1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc [BC] ORCIAD: The Eporc Saga

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Landwaker, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FOUR

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FIVE

3. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY SIX

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Putting together another great run...

5. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    So far so good, but still tight at the top. We got our seventh superstar though, as Jax II lumbered into the Hall of Fame in his 76th match. In celebration of that, and of the team belatedly completing a full ten seasons of matches, let's do some player progression analysis (not done since March 2014!).

#1) Orchilles ("Kill"), Level 7 Blitzer (184 spp) with +AG, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Guard, Piling On, Stand Firm, and -MA. The face of the team has reached Legend and with the death of Hectorc has become the eporcs' go-to blitzer, but of course his stats and skills make him a flexible utility piece as well.

#2) Orcdysseus ("Dyss"), Level 6 Blitzer (142 spp) with +AG, Tackle, Guard, Mighty Blow, and Stand Firm. Dyss lags behind his fellows as usual but is on track to attain his own Legend. Barring another stat boost, he'll probably get Frenzy, maybe Diving Tackle on doubles.

#3) Hectorc II ("Hec II"), Level 1 Blitzer (5 spp). While leveling the newbie would seem a priority, the Orciad's several superstars aren't too keen to give up the ball, and it's nice to have an expendable piece for the LOS and screening. Assuming he gets the chance he'll go down the MB Guard path and take what else is available and needed at the time.

#4) Aenorcas ("Norc"), Level 6 Blitzer (149 spp) with +AG, Tackle and Guard, Jump Up, and Mighty Blow. Norc has been our most prolific scorer, but if he reaches Legend he'll almost certainly take Piling On and start doing elbow drops in honor of his fallen Trorcjan comrade.

#5) Orcjax II ("Jax II"), Level 6 Black Orc (76 spp) with Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Grab, and -MA. Jax II has been hobbled a long time but he's endured and done decently. I'll be interested to see how Grab goes. Being a blorc it's a bit silly to look another 100spp ahead.

#6) Menelorcus II ("Menel II"), Level 5 Black Orc (59 spp) with Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, and -AG.. Solid performer slowly making his wall towards the Hall. Grab on normal, Diving Tackle on doubles.

#7) Diorcmedes ("Diorc"), Level 6 Black Orc (104 spp) with Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Diving Tackle, and Stand Firm. Our boss blorc is formidable and his DT has been great (thanks Street). If any blorc can reach Legend it's Diorc, so out of respect I'll say Grab on normal, Side Step or Dodge on doubles.

#8) Glorcus III ("Glorc III"), Level 2 Black Orc (6 spp) with Block. The young blorc is still on LOS duty for now, but if he can he'll get Guard MB and go from there.

#9) Agamemnorc ("Aga"), Level 6 Thrower (162 spp) with Block, Dodge, Kick-Off Return, Accurate, and Leader. Aga's a solid carrier and he's rushing for his Legend; Fend or Nerves of Steel if he gets it (likely the latter as he's always been a passer at heart).

#11) Patorclus V ("Pat V"), Level 1 Lineorc (5 spp). Pure line fodder, Block or maybe Wrestle if he levels.

#12) Porcris V ("Porc V"), Level 3 Lineorc (28 spp) with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git. A great fouler who I'm trying to use more, 3 spp from Wrestle.

#14) Polydorcmas ("Dorc"), Level 4 Lineorc (45 spp) with +AG, Block, and Tackle. The "backup blitzer" is close to stardom but I'm in no hurry to level him again because there aren't any compelling General skills left. Probably Sure Hands on normal, Mighty Blow on doubles.

#15) Little Orcjax ("Lil Jax"), Level 3 Goblin (19 spp) with Catch and Sure Feet. Ah Lil Jax, the gobbo who won't die. Since I've sworn off Trolls (again) and have never really found a good place for him in the formation, I should cut him and get a fresh lineorc, but he's been around for more than 80 matches and I can't bring myself to do it. So he'll stick around till someone finally gets rid of him, unless he starts gobbling MVPs.

So there we are, input welcome of course. Still quite a squad; the eporcs march on.

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It's a long-term prospect, but Diorc should probably get Tackle next so you don't always need to team him up with one.

7. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Fair enough, the eporcs have long been disciples of Tackle; that sound when Dodge is denied is always satisfying.

8. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY SEVEN

9. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY EIGHT

10. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    What a strange season; we began with two losses and the death of our most experienced player, and now we lead the division and only need a draw to secure first place. Two of our wins were admin'ed and another was subbed (thanks again TS). So I literally can only claim half the credit, but the eporcs are certain to return to the top tier. This calls for a bit of fluff, and I have something in mind...

An Overdue Do-Over

Landwaker watches as Lil' Jax strolls into his tent with his customary smirk. "'Ey Coach, this 'bout da MVP?" The little git spreads his hands. "Look, I know ya don't want me takin' 'em, but 'ey, it wuz an admin match, I didn't do nuttin' ta get it. Gimme a break."

The coach eyes the goblin without warmth. "I've given you a lot of breaks, and you've never done anything to deserve any of your MVPs. I should have cut you a long time ago, but I kept you on because I figured you'd get maimed or killed soon enough. You're a tough one, I'll give you that. But we're headed back to the championship division and I can't afford any sentimental slack in our squad."

Lil' Jax squints. "Wait, you're cuttin' me? You said --"

"I know I said I couldn't bring myself to do it because you've been around so long, and I got used to saying that and thinking that, but when I really took a moment to consider it ... yeah, I'm doing it."

"Now wait justa--"

"Look, I'm doing you a favor. You stay on the roster, I'm just going to keep throwing you into the meat grinder until you're gone. Go find another team that can use you, or find another job, or do damn well whatever, but you're done here, period."

The goblin sneers angrily. "Maybe yer fergettin' what I done fer ya off da pitch..."

Landwaker blinks. "Such as?"

"... da elf? Da alley? Da rat costume?!"

A heavy sigh. "That reveal was supposed to happen a long time ago. I mean, Kit isn't even around anymore, the drama is fizzled."

Lil' Jax frowns. "Huh?"

"Never mind. We're done here, get out."

The goblin spits and leans closer with a menacing glare. "Ya know, dere might be some folks who'd be more int'rested in my alley story den you..."

The coach considers. "Hmm... unlikely, but fair enough." He turns to Master of Puppets. "Shut him up for good."

As the wight drags the shrieking goblin away, Landwaker leans back and folds his hands behind his head. "Ah, Altdwarf, we meet again..."

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Smakapotomus and LloydsGamble like this.
  11. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Looking good, I'll be cheering for you next season LW

Landwaker likes this.
  12. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY NINE

13. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Season Twelve

VISION OF THE FLUFF

Agamemnorc watches as Landwaker looks over the team in the firelight. Finally the coach speaks: "Orcs, we've been here before and I've said it all before. We face the Stoppers, the Cats, the Sanctuary, some necros, some woodies, some zons, the Suckers, the Nurglars, and the Five-O. A lot of thinner armor, but a lot of agility and inducements as well. As for the Nurglars ... well, let's hope they've been weakened by week eight. You know what needs doing, lads. Those of you seeking to become legends, do your utmost, because if we're relegated we're taking another break, perhaps for good this time. Make this time count. Merit the mantle. Let's get to it."

Team Roster after 93 games:
    [​IMG]

14. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    You... have a really sick team. Four AG4 pieces open up so many options Orcs normally don't have! Grats, that's a squad I'd love to coach.

15. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Thank you ser, I may well ask you to sub for me someday.

16. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY ONE

17. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY TWO

18. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY THREE

BBM has been down a while now, so we'll have to go without images.

19. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FOUR

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  20. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    MATCH DAY FIVE