1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC2 Season 7 MD9 results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by cjblackburn, Jul 26, 2017.

1. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The disciples grab the draw they need to capture promotion. However there was a cost as ball carrier is now a st2 ball carrier.

It was set up for a 2 1 grind with the score 1 all at half time but when my beast of Nurgle caught the ball at the start of the 2nd half my offensive plans kinda of changed. Then the mother of all fireballs took 4/5 down and the ball bounced off of a downed player to just sit in front of the Skaven. I even had one of those extra big cages that's supposed to prevent that sort of thing. Making sure the Skaven couldn't stall my player got a seriously injured but it did allow me the time to grab the crucial equalizer.

2. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Indeed, I have to thank the wizard for the draw. No players lost and maybe it is enough to keep me in Reikland. The MVP could have gone to a different player than glart though...

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Kislev Division saw a hard fought 1-1 draw between @crimsonsun and his Norse and my stand in Humans.

Both teams got turned over on their own drives, both with a 1D blitz on a block carrier. My chances of getting the ball back in the 1st half were scuppered by an early turn block with my Ogre on the Yeti :bothdown::bothdown: successfully rerolled, into :skull::skull:;).

In the 2nd half Crimons' runner carrier was near the sideline and got knocked down, the ball bouncing out and back into his half on the wrong side for where all his players were.

Fun game, probably a fair result. I finish the season unbeaten apart from an admin result, though I did manage to avoid the top 2 teams thanks to me joining, then being replaced, then joining again...I quite like playing humans, especially at lower TV so will miss them if I don't play them again!

GG @crimsonsun , best of luck for next season.

crimsonsun likes this.
  4. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Von Blitzers (@stephB ) 2 - 0 Drakwold Beasts (@Hudd

My season finished strongly with my first win against a Chaos team since my first season in BC2! @Hudd has an all beastman team complimented by a str 6 block mino, but his lack of guard/str 4 and his claw not getting the removals, led a demolishing from my Orcs who have 6 guard players. I used my bank to buy an appo and a babe as I really needed this win to avoid relegation and was expecting some trouble from his 3 claw players.

I won the toss and elected for offence and looked to cause as much damage as possible, which is exactly what I achieved, with two deaths one a rookie goat and the other his –AV killer (full tackle clpomb) which he elected to try and save but the appo was clearly drunk. I didn’t play with a proper cage electing to put pressure on with all my guard and extra str, which did lead to an attempt at a sack but the failed dodge led to another injury (was really not Hudd’s day). After that failed attempt I was able to break free up the wing and score on my turn 8. I suffered 3 KOs in the half and had a lino sent off, but 2 KOs came back, he suffered 4 cas and 2 KOs only one of which came back.

Second half started 11v8 and the blunt claws continued which allowed me to mark up all his players. Within a couple of turns I had managed to get to the ball carrier and take him out and also managed to foul off the Mino at which point Hudd effectively gave up and went into preservation mode. Which allowed me to score on the last turn for the victory.

Due to the dice this was really one sided and was certainly not a GG for Hudd, hope you have better luck in Altdwarf you will certainly need it! ;)

Smeik, Regor and Ravers like this.
  5. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Congratz on the win m8, u recover really well!

6. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Regor, managed to get 3 lvl ups out of the game as well, so ready to rumble next season :)

Regor likes this.
  7. Hudd

Hudd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    @stephB
    I would like to say it was the most miserable game of BB I have ever played - but sadly, I have actually had worse. Just about :)

I don't think the lack of guard hurt me, it was more the 7 CAS from 26 blocks that did the damage!

Well played matey (and apologies for not saying so in-game - I wasn't paying much attention to the screen over the last half dozen turns, there being nothing much I could do other than watch you carefully foul me :p)

8. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, must have been tough to take. Although it was only 5 cas from the blocks, your sack attempt took himself out and the mino was foul ;)

9. Martin ScoresEasy

Martin ScoresEasy Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chickenfish
    Country Flag:
    @Martin ScoresEasy Boring Ol' Orcs 1 - 1 @Gligo Skracenici
    I induced a babe out of mostly my own money, as I was fairly certain a draw got me promotion this season, so wanted a bit of an edge. @Gligo's Dwarves only had 12 players including the Deathroller, so I elected to receive with the intention of scoring as quickly as possible to get rid of that roller. I managed a T4 score without too much trouble, so although I gave Gligo plenty of time to retaliate, I'd only had to put up with the Deathroller for 3 turns. I also made a vanity pass to get my thrower from 30 to 31 SPP, and so welcomed another Level 4 player to my squad.
    I can't remember if it was early in Gligo's drive or late in mine, but my blodging blitzer with a niggling injury sustained ANOTHER niggle, so I decided I probably needed to apo that, and got the no cas.
    Gligo made a dash down a sideline, so which I was a bit tied up I had enough players chase him to put on a bit of pressure. The pressure succeeded and I was able to get the ball off him, but not before I heard the screech of my best player being killed. Pedestrian Pete was a +ST guard blodging blitzer, but is with us no more. To add insult to this injury (well, death), one of Gligo's runners was able to recover the ball again after some dodging plays to clear my line orc from marking the ball, and dodge to pick up the ball, and score on T7.
    I set up for the 1-turner (with my +MV blitzer), but possibly incorrectly as I'm not great at the low MV ones, and there was a riot to give us both an extra turn! I decided to go for the one turner anyway as I wasn't sure I was set up to make a reasonable sideline dash, somewhere along the line messed up, lost my mind and didn't realise I could hit a dwarf from the line of scrimmage to fill a gap, tried to run a Black Orc into it who passed the dodge but failed the GFI. Gligo hit me a bunch on his turn, making sure I couldn't move forward or get any great hits on him, and passed the turn back to me. With no way to score I just threw 1 or 2 blocks where I could, tried to protect my players, and fouled a Longbeard for only a stun. Gligo then hit me where he could again, then gangfouled a Black Orc for only a stun, but got a player sent off! Suddenly I was up in numbers, and we went into the second half 11-10.

With the one player advantage, I made sure not to leave any real openings for Gligo. The dwarves tried a sideline dash early, but overcommitted. I was able to shut off any advancement, kill a guard longbeard (who the apo offered to kill in a different manner) and was able to take control of the bashing game too. I advanced on the ball carrier while most of the pack were caught up near the LoS, but my tackler couldn't roll the pow/stumble I needed. Gligo's runner broke away and tried to throw to the other runner who was marked and didn't manage to catch it. There was a bit of a scramble for the last few turns, with it looking like I might score again and level a blitzer, but Gligo made a 3+ dodge with his dodge runner, then a 3+ dodge and 2 GFIs to knock the ball loose. My blitzer was still in range of the end zone in theory though, so Gligo's dwarves ended their last turn marking as many of my players as possible. I had the chance to score with a 3+ dodge into a 1D block (push was fine), 3+ dodge, 3+ pickup, and 2 GFIs with no rerolls. Given it was unlikely and I didn't think I needed the win for promotion, I decided first to throw a 2D block with my block/mighty blow Black Orc. :skull::skull:

Thanks for a great, tense game to round out the season, @Gligo. All the best for the future!

Gligo likes this.
  10. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Game-of-Thorns gets a 2-1 win over Draconian Drones, which hopefully gives us enough points to avoid relegation. Match was mostly even in the first half, but I was able to dodge and leap my way out of having my cage completely surrounded, so I was able to stall until T8, and the Dark Elves didn't have much of a shot at a 1 turner with my Treeman and multiple Side Step players.

In the second half, the injury rolls really went in my favor, and the Dark Elves snaked a bunch of agility rolls, so I was able to get the ball loose. After a couple of turns of the ball on the ground, I went for a pickup in a TZ, which failed, leaving the Dark Elves with a relatively straightforward score on T15. But I had a huge advantge in the number of players (I think the Dark Elves only had 5 or 6 players to my 10 or 11). The opening kick was a touchback, so I was able to give the ball to my MV9 AG 5 Dancer, and preventing the 2-turn score would have been pretty difficult. The 4+ dodge into the cage failed (with dodge reroll) which meant I could just walk in for the score.

11. Zoraster

Zoraster Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, GG Znarx. Story of my season with big rolls coming in clumps for one side or t'other. Ultimately though my bacon was saved by Znarx switching off a wee bit and missing a SSer when the game was just about done. The SS blodger then had a huge turn of pow avoidance – 6 or 7 block dice I think, and 2 would have put him down on stumbles as well – which burnt through the wood elf players and meant when the pick up failed I had an easyish TD to level at 1-1. While it left an easy two turner, especially after I snaked my KO rolls as the babes proved useless, it meant a 2-1 rather than 2-0 loss. Going into this game the one score loss was my target, knowing it would definitely give me the tie break on Znarx and probably Jounsii (now confirmed). With Smeik already finished behind that gives me a very good shot for relegation reprieve in 5th. I may yet actually get the legitimate escape in 4th, but it needs our battered champion to get the win from a game in which he will no doubt be more concerned with SPP distribution.

Death rerolled to death on my newly levelled +ag lino which I'm honestly pretty happy about. I actually came close not to apoth it (midway in second half) as these players are expensive and rubbish, but on a team with no stat ups it is hard to ignore the +ag even if you can't get value from it for a few levels. Stat boosts on naked players are a real tough choice on youngish teams... so hard to turn down but really hurt your team in the short term.

12. YsengrinSC

YsengrinSC Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    YsengrinSC
    Country Flag:
    I've called Glart twice this season and he got my MVPs as well. Seems like we should get a better star from that.

Smeik likes this.
  13. YsengrinSC

YsengrinSC Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    YsengrinSC
    Country Flag:
    2 Nambie 2 Pampies (@toastguy7 ) 3 v 0 The Great Zardulus

The elves started a strong drive and some really sloppy choices gave him 8+ blocks over the first two turns. This lead to my first cas. Aftern cleaning up slightly I tried to use my lighting bolt, but that rolled a 1. Two turns later my Skitter (stab inducement gr) was cas off and the game spiraled from there. Toastguy7 played very well, and certainly deserved the win and the promotion to tier 2. My tv is now about 1200, and I'm decently likely to drop down to tier 4 :/

14. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Was a good fun game without a doubt, I feel it was mine to win going into the 2nd half and it all went wrong, I got a little impatient and my players were just leaving the pitch left right and centre. Didn't help my other half was constantly asking me to do things so I wasn't following the 2nd half fully and it really showed. That throw in was evil and then you did what I would have in your position you beat the out of position less numerous team to a pulp. Not much I could do at the point I'm sure as a Norse coach you know full well what that's like when your teams disintegrated.

So a average season really, way too many admin results leaving my team desperately short on development making next season somewhat of a nightmare proposition really. I faced this in the big crunch previously with my dark elves going into the second tier as the least developed team its difficult to maintain much of a squad together over the season which will likely end in demotion. Not much I can do about it now though just have to try and ride the storm best I can..

Thanks for the game mate and hopefully we'll meet again soon.

Ravers likes this.
  15. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Gratz to @Mikko who wins Nordland, he had an awesome wizard today, I swear we'll get you next season.

16. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Thanks buddy, that wiz was golden today...took out both of your agi5 men (i think). As for getting me next season, i think it´s time for a draw so we can have a nice 1-1-1 with these teams.;)

17. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Last match of Altdwarf saw my last place Norse play the unbeaten champions of @Veggente85 and his Wood Elves. I had 400 TV inducements, and only 11 players. I bought a wizard, 2 bribes, and a babe, and set too it. 1st half elves won the toss and received, I saw a chance and fireballed 3, the wizard killing a skilled catcher and leaving a lane open to blitz the carrier who was duly brought down. Could not capitalise though and 0-0 at the half. Elves starting to lose players but all 3 KO's came back for each team.

2nd half I killed a dancer on a foul, got the ball, lost it, got it back and eventually scored for a 1-0 win. My team is relegated, Veggente remains champion but lost 2 good players to death and 1 MNG. Also a -1 Str rookie! Gotta say I do love Norse in games like that, bring on next season in T2!

18. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    I beat him last season, no biggie! ;)

On a serious note, you sure your getting relegated with Dire & NN taking a break?

19. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Yup, we keep 2 lucky lezard teams... @Regor @Filadeus

Regor likes this.
  20. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Tough break for @Ravers he might have to face his favourite Orc team again next season! :D