1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc [BC] ORCIAD: The Eporc Saga

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Landwaker, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    And so this up-and-down season comes down to the final decisive match day; mag, Sudo and joun have secured three of the four top spots, but with Rem sitting out the eporcs can stay in Altdwarf if they win or draw against the pie-rats. When I first saw the schedule I immediately wondered whether the ninth match against TS would be a big one...

After the sorry showing against the helves I felt the need to shake something up, and seeing Barristan take a troll-less team into OCC Div 1 inspired me to fire The Horcse III. I'm really tired of Really Stupid and really interested to see how a three-lineorc LOS will work, so we welcome Nestorc III and Porcris V to the roster. The horse isn't even in the book anyway. Couldn't bring myself to axe Lil Jax so we'll see how the gobbo does too.

Hard to piecture TS' punny crew leaving the top tier, but I'm just hoping for a fun and dramatic showdown regardless of result.

2. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Funny you should say that, I'm considering hiring one for T1. Mostly to try and preserve my precious Blorcs mind. But another ST5 piece would help against Scaron's Khemri (all TGs with Block/Guard/MB, what else), the pair of Nurglites and Chris' Orcs who mangled me MD9. That being said, my gut instinct is that I shouldn't change the way I've played the team so far.

Hope it works out for you, not having to worry about RS is definitely a perk.

3. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    A ST5 regen damage sponge is appealing and the troll did soak many first-turn hits in his time, but I found beyond that the dash teams usually got away from him and the bash teams usually knocked him around till he was either off the pitch or on his own, which meant I had to commit two pieces to attempt to make one of them (somewhat) tactically viable. TTM wasn't a factor as I had it score once over the last ~50 matches, and RS was wearying to work around. But there are plenty of troll users out there including your fellow promotee, so a better coach can surely make better use. Best of luck either way ser.

4. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks a lot, I'll do my best. I might induce a Troll for my first game with two missing Blorcs, we'll see about the rest of the games. After all I brought them this far without one, I probably don't need a rookie one to fuck me up now. I'm probably biased by Chris' rookie Troll rerolling a :skull::skull: to cas a Blorc and the spiral of injuries resulting :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you against the Skavens and next season also, it should take my Helves a while to reach the top.

5. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY NINE

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  6. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Agamemnorc watches as The Orciad celebrates staying in Altdwarf, wincing at Porcris' incessant drumming as he rubs his temple where a Pie-rats fan brained him with a rock. Doc comes waddling over with a concerned look but Aga waves the old apo away. Another fine season of healing, halfling, but I wonder how you'll handle it when one of us finally dies ... the thrower shakes his head and chides himself; Kavdaver and his monotonous moroseness are blessedly absent, so why can't he just be happy like the rest? The rock did nothing permanent, the team took no real damage on the pitch, several more of them are approaching superstardom, himself at the forefront ... but we don't belong here. Aga sighs and sips at his grog. Without the training rounds against the dwarfs, the concession by the necro, the admin win over the humans, the high elves leaving the league, and the gutter runners tripping up in the critical moments, they'd be headed back to Tier Two. So much freak fortune this season, and we barely made it ... and when the luck runs out? Laughter breaks out at something Aenorcas said and Aga does his best to grin along as though he heard it, his eyes moving to where their coach sits quietly staring into the blazing firepit. Landwaker, how long can your strange luck last? The human had his good moments in the matches but the silly slips and oversights persist, and somehow his fickle focus seems to have grown even worse; a few days ago Aga walked by his tent and heard him chortling about "crushing you rebel dukes" and "once I've forced primogeniture through, feudalized Pictland will rule all Britannia!" Yes, Aga doubts LW has much improvement left in him, so it will be up to the players...

The blitzers are smirking and humoring Brunt as he regales them with more renditions of the same old stories from his Orcland Raiders days, though all of them have now far surpassed the commentator's career. Brash Orchilles has calmed down somewhat and seems to be enjoying his flexible utility role, and everyone has made sure to stroke his ego for that crucial pass play against the Skaven. Gruff Hectorc is secure in his place as the dedicated blitzer and has been bashing with brutal efficiency. Amiable Aenorcas keeps the peace and does what's needed, and his ability to jump up has made him a clutch receiver. And quiet Orcdysseus puts his head down and does his job without regard for the limelight, though he too is on the edge of true glory. These four have been called a dream team and after 54 matches Aga can hardly imagine the team without any of them. But it will happen...

The black orcs sit across from them, the battered but resilient guardians that allow the blitzers to go for greatness. Big Diorcmedes has a dour demeanor, forced to suck his grog through a straw as his broken jaw is wrapped up tight, but Glorcus and Orcjax II seem jovial enough despite their persistent niggles. And Menelorcus II has now fully stepped out of the shameful shadow of his poor predecessor to earn the full respect of his comrades. They take so many hits and never stay down for long. But it will happen...

The lineorcs as usual are off to the side, and Patorclus II seems to enjoy his new position as seasoned scrimmage captain over the two new rookies. Porcris V and Nestorc III hang on his every word as if their survival depends on it, which it well may. Still strange to have no Horcse around ... Aga never cared much for the various trolls, but it was still a comfort to have those lumbering lumps on the line. Little Orcjax is still in the medical tent and the goblin's future in this changed roster is uncertain. But more roster changes are certain...

Lastly Aga glances at Prorcam, his former rival and backup, now a longtime yet little-used assistant coach who's lost whatever skills he once had. Prorc notices his gaze and gives him a curt nod; yes, even they can now be friendly if not friends. I think you might even be sorry when I'm gone, Prorc, because you surely won't be ready to step in. No, we just don't belong here...

"Those fools can't stop us," Kill bellows, lifting his grog overhead.,"'cause we're the eporcs!" The others roar with approval and crash their mugs together, and Aga takes a breath, nods, and joins in the cheers. Maybe we don't belong here, but we're here, so let's get to it...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    No way, the eporcs are exactly where they belong. You make sure you keep them there. We're coming back for a re-match.

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Keep them around, but not necessarily all of them. ;)

9. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    Agreed, the ones to keep around are in the following list;

1. Little orcjax

But seriously looking forward to a rematch. At least this time I have a can opener to bring.

10. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Season Seven
    HEIR TO THE FLUFF

Remarks as Prepared for Delivery by Coach Landwaker, The Seventh Season Speech
    10,000 views, thanks for reading. :)

11. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yes well said

12. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I want to be an orc on your team now and deliver lowblow after lowblow to the enemy:D

13. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY ONE

14. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY TWO

15. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY THREE

16. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FOUR

17. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    The season's been a sorry showing so far but I must make a record of the current ridiculous roster:

[​IMG]

That's six superstars and 773 spp worth of eporcness. I can't see it going much higher but I've said that several times...

18. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    What a ridiculous set of Blitzers. They are just pure gold, congrats. :)

19. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Thank you ser, now I just need to get a win with them. :eek: Good luck against the Claw!

20. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FIVE