Cyanide Behold! The Masters Series!

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Cool thanks,

I ll see if I can contact them to let us know. Presume they are in touch via the Cyanide forum tourney thread?

I doubt it - most coaches who participated in this used other places to communicate. As they are both UKBBL coaches I suspect they will arrange it there

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I doubt it - most coaches who participated in this used other places to communicate. As they are both UKBBL coaches I suspect they will arrange it there

I see. If that is the case then you may be able to help?! :)

Not sure if you could post there letting them know we are planning to TMS! their game if they ok with it etc, and gently ask for the date?

I ll send them a pm through Cyanide anyways, but if you can let them know over there that d be great 20p.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Monday at 8pm GMT+1 looks like the agreed time

Good to know!

I think I can actually make it. Will probably have to be a recorded commentary so to avoid the coaches temptation to watch/listen to the broadcast. Then I ll upload to Youtube.

They havent responded to my Cyanide forum pm,... Do you think we can asume they are ok with us comentating?

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
The next TMS! episode is up!

When? Monday 28th April at 20:00 GMT+1 (13:00 Eastern)
Streaming where? No streaming this time around either as this episode is another final and we ll be live, so to ensure none of the players gets the temptation to hook up onto the stream and listen to our awesome commentating and highly insightful clues :p I will be instead recording it, and the uploading to my Youtube channel as usual: https://www.youtube.com/user/Viejoviajero

The game is nothing less than the Cyanide based NAF tourney final organised by Sann0638 (http://bbtactics.com/forums/road-nafc-2014-cyanide-tournament-t3506/), so look for it in game to spectate when we start.

We ll be on Ventrilo so come along and commentate with us! Some of the bbtactics patrons will probably be there watching, so if the actual players are in that chat room anyone commentating will just swap to a different chat room.

As mentioned this episode features the NAF tourney final!

Dem Krookid Vulchas (ORC, Ugnash)

Ugnash is a veteran coach patron in several popular Cyanide based leagues and with a 70% WDL ratio... His team is a classic Orc squad here... except there is only 3 BO and no Troll! (some spare cash to hire though) The trade off is a slick 14 line up at reasonable TV. No extraordinary skills, just a good all around formation.

ImageRoster.aspx

VS

Bulls of Steel (CHD, Haree)

Haree (61% WDL ratio) has already been featured before in TMS! so needs no further introduction... His team also early in development, sports a +AG/Dodge HobGob! Other than that we cant see any Claw at this stage yet, although he has still got 2 skills pending in two of his Blockers!

ImageRoster.aspx

High Powered game where the Block and 2D6 dice will probably be king.

Come to Vent with us and find out who will be ultimate champion!

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
There should be a Crunch Cup final in a week or two, if you keep up with this speed ;)

sann0638

Star Player
Cyanide Username
sann0638
Country Flag
Tremendous! Best place for a duffer's guide to Ventrilo?

Last edited:

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Thanks for the commentary, I was on Vent, but with no mic.
It's much more fun to watch a game also hearing comments.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Glad you liked it Silfuin, ci vediamo!

And also thanks to Borke, TravelScrabble and Sann for comentating with us. And also big thanks to the players, Haree himself for the pre and post game words of wisdom.

Also big thanks to 20p and St.Cloud (semifinalist in the NAF tourney) for proposing the game and contacting the players!

The game will be uploaded in Youtube within the next few days... takes a while to upload 3 gigs!

Last edited:

Ugnash

Rookie
Country Flag
Hope you enjoyed the final - sorry I couldn't get on vent to share any thoughts of wisdom (well in the loosest sense of the word) along the way.

Thought my game plan went well. Hold back and don't commit too early. Previously this has frustrated opponents into forcing something or making a mistake and when the turnover came for Haree that gave me all the opening I needed to get the ball. Looking back I probably should have made more of that turnover - perhaps attempted a cheeky pass from blitzer to line Orc when it was on - but as soon as I saw I was kicking to Haree I was always going to be happy with 0-0 at halftime.

2nd half I thought I was going to be hampered by the absence of a couple of key players but Haree's defence leaving the wideouts open surprised me - not something I would ever do personally unless forced into it. That allowed me to make some easy ground and when I had one of the centaurs behind me and the other stuck on the far wing I was able to use my blorc strength and guard to keep all but the agility 4 hobgob at bay - and tbh that was a shot in the dark for Haree which ended with him putting his primary ball carrier out of the game.

1-0 up and although it didn't make for sexy BB I was happy to contain any threat that Haree chose to throw at me. The pass attempt was unexpected but even if it had connected I had more than enough players free in the backfield to deal with the centaur I feel. The fumble was an added bonus and of course eventually led to a second Td that sealed things late on.

All in all that little bit of extra strength, guard and edging it slightly on the movement all came good on the night and now, with this result and a couple of other good orcy tournaments recently, I'm thinking of sticking with them for Nottingham :)

BTW - has the final with commentary been posted to YouTube yet or is that yet to come - I wouldn't mind hearing other people's thoughts on the match.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
BTW - has the final with commentary been posted to YouTube yet or is that yet to come - I wouldn't mind hearing other people's thoughts on the match.

Not yet! since I didnt stream it through Twitch I ll need to upload manually from my PC, and since it is a big file it ll require quite some time. I ll start the upload tonight, so I d expect it to be tomorrow sometime ready in Youtube.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Game uploaded in Youtube! Remember to use 720 or 1080p for best viewing! Thanks once again to Borke, TravelScrabble and Sann for commentating with us!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Viejoviajero

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdb1vfWWBRw&list=PLEejfQ83153kJmt9oFybzsW9VEU86RvwA[/ame]

Last edited: