BBTactics Is Awesome!

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
This is an only slightly tipsy Werebat, not sure where else to put this:

This is, amazingly, the nicest and most positive community I have ever seen on the internet. Yeah, I know, it's a low bar, but considering that we're all playing a game where we're bribing the referees to look the other way while we stomp on the heads of fallen players or push them into the crowd to be maimed - it's quite incredible.

For years, I have been enjoying my time here, learning a bit about strategy, getting my ass handed to me by some of the supreme coaches here (who are probably amongst the best in the world at this damn game), and having a blast. Some of you remember my Wyrmwood blog, and the health issues that kind of brought it to a close, and you should know that the community here helped me through some pretty damn dark times, probably without even realizing it. Just a great bunch of guys, all of you, and a pleasure to have competed with for all of this time.

I raise a glass of toadbrew in honor of all our coaches, past and present, and the community you have created here - helpful, humorous, and always kind in the face of the crapsack world that is the Warhammer/BloodBowl universe! Who would have known?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I was reflecting yesterday about past games I have played online, which I would play for a few months or a year and then quit. They include WoW, SC2 and Overwatch. In every case the community was part of what drove me away with their constant outraged howls about game balance and no small undercurrent of misogyny and other forms of prejudice. Not so with BB. Here the community has constantly drawn me back in and kept me playing even when my heart wasn't in it. People here are fun loving, supportive of each other and pretty laid back. For my money BBTactics is the best of the bunch. I see behavior on rebbl and especially Twitch that reminds me a little of those other game communities but never here. Cheers to all of you, and most of all to @Werebat. Your post really made me smile.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Maybe I’ve been spoiled as this is really the only online community I have ever joined (I play computer games too infrequently to join in anywhere else) so I can’t compare with any of the others. However getting to boss a great bunch of people around has helped me face some pretty dark times so all I can add is thank you to the vast majority of people, past and present, who have chosen to take part in the BBT community.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I love y'all! *sniff*
Come here, let's have a hug! :p

But seriously speaking, BBTactics forum community is great - respectful to each other and helpful to any ask, despite the fact that we all foul each other occasionally on turn 16.

Is BloodBowl the greatest game in the world, or what?

Amezcua

Rookie
Steam Username
aefe7
Country Flag
Just registered but already lovin' it! Got involved in Blood Bowl 2 recently just because of boredom: I'm in Montenegro for a couple of months on a very long business trip and looking for a real estate in Kotor for my company. It's veeeeery boring in here, such a small place, nothing to do.. *sigh* Then I decided to give BB2 a try and even though at first I was just having fun, later I decided to get some wins as well. So I can say that BB2 and BBTactics saved my life lol

Last edited:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Just registered but already lovin' it! Got involved in Blood Bowl 2 recently just because of boredom: I'm in Montenegro for a couple of months on a very long business trip and looking for a real estate in Kotor for my company. It's veeeeery boring in here, such a small place, nothing to do.. *sigh* Then I decided to give BB2 a try and even though at first I was just having fun, later I decided to get some wins as well. So I can say that BB2 and BBTactics saved my life lol
Hello, fellow Texan! Welcome aboard!
Would you be interested in joining Munch competition? We are signing up now for a new season. There will be a few new teams, so you won't be out-TVed.
Then check this out: https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/sign-up-for-munch-2020-1-competition.14346/ and hope to see you there!