BC MD9 Results

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Holy Nuffle and all, a draw was secured as HAVOL failed a 2+ dodge with reroll to score a deserved winner.

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Well we did our bit. 3-0 win for the Armourfiends to end on a high and put a bit of pressure on Borke’s evil elfs. It was one of those games where we had very insipid general dice, but the important dice could hardly have been better if the norse had been able to pick result rather than roll. Were made a minor misplay on his drive that got brutally punished by perfect dice, transforming the game.

We started to get some consistent block dice in the last quarter, which combined with a very badly timed quad skull from Were and the wizard meaning our gamble to push for the third paid off. That quad skull could be the key moment if we steal an unlikely title.

So after three seasons we bow out, finishing with one defeat and two draws on the field in our three seasons. A perfect season, a dominant Reikland campaign that went perfect until the final round dead rubber and at worst missing out on Altdwarf on the tie breaker to some elfs… it was a short run in BC but overall I think the Armourfiends can set off to retirement pretty happy with their career.

Thanks for the games all. It has been a pleasure.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Zoroaster forgot to mention that one of his Norsemen killed Gruechitter the Foul, in his debut match as a Legendary player. That didn't last long.

I was about to shrug it off as the team losing a liability,as Gruechitter had acquired two niggles and a concussion over this seasons (even the Apo couldn't save him as it was Dead-->Dead) when another player smashed the ankle of my senior thrower.

This was a fairly brutal match, as Zeem killed one of his ulfwereners early on and his Norsemen killed one of my rookie goblins in addition to Gruechitter. Three deaths in one match!

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
BC's Eleven also won their final match, 3-1 over Willpower's BC Boobs.

So, since we are on even points, it comes down to tiebreakers, I guess. What are those for the Big Crunch again? :oops:

Edit: I think that whatever they are, Zoraster takes home the trophy, as he has a slightly better TD difference (+9 over my +8), and our head-to-head was a tie. I'm gonna guess that the only tiebreaker I would win on are TDs scored.

Edit 2: And in anticipation of that ruling: Congratulations, Zoraster! Well played, Norse are not an easy team to coach at high TV levels.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
TD Differential is first tie breaker, total TDs is second tie breaker.

Yeah, I figured. I got sooo close... :p

By the way, interesting coincidence: The match between Willpower and myself also saw 3 players die: A Wrestle/-MA Lino and a Wrestle/Tackle/Kick/-AV Lino for me, and a legendary killer Blitzer by the name of Warchief Thrall for Willpower.