1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC10 MD7 results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Show Stoppers! Managed to outduel Wyrmwood 2-1 thanks to a 1ttd on turn 8, then we held on to stop the t16 equalizer despite only having 6 players left on the pitch. Well played Werebat.

2. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    1-1, Baltimore Five-O vs. Pixel Mafia...game of WTF just happened for the both of us. :)

3. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Nordland

(Ging) Pixel Mafia 1 - 1 Baltimore Five-0 (Mikko)

The dark elves chose to receive, and their Assassin multi-stabbed two linos for a stun & a KO straight away.
    We then lost 2 more to KO and the elves were in control. However around T4 a failed catch bounced to an exposed elf who we took down on the next turn, but our lack of numbers meant we couldn't hang on to it the next turn. Elves run in the score on T5. 0-1.

We have 4 turns to find an equalizer, and manage it thanks to the elves not being able to take down my catcher on T8, despite rolling 4 block dice at him. We're able to clear some TZs away (killing the AG6 elf in the process, the Apo saves him to BH) and the catcher makes his 3+ dodge to score. 1-1.

2nd half starts well for us, and after about 4 turns we've removed 3 elves (niggled a lvl2 witch along the way :( ), but that's then wasted when I make a misclick and nuffle punishes me for it.
    Snake was meant to blitz onto the ball, pushing the marking witch away, pickup and run to safety, but he didn't blitz so he had to dodge away from the witch after grabbing the ball... and rolled double 1s. :mad:
    The next turn I think Mikko's going to take off and grab the winner, but a 1d block results in :skull: RR :skull: and we're both left with no-one in range to score on T16.

I try to organise a chain push to get a lino within range on the final turn, but the ogre boneheads and fails loner on the final block, the dozy lump. Finishes 1-1.

Thanks for the game Mikko.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  4. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Damned pushy-pushy one turn TD... Grrrmbl... Of course I'm only upset because a failed gobbo toss made me miss out on an equally BS TD of my own, as the gobbo in question got away from a hungry Gorbo (who had tried to "toss" him down his gullet) and managed to bravely sprint and dodge his way up to the loose ball, pick it up, and dodge away. A few more extra squares from being thrown and it would have been a classic. As it was, he just got pummeled on the following turn and knocked unconscious.

Is there an effective way to prevent those one turners gained by pushing people around? Spacing the three guys on the LOS far apart or some such? I'd imagine that Gorbo having Stand Firm should be useful in preventing it somehow. It's happened to me maybe three times, but every time it cost me a game and every time I get the joy of hearing from my opponent about how "this NEVER works for me!" What am I missing? I know this past game my head just wasn't in it in the sense that I forgot we had one more turn in the half (I had set up for a full drive instead of pulling all of my guys back to my end zone).

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah spreading your LOS maximum distance makes it harder. Also lining up your other 11 players on the back line one square apart makes the dodges quite tricky.

There are other setups you can use as well to make pushing even harder. Like covering the diagonal push direction. But I like lining up along the back usually because it serves the dual purpose of protecting your players from a blitz. Anyway spreading the LOS is very effective since it usually means they need an extra push which is the equivalent of 5+ on 2d.

6. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    8657-5309 ran into their old friends the polluters (Greenpeace Sucks) and won 5-1.

This was about as much of a nuffling as the score indicates. Every time jounisii set up for an important sequence, he got a 1 at the most inopportune time. Since derailing his ballhandling plays wasn't enough, Nuffle decided to gift me an opportunity to score a 3rd TD at the end of the first half via a Riot on the kickoff, and then on turn 16/15 a Pitch Invasion knocked down 6 of 9 woodies who were still on the field... and that's WITH +1 fame for Greenpeace. All in all, epic garbage. At least no one died... well, I lie - one of the 4 loners featured today did buy a farm, but that doesn't count. So no one died :) .

GG jounisii.

7. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Orciad 3-0 Wrath; the eporcs return early to sub for skull and are greeted with a game where very little worked for Jair. GG sir, hope your bad streak snaps soon.

8. Lord Jair

Lord Jair Member

Country Flag:
    Well played old chap. I always dread playing that lot. Hopefully I'll get to take out all this frustration. If not for my Skaven team in GOBBLN I might well have packed up BB for a rest. I've not won a Khorne game in any of the 3 leagues in about 15 matches now, and the number of deaths inflicted on me is about 1 per 3 injuries overall. It's getting a bit old.

Best of luck with the rest of the matches and welcome back!

9. CareemSoda

CareemSoda Member

Cyanide Username:
    CareemSoda
    Country Flag:
    2-2 for the Ordinary Men vs Probability of Success, nuffle definitely didn't want anyone blocking today.

10. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    PoS first stunty win of the season, more commonly refered to as a "Draw".

2-2 vs League of Ordanary Men. A game with much nuffling each way at times, but I was certain he was out to get me. Up until a :skull::pushback::pushback: from the tackle blitzer rerolled into :skull::pushback::pushback: which let Lowest roller make a simple 2+ dodge to score the equaliser on turn 15. The elves set up to 1 turn, but failed the agi 5 dodge into 4 tackle zones.

We then tried to make a TTM play to get the ball and score on turn 16, but our pre TTM blocks used up my reroll, and then the second block needed to get a good TTM position for throwing rolled :skull::skull:

Thanks for the game Careem, was a fun match. Hopefully the single point helps me get promoted, though I would have felt much safer if I could have taken the 3 points. ;)

[​IMG]

11. Keraunograf

Keraunograf Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Keraunograf
    Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    Bloody Omens 1-1 against Beer Wars, continuing their grand tradition of not winning or losing anything so far this season(Except for 1 concede because bah bugs). Really poor positioning on my part and super meh dice resulted in Cram scoring in my half, and then nuffle deciding to grace me a couple of times in a row, allowing me to score in Cram's half.... Which actually is what happened in my last game too.

12. Ikoma

Ikoma Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ikoma
    Country Flag:
    The elves played like monsters today. Hurting rats left and right. And when there are few foes on the pitch, the elves can do what they want... pass and score.
    [​IMG]
    We ended up hiring one of the loners who earned 7 SPPs in the game (including the MVP).

13. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I guess I can put this in the right thread at least:

Elfs 3 Rats 1

Played with about 6 guys most of the game. I'm about done with this nonsense.

14. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    In this case, I was using my Leap catcher for the 1ttd, so a line across the back would have only done so much (as he could leap over it on his way to the end zone, cutting out dodges in TZs). That being said, spreading your players out I don't think helps a ton. With 8mv, I needed 3 pushes to get him in range. As you said already, you set up thinking there was more time, meaning after the pushes he was already clear of TZs. Stand Firm would have helped, but so would have putting both your ST4 blitzers on the line with the Troll. That would make it a nightmare for me to get enough assists for the pushes I needed. I think the biggest weakness your team has is its total lack of Guard. Being able to cancel assists with 1 marker made it a lot easier for me with all the cage diving I had to do.

15. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
  16. willpower68

willpower68 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Seems my bad rolls games is back.. yes can bash some but nothing else, game 1-1 lost last roll on gfi for the win... but but...

ty for the game Nie :)

17. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Lizard Sanctuary pull of a 1-1 draw against (.) BC (.) in Reikland, with some of the most ridiculous dice on both sides that I've seen in a very long time. Sanctuary had lost a krox and 3 saurus (including 2 injuries) by turn 4, but almost managed to hold off the green tide. When it came to scoring a 1TTD everything went fine until the block dice to clear the way came up double :bothdown: - I saved the re-roll on the grounds I might need it for the catch and the skink had dodge, only for the skink to double fail the first dodge.

Second half started brilliantly until the sure-footed skink failed a GFI trying to run deep before his cover was in place, but a double :skull: for the orcs allowed their carrier to be surfed. The ball went from the back corner of their field to the opposite sidelines on the scrimmage, where a skink grabbed it and survived just long enough to run it in. A riot push the clock back to turn 11 for the orcs, but even then the 8 remaining lizards (5 saurus, 3 skinks) managed to hold them back just long enough, thanks to a failed GFI flattening the carrier just as he ran over the line.

Thanks to the early casualties Sanctuary were horrible out-bashed, but to make up for it Nuffle decided that every single desperation saurus dodge would work - all 5 of them (there was a lot of desperation). Good times.

GG Willpower, that was a lot of fun :D

18. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    He Did the Monster MASH 2-0 Southwest Voodoo

[​IMG]

19. Smakapotomus

Smakapotomus Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Smakapotomus