1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc BC2 Orcabeth: What to pick?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by mamutas, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:48 PM.

1. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    upload_2019-11-10_8-46-58.png
    Rolled a 10 (6+4) on #7 Blitzer. Is +1MA better than MB? Thinking about making him into a dedicated BC.
    Rolled a double (4+4) on #1 Black Orc. Dodge?
    Have 120K money, thinking about buying a troll. #12 will be gone. #4 will be replaced as soon as I get enough money after the troll.
    What do y'all think?

2. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    yeah, I'd go MA+, Sure Hands... maybe even KoR later for the blitzer/ball carrier. For the BOB dodge is really tempting but I'd personally skip the doubles for block as 1st skill.
    Regarding the troll - using him takes serious dedication to the silly side (which I like but might not be for everyone since the unreliability can be really annoying) and then you'll want a goblin to go with him for some stunty BS plus those hilarious one turn attempts. MA3 BOB is serviceable for a while so I might be inclined to get the gobbo first.

TravelScrabble likes this.
  3. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    My personal preference would be to skip the Troll and replace the slow BoB. Also Dodge is nice but I would skip it as well as its a first skill.

4. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I’ll be a player down the next game against Vamps. Replacing missing lineorc with Troll sounded like a good idea.

5. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    I don't like troll for orc teams. Orcs are already strong and they have to be reliable (be it blocking or moving) to follow their playbook. Maybe if troll started with block... :p So instead I'd look to replace the MV busted BoB as soon as possible (read: now), you probably don't want a single SPP on that player anymore.

I like going guard first on BoBs and then block. Blitzers start out with block, so you can be a bit "greedy" and get the guardspam going earlier to lockdown your opponents. I guess you could go dodge now, but I'd be personally extremely happy with a guard/block/mb/standfirm BoB.

And finally, I'd absolutely pick up +MV for the orc blitzer. He looks like he might become your carrier, but keeping him open to build up as a faster utility blitzer or even frenzier is something you should consider in case another blitzer rolls +MA or +AG.

However since we haven't played yet, I think I'd recommend you to buy some goblins since they bring mobility to lumbering orcs. Spend the doubles on diving catch on the black orc so that you can farm SPP faster on him. And take thick skull for the blitzer so that he's more resilient, like an orc should be.

6. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    in other words you'd be taking the sensible road ;)

7. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, playing orcs with a troll IS somewhat nuts. But if you want to go for reliable I would give BOBs block first and guard later (or at least mix it up a bit) - the way I see it guard first stunts their development and you are going to out-strenght most teams anyway early on. Not having block will eat through those re-rolls pretty damn fast. Also you can start with guard on one of the blitzers (making him a utility one) which - while having the MA+ one as the carrier - would still leave you with two to go the killer route starting with MB and tackle respectively. Yeah and good point on the MA3 BOB hogging the SPPs - that's obviously a risk.

Also diving tackle on a black orc with block, stand firm and tackle would be f***ing annoying - but I still wouldn't choose it as the first skill. Could be interesting though.

sbr32 likes this.
  8. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Yes I am, I am pretty sure @Regor calls my team boring for a reason! ;)

Again boring for me is block on the BoBs for reliability, guard spam is not really required early on, particularly if you are going to play the team long term.

Halub and Regor like this.
  9. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    Another good thing about the boring team build for orcs (aside from its reliability) is that you get to gain the most mileage out of orc linemen which are some of the best in the game and a great value, too.

10. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Yes the lineman are certainly decent value and over the past couple of seasons for me have taken most of the damage (deaths) for me. That is one reason why I don't like the troll as he ends up on the LoS and more often than not against claw he ends up off the field quite quickly, which is a lot of wasted TV.

11. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I am surprised by everyone saying not to take the troll.

The orc roster is very similar to the nurgle one.
    4 M4 ST4 AG2 players
    4 M6 ST3 AG3 players
    1 M4 ST5 AG1 big guy
    unlimited M5 ST3 AG3 players

Nearly everyone takes a beast of nurgle so why not a troll?

12. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Tentacles mostly.

Though I agree the troll has uses on Orcs, but you need to use it correctly as a roadblock and not recklessly take blocks with it.

13. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Tentacles, and BoN is far better than a rotter, compared to troll and orc lineman. Just my two cents.

14. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    It is also to do with play style, some people like the big guys others (like me) don't like the additional risk they can bring. Don't be put off though @mamutas its the team first season, give the Troll a go if you want to.

15. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Rotters are pretty awesome tbh, AV 8 MA 5 Agi 3 and only 40k

16. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I have always used Trolls on my Orc team. Along with the gobbos, of course. I think playing reliably bores me pretty quickly, that is why y'all can always count on me doing something reckless, especially by the end of the game ;) On the other hand, winning the game by scoring with goblin throw, twice in a row is pretty epic!

But, I think I can wait a little still. Replacing that unlucky Black Orc is better now, before he got any SPP on himself.

And with amount of rerolls I wasted on Black Orcs rolling skulls (just ask @Poncho dlv), I will feel safer going with Block than Guard.

Thank you all for your advice. Y'all are the best!

Supa and stephB like this.