1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBTactics World Cup Qualifier (BBT WCQ) 2016 Rules

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by mamutas, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Yeah my point was I cannot remember whether I scored in the last turn of OT or not. I understand what golden goal means:)

2. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Golden Goal = Sudden Death

They're the same thing; just saying that whoever scores first wins. It's just like the NFL's old overtime rules; coin flip, kickoff, first one to score wins. Huge advantage to whoever receives and bash teams, which is why the NFL changed that rule a couple years ago.

I really hate that you could defend successfully for 8 turns and still lose due to a random die roll. It should just keep making you play OT periods until someone wins imo, alternating receiving teams for each.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  3. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well, if you're playing, say, wood elves vs dwarves, then chances are that by turn 17, you will be very sorely outnumbered. That means I'd give the dwarves 90% chance at the game if they win the toss, and the wood elves more like 60% if they get the toss. Having overtime actually favors the bashier races considerably (relative to the tie=loss from the open qualifier ladder) Good thing the BBtactics playoffs are 80% elves and the rest liz & skaven anyway.

Yes, or at LEAST make it so that if you defend for 8 turns in overtime, you won.

4. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Ok I'm not making myself clear, apologies. I have played an Overtime game. I think Golden Goal wins it, however I am not certain. If anyone has played an Overtime game and can confirm this then great.

5. Mercy Flush

Mercy Flush Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, if you score a TD at any point between turns 17 - 24 the game ends immediately.

What has never been thoroughly explained to me (after several conversations with Netheos) are the
    actual mechanics of the field goal penalty shootout.

'you roll a 1D.. highest wins..' dosen't really clarify the scenario, i.e is it a 1D roll per field goal attempt?
    + i've had several shootouts go to 5 or 6 kicks each.. does that mean we had rolled the same number for
    5 attempts in a row?..

6. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    My understanding is it's a straight roll-off (1D6), but each team adds one for each reroll remaining. If this roll-off is a tie then the roll-off is done again (from scratch).

Everything else you see is just Cyanide animating the result.

I'm hoping this is true as it matches the LRB, but as you say you have spoken to Netheos and aren't sure, it's completely possible I'm wrong.

7. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    That was my understanding as well.

8. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    The rankings are determined by in-game standings: how the teams are on the Leaderboard, that is how they are ranked.
    The tiebreaker rules was added to clarify the possible situation when we would had to pick a non matching number of teams for the Play Offs (like if we would have 12 Divisions and needed 16 teams for playoffs), which does not really apply in the current circumstances.

The Play Offs games will be setup as KnockOut competitions, so the game could not end into a draw, but the overtime rules will be applied as it is already explained above.

9. Lembocha

Lembocha Member

Cyanide Username:
    Lembocha
    Country Flag:
    Are these overtime rules specific of BBT or are those the regular ones? Because I cannot find any details about it on the Opening Post.

10. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    The overtime rules are not specific of BBT, this is however the game itself handles them.

11. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Those rules are actually directly lifted from LRB6, which you can read here:

http://www.bloodbowlgamers.com/downloads/LRB6.pdf (page 15, Winning the Match)

The team with the most touchdowns at the end of the last turn of the second half is the winner. If the match is tied at the end of the second half it is declared a draw unless both coaches agree to go into ‘sudden death overtime’. Flip the Blood Bowl coin to see which coach chooses who kicks-off, and then play a third series of eight turns per team. Any re-rolls still remaining at the end of the second half (including re-rolls earned from Kick-off events, Inducements or Special Play cards) are carried over and may be used in overtime, but teams do not receive new allocations of re-rolls as they normally would at the start of a new half. The first team to score wins the match. If neither team scores, then the match is decided by a penalty shoot-out; each coach rolls a D6, high score wins, re-roll ties! Each unused team re-roll adds 1 to the D6 score.

12. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Found this in the terms and conditions of the World Cup.

A Game is made of 2 (two) half periods of 8 (eight) tours each. Each tour last 4 (four) minutes of play (i.e animation, cinematics, players placement on the field do not count towards the play time). If two Coaches are to a tie at the end of the Game, they engage in a third half period. Teams only keep non-used rerolls from the second half period in the third half period. During the third half period, a team wins if it scores. If they are still to a tie at the end of the third half period, a dice is rolled for each team with +1 for each non-used reroll. The best roll wins.

13. Sokk

Sokk Member

Country Flag:
    @mamutas @notafunhater @Ravers

I was wondering if I could get some clarification on the rules. If a player already has won a ticket from another competition and wins a ticket from BBT what happens if they choose to enter the WC with the ticket from the other tournament?

That leaves BBT with an extra ticket. I can see two ways to resolve the situation.

1. Give it to mamutas for or another admin for running a kick ass tournamant.
    2. Giving the ticket to the runner up in the playoffs.
    I was wondering what option BBT is opting for?

14. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    If a player wins a ticket from another competition and chooses to use that one, they should let us know. We can then find a solution that will suit.

15. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Giving a ticket to an admin is a great idea. But unfortunately it would not be very good sportsmanship. We admin are left to be satisfied with you gratitude as that is the only thing we get. Unless we win the ticket. :)

Everyone who signed up to play signed to play all the way to the end. No matter the circumstance in other leagues.

So only the finals will decide who got the ticket. If the winner does not want it, it will go to the runner up.

16. Mercy Flush

Mercy Flush Member

Country Flag:
    Well then perhaps now would be an appropriate time for me to say thank you Mamutas & the
    whole BBT admin team for staging such a great contest.
    Online BB as we all know has forever been frought with problems, but with such a great
    competitive, exciting & rewarding tournament like this you guys have achieved a great thing &
    shown the true magic of what a great Blood Bowl competition can be.

St Cloud, Steynberg and mamutas like this.
  17. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    @Mercy Flush,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
    It surely was not easy to get everything going and thank you for all the admins and orther forum members who helped with that.

I am glad that you enjoyed it that much!

patbou73 and Steynberg like this.