1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch 2 : MD7 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Ging, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Post 'em here!

(Can't believe there isn't a MD7 thread up already?!)

2. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Averland

(overLORDY) Citrus Raiders 0 - 2 Elite Copse (Ging)

The nurgle Raiders induced a Wiz + Babe + Bribe and chose to kickoff.

Being wary of the Wiz as well as the Distrubing Presence I switched sides once and then scored on T5, 0-1.
    Although that was not before I forgot that Leap still needs to check the Tentacles roll - think I was getting that confused with Diving Tackle, which is not done when an opponent attempts to Leap away. :oops:

Think I had an 8 v 10 advantage at the restart, with the Raiders being unfortunate with their KO rolls, which made it hard for them to make too much progress and stayed at 0-1 at HT.

It was again 8 v 10 at the start of the 2nd half.
    A short wide kick from my elves split the Raiders into two groups, with a cage forming ready for the AG4 pestigor to get the ball into.
    He picked up the ball, but then snake-eyed the 2nd GFI which left the ball in 2 nurgle TZs.
    We cleared 1 TZ, then the WD made the 3+ pickup, 2+ Leap, and two GFIs to get the ball deep into the Raiders half.
    The ST6 Beast of Nurgle blitzed my screen, but only got :pushback::pushback::pushback: which meant he couldn't follow up and then needed both GFIs to get his tentacles onto my ball carrying WD... and of course nuffle ensured he rolled a 1 on the final GFI, and subsequently failed the loner roll. :rolleyes:
    Next turn we ran in the score, 0-2.

Final drive was 10 v 11, this time we kicked deeper.
    The AG4 pestigor managed to snake-eye his pickup, but we had no-one in range, and I wasn't going to start risking too much at this point.
    Next turn the Raiders get the ball up to LoS, but it all gets a bit clogged up and despite a Fireball taking down 1 in 3 of my players at the sideline the remaining turns are just a few hits either side around midfield, and the match finished 0-2.

Thanks for the getting the game arranged @OverLORDY, although I know you didn't enjoy the dice too much.
    Keep plugging away with the Nurgle, they will get better with time and you already have a few impressive players to drive the team on with.

TwoScoops likes this.
  3. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    Cunning Calculators go 1-0 over Disciples of Life coached by @cjblackburn

Picked up a wizard with the inducements, and then played the game in the rain. Managed to do some silliness involving a failed pass to switch flanks on the Nurgle, and while they managed to catch up with a few players after the turnover, they couldn't get my ball handler locked down, and I get into the endzone to go up 1-0. A lot of dice had to go my way, especially when I lose some players when I was losing the Guard war anyway, but I do well enough anyway.

Second half, cjblackburn has decided to grind out a draw, despite being up about 5 players at that point, because it's raining and I still have my wizard, so getting a win would be difficult anyway. I get off a good fireball, taking out two players, including the ball handler. While the scatter goes out of my range, the Nurgle fail the pickup in the rain 3 time in a row, so I hold on for the win.

4. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    @Norsixa ## RebornUndeadians 1 - 1 Wurth├╝gel Wardens ## @Ilgoth

Web-replay

Norsixa got one extra RR as an inducement for this one. My offensive drive never worked out, kick-off event stunning my blitzer and both down on my ogre melted my LoS and ball was soon amidst of most of the players. One scatter and lucky catch from Wight got Norsixa chance to score and he succeeded.

Second half I on the other hand got lucky, when undead ball carrier failed the dodge twice. This gave me the chance to contest the ball, and I also managed to pick-up the ball. After couple of turns fist-dancing, I got the game even on my turn 15.

Im pretty lucky as this game was very block-heavy, and only one injury (MNG on lineman). Also managed to concentrate SPP on my 2nd thrower (+4SPP in this match), and my new blitzer got 2 for causing an injury. MPV went for a lineman who leveled up.

My season is 3-1-3, which is easily the best season ever for me in Big Crunch 2. Season been bit rough though, I've lost 3 blitzers during the season, but lucky treasury rolls have given me the chance to replace. Human team looking good so far, hopefully I am able to develop it without further big losses.

TwoScoops likes this.
  5. Zoraster

Zoraster Active Member

Country Flag:
    2 Namby 2 Pambies 0-2 Draconian Drones in Nuln.

My Drones wrap up an instant return to their Reikland spawning grounds where they began life last season. It was one of those games where you really didn't have to do much to get the result, just your big moments and the oppositions bad concatenated perfectly to transform game position. This one turned in the middle of the first half after a few turns of shadow boxing. The high elfs got a bit impatient and opted to push their MB piece deep into our half after his blitz and tie up a couple of our players in front of the cage with the Prince. This proved a horrible mistake as a rare bit of powerful Drone punching saw Prince Moranion CASed out, removing the only wrestle and tackle on the high elf roster and wasting the majority of their inducement spend. To add to the blow the MB blitzer got KOed. Now struggling for the numbers to both screen and penetrate Pambies began to get bogged down, had to trust in blodge to protect from a one dice blitz and then had the killer moment after the Drones went contact... the dreaded early snake. They had at least already blocked away the player in contact with the ball but my guard meant they were hopelessly exposed to the wrestle frenzy blitz. A classic case off snaking at the worst possible moment.

I had one really good turn in the game that allowed the Drones to push into scoring range after having to make either a terrible blitz into a frenzy trap needing at least a push or a 3+ dodge to make a two dice blitz that had to get a pow or stumbles. We opted for the witch blitz and lucked out with the pow, followed by a faultless turn to get a pretty solid position. The Pambies responded with a big turn of their own, and managed to free the ball but the small things kept going the Drones way... this time we were able to get a perfect scatter to leave us a relatively easy 80% shot at the lead and probably decisive defensive score.

It wasn't a perfect outing for us... a week after the death of his book series partner Mike Jackson Rupert Psmith was violently fouled late in the first half, suffering a serious concussion. Already at AV7 I did consider apothing this given my team is still lacking core skills and he is just 2 spp away from being my first blodge ss or tackle blitzer, but probably it was the right call to let him go with a half to play and the mighty blow blitzer still in the game pending KO result. Naturally we didn't suffer another CAS but an AV7 blitzer was going to need to be replaced sooner or later and this is the ideal time with two dead rubbers to try and get him blodged up at least.

TwoScoops likes this.
  6. Boneraker

Boneraker Member

Steam Username:
    Boneraker
    Cyanide Username:
    Boneraker
    Country Flag:
    Boneraker VS @ManBearPig
    Malevolent Creations 2 VS 1 Pants Off Dance Off

What can I say? Sometimes Blood Bowl is all about the dice wether we like it or not. A string of ones from the outset put Man Bear Pig on the back foot allowing me to score pretty easily in the 2nd half with help from an intercepting zombie who thought he was an elf. Some amazing dodging from a slippery Wardancer allowed him to score back on me in the two turns before half time. Unfortunately for MBP Nuffle wasn't finished frowning upon him and the bad luck continued into the 2nd half. A one dice POW on the block/dodge ball carrier from my werewolf pretty much says it all. I was going to tell MBP that "At least no one died" at the end of the game but in my 2nd last block and dice roll for the game a liner was slain by a zombie hit - though the apo did patch him up.

Better luck for the future MBP. Can't get much worse.

7. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    @stephB -versus- @notorious noob, finished 3-1 to the nasty dark elves. My usual match report isn't worth it as this is the first game in a long time I played badly and the game was over before half time. I made 2 dumb mistakes (blaming it on not playing BB2 for 2 weeks, been addicteded to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) and NN punished them ruthlessly as you would expect of a great player. The dice rolls were not really a factor we both rarely used them and actually finished the game with 5 RR each. The only RR I remember using was on a failed duantless with my killer on his monster str 5 blitzer, the duantless worked second time but i dub skulled, that ogre is blessed!!

GG man, I hope to give you a more competitive game next season, assuming I stay up! ;)

8. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    The Real Wyrmwood (really wish I'd just called them Hagpox) pulled off a 1-1 tie against Greenbear's Infected Bear in an interesting undeveloped Nurgle vs undeveloped Nurgle match. He won the coin flip and chose to receive, and was able to mobfoul Gorbo for a few turns before the beast was KOed -- meanwhile slowly moving the ball down the pitch to finally score near the end of the half.

Wyrmwood retaliated with a punishing opening turn that removed three of the Infected Bear players from the pitch; still, Greenbear's positioning was great and it was only through dumb luck (I was dumb enough to forget that DP messed with handoffs and lucky enough to pull off the 6 roll needed to do so) that I was able to move past the wall of infected bears and score near the end of the match (pausing a bit to try to get some injury SPP on my warriors and pesties).

All in all a satisfying match for a tie as I got my Leader pestie (former skaven thrower Churr of the Glowing Rift) to level 2 and gave him Wrestle.

9. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Forgot to post this, Altdwarf saw my Norse go up against Dark Elves for the 3rd time this season, and we recorded our third loss, 1:0 to @zaz-75 .

Crazy match, I received but by my turn 4 I think I was down to 6 players and had lost the ball from some bad play and some bad dice. Things were looking very bleak so I unleashed a desperation fireball on 3 elves, knocking down the carrier and injuring off the Agi 6 Witch. Same turn we got 2 more cas but could not stop the elves from stalling and scoring end of the half.

Teams came out for the 2nd half, 7 Norse facing off vs the receiving 6 Elves. Rock from the kick off made that 6 vs 6 as my Str 4 lino got KO'd. By now I was just blitzing with my yeti every turn, and we traded removals. I stopped the elves but by the end there were only 2 Norse (both my blodgestep runners) on the field vs 3 remaining Elves:). Crazy game Zaz, all the best, but alas it looks like we will both be relegated.

zaz-75 likes this.
  10. zaz-75

zaz-75 Member

Steam Username:
    zaz 75
    Cyanide Username:
    Zaz75
    Country Flag:
    haha yea, crezy game indeed, very fun also, my team probably rest next season, i have a lot of trouble this season sheduling matches due to my shorts windows to play this game.
    best of luck for you.

Ravers likes this.