1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBTactics World Cup Qualifier (BBT WCQ) 2016 Rules

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by mamutas, Dec 23, 2015.

1. SlickMongoose

SlickMongoose Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    SlickMongoose
    Country Flag:
    Please can you clarify the rules about disconnections? Does the league automatically cancel the result, so that if someone's winning 5-0 and their opponent disconnects, they automatically lose the SPP? That seems harsh. Or does it require admin intervention?

Just had a game like that where it asked me to validate the match, but the error essage came up that comes up when the validation has already been done. So i'm guessing it's automatic?

Thanks.

2. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Generally speaking we let the involved coaches determine how to handle a disconnection, whether that is letting the result stand, asking for a reset, or adminning a specific result. If they can't agree on the proper result, then the admins will review the information available and make a decision.

Letting the result stand will allow all the spp to remain, while resetting/adminning a specific result will wipe earned spp.

3. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB Active Member

Country Flag:
    I really wish they would use something like ELO, which transfers points from the loser to the winner based on their difference in rank pre-game (and fewer pts from the higher to the lower ranked in case of a tie).
    For custom leagues, we should get the ability to determine ranking points and tiebreakers ourselves. So much that could be improved, and so little incentive for them to do it!

4. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Exactly what @notafunhater said. I personally prefer for the disconnected game to be replayed, but in reality it rarely happens, so ideally coaches should decide on what to do with the result.

5. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Country Flag:
    I'd say it should really depend on the state of the match at the time, and the coaches should be adults about agreeing on this. In my opinion, if the game was essentially decided, then the result should stand. If it was still up in the air, then replaying would be best.

6. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    As I said, we let the coaches agree on the most likely outcome. If they can't agree, then the admins have to decide.

7. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Will the knockout section be seeded? (i.e. 1st in the div plays 4th from another?). If been 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th doesn't matter it might change the way people might want to play in the later matches of the league phrase.

8. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
  9. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
  10. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Ah yes... the very important bit...

*slaps self*

11. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    So if the in the final a coach is the underdog by 10k and has 150k in the bank he can buy a wizard? Seems not so fair to me. And I'm an orc sitting on 150k^^ It doesn't make sense to cap the use of bank money to 50k (or even less, just to help when you have close to 50k or 100k inducements?).

12. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    Well, you are kind of playing in the BB2 World Cup (qualifier) - it'd be a bit mad to impose different rules than will be applied in the World Cup proper.

13. Veggente85

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Like no stadium upgrades?

14. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    I'll give you that one :D, haven't read the rules for a while.

Not much point complaining about something you agreed to and has been finalized for two months though.

15. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    This.

The BB2 rules are used. Except were they are not. As stated.

16. Veggente85

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Just want to be fair and signal you the problem, since there is a (minor) chance to solve it before the start of the playoffs.

I repeat, I most likely will take advantage of that. However, I want to avoid the unavoidable discussions when this will happen and someone will complaint about

"19) The league commissioner and administration team reserve the right to sanction any coach or coaches deemed to have abused the spirit of fair play"

17. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I beleive you can spend all your gold on inducements to win the next game. But if you lose a positional player and want to replace him for the next game, you will not have the gold to do so. This is more risky for your chances of winning your ticket, I think. Maybe just buy a Babe?

18. Veggente85

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Replacing players after the final? :cool:

19. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Well or after the first round of the knock out stage.

It's really part and parcel of the (new) BB2 inducement rules. I personally am not sure i really favour them over the BB1 rules yet - but it is what we decided to use.

20. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Country Flag:
    I've kept my -MA blitzer exactly because of the possibility of spending petty cash on a wizard. =)