1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc [BC] ORCIAD: The Eporc Saga

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Landwaker, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY THREE

Blood will follow blood
    And a reckoning was due
    But did not come, yet

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FOUR

Through rain and riot
    And even outfought by men
    The eporcs prevail

3. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Considerations & Revelations

Landwaker watches as his apothecary waddles into the tent, and the look on the halfling's face makes the coach sit back from his eldritch tome. "What's up, Doc? This isn't about Pat III, is it?"

Doc sighs and shakes his head. "No, I know you won't let me save rookies. I wanted to talk about Jax II."

"What, wasn't it just a broken leg?"

"LW, a fractured femur is no joke. He already has a smashed ankle, there's no sense in endangering his ability to stand."

"Eh, we've seen plenty of broken bones. It'll fuse back up, in fact I bet he'll be standing firmer than before. Plus having him miss a match means I don't have to pay him; our ridiculous roster is getting expensive."

"But --"

"Look Doc, we've been over this before. I'd give you more medical stuff if I could, but the league doesn't allow it and I can't afford extra apos every match. The crowd wants their blood, you know."

"Yes, but haven't you been taking some big risks with some of the ladz? Little Orcjax was in to see me. He thinks you're throwing him into danger like you want him to be hurt."

The coach rolls his eyes. "We can't win without risks, and I can't protect every player on the pitch. It's Blood Bowl, dammit. The little git has to pull his weight like everyone else. The fact is he's almost as expendable as the rookies, and he costs more. The general policy stands, subject to situational exceptions: to get the apo, you need to be a superstar."

Doc clenches his jaw, then lets it go. "Let's talk about a superstar then. I'm getting worried about Hec. This bloody campaign to become a legend is making him ... disturbing. He's always muttering about doing more damage, obsessively drilling to make his elbow drops more lethal. He's becoming unhinged, LW."

"Damage is his job. As long as he gets it done, he can become a frenzied maniac for all I care." He leans forward back toward his book. "Now, was there anything else? I've got a lot of reading to do."

The halfling hesitates, eyeing the tome. "May I ask what you're reading?"

LW blinks. "Oh, just some mythological intricacies, nothing to concern yourself with."

Doc chooses his words carefully. "Does it involve your next team, perhaps?"

The coach stares at him. "What if it did?"

"I've heard the rumor around camp, LW, and I've tried to stay focused and trust that you'd let me know about the future when I should. But I have to ask: is it true there will be no Orcdyssey?"

Landwaker sighs and leans back again. "It's true. The names just aren't as good and I can't see starting another team of orcs from scratch. How could they ever compare to these boyz?"

Doc nods slowly. "I understand. But I want to remind you, LW, that when I came to work for you I made it very clear that I don't want to apo for a light armor team. I just can't take the fragility, LW, it's too much."

The coach smiles. "Don't worry, Doc, I want to keep you on and I have no interest in light armor either. Medium armor at the least."

"So you don't know what team it'll be then?"

"Haven't decided yet. There's supposed to be a new flashy league starting up with some better features, but it'll be restricted to just eight races at first. Can't say I'd miss some of the others, but we'll have to see what happens with Big Crunch before we know anything for sure."

The halfling nods and visibly relaxes. "Okay LW, thanks for the info."

"No problem Doc, take it easy." The coach returns to his reading.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Having another good season LW, the Orciad will be BC legends when they finally end their run.

5. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FIVE

Still the climb goes on
    Eporcs eager to return
    To deadly Altchorf

6. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY SIX

Green collides with green
    And the eporc climb pauses
    From here? We shall see

7. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY SEVEN

Promotion presumed?
    No, the unnamed god of chance
    Laughs at such folly

8. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Dear Nuffle, please get promoted! I do NOT want to end up stuck here in Reikland for another season watching you break my team again!

Edit: Can it be that the one team that has beaten you this season is the one team that Wyrmwood beat?

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nah, it was the Orciad's second loss this season, but you'll get a chance against the other team them orcs lost against in your matchday 9 :D

10. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Don't worry, if I manage to blow promotion I'll likely sit out a season. Doing well at work has resulted in more work and I'm a bit burned out on BB anyway. I didn't want to set the eporcs aside in their prime, but it's waste to play them when I'm not having much fun, especially since BC seems to have several seasons left.

So we'll see. FWIW, my grand plan to go killer chaos for BB2 has faded, as it turns out I don't much enjoy wrecking teams.

11. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    But if they DO get promoted, it's a shot to win the whole BC!

It's not like they're some UWD team who will have peaked on entry into Altdwarf.

Edit: Oh, wait. IF you manage to blow promotion.

My BB2 plans include Nurgle, but if we make the switch before they're invited to the game... I don't know. Skaven or Orcs, I think.

12. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY EIGHT

A return to form
    And the climb up continues
    Ah, pessimism

13. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY NINE

Victory achieved
    Eporcs return to the top
    To find what fate waits

14. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Season Nine

THE FLUFF COMMAND

Agamemnorc watches as Landwaker walks out to stand before the team, the flames of the crackling fire pit casting flickering light over the eporcs' encampment. Landwaker takes a moment to survey the squad, letting his silence draw them in, and Aga joins him in taking the measure of The Orciad.

The black orcs are up front as always, great Diorcmedes in the center with Orcjax II and Menelorcus II on either side. The newest blorc Glorcus II sits behind them, not yet having earned the full respect of his grizzled comrades, but he has been performing solidly on the line. The four superstar blitzers are assembled to the coach's right: quiet Orcdysseus and young Polydormcas (the agile lineorc has been deemed an honorary blitzer) listen to friendly Aenorcas, whilst frowning Orchilles keeps an eye on muttering Hectorc. Where once was prideful envy there is now uneasy concern on the face of Number One, and Aga shares the feeling; ever since that bloody match against Wyrmwood, Hec seems savagely single-minded about doing damage, and Aga is beginning to wonder whether the eporcs' killer can keep his killing on the pitch.

The rest of the team is to Landwaker's left, with the rookie lineorcs Patorclus IV and Nestorc IV taking their cues from the veteran Porcris V, who's become quite the fouler. Off on his own is Little Orcjax, looking disgruntled as always; ever since the coach cut the troll from the roster, the goblin's place has been uncertain at best, but he's a damn tough little git and has taken as many hits as any of them.

"Orcs," the coach intones, and all eyes go to him. "Orcs, we have returned to the premier division, domain of mighty Magfa. I will make this brief, for we all know what we must do. Our opposition is formidable: the Suckers, the Numbers, the Axes, the Mafia, the Pie-rats, the Nurglars, the Sanctuary, the Ziggurats, and finally the Bulls. That's five fellow founding teams, boyz, plus three more who are not new to the top tier, including the reining four-time champions." Landwaker pauses to let that sink in, then raises a clenched fist. "Our opposition is formidable, yes, but we have never been stronger! Let none forget how menacing we are, we are lions! We've returned to the gateway of greater glory, and we're not going anywhere but forward! Do you know what's waiting beyond that gate, ladz? Immortality! Take it! It's yours! "

As the eporcs cheer and bellow around him, Aga takes a slow breath and nods. Yes, this is where we belong.

Team Roster after 72 games:
    [​IMG]

15. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY ONE

16. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    With 71 casualties and 9 kills, Hectorc is now Legend:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    See, this is what we have to deal with when the league has insufficient claw... :p

Grats Land, Hectorc is one scarey green monster!

18. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY TWO

19. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY THREE

20. Landwaker

Landwaker Member