1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC2 S4: Cathay Fluff/Smacktalk Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by sbr32, Sep 21, 2016.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Whelp, back into the gutter. Time to try to fight your way up to the slums.

These predictions were done with as little thought about the coach as possible. I based them on roster and results of the first 2 matches.

Now it is time for you all to go out and prove me wrong in whatever way you can.

#1 Dank Soles (1230TV) - 2 Mummies (1 with Guard), 2 Wights, 4 Ghouls (3 with Block), 3 Zombies, 1 Skeleton, 3 RR. Undead are one of the better low TV teams, and these guys already look tough to deal with.

#2 Korland Mauraders (1070TV) - Ogre, 4 Blitzers, 1 Thrower, 5 Linemen, 3RR, Apo. I like to have a Catcher on a starting Human team, but they can hog SPP so starting without is very viable. Humans are the most skilled team starting out here, but they do require good caoching to deal with some of their shortcomings.

#3 Aqua Teen Hunger Force (1140TV) - 2 Werewolves (1 +AG), 2 Flesh Golems, 2 Wights (1 skill up pending), 6 Zombies, 3 RRs. I personally don't like to play Necro without Ghouls but there are others who swear by it; again they can be SPP hogs so getting skills on others first makes sense. The +AG Werewolf is going to be a major problem for everyone, and will make the lack of Ghouls much less noticable.

#4 Chaos! at the Disco (1150TV) - 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen (1 +AG, 2 Wrestle), 3 RR, Apo. Chaos can be difficult starting out but a +AG Beastman after 2 games will make a huge difference. The Wrestle Beasts are an unusual choice and I am intersted to see where this team goes.

#5 Westmall Triple (1070TV) - Yhetee, 2 Berserkers (1 Mighty Blow, 1 Jump Up), 2 Ulfwerener, 5 Linemen (1 Fend), 3RR, Apo. This is a bit of a cop out, Norse at low TV are such a glass cannon they could win the division, or come in last it depends on that AV7; so I will put them mid-table.

#6 Necromancing the Stone (1060TV) - 2 Werewolves (1 Block), 2 Wights, 2 Ghouls (1 -ST/MNG), 5 Zombies, 1 Flesh Golem, 3 RRs. This team started with no Flesh Golems, but has purchased one since; like the no Ghoul start I don't like it personally but there is a school of thought that Necro can run without Golems at all.

#7 Fooly Cooly (1100TV) - 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen (1 +AG), 3 RR, Apo. I don't know what is in the water down here in the slums, but there are a crazy number of +AG players already. Unskilled Chaos is tough, but AG4 is helpful.

#8 Ratlanta Foulclans (820TV for mext match, 1050TV with all rostered players) - 2 Stormvermin, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 5 Linerats, 3 RRs, Apo. Skaven can be good at low TV but once again it is that AV7 lottery and the Foulclans don't seem to be doing well there. They are already 0-0-2 and missing both Stormverim and the Thrower for their next match. Of course they have played my Top 2 already so hopefully their luck, and results will turn around soon.

#9 Madness Ensues (1080TV) - 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen, 3 RRs, Apo. Unskilled Chaos with no AG4 Beastman. They have already won a game, so this could very well be way too low.

#10 Bananonians (750TV for next match, 930TV will all rostered players) - 4 Blitzers (1 -MA/MNG), 2 Blockers (1 -AG/MNG), 4 Peasants, 2 RRs, Apo. Things have started rough for the Bananonians, they only have 10 rostered players and 2 of their positionals will miss next game. On the bright side they seem to have done very well with their winnings rolls so far so they have some cash and Bretonnians are good at low TV. I hope this team can turn things around and prove me wrong.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. Crowdog09

Crowdog09 Active Member

Country Flag:
  3. Genessius

Genessius Active Member

Country Flag:
    My man of the sea will make everyone tremble on the pitch !! Also they are obsessed with dark and dead things for some reason, rather morbid bunch if you ask me. But im just here to instruct em, so I aint questioning them: p

4. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    I'm hoping for a Howling good season! Prepare to be terrorized by my Werewolves!

5. Zyrael

Zyrael Active Member

Steam Username:
    Zyrael
    Cyanide Username:
    Zyrael
    Country Flag:

ManBearPig likes this.
  6. ManBearPig

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    HA! I Knew exactly what it was before even watching...

Zyrael likes this.
  7. Genessius

Genessius Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Zyrael Since there isn't a Cathay MM thread yet and since I don't wanna steal sbr's work, this will do for now, when do you wanna play our game,tonight? I work in GMT time prefarably

8. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Sorry everyone. I started the competition before I left for work this morning,so yoy can play games now.

I will make a proper MM thread in about 5 hours.

9. Genessius

Genessius Active Member

Country Flag:
    ah,no problem, its just cause I wanted to play early; )

10. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    OK now that things are finalized and settled here you all can get down to telling each other how badly you will be beating on each other (no sense in smack talking to someone who gets moved away before you can put a boot into their Werewolf's head).

There are 10 of you down here in this slum and only 4 of you are getting out. Trust me you want out. If you think one season in Cathay is bad, just wait until you see what we have in store for returning customers. :skull::skull:

Use this thread to brag, bribe, threaten, boast and predict your crawl out of the slums and into the gutters of Tier 3.

With some new names you can also use this to introduce yourselves to your fellow competitors; some weak souls feel bad about putting a boot into the face of someone they have been formally introduced to. They are mostly Elves so we shouldn't need to worry about that sort around here.

I don't know how serious I will get about Predictions unless you all get restless demanding them. I know very few of you so it would be mostly me putting names I recognize higher (unless they are playing a crap team) and newer names lower (unless they are playing a good team). I will definitely do a quick write up on all of the teams and my very valuable opinion of each team. Probably not today or tomorrow though.

The Teams of Cathay Season 4:

List of Teams and their Forum(Game) Names:

The Ratlanta Foulclans - @Crowdog09 - Skaven
    Aqua Team Hunger Force - @Zyrael - Necromantic
    Chaos! At The Disco - @GobbieMarauder - Chaos
    Kordland Maurauders - @OverLORDY - Human
    Necromancing the Stone - @ManBearPig - Necromantic
    Dank Soles - @Genessius (Gengar) - Undead
    Westmall Triple - @Dunkane - Norse
    Fooly Cooly - @Mile - Chaos
    Madness Ensues - @Impoz - Chaos
    Bananonians - @InfiniteBananaTheorem (GeneralBananas) - Brettonian

If you have any questions or concerns about ANYTHING, please ask me or any other member of the Admin staff either publically here (or anywhere) or via PM.

Season 4 Admin team:

Grand Poo-Bah and Top Level Cat Herder: @cjblackburn
    Altdwarf: @jrpeart
    Nordland: @St Cloud
    Reikland: @Ravers
    Ostland: @TwoScoops
    Averland: @Cram
    Nuln: @Ilgoth
    Cathay: @sbr32
    Indus: @ManBearPig
    Kislev: @Curving

And most importantly, Good Luck and Have Fun!

11. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I had never heard of Blood Bowl before, but bought the original Cyanide Blood Bowl game back in '10 (or whenever). I played quite a bit for 6-8 months then lost interest; about 2 years ago I tried again and have been hopelessly hooked since.

I joined the Original Big Crunch with a Skaven team (Gangsta Rat, named after rappers) in Season 9 and played them 5 seasons before I couldn't deal with it anymore. I now have a Vampire team that is floundering around now in it's second season.

I joined the Big Crunch 2 from the start with a Human team and played them for 3 seasons, but have now switched to my favorite race Necromantic (rookie team in T3 Ostland :eek:). I am have just finished my first seasons in a BB2 league over at GOBBLN (with a Human team) and a FUMBBL league (Nurgle). I am also waiting very impatiently for my tabletop league to kick off the next season, where I will be playing Necromantic and hopefully Vampires.

Nikolai II and Crowdog09 like this.
  12. Zyrael

Zyrael Active Member

Steam Username:
    Zyrael
    Cyanide Username:
    Zyrael
    Country Flag:
    Playing multiple teams in a league seems like a conflict...

13. ManBearPig

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    What do you mean? Who is doing this?

14. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I assume he was responding to my wanting to play 2 teams in my tabletop league.

The way the league is set up makes it doable. There are enough teams and a short enough season that everyone doesn't play every other team, the schedule is set with a Swiss style format which makes it easy enough to prevent my 2 teams from ever having to play each other, and if both teams have a good enough record to make the playoffs you have to play the highest ranked one-the one guy who played 2 teams last year had both qualify.

All that said we are waiting until the new year to start, so that the new version has been released and hopefully pick up more players. If we get a bunch of new coaches the commissioner may not want to deal with multiple teams.

15. Crowdog09

Crowdog09 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I discovered BB2 around November of last year, when I saw some games from the Crendorian Invitational on youtube. It instantly appealed to me because of my interests in strategy games and sports. I picked the game up around the end of December and I've been playing weekly ever since. I've been trying my hand at the various races and trying to find what works. This will be my first time trying skaven.

I've a long history with strategy games. I played chess when I was younger and then got into games like Warcraft 2 and Age of Empires 2. More recently, I've been playing Civ 5, XCOM, Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4. Also a massive fan of Fromsoft's games, Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc.

I'm a massive sports fan. Gaelic football, hurling and football/soccer are my favourites. I go to see my local GAA team as often as I can and in the last few years I've been to Celtic games, Ireland games and most recently, Dundalk's Champions League qualifier versus Legia Warsaw.
    I've also got a great love for history, especially in everything that happened post the fall of the western Roman Empire. I was in Mexico in March and saw the Chichen Itza while I was there.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully, not getting beat up too badly on the blood bowl field :D

Nikolai II and Sataric like this.
  16. Dunkane

Dunkane Member

Steam Username:
    Guiks06
    Country Flag:
    I'm a bad player of bloodbowl... I pick a norse team... I'm your candybar of the season, feel free to bash me as hard as u like. 7 AV FOR THE WIN !

ManBearPig likes this.
  17. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Lots of posts in this thread that should also be copied over to a new thread in the introduction forum. At least in my opinion. ;)

18. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Agreed. I figure (maybe wrongly) that most people here are aware of the Introductions forum and made a conscious decision not to post something there. I could be wrong, and if that is the case I strongly suggest people who are looking for more interaction with the BBT community as a whole to make an introduction post there.

There is also a Team Blogs forum where you can share your fluff for your team, get team specific advice, keep a personal journal of your team's roster or whatever else. It is another great way to interact with the Blood Bowl Tactics community as a whole, and there are some fantastic threads in there; @Werebat 's BC - Wyrmwood a prime example.

When I encouraged people to introduce themselves here, as opposed to the Introductions forums, it was intentional. We have had a serious problem with people quitting or just disappearing from Tier 4 divisions over the 3 seasons of the BC2. I was hoping to get people to share and talk amongst themselves with the hope that they would build a bond here in S4 Cathay that would keep them from just disappearing and hopefully becoming a bigger part of the BC2 and then hopefully the BBT community as a whole.

Werebat, TwoScoops and Nikolai II like this.
  19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    And they did a great job at it. Kudos to all. :D

20. GobbieMarauder

GobbieMarauder Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    GoobieMarauder
    Country Flag:
    @Zyrael When we first played two seasons ago and you whooped me, I said to myself, "That's fine, he'll probably shoot up the ranks, then I won't have to play him again." Then last season you whooped me again, and I said "I'm already doomed to relegation anyway and he's first place in our group. Next season I'll be free of this abuse."

And here we are. :skull:

@ManBearPig Speaking of revenge, looks like the shoes on the other foot. This time it's me playing the music-themed team and you playing furry, disease-ridden nightmares. Hopefully Nuffle will feel the beat this time. :p

Nikolai II likes this.