1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC6 MD9 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Lykstag Lemmingz 0 - 2 Real Housewives of Amaxon

[​IMG]

One heck of a game, made all the worse (for me) by the sheer nuffling I suffered when rolling catches. 2 successful passes out of 4, due to dropped catches. One of those would have equalised the score back on Turn 10 as well, so doubly irritating.

That said, gtrain was a gentleman and a saint, not once going for the boot when the opportunity was available, and our banter kept alive what was pretty much an open and shut case for Amazonian promotion.

So the game decided things: gtrain is promoted to Nordland/ Reikland, and CJBlackburn and his Ogres take the FAT.

Thanks for the game, gtrain! Hope next season goes well! :D

2. Wallbanger

Wallbanger Member

Cyanide Username:
    Wallbanger
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Yes, you see that right - cj got his wish for a spoiler. The Grrlz got their twerk on and shook the orcs all night long. Something positive to take back down to Ostland.

3. Tyriok

Tyriok Member

Country Flag:
    In Ostland St. Cloud and I had a draw 1-1, I was outplayed and he greedy for some development which unfortunately cost him the win. Good game sir, well played :D

4. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Cats - Humans 1-1

In a rather scrappy match the Cats made a T8 defensive TD and if something had been riding on the game they would have gone 2-0 up half way through the 2nd half. As it was they went for the glory pass to level the 2nd runner and left the zerker next open next to the EZ. Tyriok made all his dodges and ko'ed the BC. 3 turns and some double skulls later it was 1-1.

GG Tyriok see you next season...and i'll finish the job then!!! :p

5. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Twisted Metal lose the final game 1 - 2 to Hawca's Dark elves.

However we went out with a cause for celebration as Dark tooth scored our touchdown:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the game Hawca, good luck next season.

6. Hawca

Hawca Member

Country Flag:
    was a fun game, thanks

7. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Reikland

(Ging) Pixel Mafia 1 - 2 The Croakers (Borke)

First defeat of a limp season, but not much I could do about it, we may as well have been snotlings - our armour was pathetic.
    As per the last game of Season 5, we had someone killed by a fireball, this time it was my 49 SPP catcher, Sonic II. :(
    Apo managed to heal my ogre's -AV to a BH, then he returned for 1 turn and got KO'd. :rolleyes:

Borke also picked up a -AV on his ST4/Block/Tackle zombie (from possibly my only foul of the season), so it was a bit of a bloody match.

Well played Borke, congrats on finishing 2nd, and good luck in Altdwarf again.

8. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    The Croakers end the season with another win, 2-1 over Ging's Pixel Mafia. A very effective Wizard (3/3 down, 2 stuns, one dead) right after a blitz event basically sealed the deal at the start of the second half, after we had gone up 1-0 in the first.

There were still some great efforts made by Ging, to the point where he was never quite out of it until turn 14, but then Ghoul Alexis managed to pick the ball up and run away for the 2-0.

The game continued the theme of high attrition in Reikland, with Ging suffering the death of a level 4 Catcher, while I now have a -AV on my +ST/Block/Tackle Zombie.

Thanks for the game, Ging, I hope you have Nuffle's favour in the upcoming matches next season!

9. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    2-1 win for crimson guard over sms in a tense match decided on turn 16.

CG will soon be recruiting after 9 casualties.

10. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Crimson Guard BC earns a 2-1 Pyrrhic victory against bjj's dwarves. With it we earn promotion to AltElf, but 2 retiring injuries and a death, as well as four MNG, mean we're going to be shorthanded and likely won't compete for the title.

gg bjj.

11. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    WOOD steals a 2-2 draw vs Mice Mice baby, after loosing the ball twice, but recovering it in the end and finally stalling to the last turn for the draw.
    Now I only have to learn to stall against bash teams ...

For once I won in the block department, netting some like 80 block against the 50 or so of the rats.

Pimp aso had a wizard, but decided not to use it until the last when it made no difference.
    We had a misunderstanding at the start, as I was convinced he had a 1940 TV team but he sacked his ratogre just prior to the match and it came to me as a surprise that I conceded him wiz and babes.
    I will never understand how the netiquette of the last minute changes works, but was under the impression that if you modify your team you should let your opponent know before the match, so I complained.
    Pimpwizard showed to be a true gentleman and offered to alt-F4, but that would have required to repeat the game so I said no, and he offered then not to use the wizard at all.
    Obviously I said no again, as I didn't want an undeserved advantage, but I have the doubt he delayed the use of the wiz on purpose.
    Credit to you Pimp, truly commendable behaviour.
    Thanks for a friendly game and also for helping me with advices in some hot moments.
    GG.

Wait for us Ostland, we are coming!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  12. o8oo Anarch

o8oo Anarch Member

Country Flag:
    Averland - Tropetasia 1 - 1 Southwest Voodoo

A very hard fought match started with SWV recieving and slowing pushing forward against a soild high elf screen. Turn 3 saw a fireball whistle into the cage, killing a wolf in the process. Trop were unable to capitalize though and the remaining wolf following a quick hand-off ran almost half the pitch length to bring home a turn 8TD.

2nd half saw a pretty quick TD from Trop after a hypnotized Golem left an opening down the centre of the pitch. SWV setup aggressively ready to push hard for victory. The ball landed far right on the LoS and a perfect defence meant the high elves were stacked heavliy to make the most of it. SWV's Agility 4 wolf failed a quick pass despite a rr and perfect weather leaving the ball free. A couple of turns later after much scrambling the ball finally bounced into the arms of a wight and SWV broke left and drove hard, smashing through the thinner side of the elven line. Turn 16 saw said wight 1 step from the TD line and victory easily within grasp, an over zealous wolf had other plans however and :skull::skull: brought the match to an end 1-1.

Well played Kop, you'll be a force to be reconned with next season once you acquire some basic skills on your team.

13. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks Anarch. Thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Undeserved draw in the end for my Elves see them get their first BC point. Undeserved as if anything at all rode on the game I'm sure that block wouldn't have been thrown and it would have been 2-1 to SWV. Mentally very much a defeat. Hope your regen rolls pick up at some point for you. My Necro team has the same thing with positionals failing it every time, but not to the degree you seem to have.

14. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I would say the etiquette is you should let your opponent know about last minute changes so they have the chance to respond but its certainly not universally observed so in the end the onus is on you to check (or alt f4 on inducements but that can cause other problems)

15. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I run by "if I would change my team in response to his actions, I ask, else I don't care".

16. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Typhoid Mary's inflict horrible murder on the Lizard Sanctuary, but stupidly unlikely skink heroics almost save the day - 1-1 at full time, albeit with the krox and two saurus MNG. Let's hope there's pro elves up first next season.

17. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    CoN 2-0 Your a Nation.

just didn't go Siggy's way with both blitzers failing regen fairly early and some dodging heroics with 2 die against blocks from witches succeeding.

cheers for the match, GL next season.

18. Olive Baboon

Olive Baboon Member

Cyanide Username:
    Big Grudge
    Country Flag:
    The Legends 0 - 0 Souleaterz

First half Edjapo received and formed a cage down to the sideline. I was able to stop the cage and a ghoul tried to break away. Ghoul failed GFI and allowed me to grab the ball on T6. Couple of failed passes stopped me from advancing. Second half my elves were too busy passing the ball that they forgot to score. Double skulls on T16 blitz made it possible for Edjapo to score but skeleton was not in the mood for accurate passing.

GG Edjapo!