1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human [BC] Adeptus Medicus

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Zinc, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Zinc

Zinc Member

Cyanide Username:
    Zinco
    Country Flag:
    In a small tavern near the Ostland capital of Wolfenburg, Louis Passer gathers his team around the hearth. His dream had always been to win one of the major Blood Bowl trophies; but since having both of his ankles broken in a game against some greenskins, it was impossible to do it on the field. He had spent a few seasons benchwarming for B-list teams in the Albion league, but he knew that wasn't how he was going to go down in history. So he collected some players from the local medical schools' ameteur team (and payed through the nose to get an ogre), and formed the Adeptus Medicus.

The Adeptus Medicus values the idea of medical capability as highly as it does one's abillity to crush your opponent's skull on the field. This has lead to them being stuck in the minor leagues for a few years, but that all changed one fateful week. The commissioner of The Big Crunch approached Louis with a rather reluctant look on his face. "Louis Passer?"
    "Yeah, that's me. What do you want?"
    "I would like to extend an invitation to you and your team to participate in the Ostland division of The Big Crunch."
    "Are you kidding?! I'd be thrilled! I knew there were BC scouts at that match versus the Salty Boar Crave-" The commissioner interupts him at this point.
    "We are certainly not happy to have you. If anything, we were kind of forced to have you. So many teams have been forced to fold from Ostland that we really are beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel with you guys."
    Slightly disheartened, but none-the-less still excited, Louis responds "Well, I appreciate the offer. We'll show you how this is really done!"

This brings us to now, after a couple of tight games to cover the last 2 games of Season 8, the team are recovering. Ale is being drank, women courted, and brawls with their boyfriends fought. After the rest of the patrons leave the bar, the team captain Marty Curie goes to coach Louis for a few words. "Coach, do you really think we are ready for the big leagues? Do you really thin we can make it?" The thrower, who had just come off a standout game against the division winners Dyno-Bots, had a keen glint in his eyes.
    "Yeah, I think we can Marty... I think we really can."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst their first full season didn't exactly fly well, the sophomore humans are now being documented for historical reasons. The roster has grown a little since the start, and there has been a fair bit of development.
    [​IMG]

I'll quickly go over the team members:

1 - Marty Curie: Marty is the go-to guy for ball handling. With an early level up, he became a serviceable frontline player as well. Good player, leads in both rushing and passing yardage, likely to continue being a major part of the team.
    2 - Dimitri Mend-a-leg: Dimitri's impact on games has been... sporadic to say the least. He has had games where he has rolled bone heads every other turn and lined up 2x3 skulls on 3 die blocks; but he has just as many games where he has been all over the pitch, wrecking havoc on the foes. As all ogres are, he is an important part of the team providing the much needed strength to the line.
    3 - All-fixed Nobel: All fixed is the first of a pair of mobile blitzers, having acquired blodge by level 2. He has had a single TD and 1 casualty inflicted so far, but will likely improve as time goes on.
    4 - Franz Haber: An explosive player poised to take on a dodge heavy league (like the one he is currently in), but he has already picked up a niggling injury which may lead to an untimely demise. High hopes for him though.
    5 - Michael Faraday: Standard blitzer, scraping through to level 2 on the back of 2 MVPs.
    6 - Robert Oppenheimer: Currently the star of the show, having picked up +1 MA on his first level up, and tackle for his 2nd. He does it all, 1 MVP, 2 TDs, 1 pass, 1 reception, 1 interception, he killed a guy and gave another an injury; he is just a machine.
    7 - Max Planck: Level 2 lineman on the back of 2 MVPs.
    8 - Nikola Tesla: The only player from the original lineup to not level yet, picked up his 1st MVP last year.
    9 - Alan Turing: Level 2 lineman, nothing special here.
    10 - Srinivasa Ramanujan: Whilst not only having the hardest name to say on the team, he also tied for the most casualties on the team with 5. That's tied with Dimitri the ogre!
    11 - Max Born: The only lineman with a TD to his name.
    12 - Sigmund Freud: The teams catcher, leading the team with 3 TDs.
    13 - Gregory Houset: Green player, there for depth.
    14 - Doogie Howser: Youngest player of the team, currently there for depth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having gone 1-3-5 in their first full season, the start of the team has been slow. But with a win to start S10 of the Big Crunch, things are looking up.

I will keep you all up to date.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Drakan2.0 likes this.
  2. Zinc

Zinc Member

Cyanide Username:
    Zinco
    Country Flag:
    Well, MD2 of S10 was a poor showing. I messed up the very first turn by (accidentally) pressing the end turn before I was done. This meant my first score was hurried, thus lost 2-1 to a team of Woodies.

MD3 should be better, but the team has shown a strong dislike of elfball teams thus far. Tackle and mighty blow are high priority skills now.

3. Zinc

Zinc Member

Cyanide Username:
    Zinco
    Country Flag:
    VS. The League of Ordinary Men - High Elves - CareemSoda

MD3 was looking to be a good game, until one of the coaches (me) blacked out (disconnected) midway through the first half.

Regardless, the match was very back and forth with a couple of mistakes being made by myself (not going for the GFI to get a TD, resulting in Freud gaining a niggling and the elves getting the TD instead) as well as not really being equipped to handle elves handily yet. 2-2 draw despite all that was nice, but certainly room to improve. A fair few SPP were gained, and Oppenheimer got the MVP (rightly so).

2 lvl ups, Faraday got +AG and Dimitri got Break tackle

I may have to pick up a second catcher before my next game.

4. Zinc

Zinc Member

Cyanide Username:
    Zinco
    Country Flag:
    VS. Princess Revenge - Amazons - Alini

Humans win the toss, elect to receive.

MD4 started in a bloodthirsty manner, with Dimitri going down with a fractured leg (formerly a damaged back) from a foul. In a fit of anger, Oppenheimer blitzed the dirty player and killed her. This was followed by a quick score by the medics, who held the 'zons off from a return TD. The second half was a slow grind, with Faraday getting fouled (also garnering a damaged back) with the offending player being ejected from the game. The clock was running down, and Oppenheimer made a run to pressure the ball carrier, who then passed to a blitzer up the middle. She made a break for the end zone, making to GFIs. The medics manage to get a surround on her. She failed the dodge out, ball went loose to another player. Oppenheimer blitzed, knocked the ball out, Marty recovered, passed to a lineman. Then I did a serious dumb. I did a 2-die their favour block, failed. This allowed the thrower to make an easy pass to a catcher making a 1-1 draw.

Well played Alini, curse you for taking 2 of my major line players for MD5.