1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC16 MD3 results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by sbr32, Dec 15, 2016.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Post your game results here.

2. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Silastic Armourfiends perform a 2-1 grind over Lizards of Wall Street.

3. Zoraster

Zoraster Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yep, a 2-1 win to get us back into winning habits after the opening round draw and admin tie last week had already ensured this final season will be our worst ever. An odd little game which saw my MB snow troll and AG4 runner both CASed out early to pretty much hand the game to Znarx before the Lizards decided to fail just about every BT roll they tried for the rest of the game to hand it right back to the Armourfiends.

4. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    BC's Eleven win 2-1 over Regor's Carnival of Nazgull.

First half, the Elven armor held surprisingly well in the onslaught of Claw and MB (not together, fortunately), so that we were able to stall out and force Regor into some risky plays - which eventually saw him lose the ball and us running in the winner 1-0 at halftime.

Second half looked decidedly worse, starting 9 vs. 11, and going downhill from there. Regor's team was able to steal the ball after a breakaway attempt, which meant it was time to let the elf out, and boy did it come out in style: 2+ dodge, 5+ dodge into the cage, 1d block came up one of the three results I needed, bounce went out of the cage, and then the Thrower moved in, made the 3+ pickup, followed by the 5+ Long Bomb to my Blitzer in scoring range, who ran it in. Regor was not pleased with his team right then and there :p

We couldn't put up any defence after that and had to allow the 2-1, but with only one turn each after that, it was too little, too late for the Carnival.

GG, Regor, good luck with your remaining games!

Regor likes this.
  5. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    wrong thread

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    A draw against the current champs vs the runners up in a game with loads of crazy shit going on

willpower68 likes this.
  7. willpower68

willpower68 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:

many elfs on the pitch, even in my team... both so many doubble skulls and 1 rolls... add all those funky moves with 6 rolls... yeah crazy game... ended in epic win to roll 2-6 on gfi ended... in a 6 or 1?? a one :D

8. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Jounisii's Greenpeace Sucks wins 2-1 over Wyrmwood. Jounisii's great coaching got him the win, but Nuffle helped quite a bit in the first half as Gorbo went stupid several turns in a row and a MV 10 wardancer was able to pull off a 1D jumping blitz into my cage, injuring the BC and knocking the ball right where she could dodge out, scoop it up, and run upfield with it behind a screen. Tra-la-LAAAAA!!! Next turn she dodged up and handed off to a lesser elf, who pranced in a TD.

Somewhere in there, Spider fouled himself out of the game. I have got to stop fouling with that gobbo -- he's my only DP but he's also my only Big Hands gobbo, and for that alone he's needed to win games. Should have ran him up the pitch to be a catching threat instead.

Second half saw an elven TD that I may have rushed by dodging Gorbo loose from a rooted treeman. By then, attrition favored me, as Gorbo had broken the treeman's neck (which was actually a lucky break for him, given his AGI of 1), and a rookie goblin's foul had killed his +1 AGI elf (apothecaried to some other injury I didn't quite catch), plus a couple of other KOs and minor injuries. Was able to run in a TD with my senior thrower, who now has only 1 SPP to earn in order to level -- look for one of my throwers to throw to the other early on next match.

Good game as always, and none of my boys were seriously hurt, so it's all good.

9. khila

khila New Member

Steam Username:
    icecreampie3
    Country Flag:
    The death march took their first loss of the season 2-1 to @sunhawk's Fatal few. Despite ending as a 2-1 it was certainly not a 2-1 grind in the slightest with action up until the last moments. Fatal few decided to receive first and managed to score in a pretty actionless drive on turn 8 despite efforts to pressure into an earlier score. However my +MA gunner proved to be very valuable managing to score a non-stressful 1ttd. In the second half as does seem to be the trend with this team thus far things got far more hairy. First my gunner decided to fail a pick up 3 times total (over 2 turns) allowing the norsemen to move in and secure it themselves plus it seemed that they shed their armor during half time and were dropping like flies. This led to very few rats being on the field and none who could do anything allowing the norse to win on turn 16 with one final td.

Surprisingly though for a rookie skaven team we have not suffered a single perm yet hopefully a trend that will last the rest of the season.

10. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    i'll let TS bask in the glory this time

11. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Lykstag Lemmingz 2 - 2 Murdrum

Larkstar's dice were absolutely awful all game, and yet he managed to practically win until the T16s, upon which the kick-off result for my turn was a quick snap allowing me to get a 1-turner done, and on his he gained a reroll and finally rolled :pow:s when he wanted :pushback:s for his own 1-turn attempt. Considering that I was winning at half-time, I think that says just how the game went. Truly a disaster all round, but fun nonetheless. Probably because both of us suffered.

Good luck, Lark! Hope things get better as we get into the new year!

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yes a glorious 1-0 victory for the uwd demons over St Cloud's mighty footsteps. First half went pear shaped for the ogres when the snots couldn't pick up the pigskin. They also went into the second half short-handed since the ogres couldn't break armour in the first half. In the second slippery skaven managed a 4+ pickup and survived an ogre blitz to get deep. Morg almost stuffed things up by skling a blitzer and lonering the RR which let the ogres knock out the BC, but he redeemed himself next turn with a 3+ dodge and a knockdown on the ogre covering the ball to allow the thrower to scoop it up and run it in.