1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc [BC] ORCIAD: The Eporc Saga

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Landwaker, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    No Mathilda to motivate - clear as crystal why the assasin failed but still a shame that such a vital mission for improvement of mental work enviroment amongst the coaches failed:D

2. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not entirely sure what this means but it sounds very suspicious... ;)

3. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Watch Leon by Luc Besson Nice movie

4. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Ah yes that is a good one but I don't think EEEVERYONNNE got the reference. ;) Anyway, the rat wouldn't (and now can't) talk, but we're keeping your druggorfs high on the suspect list. You've had a good run to the top but hopefully the scales will balance soon... :cool:

5. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Pffft... Dwarf purity will always prevail over tampered with orcish scales;)

6. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY EIGHT

That was just ugly to watch the deaths and perms pile up on Da Immortulz at the start, and at the end Diorc took -1AG (other option was death). But Menel II got 2 TDs, an injury and the MVP, so finally all four blorcs have Guard.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  7. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Wow that is destruction - perhaps Big Grudge will see the light and reroll to dwarfs:powdodge:

8. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Not always. ;):D With one match left in Reikland the three promotion spots are secured with the eporcs at 19 points, the druggorfs at 18 points, and the nurglars at 17 points. Smurf and jr are facing off so a draw between them would see me stay on top, otherwise I need to win over cj's ogres.

However it turns out, this season has been so much better than I expected, and the team has advanced to the point where I'm more concerned about conservation than development. As much as I'd like to win Reikland, I care more about keeping my good players -- and there are a lot of them now, making for a bizarrely high apo threshold -- healthy for the top tier. Having watched jr and cj (Dio) bash each other badly, I'm going to hire another lineorc to take some of those mighty blows. So a different sort of drama than prior seasons, but I'll still be nervous till it's over.

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    So not looking forward to facing this lot next season. Hope I get them late late late in the schedule.

10. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Same...

You're looking very scary Land!

11. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Those pesky orcs look illegal, like them use needles instead of good honest vials - we look forward to bashing them in Altdorf - in fact why not make it MD1 so they can feel the righteous wrath of revenge - AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGhhhh

They must die:powdodge:

12. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Oof, those scales got nasty on you; MD1 sounds good! :D But yes, I'm expecting we'll definitely have deaths to deal with up there, though we plan to deal some too.

jr's win over Smurf means I can win Reikland with a draw, which means I'll probably lose horribly...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  13. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY NINE

Whether my pessimism was prescient or self-fulfilling, this match had some very frustrating moments. But we were due some more misfortune, and we didn't suffer any lasting damage. So after all the banter between the eporcs and the druggorfs it's the quiet Nurglars who end up at the top of Reikland; a disappointing finish but the season has been too good overall to have any legitimate complaint. Now for Altdwarf...

14. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Let's review Season Five. With losses to Halflings and Ogres :rolleyes::eek: we finished just short of winning the Reikland division. But we finished first in scoring, first in passing, first in receiving, first in rushing, third in throwing, second in violence, tied for second in kills and first in experience (with 604 spp the eporcs are the most experienced team in the league). The boyz have come a long way since the beginning of the blog:
    [​IMG]
    (Counting the two MNGs our TV is at 2180)

So we're headed to Tier One with many strong players and plenty of money, but I expect it's going to be a rather rough time given the caliber of the competition. Still, it will be fun to be up there for a while. Onward!

15. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Aren't you glad you stuck with the team now :D

Good work, Landwaker, keep it up!

16. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks Borke, we'll almost certainly be trimmed down a ways when we meet the Croakers again, but in the meantime we'll make the most of it!

17. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Season Six
    RETURN OF THE FLUFF
    MATCH DAY ONE
    Agamemnorc watches as the druggorfs of Clan Foebreakers waddle onto the field formed up around their superstar Orerunner. "Remember our training, lads," he calls out as the eporcs assemble around him. "We engage on our terms, not theirs. They want us to come in and get blocked, so don't do it! Kill and Hec will take down targets of opportunity, but the rest of us will stick together and see this through." As long as we're as lucky as last time...

The "training" consisted of two restarts due to Smurf's unreliable Greenland connection, and it almost certainly saved this match for me as I played horribly in the original start and Smurf got three injuries including Kill and Norc (the second try saw me complete a perfect TTM which will probably never happen again). By the third try I felt well prepared and though we lost the toss, we got to kick as planned anyway. I stuck with my tight 3-3-5 defense and the Smurf tried to catch the high kick with a blocker. It didn't work but the ball was still safely screened. No damage on the LOS (Smurf's block dice let him down throughout) and just a push on the blitz. Orerunner ran the ball behind the druggorfs' line as they foul the troll stunned but get a blocker ejected.

"Spread out!" Aga shouts as Hectorc looks for his shot. The enemy is clustered on the scrimmage line as the eporcs set up their screen, but he grins as Orcjax II starts things off nicely by smashing Skullcracker's collar bone. Already used their apo, damn. There's Mullet, the blitzer with freakish strength but a cracked skull, who Coach said was a priority target. Hec sees an opening, shoves a lineorc in to assist, and charges in. Down ... and elbow! But no damage ... damn!

The Foebreakers were also avoiding much contact as Orerunner started the side-switch dance, and didn't do any damage. On our turn I blocked a path clear for Menel II to blitz Orerunner and used a reroll trying to get the pow; probably a waste but still worth a shot. This got Smurf to pull the ball back into his half, which seemed like bait to overcommit so I just held back and kept blocking around the LOS, always mindful to keep enough spread against a fireball. Ore switched sides but his protection got thin and we put a couple markers on him including Diorc and his DT, but his AG5 gets him away and he tries to go down the opposite flank into our half. We still had four free pieces to meet this advance and Norc dodged away to support Kill as safety. Ore switched sides again, leaving him just one square into my half on T6, so I shifted Kill and Norc over with Aga and Pat II in extended columns (I put a space between them so they both couldn't be easily marked, but this let Ore dodge through easier so was a mistake on balance). Smurf then surprised me for the first time...

"What's he doing?" Hec mutters as Orchilles sees Orerunner headed their way. The dodgy git gets through the loose screen and looks like he's running right at Hec ... he is! The cheeky stump stops right in front of the eporcs' chief killer, then turns to his left and tosses the ball over to a lone blocker who's waddled down the sideline! "What in the hoppin' Horcdes ..." Hec exclaims, but Kill is already on the move. "Just kill him, fool!"

I had to scramble a bit to deal with the pass to Iron Ore, who I had essentially dismissed as a non-factor. I certainly didn't expect Smurf to use Ore to mark Hec, who piled on with no damage, but Kill was then free and could reach the ball with a GFI. I first blocked Glorc free so he could mark the carrier, then blitzed and got the blocker down. I probably shouldn't have piled on with Kill to keep another TZ on the ball (or even try to pick it up), but I assumed that I was in the clear. I quickly realized that Mullet could still get into the EZ, which he did on a blitz, and then Ore got up and tried to dodge around to the ball which Glorc was marking, but fortunately even Ore has his limits. Glorc blitzed Mullet out of the bounds to no effect, but the troll BH a blocker on the line (and levels) as the half ends 0-0.

The druggorfs are down to nine and the kick lands right behind the eporcs' line. The opening blocks go okay and Aga sends Glorcus with Porcris IV to pin Mullet to the sideline. Should be simple, Aga finds himself thinking, then catches himself. Oh no ... he sees the ball right there on the pitch, he sees his sure hands reaching for it, he sees the ball start to scatter ... no no no! Aga looks up into Kill's face, and words are not necessary.

Yep, Smurf said in chat that it "should be an easy win," which immediately put me on edge. I had put Pat II on the right of the ball for safety so there still two TZs on it when Ore went to get it, but of course that wasn't a problem for him. Once again Ore laughed at danger and left himself standing next to many angry eporcs as he handed off to the blitzer next to him. At this point we had the numbers advantage and started marking up, and I decided it was time to go full bore for Ore.

"Kill him! Kill him!" Aga screams as Hec piles onto the accursed runner, but Orerunner again shakes off the elbow drop. "No, he must die!" Aga tries a clumsy throat stomp which stuns the surprised druggorf, but then the whistle blows.

For some reason I overlooked a blocker and thought I had three assists for the foul when I only had one. Still, almost any chance to get Ore is pretty much worth it, and I figured if Aga was whistled out it would keep him safe and still leave us up on numbers. So I'd probably do it again, though with more deliberation. After the ejection the ball-carrying blitzer retreated, but then the newbie slayer pinned Norc against the sideline with a frenzy blitz. I made one last try on Ore using my DP with 3 assists ... another stun (blasted thick skull!). Then I sent Kill over to help Norc with the slayer but Norc failed his jump up, and then Smurf surprised me for the second time...

Aenorcas grits his fangs and tries to get his feet under him. ZAP! He lifts his head to see Kill get struck by lightning and fall to the pitch with a grunt. Norc blinks and sees Charcoalgrin running forward with the ball, and the slayer in front of him tries to catch the handoff ... fumbles and tries again ... and drops the ball.

Handing off to the slayer probably would have seen a score it it had worked, the offensive lightning bolt hadn't occurred to me so kudos to Smurf for the effort. But when the ball dropped Pat II and Hec were free to assist Norc and Kill who were both prone next to the two Foebreakers marking the ball. I carefully planned out a blitz that could push both of them off, but forgot to account for a blocker's stand firm that disrupted the path. With another approach Hec got the slayer down and Norc jumped up to BH the blitzer, so the draw at least was looking secure. Then Orerunner dodged past Diorc's DT but fell over on a GFI, opening up the score. Norc secured the ball and the slayer failed a desperation blitz, so I advanced the ball as deep into Smurf's half as I could on the theory that even though Norc was exposed to a blitz it was better to widen the gap for the enemy to score. Mullet made his naked dodge to blitz, but only pushed, but Ore again got away from Diorc's DT to back him up. Diorc gave chase to tie them both down, Pat II marked up as well, and then Kill blitzed Norc free. I still had a reroll so I decided to avoid further Orerunner shenanigans and just try the two GFIs to score, which worked. I forgot to note earlier that Mullet broke Porc IV's neck blitzing off the sideline before the lightning bolt hit; Porcris really does seem to be an unlucky name, but as long as they keep soaking bad hits for the others, I'll keep hiring them.

Smurf now had two turns to equalize and we were looking pretty good. My favorite bug occurred and got me confused on setup, but then I got a blitz on kickoff to clean up my formation anyway. And it didn't matter as the kick went deep and the druggorfs couldn't get it forward in time. But they did send Ore and the slayer into range...

"You can't stop me, fool!" Kill shouts at Orerunner as he charges in, "'cause I'm Orchilles!" Down goes the face of the Foebreakers and Kill's elbow lands on the superstar's bruised skull and pinches a nerve in his neck. As Orerunner is carried off Kill stands up and grins at Hec. "That's how you do it, fool!"

A few uneventful LOS blocks and a flubbed pass, and it ended a 1-0 Orciad victory. Smurf outcoached me but it came down to the dice. I don't think we'll ever get as good a chance to collect Orerunner's bounty, but we did our best and got the MNG. The Foebreakers are now due a lot of better luck against the eporcs, so I hope we don't face them again anytime soon.

18. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    The good news is MD1 went about as well as it could have and we're going into our second match at full strength. The bad news is Sudo got a concession and will also be at full strength with a lean mean Necro machine along with inducements. I've found Orc versus Necro to be an interesting tactical affair and hope we get a good match with reasonably even dice and not too much kickoff event silliness. A lot to ask for I know...

19. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Sounds you really did all that anyone could ask of you, but that freaky really needs to die, ideal before MD 5.

20. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY TWO

Yeah, no reasonably even dice here. Sudo conceded on my T5 having inflicted 1 injury and 2 KOs to the eporcs' 4 injuries (one with Diorc's DT) and 1 KO. Concessions aren't much fun but I can't really criticize Sudo's decision to preserve his team at this point, given that I was going to be gunning for his other wolf and his armor and regen were abysmal. And some of the random experience landed on Aga and Dyss, so I can't grumble about that either. I defended too aggressively and left a center gap for the ghoul, and I also kept forgetting sidestep, but again the dice compensated.

The eporcs are starting off too fortunately and the balancing will likely be brutal, but I'll take the six points. Now for a rematch with the Suckers...