1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC 2 All Star Final

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by TravelScrabble, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Blood bowl is perfectly balanced, and as a WE coach I'm perfectly placed to say that.

2. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I don’t think that ST is the main balancing problem honestly. At high TV in a rez format I think that MV and AG are equally as important. Most teams had a killer and enough guard that they can do some damage. So if we are limiting ST we would probably need to limit AG as well.

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Exactly, the aforementioned 41 Str available to Khemri comes at a cost in that the equivalent AGI is only 18. As opposed to 44 on an Elf team. Most of the higher strength players have a downside. Balancing normal BB is bad enough, balancing high TV mixed teams where you are selecting from existing player rosters is worse. If you were going to impose arbitrary limits then a TV or 'salary' cap would be more appropiate imho.

4. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    Quoting everyone who spoke about balance...

I've barely the experience that most of you do when it comes to Bloodbowl, so take my words with the weight you want to choose to give them. The truth is, when I play the game, win or lose, there are some games I feel completely outclassed, and others where I feel like my opponent had it rough without a single roll being cast. The ridiculousness of the game makes me laugh, and I think that's part of the best part of Bloodbowl. The balance feels like it's mitigated by the choices of tactics a player goes with, and is trounced by the cast of Nuffle's bones now and again. In my other competitive hobby we often say, "You can do everything right, and still lose a competition, and that's ok, you just know there's more to learn and grow into."

5. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Should be doable for me as well, I have some errands I need to run but I should be able to fit them around it

Ilgoth likes this.
  6. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I was thinking limiting sInce we already had a st5 limit is why I thought of a different one. Perhaps the best would be no restrictions at all other than the max of a player type limit the game gives you?

Reason I thought of it was undead team themselves felt very limited with only 2 St 5 guys possibe. Some may think if they took all 6 plus 2 Flesh golems it would be too much. At the same time a team with many Saurus that don't have the downside of the rest of the team being skinks is obviously very powerful compared to a normal roster.

7. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    What about just limiting the choice to 1 player per type? Max 1 wardancer, 1 saurus, 1 beastmen, and so on. Maybe with some exceptions for standard lino in teams with few races.

TravelScrabble likes this.
  8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm opening a discussion thread now and will include this idea in the op

9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    @Ilgoth Bad news. There is a good chance I can't make Friday now. If that changes I will let you know but otherwise assume I can't make the stream.

10. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    Just to confirm @Mark Teal , I am available for 19:00, but I'd like to start as close to on time as possible. I'm traveling this weekend so any minutes I can shave off to be leaving my house by 21:00 would be a blessing. Thank you kindly in advance for showing up promptly for this game! :) I'll probably be lurking from 18:45 onward.