Claw – Ahhhh yeahhh!
    With Michaels having 1770 TV and 11 mens I decided to buy a couple of Hobgoblins and go to 12 mens – I wanted to anyway but I wouldn’t have got an inducement if he had gone to 12 and I had stayed at 11.

Michaels had a pretty unspectacular team to be honest. A Block Guard Beast, Block Guard NW, Block Tackle Claw MB Pestigor (Dr Girlfriend) and Blodge Fend AG4 Pestigor (Stupify) were the highlights – quite refreshing to have the best team on paper for a change!

Game

Michaels won the toss but chose to kick, which was baffling as he hadn’t bought any more mens so he was facing down the most brutal team in the league with only 11 mens and a babe!

First action: Kaigan kills a rotter :D Then Piledriver knocks out the other rotter. Warpatch picked up the ball and moved up. Michaels moved all his NW and Beast into contact but only managed a stun with his blitz.

On turn 3 Piledriver niggled the Beast who failed to regenerate and it really looked like plain sailing from then on. So much so in fact that when Kaigan knocked out Dr Girlfriend on turn 5 he chose to pile awn, turning it into a stun. Looking back this was probably a mistake. I thought that a KO wasn’t great with two 3+ chances to recover for the second half but it made me basically have to foul him on turn 6 which resulted in a sending off for Francois Sagat for a stun.

Despite our numbers advantage the prone Pestigor posed us some problems on turn 7. As the only tackler we had to cover his route to Warpatch and therefore had to leave a really easy one dice blitz from Stupify. Luckily the one dicer failed to produce a pow with a reroll so Warpatch was able to walk in the TD on turn 8.

I put my three least valuable players on the los for the turn 8 blocks – the two rookie Hobgobs and my –MA Bull Centaur. The Hobgobs were unhurt but the Bull was stomped out with a MNG.

The three Ko’d Nurgz had already returned so the second half started with 9 mens for Michaels and 10 for me. The LOS Blocks resulted in no knock downs so we had the perfect opportunity to go full contact and try to gum up the advance. A failed FA roll made this less appealing so instead Kaigan blitzed and piled on and I gave up one side of the pitch to protect him from a foul.

There was an even bigger gap than I intended as Scumbag Russian badly hurt himself with a failed dodge. The Nurgz pushed through it and Stupify scored on turn 12 after we had swung back around and pressured him.

So 9 vs. 9 and five turns to win it. Kaigan knocked out a Pestigor on the LOS and with time being of the essence Isabelle Slackparts (Dodge Hobgoblin) picked up the ball.
    The Warriors moved into contact again and three failed Foul Appearance rolls and some risky positioning left an easy blitz on the ball from Dr Girlfriend on Michaels’ turn 14. Amazingly Slackparts survived 4 dice from Block and Tackle – an unbelievably lucky escape!

Then I messed up with Kaigan, failing to spot Wrestle on the Rotter he blitzed and choosing both down – urgh. Still, we managed to advance down the flank thanks to some timely stuns and all we needed was a 2+ dodge from Warpatch and a pow from Blackbarrel for Slackparts to score on turn 16.

Summary

Well that felt like it was gonna be brutal after the first few turns. It calmed down after that but we remained quite solidly in control thanks to all the stuns. Letting the ball carrier get hit in the second half was really, really bad – the payoff tempted me but it was just stupidly risky and deserved to go horribly wrong. Luckers gonna luck :)

So after four wins on the spin just half a point from our remaining divisional games will secure a wildcard for Team Fantastic in our first season. Ahhhh yeahhhhhhhhh!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  6. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Cyanides frenzy bug (which triggers if the ball scatters to or past a frenzied player after their first block and cancels their follow-up block) provides a disappointing end to a long and hard-fought game between Autobots and Birds.

The result, coupled with Dode's elf punching chaos beating Thsin means there's still fair chances that me and Barm get a third meeting in the playoffs. "All" that takes is for us to both beat both of Ging and Ken.

7. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Week 14 Match – 17.04.15
    Team Fantastic (1710) 1 - 2 Creeping Death (Sabonnel, Nurgle, 2210)

Team Management

With no players to train the only real decision was whether to replace Freak Beast who was MNG. Decided against it as Ma5 +BT is probably better than a rookie and he is a TD away from Guard which could be handy in the playoffs.
    500 TV was a lot of inducements and after the mandatory Wizard I decided to go the ‘safe’ route with 2 Wandering Apothecaries and a couple of merc Hobgobs to bring me to 13 mens and have some disposable players for Sab to chew on.

Despite the death of Sitri, I think Sabonnel’s team had improved since our last meeting. Sitri had been replaced by Ri Di Karim Ko, a Pestigor with Block Guard, Claw, MB and a couple of NW had learned how to Guard. Typhoid etc were all still present.

Game

Yay I won the toss! I chose to receive really just to protect my players more than anything.

Kaigan got a Ko on turn one but had to pile on and found himself marked out of much of the half by the beast. Nothing much happened for the first six turns as we just fought around the ball trying to get good hits in.

By turn 7 I found myself 3 mens up and in a good position in the fight but Warpatch had to make a relatively unsupported break due to some bad positioning and some bad dice.

I really thought about putting him 2 squares away from the sideline to prevent the ball scattering into the crowd if he was knocked down but didn’t… Sab managed the dodge (using his last reroll) to set up the two dice blitz which produced a pow, the ball went into crowd and somehow went from 6 squares away from Sab's endzone to 2 squares away from mine – ouch!

The worst thing was Ri Di Karim Ko was in range to potentially score on turn 8 and I had marked him on the wrong side as I had totally failed to anticipate this play. He made a dodge away and a couple of GFIs to threaten the TD.

I made a couple of misclicks in quick succession here which made things even tougher, then I had to use my reroll on a double skulls as I was trying to free up a Hobgoblin to mark & assist the blitz on Ri DI Karim Ko. The Hobgob got into position but Piledriver failed his GFI to hit the Pestigor.

At this point I panicked with the 15 second timer to use the Wizard and lightning bolted Ri Di Karim Ko. I’m not sure whether it was really bad or not as there was a fair chance to stun him but I probably should have saved it and definitely should have thought about it before the clock was ticking. He was not stunned, he stood up, made the dodge, pick up and GFI and scored. Urgh.

3 out of 4 Ko’s recovered for Sab so we basically had full teams for the second half.
    Had I saved the Wiz I was thinking I could have maybe made it 1-1, but I essentially accepted the loss here and exposed one side of the pitch for Sab to push down. I made a bit of a move to cover but Warpatch failed his dodge to mark the ball and Sab scored on turn 12.

So it was 11 vs. 11 but I started the drive with a misclick wasting the blitz and exposing Kaigan to be hit… oh dear. I was really pissed off at this point and was basically just clicking randomly and wouldn’t have minded losing 3-0.

Sab was getting good pressure on the ball as I was refusing to use re rolls on failed pick ups. Eventually on turn 14 I got two dice from Kaigan on Typhoid, stunning him, and Slackparts managed a dodge away, pick up and long pass to get the ball near Warpatch who failed the catch due to multiple disturbing presence.

Sab double marked the ball but I made a GFI with the help of a reroll to set up a nice little chain push to clear both tackle zones. Then Warpatch made the dodge away, pick up and 3 GFIs to get clear of the defence and score a consolation on turn 16.

Summary

An annoying loss even though I succeeded in my primary aim - keeping my mens alive. Not happy about the mistakes that led to the turnover TD, the 3 misclicks that I made, the panic Wizard usage or my attitude after going behind.
    There was a huge amount of luck involved in the scatter of course but fair play to Sabonnel, he won it fair and square.
    Funny that I have failed to win any of the three games in which I have won the coin toss heh.

8. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Vampires Natural Agility is 5, right?

9. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY!

10. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Seriously!!!?!!

11. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    The rest of us try to build a team for that era, Remthar builds a vampire dynasty for future vamp coaches

12. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Seriously.

13. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You ended up taking only two (although I guess the treeman resting it out did mean missing a couple hundred inducements)

Ging'll have it easier though, since Ken cleared out my bench by (apart from the final casualty) failing to roll anything less than a permanent injury.

Wrestle-Dauntless catcher started it by getting niggled, then the strong +AG catcher got -move (apo:d). Then ST4 wrodger got -AG and the weak +AG catcher got -AV, after which the Blodge Guard lino got killed (the only one I'm sad about:rolleyes:)

Still, the focus on killing (while not getting my bench whittled down fast enough) meant I got to score 4 TD:s in exchange, keeping me neck and neck with Barm (unless Ging somehow pulls out some magic moves in their game)

14. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Game 16 against bob - the one I'd been dreading all season, last game before playoffs, important to go in with a healthy team but I also wanted to win to get top seed.......1-0 loss, lvl 6 acrobat niggled and str 4 blodge dd collarboned.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Not giving up on playoffs just yet though I'm still cautiously optimistic about round 1 anyway. I also might as well hang on to Mumin at least for round 1 since there's the chance however small that I'll get a big needle as my special prize. If I make it to the second round I'll have to decide whether I want to carry 50k of bloat or not.

15. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Ouch TS, that hurts :( You've still got a strong squad otherwise, and a niggle isn't too bad so long as you can survive the first round with the MNGs. Hard decisions, not much you can do but wait and see what things look at the time. Good luck!

16. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Cheers Rem, got a level up on an acrobat so Nuffle could always give me an agi 5 as compensation, fancy blowing on my dice :)

17. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Just have the little guy dress up as a Vampire and have him put on a Tragic Failures shirt before he levels. That should do the trick.

18. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Playoff time!

An the first game is an Orabbi special. Wasn't playing my best (nerves) as evidenced by the fact that I forgot to pick up a new clown before the game started to have a 13 man squad - would have mean giving Orabbi a bribe but I was just worried the cas were going to start rolling in.

The the game starts with a blitz, which I score from, and I'm thinking ok good. But its only turn 2. And the cas started rolling in. Tried to put pressure on the ball carrier and block tackle beast blitzed my blodgestep sh acrobat - dead apo broken neck see ya! Then a foul on my blodge dd bh. A few turns later and the killer mino blitzes my Krox - dead. Yikes ok, seven against 10 at this point after I've KO'd his killer CW but he's fouled another acrobat out bh. But Orabbi is leaving me shots at the ball and I take one, then another (love you snusmumriken my wrip dodge clown). Finally I manage to put 3 TZs on the ball on turn 8 and when Orabbi tries to blitz one of my guys onto it it ends up caught by my team.

OK so I just need to score on my drive for a 1-0 lead but its 9 vs 8 after halftime. I take some opening blocks and get a lucky cas but Orabbi replies and marks up my entire team and only one of them has agi 4. I contemplate retreating and biding my time but looking at the situation it seems like a recipe for disaster, he can continue to mark my entire team every turn and I'll be relying on 3+ dodges and 1d blocks to survive and just one more cas for him sets up a serious snowball effect. So I go for the risky scoring attempt 3+ dodge, 1d blitz to clear a CW off a clown and then 3+ catch 1+ gfi to score. Fail the first dodge by make the rr and get a push on th eblitz but then the hand off fails.

Still things could be worse as I still have three players around the ball and Orabbi only gets two there but stuns one of mine in the process. But trying to foul the wrestle clown results in no armour break and a send off. Hurray, 1d blitz, both down and my acrobat can make the 2+ leap, 3+ pickup and 2+ dodge for the 2-0.

Feeling good at this point and now its all about survival. But I get another blitz and Orabbi's agi 4 CW who's been shit all game fails the pickup (again) so after some back and forth I get 3-0. Still get two more players bh on fouls.

Death toll - 1 lvl 5 acrobat and 1 lvl 2 Krox. I can live with that. It means hanging onto my niggled lvl 6 acrobat for a while to skill up a newbie but could have been so much worse.

19. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Playoffs Wildcard – 16.05.15
    Team Fantastic (2000) 3 - 0 Wasch Eng Tomb Generals (DeToX86, Khemri, 1910)

Team Management

Isabelle Slackparts skilled up and got Surehands to complement her Dodge.
    This brought my TV to 1930 to Detox’s 1910. I thought for ages about various things I could do but eventually settled on sacking my assistant coach and buying two Hobgoblins to go to 15 mens and 2000 TV. This only gave Detox 90k inducements with the added bonus of not breaking the Spiralling Expenses cap. He responded to this by transferring 100k to petty cash to buy a bribe.

The Fallen Man was the star of the show for Detox, a S4 Blodge Tackle Thro –Ra. His Tomb Guardians were excellent; all of them had Guard, Mighty Blow, one had Block and one had Stand Firm. He had a couple of Guard Skeletons and a DP one but thankfully his Blitz–Ras were poor - one was a rookie and one had Tackle.

Game

Won the coin toss and got to receive, woop woop!
    Piledriver cas’d the rookie Blitz-Ra on the LOS and after a lot of thinking I decided to make a bit of a crazy blitz and pile with Blackbarrel right into the heart of the Khemri defence. I hoped to draw in Detox for some gang fouls but live through it and benefit from the positional disadvantage required to engineer a big foul. Some players moved up to support Blackbarrel and Slackparts picked up the ball and stayed out of range.

Blackbarrel was fouled with two assists, but not by DP and was stunned. A TG blitz Ko’d my DP Hobgob so things were getting interesting. My first block of turn two was a double skull – oof. Re-Roll saved the turnover and then Kaigan was able to get two dice on a TG KOing him (for the entire match as it turned out). I needed a one dice block to set up a two dice block to protect Kaigan from a big foul but with my RR already gone the one dicer produced a skull and I braced myself for the worst.

Detox decided to get some pressure on the ball at this point, running The Fallen Man around the scrum before fouling Kaigan with three assists + DP but he failed to break armour. With The Fallen Man exposed as he was I couldn’t resist temptation and blitzed him with Warpatch and Badly Hurt him – regen fail! Unbelievable. Only turn three and already I felt like I couldn’t really lose.

We just had a scrap for the rest of the half really. Kaigan got stunned by a three assist DP foul and a few TGs survived Cpomb hits. On turn 5 Detox made a nice move to mark Slackparts but she escaped and got safe before scoring on turn 8.

As we both had 15 mens the second half started 11 vs. 11 but of course Detox was missing The Fallen Man and a Tomb Guardian. With the lead and feeling confident I decided to set up conservatively and rolled a Blitz! on the kick off table. Typical [​IMG] . I thought for a while but in the end just passed the turn as we were too far away to capitalize.

Detox’s blocking on the LOS was rather poor and he had to use a re roll to stop a both down turnover. Before trying to pick the ball up he went for a 6 man gang foul on the CDB he had knocked down but got a double 1 for injury then a 1 for the bribe – result!

Warpatch blitzed a wide open path to the ball and Freak Beast picked it up. There was a bit of a ruck around the ball for a few turns with the decisive action coming on turn 11. Detox had a great turn and was actually up 9 mens to 8 but he got greedy at the end with a one dice block from his Guard Skeleton which resulted in a both down. This allowed me to run around a Hobbo for an assist and get two dice on the Blitz-Ra with the ball which stunned the Blitz-Ra and scattered the ball into the open.

The stun was crucial as the Blitz-Ra was the only Tackler left on the team and with nobody to stop him Warpatch was able to pick up the ball on turn 12 and score on turn 13 to kill the game.

I set up deep again to protect my mens a bit. Detox knew he couldn’t get a result so ignored the ball and put all 9 of his mens on the LOS and fouled with a TG at the end of turn. I then realised I may be able to score a third and skill up Freak Beast so I made a solid push down the flank.

Detox didn’t really try to stop the score and Freak Beast scored on turn 16 after we had traded some more blocks and fouls.

Summary

The two early removals were absolutely crucial and AV9 Thick Skull held up to the fouling. Even though we had other dice go our way this was all the luck we needed to get the win I think and thankfully no major mistakes were made to throw it away.
    Next up… quite possibly the best Vampire team I have ever seen – gulp!

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  20. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    WFC Semi Final – 21.05.15
    Team Fantastic (2000) 2 - 1 Tragic Failures (Remthar, Vampires, 2210)

Team Management

Freak Beast finally got his second skill and I decided to go with Guard.
    I sacked my niggled Hobgob and bought an assistant coach.
    Inducements were pretty easy to work out – Wizard and Babe.

Remthar’s team was the same as last time; five AG5 Vamps - sickening! Plenty of Blodge SS, a Frenzy Vamp (Countess Disaster), a Tackle MB Vamp (Captain Luckless) and Morgan Twerp - a 8458 Blodge SS monstrosity.

Game

I won the coin toss and chose to kick.
    I set up in a bit of a crazy conga line formation and Rem set up to push down a flank.
    The kick off was throw a rock and yet again one of my guys was hit, this time a rookie Hobgoblin that was knocked out.
    That brings the total for this season to 7 thrown rocks, all roll offs lost, resulting in 3 deaths, 2 SI, 1 KO, 1 Stun(thanks to Thick Skull). Unbelievable!

I messed up the kick somehow and a Vamp started with the ball. Remthar made a very secure cage but also a very tempting Fireball target – I could hit 4 Vamps and a Thrall! I contemplated using the fireball for a full minute and a half but eventually decided against it. I figured that although it could be devastating it could easily be unimpressive and leave me in a defensive pickle. I put my faith in my ability to score on my own drives with the Wizard as a safety net and decided to pressure the cage enough to hopefully force a two turn score rather than go for the riskier play which could backfire.

It seemed like a decent plan when Remthar didn't try to stall and Morgan Twerp scored on turn 2.

Turn 2 was nice for us, causing a Cas and a Ko on the LOS and Warpatch picking the ball up thanks to a reroll. Turn 3 was nice for Remthar as Captain Luckless smashed Piledriver’s ankle… luckily the Apo actually worked for once and turned it into a Badly Hurt – phew! This left Luckless exposed to a blitz from Kaigan... that promptly killed him! Remthar used his Apo at this point which also worked – boo!

After this exchange the Vamps backed off a little before making a stand on turn 6, bombarding the cage with S4 Blodge SS and Hypnotic Gaze. I must have spent about 3 minutes thinking this turn but managed to clear some space and reform the cage just enough to be safe.

Remthar managed to knock over Kaigan and chain Warpatch into some danger as well as marking with all his players. This was really tough, especially after an early double skull ate my reroll for the turn. I was running out of ideas but put my trust in Kaigan and he didn’t let me down. He blitzed Morgan Twerp, piled on and killed him! The bastard regenerated though [​IMG]. This cleared the space for Warpatch to break tackle away to relative safety.

Remthar had a decent chance of a one dice blitz on Warpatch on turn 8 as it turned out – he only needed three 2+ dodges. He used Dodge on the first one and then snaked the last one with a Reroll. Unlucky. There wasn’t much stopping Warpatch after that and he made his GFI to score to make it 1-1 at halftime.

Second half began 11 vs. 11 with a full team for Team Fantastic but with Tragic Failures down an AG5 Blodge Vamp.
    We managed to Badly Hurt and KO a couple of Thralls on the LOS and Warpatch once again showed his ball handling skills as he made the pick up with the aid of a reroll.

We made a nice cage and gang-fouled another Thrall off the pitch on turn 10 and things were looking good. Remthar’s Vamps started to get mean with his Thralls now, badly hurting two with Blood Lust, and I had fouled another out so by turn 12 he was left with just 5 Vamps on the pitch, no Thralls at all and only 2 rerolls!

So of course like a prize noob I got greedy and made a pointless risk – Kaigan tried a GFI to blitz Captain Luckless who had got into contact with Warpatch via a couple of gazes. Of course he rolled the double one and now finally Remthar had a shot at the ball.

A one dice block got rid of Freak Beast’s defensive assist then Captain Luckless tried a one dicer on Warpatch to no avail – Both Down rerolled into Pushback. However he pushed him into Countess Disaster who with the help of a Morgan Twerp gaze managed a one dice blitz which got the Pow. It was a nice scatter for Rem but luckily for me the Vamp failed the 2+ pick up.

So even though the Vamps only had 5 mens on the pitch the ball was in two of their tackle zones and we were running out of time. I used the Wizard that I had been saving for such a situation and Lightning Bolted Morgan Twerp. Knocked him down but sadly didn’t hurt him. Blackbarrel blitzed and piled on Countess Disaster but also didn't break AV. Warpatch ran around and picked up the ball but a misclick moved him back next to the 2 prone Vampires he was trying to run away from – luckily sure feet saved him from what would have been a horrendous turnover. Now I couldn’t stop him getting blitzed and the 4 assist foul failed to break Morgan Twerp’s AV so I braced myself for the incoming 1/2/3 dice coming my way.

With no Thralls left Remthar had to use his last reroll on Morgan Twerp’s Bloodlust (standing him up to negate assists). Countess Disaster made the blitz... Pushback on the first hit, then skull on the second – phew! It really was plain sailing after this and I knocked out Morgan Twerp with a foul on turn 15 then scored on turn 16.

Morgan Twerp recovered from his KO to have a slight chance of a one turn touchdown with only 6 mens and no rerolls but I got a Perfect Defence on the kick off to make sure of the victory.

Summary

Well, that was an epic match.
    It's really stressful playing against a team with such ludicrous potential but I feel I played pretty great to be honest and am really proud of the win.
    Now I get to murderize some lizards in the WFC final! [​IMG]