1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC2 S4 MD9 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by sbr32, Nov 24, 2016.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Post results here

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Intoxicated Approximation 1 :: Re-Born in the Purple 0

A bad season for the Necros got even worse today. I could have afforded a Ghoul (had90K) before the match but decided to hang tight with all of the Mighty Blow and Tackle on the Dwarf side. I went in with 12 players, versus 11 Dwarfs. I got 40k in Inducements so used 10 of my own for a Babe, hoping to keep even, or maybe even ahead in the numbers game. Not so much.

The Necro received and after a high kick and a touch back Nero the Werewolf had the ball right behind the center of the LoS. On T2 my DP Zombie fouled the PO Troll Slayer (3+3) with no result and was sent off.

After some lucky dodging dice I was able to make a supported break up the right sideline T4 or so but a 4+Dodge, GFI, 1D Blitz on the Block Wolf knocked him over. Nero was able to stand up and Dodge away to pick up the ball but failed, but caught it again after it scattered off of the other Wolf. The next turn saw the Guard Wight get KOed and another 1D Blitz KOed Nero, the ballcarrier. At this point the Necros had 6 players on the field.

Then the other Wolf KOed himself on a failed 4+ Dodge and Hadrian the Level 2 Flesh Golem was killed and didn't Regen.

The Dwarves had too many GFIs and not enough rerolls to get to the other side of the field before halftime.

At halftime the Bloodwiser Babe earned her keep as 3/4 KOs woke up; Trajan the Guard Wight stayed asleep. A Dwarven Blitzer broke his Collarbone on a failed GFI late so it was 10 Dwarves vs 9 Necro to start the second half. I was hoping the injury dice would cool off, but nope.

2 LoS Zombies were injured with no Regen on T9 and Vespesian the Level 1 Wight was KOed on T10. At that point I gave up and kept the Wolves out of trouble with the occasional quick strike blitz while the other Golem and 3 Zombies took a beating. After injuring another Zombie on T12 the Dwarves scored on their T13.

A couple more "safe" Blitzes and some passes got each of the WWs some SPP before the end of the match. The surviving Golem got MVP, which was nice, but I only rolled a 1 for winnings so can't replace the Flesh Golem, and don't want to buy a Ghoul until I have the other Golem.

gg @Brody and good luck next season with your new team!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    GG @sbr32 , hope next season is a good one for you!
    I was very worried about keeping those WW in check with my slowly dorfs. I got fortunate to KO one and have another KO himself =]
    I'm pretty sure it was a single dodge into a TZ for the 1db, but it was lucky to get down! I had quite some luck getting necro players off the pitch today, but lost my second troll slayer in two games to niggling injuries --> your fired! I lost my level 4 runner last game and I've lost 2-3 level 3 linemen this season, so yes I will reroll. I have learned the dorf's are just not my cup of tea!

4. OverLORDY

OverLORDY Member

Steam Username:
    OverLORDY
    Country Flag:
    Korland Marauders - 3 // Dem Phavorite Thingz - 0

This was an unfair game with my carefully built human team pitted against an orc team that joined the league late and didn't have chance to develop. While that meant my opponent was able to induce Ripper which scared the shit out of me at first, i managed to ruthlessly exploit any gap or opportunity, forcing whole game to be played at orc's half of the field. Game started with a perfect defense allowing me to reorganize my players so i was able to make a play for the ball when my turn came. I put pressure on ball from turn one and kept it up. Ripper killing my ogre on a both down was the scariest moment of the game which also forced me to spend my APO early but i managed to get a no casualty result. In the end i managed to knock the ball loose and score by turn 5. I managed halt orcish advance through three remainnig turns, getting a cas first then 2 KO's on a chainpush surf.

Unfortunately for me 4 out of 5 KO's returned by the second half, reducing numbers difference to one. Ripper was still on the field. an aggresive player lineup on LOS forced me to commit my own players, only leaving the thrower behind for ball recovery. Perfect defense following that kick-off allowed orcs to redeploy though thankfully orc coach choose to pull his player away from the lose while leaving Ripper and his two black orcs friends in contact with my Guard ogre. What followed was a game of needling in which i poked over and over the orcish defense line until an opportunity presented itself which i exploited. A pass to agi 4 blitzer who was able to run past orcish defense through a hole my ogre opened up for him screened by a block lino and blodge catcher allowed me to stall for two turns followed by a TD bringing the game to 2-0.

I was able to get some removals throughout the second half though nowhere near the amount of first half but there were still three turns left and I decided to press my advantage and go aggressive. I managed to pop the ball loose in turn 16 free from any tackle zone which was recovered by my thrower who handed it off to agi 4 blitzer once more, bringing score to 3-0.

Pile On blitzer did some serious work throughout the whole game, removing good amount of players from the pitch over two halves which allowed me to gain a numbers advantage despite orc team having 2 player bench. Blodge Catcher and AGI 4 Guard blitzer both managed to shine, scoring my teams whole touchdowns between them while also contributing to my control over the whole field.

And now, i am the king of my division.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  5. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Earp, you're right just the one Dodge.

6. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Indus Division - Crimson Calamity (DE) vs Undeadians (Undead) ~ Final Score 3-0 to the elves.

Although the Dark Elves struggled a stupid amount with simple tasks such as picking up the ball, the Undeads struggled quite a bit with their blocks and various other moves - And the Tackle I had recently taken on my rising star Witch Elf proved to be extremely useful against his ghouls as well. A few early knock-outs and injuries onto my team had me worried that the second half of the game would be really rough for me, but then suddenly the damages stopped rolling in and the remaining 8-or-so players I had held an acceptable defensive line. The mummies were scary, as they always are, but most of my dodges out of their tackle zones were successful. A Wight from the Undeadians got injured and lost a Strength points, which was sad - He's likely going to be facing the firing squad now, @Norsixa has informed me. I think he put up a darn good match and I think the final match score would have been far more even if he'd have a bit more luck on his side.

Thanks for the game, once again!

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Heroic Understudies 3 - 0 Rumble. Key drive was the first half. Sweltering heat stole 4 woodies to bring them down to 7 while HEs had 9 or maybe even 10. This means that Aczino could only set up a flimsy screen and my heroic wrodge line elf made the 4+ dodge and got a pow on a 2d. Fortunate scatter allowed the armored ponces to get the ball high upfield to a waiting catcher, who decided to score on turn 6. The woodies tried another two turner but the heroic wrodger went under and around the screen this time, 2+ 3+ dodges and a 2 gfi to get the ball loose again and keep the score at 2-0 at halftime.

In the second half everything went pear shaped rather quickly for Aczino who failed a block on the LOS which meant that we got our hand on the ball first. But then nobody could do anything right and the ball changed hands several times before we finally scored the final td on turn 16.

Surprising game which may catapult this team into tier 2 a season too early depending on the rest of the results this week.

8. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Nuln title decider;

Moon Shiners 1:2 Miragliano Idols

Rumours that Coach Ravers had been out the whole of the previous night celebrating promotion out of Nuln were soon proved correct with some very questionable play calling. Woodies took advantage and scored on my drive after freeing the ball with a wizard. I did not notice I only had 2 turns to score after a riot on the ensuing kick off and failed to even move anyone into scoring range. 2nd half wood elves scored again. We got 1 back and went for the draw, alas a boat load of 1's stymied that. GG @Veggente85 and grats on the title. Hope we are in the same division next season and I will give you a better game;).

Btw 27 AV breaks vs Wood elves yielded a measly 6 KO and 2 injuries:mad:.

Orielensis likes this.
  9. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Inconscients @slanesh vs Von Blitzers @stephB ends in a 1-1 which secures me 5th place in Reikland with a 3-3-3 record and a slight chance of staying in the division if the reshuffle is good to me, with a few people leaving the league and others getting their Nurg on ;)

Game started with me receiving and getting my cage sorted first turn, though a RR was required for the pick up. The elves played aggressive from the start and I was happy to oblige with a midfield brawl hoping to get removals with my 2 mighty blow/tackle blitzers, we both got plenty of knock downs but the injuries were just not coming (I also dub skulled twice which ate my remaining RRs). I was stuck in midfield and getting nowhere and on turn 4 Slanesh’s star catcher (str4, tackle, blodge) waltzed into my cage and took down my ball carrier. The midfield brawl continued for 2 more turn with us both trying to secure the ball, which Slanesh eventually did on turn 6 and scored.

This left me two turns for a reply. The elves set up 3 on the line and 6 deep (2 were KO). I put my agi 4 blitzer back to receive and put my other 3 blitzers into scoring range and risked a couple of gfi to give them a lineman for company. The Blackorcs put the lineman on their behinds and made sure they couldn’t easily get to the ball carrier. The elves marked up all my receivers and blitzed one of them down and tried to screen to ensure an interception chance. Thankfully the lineman and two blitzers, both with guard, were in a group together, which allowed me to block away a marker and then dodge away from contact and blitz away another marker to free up the other blitzer. The agi 4 blitzer moved forward to the side line to avoid the intercept chance (but obviously now easily surfed if pass fails) however pass was successful and so was the catch, 1-1 at the half.

The second half was basically the elves toying with me keeping the ball back while taking on every block that I presented. He was in no rush to score and this continued for most of the half, obviously looking for a 2-1 win. I lost a couple of players to surfs (mainly my fault) but he made no progress with the ball down field until very late in the half, apart from one pesky blitzer deep in my half who I kept marked. On turn 14 he finally made a move handing off to a blodge catcher and moving him deep into my half and attempted to screen off, this would have been done more securely if he was not intent in using his other players to bring down mine instead of just dodging away. I used my wizard to bring down the ball carrier and then used my agi 4 blitzer to dodge away from his marker scoop up the ball and then throw it to my blodge blitzer who was near by but in a more secure place with 3 black orcs around him. The last two turns were spent fending off the elves from bringing him down which they thankfully failed to do, 1-1 it ended. Slanesh was completely in control and not sure why he didn’t score earlier he just seemed to be having too much fun playing the bashing game, although the result was meaningless for him as he had pretty much secured promotion already.

10. Genessius

Genessius Active Member

Country Flag:
    Going out with a bang

Attached Files:

11. slanesh

slanesh Active Member

Country Flag:
    Superb analysis @stephB , I agree 100%

I was lucky on that match, a lot of injury, ko's, stunts...on fucking Orcs! that pass/catch after bouncing on the ground...that injury on that orc 1 diced after failed surf...

why I didn't score earlier?
    1.- I wasn't very focused at this game knowing I already had the promotion secured.
    2.- I got so confident after counter-scoring in your half that totally zone out of the game.

Just an example, I forgot it was turn 7 instead of 8 after counter scoring on your first half, and used a defensive line totally wrong that let you get your 1-1.
    Overall I'm quite ashamed of my performance :p

Anyway, if that the result might help you stay on that division, you deserve it and it makes me happy. Thanks for the game.

12. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Oh yeah thanks for reminding me about the bounce pass and the kill on my blitzer, I was trying to forget those moments! ;)

13. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The Knights last match was a one sided affair where we were lucky to not be pitch cleared in the first half. We got a score but couldn't defend with so few players so it was 2 1 in the end.

14. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Da Green Skin Pakt end the season on a high with a 2-1 win over Ymmyrks of Clain Rigens.

Thank you for the game @Ilgoth you kept it close despite having some terrible block dice throughout.

And thank you to everyone else in Indus for the fun season. Didn't go as well for me as I would have hoped after the prediction I was given but I had fun at least and I hope everyone else did too.

Ilgoth likes this.
  15. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Dag nab it, I needed you to pull a draw to avoid demotion. Also it'd have tossed that Clawpombard team back into the abyss where it belongs. (Or at least down into a lower division).

Still, I guess I can't ask from others what I didn't manage myself. Or? :p

16. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    No love for my tiny, little chaotic Torturer Team...
    :(

:D

17. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I love to hate them, does that count?

18. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Indus

(@MalicWanderer) Quality Foods 1 - 1 Elite Copse (Ging)

My woodies lined up with 4 loners filling out the roster, and we induced a Wiz + a Babe, and decided to kick.

Things seemed to go ok for the humans to start with, they gathered the ball and made inroads down my left flank, but then on the 2nd or 3rd turn their ball-carrying thrower failed a GFI and went down by the sideline with the ball not in any TZs.
    We were able to clear a route through and pick up the ball. I think we were then able to make steady progress towards the EZ and scored on T6. 0-1.

Quality Foods had 2 turns left to try for an equalizer, but I think they failed the vital catch.

2nd half we were down by one player, 11 v 10.
    I made a GFI on T10 which with hindsight I probably didn't need to make, and I had to spend a RR on it. That then cost me on the pass to the wardancer who failed the catch.
    The humans were able to remove a TZ or so from the ball but their thrower still picked up in a TZ and was able to pass the ball off to another player. I can't quite remember what happened next, but the ball ended up on the floor in my half.
    I had enough players to get over and cover it while going for a pickup with a catcher, but before I got that far I must've miscounted a loner's movement because he made a GFI at the end of his path that I wasn't expecting... of course he failed it. I had to risk the final team RR, he passed the loner roll... and then failed the GFI again. :rolleyes:
    Foods got their AG4 catcher on the ball and ran him next to the EZ.
    We had to use the Wiz to take him down (stunned), and then ran in some cover to pick up the next turn.
    We seemed to have recovered and were even making progress up the other side of the pitch, but then I made a mess of my cage and allow use to get stuck against the sideline.
    A couple of crucial blocks didn't get the desired result and we ended up losing the ball.
    However the humans made one block too many and :skull::skull: saw them offer us a chance to hit their ball carrier on T16.
    We took him down and I though we'd got enough TZs round the ball to seal the win.
    But Malic was able to clear a corner off the protection, then his AG4 catcher made a 3+, 3+, 2+, 2+, 2+ to run in the equalizer on T16. 1-1.

GG Malic, and congratz on your 2nd or 1st place finish.
    Must admit that being 1-0 up at half time with my drive still to come and a Wiz in my pocket, I'm disappointed I couldn't see out a win there.
    But I suppose at the start of the match with only 2 RRs and 4 loners I would've taken a draw and no permanent damage. And at least the MVP didn't land on a loner either. :)

Sataric likes this.
  19. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    2-1 win over valculdra darkies against humans

Rather missmatched game with some 750kish inducements for valculdra netting him the chef, a wiz,a babe and Zug. I defended first with valculdra going for a 2 turn score. (chef stole 2 out of 3 rerolls but the kick off event gave 1 to me, so ended up with 2) After that a fairly easy 7 turn drive to score. On which a block lino of mine got killed by a foul.

In the second half valculdra got a 5 man wiz that didnt work out 2 or 3 turns in. (chef didnt take any rerolls.) Pretty much needed 5 knockdowns and a removal to be able to reach the ball, ended up getting 2 knockdowns and no av breaks. After this he decided to try and take his sweet revenge by trying to kill my elf ogre by fouling it repeatedly. He got 2 stuns and a KO the turn after that however he did manage to kill my blodgestep leap witch the turn after. Luckily the doc revived her. Scored on turn 16 for the 2-1, did get a bit wonky because of me underestimating the situation some/running out of players. But I only needed to push someone off the ballcarrier to score in the end. The 1 turn attempt failed on valculdras end to end the game.

1 dead block lino on my end everyone else survived the game, my silly frenzy blitzer got a lot better with some roids from the doc and he is proud to join the strenght 4 club.

Lets see if we can have a better season in altdorf without missing half the games!

20. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yes thanks for the season finale, @Street

It started off badly for me, mistake in the set-up and couple of really bad moves set the bad first half in motion. But yeah Nuffle was acting up this time, the blocks that were supposed to succeed, didn't and then the least plausible plays did (like that gutter dodging into your cage, and all three red dices were defender stumbles and then the injury for your ball carrier). Sad thing my 2+ rolls and ball picking kept failing, could have been a bit different game.

Season has been great and fun, regardless of 0-2-7 beauty in my stats.

Sataric, TwoScoops and Street like this.