1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC 2 Season 9 MD6 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by tys123, Dec 6, 2017.

1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I can't catch a break this season.
    Against and experienced necro side I get the ST4 wrestle block elf and a wiz to help.
    I choose to defend and the ref knock off a turn due to a riot.
    By turn 4 I have failed to knock anyone down , failed 2 dodges and the star elf is dead.
    I do force the ballcarrying ghoul to make a dodge but another 1 and failed loner on turn 7 mean he can just walk in the TD.
    The 2nd half it gets even worse.
    The ball lands in the endzone and I snake eyes the pick up with the ball being thrown back in almost to half way.
    The necro mark up some players and get 2 TZ's on the ball. I need to dodge to blitz one of them away and get another snake eyes.
    So they get the ball but I fireball the cage and make a route to the ballcarrier for a 2D blitz. Another snake eyes on the dodge prevents that though.
    Then with the ball by my endzone I need a gfi for a 1D blitz. This time the reroll works on the GFI but I get a skull on the block dice.

I do manage to score a consolation TD on turn 8 and the apoth did save the only rostered player to be injured though the team is now slightly better than before the game.

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Absolutely ridiculous

3. Mynimo1

Mynimo1 Active Member

Steam Username:
    mynimo6
    Cyanide Username:
    Mynimo1
    Country Flag:
    Lol I would actually take your luck tys. Just a microcosm of my 2 games yesterday - 2 games 4 Blitz on kickoff against pro elf and lizardmen and sure hand on pick up fails on all 4 Blitz.

4. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    Nuln
    My Pineforest Guardians (Woodelves) won 3-1 over Czech Beer Dwarves (Dwarfs) coached by @Kubusta

Woodies recieved two loners to fill in the ranks, and got a Wizard and Bloodweiser from inducements. Weather was nice, woodies chose to defend on first kick-off.

First kick-off was a Blitz, and despite the Dwarfs being able to Badly Hurt the Wardancer on the ball, the ball bounced to Lothtor the Cathcer, who then sprinted in the first touchdown on turn 1.

Second kickoff, the ball lands near the half-line, but the dwarves put on their running shoes and were able to pick up the ball. On turn 3 the wizard sent a fireball which hit three players of the five possible, and the ball was again loose. The thrower scrambled up the ball, and lobbed it to Lothtor, who ran in 2-0 on turn 4.

Third kickoff, the ball was kicked deep. Dwarves focused on hitting stuff, so Ulviir the Wardancer lept over the lines to provide an assistance to the blitz on the Blodge Runner, who went down. Lothtor scooped up the loose ball, and ran in 3-0 on turn 7.

As second half started, the woodies had just four regular players and the two loners left, the others were off sleeping (the Treeman was badly hurt on turn 8). As Ulviir was knocked out, the woodies situation started to look grim, so Lothtor sprinted to goal and waited for the pass. In vain, as the Thrower fumbled the pass. Dwarves then crowdsurfed Lothtor as well as the Guard lineman, and the woodies were running for their lives. The other Loner died as he tried to open up a line with a one-die block. At the end only two elves were standing on the field, as the Dwarf Blitzer ran in the final touchdown of the game on turn 16.

Thank you for the game Kubusta. Nuffle was strong with the woodies in the first turns, and after that it was a really long way to run for the dwarves. The 3-0 touchdown was just the final nail to the coffin.

The match is uploaded to BB2Stats.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Smeik, Ilgoth, Deithwen and 1 other person like this.
  5. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    In Ostland my Roll like an Egyptian (Khemri) had reluctantly entered the pitch to play against @DireSickFish's R.W.B.Y. (Dark Elves)

With about 600k of petty cash available I elected to get exactly the same inducement as in the last MD, Ramtut, wizard, and a bribe. The elves had won the toss and elected to kick, hoping that the poor AG2 skellies wuoldn't be able to handle the ball at all. As a matter of fact, their hopes proved completely true. After some unsuccessful three die blocks by the Tomb Guardians and a blitz injuring a niggled lineelf a Thro-Ra attempted a pick up in our end zone, but, of course, failed it, and the ball, scattering out, got thrown in in a prime stealing spot for the elves. For a few turns borh teams crowded aroud the ball and fighting to try and get it out of the opponent's tackle zones, in the end the elves prevailed and kinda formed a cage, forcing me to use the wizard on my own drive.

The rookie Blitz-Ra managed to pick the ball up and move it forward, and when the Elves had run out of rerolls, I thought that I would be able to finally score a TD. Unfortunately double BD meant a Witch could make two dodges and two GFI's for a one-die block on the ball carrier, which she had easily done, leaving me no choice but a 4+ pick up into a 5+ handoff to a TG, who rolled double 2's.

The second half looked quite grim despite the acumulated number advantage, the Elves went in aggressively and the Khemri could not stop a quick two-turn touchdown. When the Thro-Ra failed the pick up again I pretty much abandoned all hope and went for dangerous plays on an off chance that they would work. They didn't but the Darkies rolled a snake eyes on the dodge for two turns in a row, giving the rookie Blitz-Ra another chance at the ball, and this time he ran and ran and ran, scoring on turn 16 and ending the match with a draw. The good news for me, I guess, is that the Tackle MB Blitz-Ra got PO just in time for the Skaven and Welves matches, hopefully it will come in handy. Ah, and a Skeleton got his 5th MVP in 15 matches, gosh, I wish it was a TG.

Thank you for the game @DireSickFish, it was interesting and tense, if somewhat frustrating at times (for both of us I suppose), good luck for the rest of the season!

6. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Watch the whole game here

Tough match but humans managed to pull off a win here.

I won the toss and went offense first. It alright, first move was double skulls. :rolleyes: For undead first blitz was a dead human blitzer, who was saved by Apo. (phew) Whole offense was about changing direction with the ball every turn, trying to stretch up defensive line and play the human speed. Worked out, Mummies were left behind and tied up by linemen. I scored on my T7. After that, blitz event allowed me to try a 2nd touchdown by getting to the ball. Sadly Benjen tripwired and it didn't workout.

Defensive half was pretty normal, I was two guys down but within few moments I managed to even the number. I got nice amount of pressure on the ball, and @JaspersaurusRex used his wizard to lightning bolt Benjen. Ball was free to run, and a turn later Undead managed to get numbers even. I got three turns to make a touchdown, and I managed to do it, although it wasn't that easy.

One lineman MNG, and thrower leveled up. Nothing else to say. Except my season was 0-0-4 two weeks ago, now it's 2-0-4. :) Wardens coming back up?!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Smeik and Swuul like this.
  7. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Game-of-Thorns get a 3-1 victory over Carnavikings in a match that was thoroughly dominated by crazy Elf plays. In the first half, I actually got the better CAS rolls, and was up a player or two for most of the first half. The Norse elected to receive, but only formed a 3/4 cage, and I was able to get a 2d Blitz on the ball carrier with my leaping wrackle AG 5 lineelf. I think the first time I got the ball loose, it was caught by one of the cage corners, but I was eventually able to retrieve the ball, which led to a T6 score. I got a really deep kick on the ensuing kickoff, and the Norse were unable to score. They did, however, get 2 CAS and 1 KO on the LOS blocks. Fortunately, the KO was on my Treeman, who did wake up for the second half.

Receiving the ball in the second half, I scored in two turns. With my opponent having a wizard, I didn't have enough players to try to screen or cage the ball, so I went for the quick score, which thankfully succeeded. Receiving their third kickoff, the Norse attempted to score quickly, to have enough time to try and go for another score to tie the game, but I was able to steal the ball again and bring the score up to 3-0. The Norse scored their only touchdown on T16.

Swuul likes this.
  8. JaspersaurusRex

JaspersaurusRex Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tasteytaco
    Cyanide Username:
    Jaspersaurusrex
    Country Flag:
    All would have been much more difficult with my 2 best defenders. Changed everything I wanted to do. Gg. Hoping for a remarch

Ilgoth likes this.
  9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yea it would have been much harder for me at that point. Got real lucky with the timing of facing you.

10. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Nordland Division.

Moon Shiners 1:1 Blue Face Clan . Ravers vs Doohickey.

Top 2 (of 3) teams faced off with a 4-0-1 record, we'd played before. 1st match we met Doohickey basically killed my team in Altdwarf. We never recovered and got relegated. 2nd time out was in Nordland last season and I returned the favour, smashing his rather scary Orcs to bits to win 2:0. Third time was a lot closer!

I won the toss and received. Could not get anything going and was struggling vs the strength and Guard of the Orcs. I never threatened to break out of my own half, but at least did not concede. 0-0 at the break.

2nd half and was again really struggling vs the Orc superior Strength, Guard, and AV. In desperation I called upon my wizard and he unleashed a mighty fireball, KO'ing the Thrower Carrier, Injuring some random Orc, KO'ing another. That changed the game. An Orc broke clear, I had a 3 plus dodge and 2 GFI's to sack the new carrier, but I rolled 1 on the 1st GFI, used the team RR to make it, then another 1 on the 2nd GFI, used PRO, made it, then another 1. Arrgh:mad::mad:. Orcs stalled and I did sack them the next turn, Jack Daniels II KOing their carrier, but they managed to pick up and score their turn 15. Just before that my Str 5 lino managed to break his neck failing a dodge, Apo offered to kill him instead so he is now Agi 2 which sucks.

So this left me 2 turns to score with no RR, and 1 move 7 player. A kick which landed in the arms of a lineman on the LoS helped, a yeti blitz cleared some room and I managed to hand off to my newly hired runner, GlenFiddich Jnr (son of the legendary but sadly deceased Glen Fiddich :p) who was screened off 8 squares from the end zone. Orcs could not do much so last turn of the game I marked the Orc in the way and my runner 2D blitzed, got the Pow and made the GFI to tie it up.

Brutal game, very hard to play against so much guard. The wizard changed things for me, apart from that my dice were not great. GG @doohickey ! This leaves us both on 4-1-1 and on track for promotion back to Altdwarf.

11. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Hey, you take that back! AG2 is all you need, trust a self-appointed Khemri coach.

12. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    It was certainly one hell of a game, super stressful to play haha. Was really happy to have bought my own wiz as it saved my bacon in getting away from the yeti after your fireball threw my drive into chaos. Next game is gonna be rough for me, playing @MacToosh and his orcs with my ST4 blitzer and guard lino out. So I'm gonna have a loner and no bench which could be rough, at least I won't be giving away 300+ in inducements for the first time this season =P

Ravers likes this.
  13. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    in my first game of the week, my oponent couldnt roll if his life depended on it, being elves it usually does!
    Round 4? a killed his st 4 starplayer.
    Killed someone else aswell but he got apoed.
    Apo...what a nice thing to have when someone you care about die. Like my blockpass passing ballhandler FG. Interceptionking, now the thread that was holding him together got ruptured and he fell apart. Necromancer was away on lunchbreak.
    That was about the only thing nuffle didnt give me that day. I played awefully, no focus but didnt get punished at all.
    Also ive seen what bs thing @tys123 elfteams can do. But not this day. Levelups wasnt the dubs i REALLY wanted but oh well.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  14. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    My 2nd game of the week, and first with the goblins was noobish, hard, bloody in times and left the game with an injurybox full of injuries and sendoffs. Managed to -ma his blodge +ag bull centaur. Your welcome Averland!
    My two fanatics went arround and stunned ppl, but not really anything else. Including my fanatic at one point :D
    I started the 2nd half with a fireball into 2 bulls and 3 dorf blockers. such a letdown! 2 stuns 1 downed and 2? left standing. So i guess above avg, but I wanted blood!
    Went in with both my fanatics into the mess that was left after the fireball. The ma4 starplayer one managed to hit the same stunned dorf +guard blocker 3 times without any luck.
    Looney went arround sawing ppl, but all in all 3 bribes is only 3. And when you dont get to start with the ball its hard to keep them on. Pogoer did 2 passes just because he wanted. success. one troll either boneheaded, 5? times but got 2 cas aswell so all in all a good hawl for him. Threw 3 goblins, hit his bull 0 times, 2 got injured and out but the trolls didnt really seem to notice. they just looked arround for other to hit or throw.
    Not many players left in the end. I ended with 2 trolls, stunned pogoer, stunned goblin and standing goblin to cancel really stupid :D he had 4 blockers, 1 hobbo and a bull.
    This can be fun :D Thx @Brody
    For whoever thats interested in the score (who would?) i scored 1! Didnt see any chorfgoald, but then again didnt always see where the ball was

15. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    0-0 against the Orc Elves who in true elf style dodged into two TZ with a DT around - dodged out again - made 2 GFI just too snake eye the third... Oh and a 1 on the final 2+ leap cost me the win on my drive.

gg @LloydsGamble

helGn and LloydsGamble like this.
  16. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah could have went either way in the end.

:bothdown::skull: reroll :bothdown::skull: killed my drive on turn 7 although St Cloud defended very well.

Failed leap around turn 13 to go 1-0 up was rough.

I could have potentially scored afterwards with a Blitzer but a dodge and 1D :powdodge: without rerolls made sure it was 0-0.

Draw probably fair result in the end.

17. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nuln
    My Vernim Vendetta (Rats) vs. @Rocketdeath 's - L'Anguille's Brood - Bretonnians 4-1

After two straight losses my rats are back on the track to promotion.
    I chose to kick. The game opener was a pitch invasion, that send at least five brets and no ratsto the ground. Obviously there was no real chance for @Rocketdeath to prevent the defensive TD.
    That first drive affected the whole match, as Rocket had to take chances to make up for the early deficit. Subsequently there were enough chances for more sacks.
    Only important injury is a MNG for my AG+GR
    GG @Rocketdeath and better luck next time!

Rocketdeath, Deithwen and Ravers like this.
  18. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The Disciples manage a 2 1 win against @ParaDoc and his reptiles. With both teams removing players easily, a turn 6 that saw the Lizards failed many foul appearances allowing us to break free and score on turn 8. In the 2nd half the lizards scored in 3 turns and started my drive ahead on numbers so must have reckoned they had a chance to win. However the line blocks removed 2 Saurus leaving only 2 Saurus and the Krox so it was relatively simple to score the decider.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  19. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    In the Cathay Division, my Ebonfur Eviscerators (Amazons) were up against the Oak-Land Raidahs (Pro Elves) of @VulpesInculta and the match looked to be a fierce one..

Our teamvalues were nearly equal. I had a slight edge in Blodge, but he had a STR 4 Blitzer at his disposal, as well as the usual elf-like AGI 4 and passing potential. My tactic going in to the match was to aim to take advantage of his low armour and play for removals so that I'd have the number advantage. However, as the match started I noticed it was raining so I opted to choose on the defensive side despite better judgment just because I was scared I might struggle with ball handling. I figured that maybe I could force an early score, finish the first half on a 1-1, and then play for the win during the second half. This turned out to be a vast mistake, as the very first kick-off event switched the weather to Nice right away. Oh dear..

The first half was a complete struggle and disaster. Mister Vulpes rolled a fair amount of POWs, even on some 1-die throws that he took, and my armour didn't hold up well at all. On the plus side, it was mostly stuns that I suffered, and only the occasional KO. But my own players were not able to perform well at all with their blocks and blitzes, managing to take down very few elves during the entire first half, and even the fouls I went for didn't accomplish much - Twice I failed to even break armour on something along the lines of a 5+! The combination of both being down on players and incredibly mediocre punching meant that Vulpes and his elves could stall very safely, and he scored on turn 8, still having every single Elf standing.

At least my KO's came back and the second half started with 11 vs 11 once again. And my dice were slightly better this half too, but I think my opponent will agree that his was still a little bit better! :p During this half I managed to remove the STR 4 Elf Blitzer Abomination from the field with a low-chance foul (That one worked - The others did not!) and although my own Linewoman got sent off in return it was a great trade for me. But the Elves were playing a good defensive play, and I started thinking of strategic ways that I could perhaps make a screening play happen. However, I went full potato and sat around for far too long, not paying enough attention to the turn timer. Suddenly I hear the 5-seconds-left noise and I completely panic and just move my players in a second without thinking any of it through, and so my ball carrier ended up in an awful spot. Any real chance I had at a draw was lost that turn and it was entirely my own fault for being so stupid. Argh!

It didn't take long for the elves to sack my now vastly out-of-position ball carrier, and the ball went out of bounce and landed in pretty much the best possible spot for the Raidahs. Shortly thereafter, a beautiful pass was thrown, some running occurred, and it was 2-0 to my opponent with only about two turns left on the clock. Defeated, I decided to at least try to get a last-minute touchdown, but had to do a 3+ Hand-off followed by 2+, 2+ GFI's to make it happen (with a reroll). It didn't work out. :( And so the game was over. But not before the Elves decided to kill one of my Blodgers on the very last turn! At least the Apo saved her and restored her to working condition. Phew!

Final score: 2-0 to the Elves. My first loss of the season, and it was a rough one! But I played poorly and deserved this one - There's no doubt about that. I earned a very insignificant 8 SPP from the match (1 from Vanity pass, 2 from a successful injury caused on the final turn, and 5 from the MVP) - Yet somehow this was enough to level up three of my players, so at least I am happy with that result! :cool: