BC2 Season 2 MD4 Results

SlickMongoose

Star Player
Cyanide Username
SlickMongoose
Country Flag
Ostland is on the ball this week!

crunch game 4.png

Defeated @Khornight 's crazy peasant-heavy Bret team 4-2. I went into half time 3-0 up on his drive thanks to him failing a bunch of pickups and my elves pulling off some top class elf bs.

The second half was more tricky as his prioritising of blocks and fouling meant I was several players down, but it didn't matter much by that point. 1 of my 2 deaths was a loner, the other was a rookie lineelf, so I was let off lightly.

Special mention to one of his peasants who managed an interception when I was trying to score my 5th, picked up a bouncing ball in 2 tackle zones on turn 16 after I failed my 1-turn attempt, and then pulled off a vanity pass. Dickie, I salute you.

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
Yeah, I want for the: start the game by getting 1spp on the blitzer who's currently on 5spp... Double one (shouldn't have wasted a reroll).

Then failed pick up (another double one)... After that I just went on tilt.

Was able to laugh about it a bit in the second half...

I'm clearly not meant for this division, especially with rookie brets!

SlickMongoose

Star Player
Cyanide Username
SlickMongoose
Country Flag
Yeah, I want for the: start the game by getting 1spp on the blitzer who's currently on 5spp... Double one (shouldn't have wasted a reroll).

Then failed pick up (another double one)... After that I just went on tilt.

Was able to laugh about it a bit in the second half...

I'm clearly not meant for this division, especially with rookie brets!

Bret teams struggle even with all 8 positionals. Going for only 5 so you can get a bribe and gangfoul with peasants a lot might be fun, but it's not going to win many games.

Last edited:

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Bret teams struggle with all 8 positionals. Going for only 5 so you can get a bribe and gangfoul with peasants a lot might be fun, but it's not going to win many games.
It's funny you should say that, I'm top of the other league I'm playing brets in (actually 2nd, but close enough)

Pretty much the same team, but the other teams all started at 1000tv at the same time I did, rather than everyone 100's of tv ahead.

I do think the blockers are good, but knights are not worth 110tv, taking all 4 is a terrible waste of which ever skills you don't use...

SlickMongoose

Star Player
Cyanide Username
SlickMongoose
Country Flag
It's funny you should say that, I'm top of the other league I'm playing brets in (actually 2nd, but close enough)

Pretty much the same team, but the other teams all started at 1000tv at the same time I did, rather than everyone 100's of tv ahead.

I do think the blockers are good, but knights are not worth 110tv, taking all 4 is a terrible waste of which ever skills you don't use...

Well my team started at 1000TV this season too...... But then, elves can level up quickly.

Interesting perspective on the knights. Their skill progression is terrible so I kinda see your point. And comparing them to High Elf Dragon Warriors is ridiculous (paying 10K more for catch, dauntless, passing access instead of agility, and -1AG :eek:). But you're only replacing them with peasants.

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Well my team started at 1000TV this season too...... But then, elves can level up quickly.

Interesting perspective on the knights. Their skill progression is terrible so I kinda see your point. And comparing them to High Elf Dragon Warriors is ridiculous (paying 10K more for catch, dauntless, passing access instead of agility, and -1AG :eek:). But you're only replacing them with peasants.
I think pretty much all elf blitzers, and human (inc zons) and Skaven, are obviously better value. You still need one for ball carrying duties, a second as back up... My intention was to get a third... I probably should have done so sooner, I've noticed the peasants getting too many mvps!

Wait you were a 1000pt team?! You've had 2 (well 3) plus ag's and 2 doubles?!

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Nuffle has smiled on me. :)

I'm expecting them all to get killed any game now.
I feel less guilty for the turn 16 foul now ;-p

Oh regarding "you are replacing them with peasants"... Peasants are actually the best thing about brets! Tv40 lineman, downsides: av7, actually with fend they survive quite well. And ag2, who cares they still intercept on a 6 ;)

Rabenschrey

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Rok Rabenschrey
Country Flag
Wannabee Pirates - Lizardpool BC 2-2 in Ostland Division

The third game in a row against Lizardmen ended tied. So the series against the bashier teams ended 1-2-0. The coach is satisfied with this results. He made a big mistake in the beginning and wanted one of the linemen to get more experience. Unfortunately Henry Morgan couldn't pick up the ball in two tries and the ball was secured by the Lizardpool team. They scored the 1-0 and the Skaven started again with the ball. The new Gutter Runner La Buse was able to score in Turn 8, so the game went tied into the halftime.

After some shouts in the cabin the Pirates started with only 8 players, but with a blitz start. They could overrun the Lizardmen which were positioned aggressively and got the ball after a lucky out. The audience threw the ball into the free field, where the Gutter Francis Drake could easily pick up the ball and score once more for the rats. Lizardpool came back in Turn 15 and scored. The Skaven got two turns to get a point again, but after a good combination, they were near the sideline and the Lizardmen built a wall around the rats and were able to steal the ball with a block. The game ended without any other action. Two rats got heavier injuries, the coach decided to keep them as cannon fodder until he got some new ones. Someone spread the rumour, that the coach wants to hire a thrower first.

Thanks for the game @jrpeart it was nice to fight with the slippery ball. ;)

http://www.mordrek.com/BB2Stats/gam...fa532f2e2150989f2754_2016-05-02_19_40_46.bbrz

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
The Desecrators 3 - 1 BloodBowlClub Rattelona

What happens when a 1710TV Chaos team, plays a 1340TV Skaven team.....

You get rat soup :)

As that's pretty much what happened. Majimbauro played well, as shown by the fact he did manage to get a TD, but his team had been crippled in previous matches, while mine has benefited from some crazy +stats rolls.

He got Glart Smashrat Jr through inducements, although I targeted him for removal first, and saw him removed (dead) on I think turn 3. Next I turned my attention to his Rat Ogre so that I could claim the bounty, but unfortunately, despite my minotaur's claws ripping into his flesh at every opportunity, the best I could manage on him was a KO and a few stuns, so the bounty remains unclaimed.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Right, Number Nine was up against Khornese Kitchen, who had failed to score a TD in the first half due to a 3+ dodge (with reroll) failing. The second half KK got a blitz on a short kick and put some heavy pressure on NN.

Which is when Number Nine revealed that they had brought knives to this fistfight. In rapid succession another badly hurt goat was followed by a KO and a stun and the ball was suddenly under not all that much pressure, but KK managed to keep it lively for a while, until a 3 SPP goat got a concussion which was turned into a broken neck. Next block smashed the collar bone of one of the two chaos warriors, and a short while later the wrestle goat got outright killed. At least the 3SPP goat got the MVP.

Oh, and the end result was 2-0 to the dark ones.

Last edited:

DasShootenheime

Star Player
Cyanide Username
DasShootenheime
Country Flag
Team Triage 4 : 0 Los Orkos Rojos

One of the most extreme nufflings i've ever been on the opposite side of. The biggest shock though, was that everyone on both teams left the stadium healthy and ready to go into the second half of the season!

GobbieMarauder

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
GoobieMarauder
Country Flag
Micky D's Vs The Danish Khaos Snorters ends in a 1-1 tie. A surprising number of injuries for the humans put me in the very strange position of actually outnumbering my opponent. Despite getting my paws on the ball in the closing turns of the game, one (sorta) lucky blitz and one (very) unlucky injury roll cost me the game-winning TD by a single space. I should be more frustrated, but the opening turns were an absolute disaster for me (don't you love RRing two Attacker Downs and getting two Attacker Downs?) so a tie doesn't seem so bad.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
(don't you love RRing two Attacker Downs and getting two Attacker Downs?)

Yep. Lovely. :D

(Best one for me so far is first block of the game, Wight going quad skulls and hurting himself off. At least he regenerated. :p)

(A brief while getting quad skulls was called being "twelve ninetysixed", since it's 1/1296 probability to happen.

Keraunograf

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Keraunograf
Cyanide Username
Manticoran
Country Flag
Heroes of the Multiverse go 1-1 against the Final Enemies, with some kind of bull plays and getting really lucky with a failed 1TTD by the DElves.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Chitter Rats 1 - 2 R.W.B.Y

Chitter rats were dealing with a 410k TV deficit and opted for a Hafling chef that stole 4 RR's the whole game, 3 in the first half. The rats chose to kick to the Dark Elves. I could not injure a rat all game, with 6 rats sitting int he KO box I scored on turn 8 using the 1 RR I had from a kickoff event to pick up the ball. The rats had a fairly quick score that I couldn't stop with my injuries and overcomitting to one side of the field. Swelterign heat hit us for the first time leaving the Rats with 10 players and RWBY with 7. Blodge was to good and he had a hard time POWing the ball even when I had to give up 2d blocks on the ball carrier.

Good game @Muundus I was scared for the entire second half.

Edit: Unfortunate wrong word

Last edited:

Muundus

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Chitter Rats 1 - 2 R.W.B.Y

Chitter rats were dealing with a 410k TV deficit and opted for a Hafling chef that stole 4 RR's the whole game, 3 in the first half. The rats chose to kick to the Dark Elves. I could not injure a rat all game, with 6 rats sitting int he KO box I scored on turn 8 using the 1 RR I had from a kickoff event to pick up the ball. The rats had a fairly quick score that I couldn't stop with my injuries and overcomitting to one side of the field. Swelterign heat hit us for the first time leaving the Rats with 10 players and RWBY with 7. Blodge was to good and he had a hard time POWing the ball even when I had to give up 2d blocks on the ball carrier.

Good game @Muundus I was scared for the entire second half.

Edit: Unfortunate wrong word
Good game man. If only the rats had some tackle. But glad to hear the little critters put the fear of God into those pointy-eared freaks! That's two vastly superior dark elf teams that the Chitter Rats have come THIS close to humiliating. Number 3 the charm?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Good game man. If only the rats had some tackle. But glad to hear the little critters put the fear of God into those pointy-eared freaks! That's two vastly superior dark elf teams that the Chitter Rats have come THIS close to humiliating. Number 3 the charm?

Given you'll probably get even more inducements when playing against the last one - most likely?

Also, if you've played against the Boop Troop, think you could upload that game with the stats grabber? @Dsop hasn't done it, so it looks like he's only played one game, and you've only played three..

Dsop

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Dsop53
Country Flag
Given you'll probably get even more inducements when playing against the last one - most likely?

Also, if you've played against the Boop Troop, think you could upload that game with the stats grabber? @Dsop hasn't done it, so it looks like he's only played one game, and you've only played three..
Sorry! whats up, did i not do something?