1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch 2 equally as big slightly crunchier

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by cjblackburn, Sep 30, 2015.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    A non-competitive league? That would be perfect because I am not competitive in every league I am in.

2. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    Hehe my lads would disagree remember our CTALE match? if you can then just recall the beating you delivered :) worst ive had before and since bud lol

3. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    I tested already a bit already with some friends.
    In case of admined games you have slightly more options.
    There is still 2:0, 0:2 concede (no TD SPP anymore) and 0:0 draw, but aditionally you can admine games as 2:1 or 1:2 which gives money and a few SPP to both players.
    If you start a league, never let the admission mode be "free", use the ticket system, it works quite good either way (you can send the invitation tickets yourself or wait for teams to ask for one).
    I think you can still change the admission mode in a round robin league, but i found no possibility for a ladder f.e., everything is soooo unpolished...
    :)

I did not find a way to replace teams so far, too.
    I expelled a team from the league, sent a ticket to another one, but found no way to replace anything. In the schedule the missing team is still in and it shows that game has to be admined.
    Well, if you manage that, please let me know.

Other than that, everything seemed to work on the first look...

4. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Okay, I guess I'll fire up a Skaven team for the BC test if you still need players.

5. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I am in, obviously. I will be making a new team, so if we see a lack of some race, I can play them.

6. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Ok I have created a league

Big Crunch 2 Test

with two separate competitions

Alt test
    reik test

They are for four teams each. If all 10 volunteers turn up I can add another competition (and play myself) so we will could well have an extra place if anyone else fancies it.

So if you can post your team names bellow and your BB2 name (if different) I will send out invitations. Don't forget you can bring an experienced team if you want.

That's all you need for now but I have written some initial thoughts

It is set for 2 mins for now just to allow the games to be quickly. However I can set 4min turns. I can control when the Marketplace opens so I believe we can play without it ever coming on. I can't see a way of exporting tables or stats. I can add admins and writers easily. Ageing can be turned off.

7. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Coach BB2 Name: Regor
    Team Name: Carnival of Doom
    Team: Dwarfs

8. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    Could we turn the marketplace on at some point to see how it works?

9. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    ID: LloydsGamble

Race: High Elves

Team name: Selfless Elfness

10. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    sbr32

Dark elves

Dark pirates

11. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    don't see why not I will turn it on after day 2 so u can buy players for day 3.

12. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    Coach BB2 Name: Kalick
    Team Name: Dyno Bots
    Team: Lizardmen

13. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Coach Mamutas' Dark Elves: Darksiderz.

I volunteer for any open administrative position as well. Sign me up!

14. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Some info posted over on the OCC about administrative options:

http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index.php/topic/23840-bb2-league-management-overview/

The Diet admin team has been going through some testing to make sure we can run a reliable league. As such we've been working out the details on all the league management options. For the benefit of the community, here is an explanation of most of the settings in league management. It's a brief overview. Feel free to ask any questions or fill in any information you might want to add.

Special thanks to RK and Verbal for making this possible. It was entirely a team effort.

I'll go over the structure of it first, and then fill in some of the finer details / FAQ after. Here we go:

Privileges and admins

There are FIVE tiers of admin privilege

1. President:

a. The creator of the league

b. Full control and promotion priveleges

c. Only one that can create, and delete competitions

d. President can transfer ownership of the league to another coach.

2. Admin

a. Can add other admins commissioners and writers, has full access to everything except creating and deleting competitions

b. Admins and presidents are the only ones that can Open or close the player market

c. Admins and pres, only ones that can change competition settings

i. (suspected that they will be able to create competitions in future, as the option is visible for admins but not commissioners and lower)

d. Admins and pres, only ones who can change competition rewards (even after start of competition, hence the competition reward can be changed up until the closing of the competition)

3. League Commissioner (just listed as commissioner)

a. Essentially a competition commissioner for all competitions within league automatically.

b. Can approve admissions to competition / give tickets / invites

c. Can validate, reset, concede, draw, or win matches.

i. Note; the option for concede is different to win/lose outcomes

d. Can Start and close competitions, and progress match days (start and close =/= create and delete.)

e. CANNOT invite other commissioners or admins or writers etc.

4. Competition Commissioner

a. The same as a league commissioner except only has authority in the specific competition they have been created in.

5. Writer

a. Can update message boards / message of the day

b. Nothing else

c. Basically a slave

d. Still loved by admins, commissioners and the president <3

Joining methods for leagues and competitions

Three methods exist for joining priveleges, they are competition specific, not league specific.

1. Free (anyone can join)

a. Select team not in a league

b. Find a league

c. Navigate to the competition you want to join within that league

d. Hit register

e. Done. You are now in that competition

2. Validation by Admin

a. Find league

b. Navigate to the competition you want to join

c. Hit register

d. Wait for admin to approve your request to join competition

i. This grants you a “ticket” to that competition

e. After admin approval, select team that has been approved

f. Select “use ticket”

g. Team is now part of the competition.

3. Invitation only

a. Wait for admin invite you to join competition, granting you ticket for that specific competition.

b. Select team admin has invited

c. Select use ticket

d. Team now part of specified competition.

Competition and league settings and options

Competition settings

**note; as soon as an competition commissioner or higher ‘starts’ the competition, the competition settings, cannot be changed by –anyone-. Not even the president.

1. Registration fee? (cyans)

a. Must be set at competition creation point. Cannot be changed after creation.

2. Turn times?

a. Competition option

b. Can be changed after creation

3. Kick off events?

a. Competition option, can be changed after creation.

Competition options

1. Competition rewards

a. Competition option, can be changed at any time during a competition. Even at the very end, and even after the competition has closed/finished (although I am unsure what affect modifying the reward would have on a closed competition, as rewards have already been issued at this point.)

League settings and options

1. Ageing

a. Appears that it Can be changed, even while competitions running. (have not confirmed with evidence, just that it is toggleable)

2. New teams only?

a. League option only, cannot be changed after league creation.

1. Marketplace

a. League wide option, can only be opened or closed. This can only occur when no competitions within that league are currently running.

FAQ / definitions;

What are competitions and leagues/ their differences?

A league is the staging area that holds competitions. A competition is one groups set of matches. Relating it to OCC proper, Tier 6 is the league, Division 6A is a competition. A league can hold many competitions. The Maximum number of active competitions any 1 league can have, is 8 competitions. This does not include completed competitions.

Competition rewards and prizes

Within a specific competition you can set what reward will go to what positions when the competition ends. This reward can be a ticket to another competition (within the same league only) OR it can be cyans.

What are tickets?

Tickets can be thought of like passwords. They are competition specific. Meaning a ticket is only valid for the specific competition which it is issued. You can use it only with the team it was given to, to join the competition written on the ticket.

What are Cyans?

Cyans are in game coach currency (not team bank). They are used to join certain competitions. You earn them by leveling up as a coach (which happens by playing games). They can also be earned as a prize / reward for winning a competition.

What about players that mid competition? Will all games have to be adminned results?

In Short, maybe. if a player leaves a competition that has already started / is running, they can be replaced. Once a player accepts/uses their ticket (approval grants a ticket), they automatically take the spot of the person left (don’t know which spot if more than 1 left, probably random or most recent spot) That team takes on the win loss record of the leaving team. However, 2 issues frustrate this; There must be a coach willing to take the spot, and currently, the expel coach from competition option is not working, and the original coach must leave the competition. Otherwise, future results will be adminned.

Planned Future work:

• I will be doing up an advanced competitions section in the future covering the different types, knock out, round robin, ladder, and then the match day options. (A single match day can even be best of 3 for example).
    • I will be doing a short walk through on how to sign up to the league for new players as well.

15. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I'm also interested. notafunhater in BB2 as well.

16. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    thats brilliant Nota. It answers alot of questions and also saves me having to communicate all our options to the community.

Nota can you provide a team name and I can send out an invitation please.

8 is a handy number for competitions as I have long believed that 7 divisions might be the ideal set up for the BC. Ideally we will start with 5 this time but if there is the interest we could try and get up to 7 after a couple of seasons.

Mamutas your in. Will make you an admin. If anyone else wants in as a admin I want to try creating one after round 1.

17. Antonis

Antonis Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Coach BB2 Name: Antonis
    Team Name: Skaven of Blitz
    Team: Skaven

18. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    I'm interested, but for the community's sake i'll not try and get in on this as my play times are a bit weird (2:30 PM GMT on weekdays, or 2 AM GMT on some select days - and that's about it without a lot of bargaining of kid watching times between my wife and I). If you need another coach, i'll give it a shot and do what i can to make it work for a season and re-evaluate my situation after a season. Let me know.

19. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Regor, Lloyds, sbr and Kalick you have been invited to Alt test.

Mamutas I have added you as a commisioner.

I will send invites out for Nordland when I have 4 teams.

20. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    I finally made it to AltDwarf!