1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch 2 Rules

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by cjblackburn, Jan 4, 2016.

1. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Why are we still talking about it? o_O

2. FatZomby

FatZomby Member

Steam Username:
    FatZomby
    Cyanide Username:
    FatZomby
    Country Flag:
    I very much agree with you that a team already that low blowing out their bank on inducements (outside of little guy teams) is a poorly made decision. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. And when it does, hopefully you can make that team regret their decision!

Either way (or example), I personally think that this rule is not needed.

Now, the discussion is over.... lol.

c how I ended it. it was at the end of what I had to say and not at the beginning.... just kidding and giving ya a little ribbin'. This discussion is over though as this topic was in another thread.

If rules are to be incorporated in a league setting that are outside of the normal (ie: forfeits, scheduling, etc...being the normal), then perhaps having a different league that runs alongside of the main might be an option....if just to see how many are interested...

I ran a tabletop league for a while that played somewhat similar to the NFL in regards to most things. There was drafting, limitations, signing free agents, etc... Of course, that had a few house rules such as banked monies could only be used to buy players for your team or RR's, apo's...whatever upgrades for your team. But banked or any "free monies" could not be used to buy inducements. Along with that though, teams could only have a certain tv level at the start of the season and could only pass that with players skills earnings. There were some other rules too to help out the free agency aspect too. Along with things.

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Just notifying people that the post I was about to write was not worth reading. Doesn't mean I wasn't going to write it, but I can\t recommend reading it :)

Orielensis likes this.
  4. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    I forgot how promotions/delegations interact with players taking a break/refilling.

Can one of the admins post up what usually happens?

As I didn’t qualify for promotion by right this season (came 5th in Nuln, but only top 4 are promoted), however I see there are a lot of rerolls /breaks in altdwarf/reikland so am curious if I’ll wind up getting promoted anyway.

5. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    From the first post of this thread:
    "v) Once a team has returned the admin staff will try to ensure that the team is placed in a suitable tier (based on their previous placement). However current teams will take precedence and no one will return in tier 1."

In short, there is lots of handwaving and the admins discuss amongst them about the returning teams. They attempt to place teams in a suitable division. For example, a monster team that was in Tier 1 before having to take a break, and then returning a couple seasons later, would be very unfair in Tier 3 or 4.

To make it even shorter: Have faith the admins will do their best to make fair decissions, because they really do their best.

6. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Basically all leaving teams are pushed down to the bottom of the standings in each division. Normally there are two ways to get promoted from 5th someone in your division drops or a bonus promotion due to lack of numbers in a higher tier. The second one does happen but not often. However this season with have a number of returning teams from tier 2 who have priority so they are likely to take these bonus promotions. At some point we will have to formulate a policy regarding multiple returning teams and where they are placed as this is the first time we have had multiple returning at the same time that I can remember.

So you would get promoted if one of the four coaches ahead of you in Nuln drops but a bonus promotion is highly unlikely this season.

7. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    This season we have updated the rules for standings with the addition of Match Result after Touchdown Difference and Touchdown Scored. Also a tie after all other tiebreakers but before coin toss at the top of AltDwarf will see joint champions not a coin toss.

We have taken the rules requiring Statsgrabber out as well.

Rankings will go from

Rankings:

16) Where eligibility for promotion or demotions the ranking will be calculated using the following.

a) Rankings are determined by the awarding of points based on the result of each match played. 3 points for the winning team in a match, 1 point for both teams in a draw and 0 points for the losing team in a match.

b) Where rankings are equivalent by points, teams are further distinguished by touchdown difference, this being the total number of touchdowns scored by the team, less the total number of touchdowns concede by the team.

i) Where rankings are provided using touchdown difference, touchdowns arising from administered results are included as they are representational of result as applied by the league commissioner.

c) Where rankings are equivalent by points and touchdown difference, the total touchdowns scored shall determine ranking.

d) Where rankings are equivalent by points, touchdown difference and total touchdowns, ranking shall be determined by random dice roll performed by the league commissioner

To

Rankings:

16) Where eligibility for promotion or demotions the ranking will be calculated using the following.

a) Rankings are determined by the awarding of points based on the result of each match played. 3 points for the winning team in a match, 1 point for both teams in a draw and 0 points for the losing team in a match.

b) Where rankings are equivalent by points, teams are further distinguished by touchdown difference, this being the total number of touchdowns scored by the team, less the total number of touchdowns concede by the team.

i) Where rankings are provided using touchdown difference, touchdowns arising from administered results are included as they are representational of result as applied by the league commissioner.

c) Where rankings are equivalent by points and touchdown difference, the total touchdowns scored shall determine ranking.

d) Where rankings are equivalent by points, touchdown difference and total touchdowns then the match result of the tied teams will be used with the winner going above the loser.

f) Where rankings are equivalent by points, touchdown difference, total touchdowns and match result shall be determined by random dice roll performed by the league commissioner

g) Furthermore if the overall championship comes down to a coin toss the coin toss will not take place and the tied teams will be declared joint champions.

I will also delete all requirements to use stats grabber. which are below.

Statistics

24) A replay from each completed match must be uploaded to the appropriate match day, league, season and division within BB2StatsGrabber on completion of the match prior to the validation of the match result by the league commissioner and administration team.

a) The responsibility to upload the replay lies with the match winner.

b) In the event of a draw, both players are responsible for agreeing the party to upload the replay and ensuring that this occurs.

c) In all cases both parties are responsible for notifying the league commissioner and administration team should the uploaded BB2StatsGrabber result not reflect the true result of the match as played.

d) Any attempt to achieve the validation of an incorrect match result through the alteration, falsification or other deliberate misstatement of the result in game, in communication with the administration team or through the BB2StatsGrabber result process shall face immediate sanction.

25) BB2StatsGrabber is a tool that gathers statistics and info from Blood Bowl 2 replay files. This allows you to see some basic luck and risk numbers from your games, but more importantly tracks teams records, league standings and player statistics through the league season (and potentially beyond). Starting in Season 2 the use of BB2StatsGrabber will be mandatory in the Big Crunch 2 league. At least one player from each game will need to upload the replay file.

For season standings will be determined separately.

Installing BB2StatsGrabber:

Go to this page and Download and Install the most recent version (highest number).

Uploading Replays:

After playing your Blood Bowl 2 game, open the BB2StatsGrabber program and you will see this screen

[​IMG]

but it will have an Upload Game/Replay Button where the current View Game button is. Just click the upload button and the StatsGrabber program will upload the replay and find the proper league and everything on its own. Your responsibilities are finished!! Nice job!!

Using BB2StatsGrabber:

The program, even in its developmental state has quite a bit to offer.

On the far left is a list of all of the leagues that have at least one replay uploaded (with the leagues you have uploaded games to at the top). The mid-screen will show all of the games uploaded to the selected league, with a button to View the stats from that particular game. The Disable button will disable that replay from counting towards the totals for the league. No one besides an Admin should be pressing this button (or the Create Manual Game button up top). As of now no replay files are ever deleted, so it is just one click to restore the game file so it is more annoying and unnecessary than harmful.

Just below the League Name in the center of the screen is the View League Stats button, this will open an internet brower page that will show League Standings, Records and Stats from the chosen league.

[​IMG]

You can click on any of the team names to view the current status of that team. Clicking the Date/Time link under Games Played will let you see the stats from any of the uploaded games' Mordrek has even recently added a Web-Replay feature that lets you watch a replay of any of the uploaded games in a new browser window. The Stats list and Pie Chart have drop down menus to view other categories.

Orielensis and EvilSmoothie like this.
  8. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    The very first line needs updating, we are 9 divisions in 4 timers, not 5 divisons

9. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    Hi, is there a way to see up to date Big Crunch 2 Season 15 league and match information online outside BB2 client? As of now bb2leaguemanager.com only seems to have S14 data.

10. EvilSmoothie

EvilSmoothie Active Member

Steam Username:
    EvilSmoothie
    Country Flag:
    There's our own standings site: http://bc2standings.eu
    Also BB2leaguemanager should get up to date.... any minute now.... (it has been asked since the start of the season)

11. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

12. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I asked for it before season launched, but Doneagle wants to add me as beta tester for BB2LM admin tools, so I am waiting for rights to do it myself.