1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst Races right now

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Runferurlife, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Runferurlife

Runferurlife New Member

Country Flag:
    I was curious if there is anywhere I can find the best and worst Races. I know they are all different and there are counters everywhere but I read somewhere that there are teams that most people play and some that people don't play at all.

I do not want to be stuck with a team that nobody plays at all

Thoughts?

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    These are tabletop stats from the NAF https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=statistics

As to worst generally the 3 Stunty teams are considered worst, Ogres, Halflings and Goblins. Best are the ones at the top of the table, but this is a lot more subjective. It is affected by the type of league you are playing, and the TV. Obvious one is Chaos at 1000 TV hopeless, Chaos at 2000 TV excellent, but some teams can be really good against certain opponents and terrible against others too.

Edit: You have not said whether you playing computer version, or Tabletop. If computer, pick a team you think will be fun and if you don't like them you can always change it. TT I guess emphasise more what you like thematically. If you are playing a team that few other people play then that can be a big advantage by the way. Khemri for example are not considered a top team, but a lot of people have no clue how to deal with them.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    There are not really best or worst but less and more easier to play team. They are usually split up into 3 tiers, 1 being easier than others and 3 is the hardest.

Tier 1: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elves, Dwarf, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves
    Tier 2: Brets, Chaos, Human, High Elves, Khemri, Kislev, Nurgle, Pro Elves, Underworld, Vamps
    Tier 3: Halflings, Goblins, Ogres

And as you mentioned there is an RNG involved, so everything can happen. You may have 2000 TV Chaos team to be reduced to rubble in one really expected to be an unremarkable match and that would be that. Trust me, I have experienced it. So, as @Ravers mentioned for PC version just pick a team you'd think you'll have fun to play with and take it halfheartedly.

After all it is only a game.

Or so you think. :D

4. Runferurlife

Runferurlife New Member

Country Flag:
    Awesome replies. I did not even thing about specifying if I were doing tabletop or computer. I have the computer version and am loving it! I am still going through the campaign (approx. 65% complete) and am learning A LOT! One of the best campaign/tutorials I have every experienced. I really want to just jump into a league but I would probably sell myself short on some knowledge of the teams if I didn't finish the campaign.

From the looks of it I will probably try out a Tier 2 team. I see there are tons of leagues out there but still have to do the research about how it all works. See you guys out there!

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Here's some more stats from different league environments, https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/race-winning-stats.5740/ The tiers really only work for tournaments at or around TV1000, Chaos, HE and Nurgle in particular are definitely not tier 2 at high TV, while Norse and Zons are maybe not quite tier 1 at those levels.

6. chakkal2001

chakkal2001 Active Member

Country Flag:
    This question has been answered several times.
    Worst race is whatever you are playing at the moment.
    Best race is whatever you are playing against at the moment.

No more no less.

Thanatos, Borke, KevinC and 2 others like this.
  7. TripleSkullDesigns

TripleSkullDesigns New Member

Country Flag:
    You probably want to avoid Ogres, the other stunty teams can just about be managed to some minor success but no matter how many times I have tried I can't do well with Ogres, just seems unless you manage to get a lot of doubles rolls on skill ups they never get close to being good.

I will keep trying to make them work though, as I can't resist the stunty teams.