1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC 6 Averland MD1: The Wind in the Willows

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by Fallowheart, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to the start of Season 6!

Time to be like the willow... show us who can bend, or who will BREAK!

[​IMG]

2. Antonis

Antonis Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Since i m new here i would like to ask a few questions just to be sure if you don't mind. So i ll play my first match this tuesday at 23:59 (gmt+1) at the night correct? And my opponent will be bestbitter. I will simply find him and challenge him at this time online?

Also is this division alone or a part of a bigger construction of divisions? And if so where can i find the info of how it works (who promotes, who relegates etc.)?

Thank you! :)

3. bestbitter

bestbitter Member

Cyanide Username:
    bestbitter
    Country Flag:
    Hi Antonis. You have until the following Tuesday by 23:59 to arrange your match with your opponent (so in this case the 9th September) For your information i can play the following days and times.

Monday 1/9 after 20:30
    Tuesday 2/9 after 21:30
    Thursday 4/9 after 21:30
    Friday 5/9 after 20:30

Let me know if any of those times suit.

This I believe is the bottom tier of five divisions but I'm not 100% sure how promotion/relegation works! There is information on the forums that I'm sure tells you or somebody will more than likely give a better reply than I just have (it's late).

Anyways hope that was some help and I will see you on the pitch.

4. Antonis

Country Flag:
    Thanks a lot for the info pal! It was very unfortunate that i have to begin against you since you seem to have the most experienced team of the division! I ll probably be able to meet you on the pitch today (Monday) after 20:30 as you suggest. :)

5. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Hey Cramgr,

I'm free all day on (either) Tuesday; Wednesday; Friday and Sunday, so if you wish to play on any of those days, just let me know when.

I'm also able to play on Monday (either); Thursday and Saturday, but only after 2100 GMT.

I'll see you on the pitch,

~Val

6. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Hey Gtrain,

I am free 18:30 to 21:00 GMT+1 on weekdays and most reasonable GMT+1 times on the weekend.

However my internet is getting upgraded on Tuesday and may be a bit unstable around then, plus I have a match on Thursday already.

So I am free tonight(Monday), Friday evening and the weekend, plus next Monday and Tuesday evening assuming the MD goes until the 9th. When is good for you?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. Hazbot

Hazbot Member

Cyanide Username:
    Hazbot
    Country Flag:
    This is indeed part of a system of divisions, the promotion/relegation system is a little bit difficult to explain but the Big Crunch rules page features a very helpful diagram.

8. Hazbot

Hazbot Member

Cyanide Username:
    Hazbot
    Country Flag:
    Hello Hawca,

I generally find it hard to find time on weekdays, but 1800 GMT on Thursday may work.

Other weekdays may be workable but would definitely be significantly less convenient for me.

Otherwise either Saturday or Sunday after 1600 GMT would function perfectly fine.

Looking forward to a great game!

9. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    Hi Val.

Tomorrow,Tuesday, at 18:30 GMT would be fine.

Greetz
    Cram

10. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Hi Antonis, the BC rules thread that Hazbot linked is a good resource and contains rules that we expect players to be familiar with.

A few of the key ones are worth reiterating in this thread though:

1. Matches happen once a week. A matchday thread will be posted at the start of each week and will let you know when the deadline for the week is but it will almost always be the following Tuesday. You are responsible for contacting your opponent to schedule your game. We recommend you use this thread in case of problems but PMs e-mail and Steam chat can also be used e.g.

2. If you are having problems contacting your opponent post in the problems thread http://bbtactics.com/forums/big-crunch-appeals-reset-help-thread-2-a-t4229/ and the admins will respond with options (which may include extending the match day a LITTLE bit)

3. Once you have played your game through to the end, you or your opponent must upload to BBM (more info in the rules thread) and both post in the results thread for validation. Once a game is uploaded to BBM it will be subject to validation.

4. If the game does not complete because of a crash or any other reason you need to post in the help thread and request it from an admin, again both players must do this. DO NOT post to BBM. If you are unable to replay the game for any reason let the admins know that and we will again tell you your options. Be aware that Cyanide options for adminning games are extremely limited and so it is often better to replay but if that does not happen it is generally the party who is not deemed responsible for the crash who has the final say/advantage.

Hopefully that's all clear, any new and even old players are more than welcome to ask any further questions, please don't hesitate

11. Axler

Axler Member

Anarch looks like we are up first.

I can do most evenings UK time and sometimes over the weekend with a little notice.

12. bestbitter

bestbitter Member

Cyanide Username:
    bestbitter
    Country Flag:
    I may have the most experienced team but I was relegated last season so that tells you my 'skills' as a coach! Just to confirm 2030 my time will be 2130 your time, is this correct?

13. Antonis

Country Flag:
    Τhank you for your help! :)

14. Antonis

Country Flag:
    That's right! So I 'll see you then I supose. May the Nuffle favor the best... Dwarf! :D

15. Antonis

Country Flag:
    By mistake i must have submitted another match. The correct one is the Dwarves-Humans 1-0 that was first submited. sorry for the inconvenience...
    I m still learning the ropes here.

16. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Ive sent a PM to Gtrain as it doesn't appear he has been online in awhile.

Just posting that here so all is clear.

17. gtrain

gtrain Member

Country Flag:
    I'm here! I was off to PAX for the past 5 days. Those times work for me most days, but I'll have to check my work schedule tomorrow before I can confirm a time.

18. Hawca

Hawca Member

Country Flag:
    any chance of 20.00 GMT Thursday?

19. o8oo Anarch

o8oo Anarch Member

Country Flag:
    Cool, same here. How about thursday 20:00GMT (21:00 uk time)?

20. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Okay thats fine:), just let me know which day you would prefer to go with and what time and I will aim to see you then.

I hope PAX was fun.