1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC10 MD8 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Sep 21, 2015.

1. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    AltDwarf
    [​IMG]
    Reikland
    [​IMG]
    Nordland
    [​IMG]
    Ostland
    [​IMG]
    Averland
    [​IMG]

2. Smakapotomus

Smakapotomus Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Smakapotomus
    Country Flag:
    Averland div. Bite Me - Vamps 3 - 0 Borderin Orcs

Even with 600k inducements, bringing Chef, 2x Bribes, & Merc Blitzer w. DP couldn't stop Netsmurf from shaming the Orcs this week. The chef was a puss, only pulling 1-reroll in 1st half & 2-rerolls in the second. When the Hypno Gaze started to pay dividends the Vamps rolled to a win.

Ggame Sir, good luck with the team

3. Zinc

Zinc Member

Cyanide Username:
    Zinco
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    Adeptus Medicus 2 : 1 HogWarps

This game was certainly something. Lots of blood, lots of dodging, and most of all lots of blitzes. 3 to be precise. The HogWarps elected to take a Wizard, a bribe and an extra apoth.
    The first half was dominated by the humans. Despite a blitz against them on the opening kick, they managed to get the ball down the pitch and hold off until turn 7 until the need to score was there. Thanks to a blitz, the UW team were unable to score the 2 turn TD.

Second half, another kick, another blitz. This one allowed the humans to mark all the back field players of the HogWarps and get a contain on the ball. This lead to a grand melee in which the ball was eventually knocked loose, but even then it fumbled its way from the red zone to the half way line, where a human blitzer failed the pick up. A goblin managed to get his hands on it, but in his own excitement managed to trip over his own feet. The ball was then recovered and sent up the pitch, where the 2nd TD for the humans was scored. The reply from Silfuin was a successful 2 turn touch down. The humans tried the 1 turn TD on the final turn, but failed to hand the ball to the designated carrier.

4. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Adeptus Medicus 2 - 1 Hogwarps

[​IMG]

First turn, humans went down in numbers early.
    The rats managed to multiple mark the cage and eventually the ball was spilled.
    There were 7 humans on the pitch at the time and I was planning a triple surf, but then I just failed everything for a couple of turns and the humans got the ball and scored.

Everybody woke up and back I was against 11 players.

Perfect example of how a wonderful situation can go fugazi in a couple of turns with some failed rolls.
    BB is unpredictable, and nuffle is a bitch.

Second half the humans managed to press me in my half and the Nth failed dodge left a desperate cage attempt open.
    Humans amassed on my players and all I could do was to threaten constant fouling to force an early score which left me 2 turns to score.

This time everything worked and I scored.

Nice game, full of action.
    I had my chance to establish a very good position, i guess that Zinc was cursing by then, so i'm fairly happy about the result.
    After all, this season was for developement, end result is unimportant.

5. Lord Jair

Lord Jair Member

Country Flag:
    Lord Jair vs Akirilus was a little one sided dicewise, and Ak's desperate need to get the win to keep his title winning chances alive cost him in the end as the knockdown of my ball carrier simply wouldn't come. 2-1 to Lord Jair. No real injuries either side and the Bloodthirster has finally lvled again... uploaded.

6. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Lord Jair's khorne pull out a 2-1 win at the buzzer. Lord Jair played well, and I won't dissect what happened - instead, it has reaffirmed my feelings that it's time for a break. While BB has natural ups and downs, I simply feel like my upcoming games are a chore rather than a fun way to spend a couple hours... And I have enough aggravations at work to not want to do that in my (not) copious down time. I will finish out my league commitments where the season is ongoing, but after that I shall be taking a leave of absence. The one thing I will definitely miss is the community, although I haven't had a chance to be as active on the forums recently as I've been in the past. I am sure I'll lurk the forums and holler every once in a while.

GG Jair - well played game!

Smakapotomus likes this.
  7. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    PoS keep the stunty wins going with a 1-1 draw vs Blitz Woodies.

Things got off to a very good start with 5 KOs and a badly hurt in our favour making the score during our drive easy.

Sadly, the turn 8 of the first half had 4 of the 5 KOs come back thanks to the 1 babe they got. Then the other came back for the second half meaning only a 1 player advantage.

The woodies swarmed ourside of the field, I covered what I could and then went to blitz the only unmarked wardancer with my chainsaw who rolled 1, rerolled into 1 and stunned himself. The woodies then passed to said wardancer and equalised.

A very back and forth remainder of the second half of me desperately trying to keep the ball saw me eventually get to only needed 1 GFI to score with no rerolls left. Obviously this failed. The woodies then also almost scored turn 16 after this but fumbled the pass to make it happen.

I then finally attempted a TTM with no reroll but the troll failed the throw.

GG and thanks for the game Antonis, bit frustrated at how close I came but that is bloodbowl, and with average luck you should have easily scored before that near chance or atleast been able to blitz him down so it balances out.

I think I get promotion if I win my final match of the season, but if I draw, or worse lose. Then there is little to no hope of promotion :(

[​IMG]

8. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

An unnecessarily close game; my inability to throw a pass without throwing a pick or knock down an elf let Careem run roughshod on me, and he's good enough to not let me back in. It was only an uncharacteristic slip that let me score the equalizer. He then came ridiculously close to getting a tricky 1-turn to win anyway, but forgot to block a chain-push that required three chains, which a lesser player probably would have seen. Excellent play by Careem.

9. Lord Jair

Lord Jair Member

Country Flag:
    According to Sudo_Nym's results he played himself! I call foul! lol

10. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Lizard Sanctuary beat Beer Wars 3-0 in Reikland though in fairness it was only the lizards that were interested in the ball: the Norse were far more concerned with upping their fouling stats for the season.

11. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    Whats got fairness to do with Blood Bowl?
    :D

No, serious. You got the better team by far with just one weakness... just 11 players. So the plan was to play high risk, get Claw blocks and lots of fouls to get some of your players out since i had a bench to get in.
    Scoring should be possible after getting some od your players out... but after the Block Yhetee did his 2d attacker down Turnover and your skinks got the ball again to go for the 2:0, the game was lost already.
    What else to do in a sure loss than trying to get some SPP and have some fun while at it?
    I got no better idea than to do what i did...
    ;)

12. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Wasn't a bad plan at all (doubly so with a MNG saurus and two niggles), it just felt that for long stretches of the match I was playing a game only distantly related to the one you were playing ;)

13. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    CATS 1 - 4 Suckers

On T6 the the wizard got the ball free and the CATS were totally outelfed after that.

Well played joun

14. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Outnuffled more like.

Suckers took many MB hits early on like real men (rather surprising). After that 2-1 grind proved to be fatal against wizzy and AG5 pieces. 2nd half was Nuffle against Cats - Nuffle won 3-1.

GG Cloud. And sorry.

15. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    2-0 win as TMAS shut out Wyrmwood. Props to Ramtut who bust open a sideline cage like a keg at a Frat party. that decided the match.

Thanks for the match Werebat.

16. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Frustrating match where I couldn't seem to get anything right when it mattered. ALMOST prevented Coachman's first TD with a brave goblin blitz into his cage that knocked his BC down(!), then retrieved the ball and ran to the corner of the pitch so it would be thrown back in if he was pushed off. He was, and the throw went to more or less right where the Khemri wanted it to be.

"Highlight" of the match was my level 3 Linerat breaking his neck on a failed dodge, with the Apothecary offering to kill him instead. He didn't have anything special but was my only tackler and I find that it takes FOREVER to level up UW linerats. For a bonus kick in the teeth, he walked away with the MVP.

Spent the last three turns trying to get a goblin who had volunteered for a OTT troll toss to successfully make a hand-off. He failed to take the ball twice, then took it (along with my last reroll) and was thrown by Gorbo to right where he needed to be to make a TD -- and failed to stick the landing.

Bah. One of THOSE matches.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  17. Hudd

Hudd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The Ravens beat the undead 3-0 in Averland in a rather one sided dicing... Worst regen and KO rolls ever!

18. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yes, exactly what he said.
    I had lost 5 players in first 3 turns, including the Star Mummy, who was KOed and never came back to the field again. All the regen rolls I made in both games today failed. Luckily no one died, but losing an armor value on a Mummy hurts. Yeah.
    But, Cheery Reapers will come around, they are Undead after all!

GG, Hudd!

19. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Tys owes me a pint after Aggravated Nurglary MNG the Orciads Troll and 2 BOBs plus retire the level 1 BOB. The Block BOB got a -ST mid first half and Landwakers decision not to send the apo to help proved correct in the second half when the apo was called in to prevent Phactho Fatal from recruiting a level 4 BOB.

Oh and the score was 2-1 to the Nurglars as well.

First half first drive saw War-Ash (aka killigor) catch the ball then the Nurglars got too commited to bashing through the Orciad SF line and leave the ballcarrier exposed round the back. The Orciads Elf impersonators took him down and escaped with the ball to score .

My second drive went better but still required a T8 where Elfigor ran into the endzone (2 GFI), Killigor picked up and threw a short pass to him for the equaliser.

Second half the rain started to come down and some early issues allowed the Nurglary Pestigors to flood the backfield splitting the Orciad team in 2. The Orciads collect and get into a screen/cage near the sideline so I unleash the wizard with a very effective fireball to allow a SF NW to pin the ball carrier to the sideline supported by the BoN. Next turn he goes into the crowd and the ball ends up perfect for me with effectively a 3 on 1 in the Orciad backfield. When the 1 was injured off it was a few turns of easy stalling for the win.

20. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Confirmed, gg sir. Quite content to escape with just Glorcus II lost.