TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Hello All Star Coaches and other BBTactics Coaches,

This thread is to discuss rules, timing and assignments for the all star tournament happening somewhere in the window 15th December to 10th January. This thread is mainly for all star coaches though I also welcome feedback from other BC2 coaches.

First things first - here is my list of coaches - I hope I haven't missed anyone:

If your name is listed here, please confirm whether you are still willing to play a game or two over the holidays. If your name is not listed but you are willing to volunteer let me know as well:

@Numberwang
@doohickey
@sbr32
@helGn
@Ilgoth
@Street -
@YsengrinSC
@Guinness
@Mynimo1
@cjblackburn

So we currently have 10 coaches which is great because we will need 12 coaches to complete all the games. But we need to sort out who is going to coach what - see next post, and some of the rules and timings - see post after that.

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
@Numberwang - Eastern Alliance
@doohickey - Eastern Alliance
@sbr32 - All the Elves
@helGn - Legion of Undead
@RK Blaze - Alliance of Good
@Ilgoth - Alliance of Good
@Street - Legion of Undead
@YsengrinSC - All the Elves
@Guinness - Anti-Fur Alliance
@mark teal - Chaos Pact
@cjblackburn - Chaos Twins

The first job is to sort who coaches what. Above I have assigned you teams based on what you play in BC or what you volunteered for. As you can see Alliance of Good has 4 players and Chaos Twins has no players.

So we're going to need to adjust somewhat here.

First if any of you have been assigned a team you definitely DON'T want to play let me know.

Second, I think its fine for a team to have two coaches - in that case you guys can coach one match each (assuming your team makes it through to the second round).

However, more than two coaches becomes I think awkward so we need a couple of the Alliance of Good coaches to swap.

What if a team with 2 coaches doesn't make it through? Well in that case I would suggest that the coach that hasn't had a chance to play could take on another Semi Finalist team - or that they act as a general substitute in case of scheduling difficulties? But I'm open to other ideas.

Right once that's taken care of onto the next challenge, the rules

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Ok procedure

Once voting has closed on the 10th and you have been assigned your team you need to assemble it. Your team must include the 8 All Star Vote winners as well as 3/4 additional players (see next post). The Additional players may be chosen from any of the BC 2 rosters of the appropriate races and are intended to help you craft a well rounded squad. If a team is being coached by 2 coaches you can either choose to agree on a roster or pick two different rosters I don't mind but they must include the All Stars.

Once you have made your selection wait PM me the roster including the TV (you may purchase and apo and as many RR as you think you will require as well as CL, ACs you cannot get stadium upgrades) and then wait. I will reveal all of the rosters in this thread at a set time.

Once that is done you now have to go and create your team in game - this will take a bit of work. Make a custom mixed team with the right races and then edit the players so that they fit the stats, skills and injuries of the All Stars you've got as well as your additional players.

We will be playing this competition in an open challenge league for flexibility I think. I will make a competition called BC2 All Star Tournament so submit your team there when ready. Once all the teams are created the highest TV team will play the next highest and so on, the lowest TV team will get a by (hence the roster secrecy).

I'm open to timing for this tournament but my instinct is a first round lasting from Dec 15th to Dec 25th and then second and third round to be completed flexibly between the 25th and tenth with the final to be coordinated with a streamer.

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Finally coaches one rules question. What roster size would you like. My instinct is that 12 seems right since that way you can bench a maximum of 1 all star but you do have one sub and an apo and may have inducements. Obviously no star player inducements allowed for this tournament because COME ON and also I don't want merc because this is for BC 2 players only, but all other inducements are ok.

If somebody feels strongly that 13 players is better tell my why and we can vote on it, and likewise if you prefer 11.

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
I am comfortable with the Chaos Pact (this is my preference), but will coach whatever you need, I guess.

This is a All Star team - they always carry a few extra players in all star games so think at least 13 players is fine.

Last edited:

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
As stated before, I'm not really into the mixed team things, but if you need another coach to make it work I can do it. So I can play if you are short of coaches.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I would prefer not to be the Elf coach since I am even worse with them than others, but since I am an active Elf coach I will do so if needed.

IF another Elf coach were to appear and there was no coach for the Undead I would prefer that.

helGn

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
helGn
Country Flag
I would suggest that we go 12 or 13, but the 8 chosen must be on the pitch at all times (if they are able to)
Undead is what i know so im happy to be its coach :)

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I am happy to coach any of the teams if needed to fill in.

I would say 12 or 13 players so DP stars / Secret weapons (Death roller) are not too much of a hindrance to the teams.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
If we are doing the seeding by TV thing then 13 players is fine. You can bring 13 players but there is a cost. If we limit it to 12 then you need a good chunk of armour to still have a team. Plus 12 also limits fouling like street says.

doohickey

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I`m still up for coaching as well. I think 12 with an option to take a 13th is probably the sweet spot if we are matchmaking by TV`s first round, but I`m not too worried about it. I can stick with the Far East Union or I can swap to another team if we need a coach somewhere else.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Hello coaches, Mynymo1 has had to pull out so we now need a coach for the Chaos Pact (cj is doing chaos twins) - @Street how do you feel about playing DE/Skaven?