Orc [BC] ORCIAD: The Eporc Saga

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY SIX
In a match which makes me glad BBM is down so I can whinge about dice without finding out what really happened the Revolutions hold on to tie 1 1 with the epic orcs. Ending turn 7 with 4 players but still managing to run a defensive TD in should have left me in good stead to win the match. But I ran out of players and the Elfy Orcs Elfed the ball in late in the 2nd half when I had the 'luxury' of still having 5 players. A dead Blitzer and my wonder player now AG 2 rounded off a truly Orcy match.
GGWP cj, and sorry about Brutus. Third match in a row with a blitz event against us, but this one wasn't bad; it was failing another rerolled GFI at another key moment that was bad. The draw keeps us in contention, but right now I think the eporcs will be resting regardless of result.

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
As of today Blood Bowl Manager is officially dead :(, so I'll be removing all the broken image links in the blog and returning to the manual roster:

#1) Orchilles ("Kill"), Level 7 Blitzer (209 spp) with +AG, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Guard, Piling On, Stand Firm, and -MA.

#2) Orcdysseus ("Dyss"), Level 6 Blitzer (156 spp) with +AG, Tackle, Guard, Mighty Blow, and Stand Firm.

#3) Hectorc II ("Hec II"), Level 3 Blitzer (18 spp) with Mighty Blow and Jump Up.

#4) Aenorcas ("Norc"), Level 6 Blitzer (166 spp) with +AG, Tackle, Guard, Jump Up, and Mighty Blow.

#5) Orcjax II ("Jax II"), Level 6 Black Orc (83 spp) with Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Grab, and -MA.

#6) Menelorcus II ("Menel II"), Level 6 Black Orc (82 spp) with Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Grab, and -AG.

#7) Diorcmedes ("Diorc"), Level 6 Black Orc (117 spp) with Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Diving Tackle, Stand Firm, and -AG.

#8) Glorcus III ("Glorc III"), Level 2 Black Orc (11 spp) with Block.

#9) Agamemnorc ("Aga"), Level 7 Thrower (177 spp) with Block, Dodge, Kick-Off Return, Accurate, Leader, and Nerves of Steel.

#11) Patorclus V ("Pat V"), Level 1 Lineorc (5 spp).

#12) Porcris V ("Porc V"), Level 4 Lineorc (36 spp) with Dirty Player, Sneaky Git, Wrestle, and niggle.

#13) Nestorc IV ("Nest IV"), Level 1 Lineorc (2 spp).

#14) Polydorcmas ("Dorc"), Level 5 Lineorc (54 spp) with +AG, Block, Tackle, and Strip Ball.

#15) Antenorc, Level 1 Lineorc hired and fired as needed.

14 Players with 9 Fan Factor, 3 Re-Rolls, and 1 Apothecary for a Team Value of 2350 with a Treasury of 1,050,000.

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY SEVEN
It was time for another wizelfing and the Orciad lose 2-1 to the Suckers (with only one cas against AV7, for shame eporcs, for shame). Eh, faltering at the finish feels familiar. GG joun, I'm rooting for you to get your due (interpret as you will ;)).
PD and deep kick enabled wussies to put some pressure on Orciads from the start. The wizzy in pocket was used on T6 and that was enough for a defensive TD for Suckers. In the 2nd half Suckers feinted and then Tsar Bomba scored her 2nd of the match. Token resistance to prevent quick score was enough for Suckers and they concentrated on fouling in the end and conceded T16 score. 2-1 in the end for Suckers.

The real key here was Suckers being able to stay on the pitch long enough. GG, LW. We'll meet again (unfortunately :p).

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY NINE
Orciad 1-1 Baltimore and the eporcs get their fourth legend in what may be their last match. GG Mikko, have a good break.
Shitty end to a shitty season...lost yet another level 6 blitzer to death and my level 5 witch elf took the mvp to reach level 6 and ofcourse she got a niggle to go along with her mv bust...so Baltimores finest are hereby retired and i´m taking a break from bb1 and from bb2 just as soon as its clear that i´m out of the race.

Thanks for the game LW.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
It would be quite the turn of events if the Orciad turned their backs on Big Crunch. They are the most formidable team we've had in these parts, yet. What are your plans then going forward?

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Another disappointing season in Altdwarf, but the eporcs added two more Legends to their roster:

(The latter portrait isn't quite right but I ran out of patience). After 102 matches the team is as strong as ever but I find myself tired of Blood Bowl these days; after three years it's time for a good long break, and maybe when I return Blood Bowl 2 will inspire me more than it has thus far. If Big Crunch is still going I'll probably have to bring the eporcs back for an encore, but who knows, this might be all for them. It's been a fun run and though this blog has faded from its glory days when I spent hours on posts and eagerly awaited reactions, it's brought me a lot of enjoyment (often more than actually playing) and kept me going longer than I would have without it. And now for a suitable sendoff...

THE EPORCS SET SAIL

There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail:
There gloom the dark, broad seas. My Orciad,
Souls that have toil'd, and wrought, and fought with me—
That ever with savage smiles took
The thunder and the sunshine.

The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks:
The long day wanes: the slow moon climbs: the deep
Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,
'T is not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars.

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the next world
And see the great Hectorc, whom we knew.
Tho' much is taken, much abides;
And that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Tested by time and fate, still strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

THE END
?

Thanks for reading.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
The Orciad have certainly always been more than the sum of their exploits on the pitch. They are legends (not just the 4 of them), and they produce legendary tales. I am looking forward to more - whenever that might be!

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
My wussie heart is filled with sadness. The age old rival of Suckers (since their opening season, season 2) is sailing on to more prosperous lands. Thanks for all the matches (I think there were 5) and this blog of yours. Hopefully we'll see you again, rather sooner than later.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I have never played the Orciad, and to be honest I don't think I would ever want to-especially with my Skaven, but it is sad to see such a legendary team move on.

Hope to see you back sometime.