1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC3 Match Day 5 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Speaking of I just had a very silly game against Mikko. I think I could of pulled of the draw despite that if I had played more cautiously, not one of my strong suits that. As is his Villans won 2-0 with me basically unable to inflict the cas needed for a win until about the last three turns of the game, by which point it was to late to win. Was a fun if frustrating match until near the very end.

2. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Went pretty much like Phun says here, hopefully your dice are on fire for the rest of the season and you mangle many enemies to a state that can only be descriped as F.U.B.A.R :D

Thanks for the game

3. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    I wouldn't want to go that far. We've had enough people feel like retiring.

And curse your injury rolls, 2 perms on 5 tries. Took me 17 for that many.

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Damit:p 5 times did the elfs try to dodge from Diving Tackle and 5 times they rolled 4+:eek: And it was a very gentle match until the last 4 or 5 rounds:skull:

[​IMG]

5. Wallbanger

Wallbanger Member

Cyanide Username:
    Wallbanger
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

A well fought game that was closer than the scoreline indicates. The difference between 2-0 and 1-1 really came down to just one failed 2+ dodge.

6. ScottishDunc

ScottishDunc Member

Country Flag:
    So many KO'd Elves and that one Blitzer who tripped over his feet.....

Oh well... was a fun and enjoyable game. Thanks Wall.

SD

7. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nordland: Jounisii's strip ball dancers stick it the noble goblins 3-0

8. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Strip ball was pretty decisive in this 1 as Dio said. After having to apo dancing girl from dead on T1, elfies got really nervous tho. Luckily the carnage wasn't that bad, "only" dead kicker lino + 1 MNG dodging lino.

3-0 Suckers win.

9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Skorned Lose yet again to Fallows Darkies 3-0.

Well played Fallow, I can't wait to move on to just playing Goblins, only 4 more weeks of waiting.

10. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    confirming the Night win.

cheers Street, good luck with the rest and i'll be eagerly watching your gobbos for tips!

11. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    I know have a better record with my replacemnet Ogres than my Dorf team. Maybe Nuffle is trying to tell me something. 2-0 Over Werebat's Underworld team where he had pretty bad seeming dice that included his troll eating their Team Founder. That's some fun* fluff.

*At least if your into that kind of fun.

12. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Well Phun, my replacement goblins are doing better than my chaos team so you are not the only one.

13. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    The Croakers manage a very expensive victory in Ostland over All Star Sedai, 1-0. Both Wolves are out for next game, one of them picking up a niggle...

Thanks for the game, dubbs, and sorry for all the :pow:

14. dubbs

dubbs Member

Cyanide Username:
    dubbs
    Country Flag:
    The Croakers 1 over All Star Sedai 0.

This was a weird game. I really enjoy Borke, the banter (both pre and during the game was fun), he's a good spectating buddy for games, and it was a pretty tense, tactical match.

The actual game though, I don't think I cared for very much. Things just didn't really work out for either of us (Borke had a lot of pows, but wasn't really hurting my players, my POMBer couldn't get much done, both WW's went down to injuries, and I failed some fairly reasonable plays that could have changed the game's complexion a bit) and it was a bit frustrating at times. It was like nuffle and the players did just enough to make it rough on each other :)

Anyhow, good game Borke. Thanks for the match and good luck moving forward.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  15. dodger

dodger Member

Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    Hard fought Tie between Cruentus Lacertae and Forget Me Now in Nordland last night.

[​IMG]

16. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Reikland

(jrpeart) Aggravated Nurglary 2 - 0 Pixel Mafia (Ging)

Same result as last season.

I induced a babe and decided to receive.
    My drive didn't start well and I was making poor choices. We lost the ball on a mis-clicked dodge which I was planning to do later in the turn, and we never recovered it.
    Nurgle then solved my dilemma about when to sack my Block\SS catcher when he died under a boot. Nurgle almost make a mistake, but survive a RR'd dodge to score on T6.
    We then get nowhere with our LOS blocks again, and its 1-0 at half time.

2nd half we get a couple of hits on the ball carrier but don't keep enough players on the pitch to really have the nurgle in enough trouble. Plus we burn through the RRs.
    Despite a couple of desperate attempts by the Mafia to snaffle the ball, jrpeart's team eventually tidy up the pieces and score on T16. 2-0.

Perhaps if I'd sacked the catcher and taken the wizard things would have been different, but hey ho.
    Rookie ogre is useless, and the dice weren't helping much either. Think we only broke armour twice in the whole match, and that was on T14 and T16. :rolleyes:

Well played jrpeart, you managed a much more consistent game than I could muster and deserved the win. :)

17. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    2-0 to Aggravated Nurglary over the Pixel Mafia.

1 turn in the first half where Gings head exploded and he ran out of time combined with Nuffle generally being a dick to him made this a fairly comfortable game.

I generously killed the Catcher Ging had been debating cutting before the game, and then Ging kindly made space on my roster for him by killing a 0spp Rotter :p.

18. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, think I should just write that one off as a bad day on the astrogranite.
    Although I think we're going to be swimming with the fishes (at the bottom of Reikland) this season.

19. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    The Clown Academy veers back onto track with a victory over those guys from Ulthuan:
    [​IMG]

1st 5 turns was a travesty for us both as Nuffle generously sprinkled his 1s whenever he saw a key play from either of us, but Rem felt pressured to put one in in turn 6 by the wizard. Then I made what I felt was my first successful GFI (3/8 succeeded...) to equalize in turn 8. 2nd half started out tough for Rem as he lost a couple of guys of the LoS but he eventually managed to sack my carrier and run away with the ball into his own backfield after I got adventurous and parked my SF Ogre in contact when he was acting as a cage corner :rolleyes:. However, that was Rem's final good luck in the match as he was continually bleeding players and I hung back to hit and gangfoul whoever hit the dirt instead of threatening his carrier. This eventually resultet in a niggled Catcher and a dead -av Catcher and Rem felt the time had come to try for a desperate run, but it culminated in me scoring with Dr. Roxzo after clearing off his 4 remaining stragglers.

Thanks for the match, Rem. Sorry about the damage, at least the rest of the injuries were BHs...

20. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Was a painful match. Terrible D6 for both of us, which cost Barm more in the first half, but good 2d6 gave the clowns the advantage in the second half. Managed the steal, but the team were smashed off the pitch before I could do anything with the ball.

I'm now missing Daeros( niggled too, because the Heroes just weren't leaving the pitch fast enough already...) and his tackle just in time for my match against Danton, and Valarous is dead but had it coming with AV6. But far too many of my key player are niggled now.

Still, thanks for the game barm, it was funny in a sad kind of way.