TwoScoops

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
MSG Musculo
Cyanide Username
TwoScoops
Country Flag
Crimson Calamity 2 - 2 Khornese Kitchen: Averland

In what was easily the most enjoyable match of the season for me, my Chaos squad went up against @Sataric's Dark Elves, who have more or less dominated the entire division this season right beside @Ging's Wood Elves - neither team having suffered a loss all season long. After Ging handed me my only loss of the season back in MD2, and knowing what elves can do, I had been quietly dreading this match-up all season long. In the previous weeks, I had watched with mounting horror at this team develop, and by the time I faced them yesterday Sataric had FOUR Agi 5 players, two of them with leap, and one of them with Guard - Yikes! With another wrestling line-elf with guard as well, I was not holding out much hope of winning this match-up.

I ended up being down by 90 TV, even with a bank of 220K, and so induced a wizard and a bribe, ponying up the extra cash as a loss could have jeopardized my chances at promotion next season. Sataric chose to spend some of his own bank to (wisely) induce an extra apo.

I won the toss and elected to kick, hoping to either force Sataric into an early score and try for the 2-1 grind or, even better, get a shot at taking out some of the leaping/guarding/AGI5 on the field before I took a shot at going on offense. First turn saw an unskilled BM KO'ed and a block CW stunned on the LOS. The elves formed up and flooded one side of the field, basing my two BM on that side, while protecting the ball out of reach. I answered by opting to blitz an exposed WE with my Claw POMB'ing BM and KO'ed her - 10 men each. With 8 elves in base-contact with my Chaos, Sataric chose to run in a score on his Turn 2.

The next kick-off saw my KO wake up while his WE did not. Lucky me! Sataric's kick was aimed right at my Wrodge/tackle BM, who caught it! Really wanting to get this to my AGI4 BC BM, I formed up an anti-leaping (the cool kids are calling it a 'Venga-bus' - so I will to moving forward) cage around the wrestler, with the AGI4 beast on a corner, and fouling a blodging line-elf for a stun with my DP. Next turn saw the AGI5 leaper with guard and the other leaper jump in and get a wrestle result on my BC on a 1D, dropping it into 2 Chaos TZ's. Lucky for me Sataric wasn't in a position to really capitalize, and the next turn ended up with the ball there and the Elves moving into a sligtly better position to grab it next turn. I then chose to charge in with my CLAWPOMB'er to hit his Guard leaper, getting an initial both down. Really wanting to get an early removal on this piece, I chose to RR it, and got the POW and an MNG! Sataric chose not to APO him and so I was rewarded by nuffle with the CAS.

However, in my euphoria, I totally forgot I had used my RR that turn and didn't position properly for the protection of the (inevitable) 1 on a 2+ pickup from my AGI4 BM. This resulted in the ball bouncing forward into 3 Chaos TZ's and two DE TZ's. After taking down two of my pieces, it was an easy pickup for his AGI5 blodger, who handed off twice to move the ball within a few squares of my end-zone with his kicker on the sideline. At the start of my turn, given that I had a chance of a throw in and also given that my killer BM may be in range of a bounce the other way, I decided to go for it and Zap the kicker with my wizard - resulting in Death!!! Sataric did use his first apo here, returning the kicker to the sideline but now leaving the ball on the ground within reach of my CLAWPOMB'er. However, now seeing that he only had one piece in range of a pickup, I opted instead to CLAWPOMB that piece (an AGI5 runner), but having to use my second RR on a dub-skull. However, I was rewarded with a stun. I then ran my AGI 4 BM back towards the ball, moved several other pieces around to help screen/protect, threw a couple of blocks (for another stun), and threw a foul onto the AGI5 runner to no effect.

T5 (the next turn) sees both of our sides spread out all over the damn place on my half of the field, me having several pieces in a somewhat weak screen trying to protect my AGI4 BM with the ball who couldn't really make it far after the pickup. Having only 4 turns left in the half, I choose to keep my MB/Block/Tackle CW based on a line-elf just across midfield, and run my jumping BM into Sataric's half of the field as a potential scoring threat. Fortunately he really only had a couple of pieces who were in position to make a play on the ball and ended up getting snake-eyes on a dodge in, failing a Pro RR, to end his turn, leaving one AGI5 elf in contact with my BC. This left me open to run up-field a bit, clearing the way and caging up just behind center field. I was also able to dodge out my jumper scoring threat from his mark and run downfield and toward the side of the field where the ball was. Sataric responded by re-marking the scoring threat, setting up a weak screen in front of the cage, and making the 4+ dodge into my cage to get a POW on a 1D against the BC - super annoying but good play by him! I get a pretty good bounce up against the sideline though and forward one square. I then was able to push a screening line-elf out of the way and get my BC in a pretty lame half-cage against the sideline with a Guard CW and two other CW helping protect. I also was able to dodge out my scorer yet again to get closer to the end-zone. Sataric attempted to get a 1D on one o the CW protecting the ball before blitzing the BC, but got a :SKULL: :SKULL: result after burning a RR. I was then able to get the necessary push on the remaining line elf blocking the way, blitzed my scoring threat's mark down with my jumper and ran him into the end-zone. Then I made 2 GFI's and the 3+ 3+ for the ensuing pass/catch to tie it up 1-1! Exciting half.

Sataric's KO'ed WE came back for the second half, and both teams still had 11 men on the field. I formed up a Venga bus, with my Guard CW in the center, around a short kick again. After some re-positioning/jostling, the elves do their thing yet again, this time making the 4+ doge in to get a defender stumbles on a 1D, leaving the ball open for a leap/grab/dodge/pass out combo to see the ball yet again protected in the elven back-field. Son-of-a-bitch! Sataric then gets four pieces in scoring range. I mark up three and CLAWPOMB the AGI5 Leaper, getting a BH on the PO and removing him from the game (no apo used). Sataric decides to go ahead and score next turn, leaving me 4 turns to respond for a draw...except that a riot gives me an extra turn on the kickoff!

This time, both teams still have 11 men on the field, with Sataric's bench now replacing his two injuries. He kicks deep and I end up getting 3 removals on the LOS - KO on the guard/wrestler, death on one lineman, and I then foul out his third!!! The remainder of the match just sees me march up-field with a 3 man advantage, having taken out both of the elven leapers and guard pieces, there really wasn't a whole lot Sataric could do to prevent the score at that point. I also set up a significant strength/guard advantage on the LOS to prevent a 1-turn attempt, which Sataric didn't really try for given the difficulty there.

GG to you Sataric - thanks for an extremely challenging game! Best of luck in the final match of the season and hope to see you in T2 again next season!

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
The disciples throw caution to the wind in turn 16 pick the ball up needing a 6 and dodge away for a TD. However weak play against a wizard and an inability to pick up the ball meant we were already 2 0 down at half time. Which means we are probably not going up this season.

Oh my Killer managed to kill himself on a both down to take the ball carrier down, as I was also out bashed up till the very end. But that will serve me right for not protecting the ball better.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Von Blitzers 1 (Orc) - Desecrators 2 (Chaos)

Going into the game against @SlyAnimal needing a win to have any chance of staying in Altdwarf, I got off to a great start, winning the toss! Against chaos that was pretty vital if I was going to have any chance of winning the bash war. I elected to receive and the kick off was a riot, so 7 turns to bash my way up field to score. I managed to get two injuries in the first turn (rookie goat and niggled warrior) and started making steady progress up field, although his CLPOMBer was in great form causing 2 injuries (1 BH appo’d) and a KO. I managed to stall a little bit but was pretty much forced to score on turn 6 giving him a chance for a 2 turn reply. I was thinking I would be players up due to my KO coming back, however the Sweltering heat interfered and screwed me, taking 3 players out the game, none of his wanted a tan! He managed to score in the 2 turns 1-1 at the half.

The Sweltering heat again took two of my players and none of his and his KO game back, so the 2nd half was a non-event with him grinding me down and scoring on the last turn. I didn’t make it easy and got two further injuries and did managed to sack the ball once, but the claw took its toll with another injury and countless KOs. I did technically win the bash war, but the weather had other ideas about who had the chance to win the game.

GG @SlyAnimal probably thankful for being relegated as I don’t want to face that team again any time soon! ;)

TBarb

Star Player
Steam Username
TBarbaren
Country Flag
90´s Mixed Tape vs Cunning Calculators 0-1
Sudonym backstabbed me by kicking his mino minutes before kick off, giving him enough Petty Cash to buy a wizard, as it turned out it was Gandalf.
The oppo kicked and Mixed Tape pushed slowly forward, not getting any break mostly due to really good defence from the Calculators. Without shame I went hunting the beastman with a niggeling injury and managed to get him into the injury box - and more important Mr Loverman finally got to 6SPP.
Turn 7 I managed to get a small opening and a beastman made a run for the endzone - just to have Nuffle laugh me in the face when the snake eyes came up on the GFI. And yes I know some of you are shaking your heads and others are yelling - NEVER USE GFI, YOU TWAT! - but the way I was thinking was that it was either GFI or a lightning bolt heading my way.
Calcualtors then tried som elfbullshit with tons of dice rolls but failed on the catch.
Second half and we desperatly tired to put up a defensive line - then Gandalf stepped up with a fire ball that got 2 of my players BH and a couple knocked over.
Calcualtors could then score with ease.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
GG @SlyAnimal probably thankful for being relegated as I don’t want to face that team again any time soon! ;)

From what I gather, Cram and possibly 1 other team are likely rerolling/retiring. So if you can win your match next week, you'll have a solid shot of remaining in Altdwarf (Depending on other results).

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
From what I gather, Cram and possibly 1 other team are likely rerolling/retiring. So if you can win your match next week, you'll have a solid shot of remaining in Altdwarf (Depending on other results).
Well considering that game is against the league leader and most experienced Altdwarf team, my days are numbered! ;)

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well considering that game is against the league leader and most experienced Altdwarf team, my days are numbered! ;)
Lets add that NN didnt decided that if he going to rr or staying so maybe all of us can be happy =P

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Lets add that NN didnt decided that if he going to rr or staying so maybe all of us can be happy =P
Cram and Jeliel are definitely taking a break, I didn't know NN was even considering it.

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Cram and Jeliel are definitely taking a break, I didn't know NN was even considering it.

Undecided but the team is rather beat up so mostly considering a RR, not so much taking a break.

And just play the game, you have a fair shot at winning that game.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
1:1 in the Altdwarf match up between my Norse & @Veggente85 woodies. We each scored on each others drive. Close game which I nearly threw away stalling at the end and rolling double skulls on a frenzy blitz to free my carrier, thankfully the RR was a push and then got double both downs to allow the run in. GG Veggente.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Undecided but the team is rather beat up so mostly considering a RR, not so much taking a break.

And just play the game, you have a fair shot at winning that game.
You don't need to worry about me not trying, staying in Altdwarf is still me aim! :)

toastguy7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
The Count of Montecristoast
Country Flag
The disciples throw caution to the wind in turn 16 pick the ball up needing a 6 and dodge away for a TD. However weak play against a wizard and an inability to pick up the ball meant we were already 2 0 down at half time. Which means we are probably not going up this season.

Oh my Killer managed to kill himself on a both down to take the ball carrier down, as I was also out bashed up till the very end. But that will serve me right for not protecting the ball better.

He regenned at least, did he not?

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
So your in favour of me RR, well nobody wants me in Altdorf :(

Altdwarf would lose a huge amount of talent if both you and Cram decided to reroll. So if you do decide to reroll, you'll have to make sure that you get back to the top quickly. But hopefully you'll stay, particularly as unless you've lost even more players recently, your team still seemed very solid to me (And in general, I think that we've all taken a lot of casualties this season, so your team isn't the only one to be trimmed substantially).

Martin ScoresEasy

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chickenfish
Country Flag
@Corkir's Multiverse Marauders (Wood Elves) 0 - 2 Martin Scoreseasy's Boring Ol' Orcs (Orcs, surprisingly)
I bought a bribe from my actual money, Corkir bought a babe with petty cash, and I chose to receive. The tone of the match was set with the crowd throwing a rock at a rookie Wood Elf lineman, killing him on the spot. I then got 3 more players off the pitch in my first turn, and the rest is basically history. Nuffle kept letting me remove players from the pitch, and Corkir threw two snake-eyes, got a bunch of 2D+RR blocks on my blodging BC and never knocked him down, second half my kickoff landed right near the LoS and I got a blitz to recover it... pretty ridiculous really. I was tired and playing terribly, so owe this game to Nuffle entirely.
This win guarantees me promotion this season, and I rolled a 12 for the Blitzer that I levelled, so this team is hopefully shaping up to do some damage!

gg Corkir, thanks for being such a good sport!

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Averland

(Outragingcat) Deadly Killer Men 1 - 2 Elite Copse (Ging)

My woodies induced a Wiz + merc lino and chose to kick.... and I mistakenly managed to place my kicker in the wide zone :confused:, which was a waste and resulted in a touchback.
Pitch invasion saw 2 chaos and 3 woodies down, and chaos caged the ball down my left flank.
They managed to remove my elves at a steady rate the whole match so I decided to drop the fireball around T4 while we still had enough players close-by to take advantage of it.
2 of the 3 beastmen were knocked down, but not the ball carrier, so we got a 1d strip ball blitz which saw the ball scatter out of play, and was thrown back into the chaos half.
We managed to get a few elves between the chaos players and the ball, and the following turn we managed 3+, 2+ dodges to get to the ball, pick it up and run out of range.
I think we stalled for a turn and scored on T7, to give my KOs an extra chance to return. 0-1.

On the chaos T8 a Thrown Rock kickoff injured a CW on LoS, and then they also had a player sent off for a foul, which I think saw us line up for the second with 10 chaos v 7 woodies.

Blitz! kickoff saw chaos put some pressure on my elves and their player removal continued to be relentless, I think we only had 4 elves + the tree left by T11.
However, we managed to roll some good dodge dice when needed, and also knocked down and CAS'd a couple of chaos players to give us a little breathing room.
Eventually we got a side-cage in range and were able to wriggle free and score around T12, 0-2.

On the final kickoff Deadly Killer Men then managed to get a receiver in range, but looked like they had got the ball bogged down on the other flank.
However on T16 my wardancer double-skulled his blitz and that left a chance for the chaos to break through, which they did.
A couple of 3+ dodges, followed by 2 GFIs, 3+ pass and catch and Deadly Killer Men had their touchdown, 1-2.

That seemed like a another crazy game for armour & injury rolls.
Somehow my elves came through without a perm injury, although the chaos lost a level 4 beastman who typically rolled dead -> Apo -> dead. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the game @Outragingcat, good luck for your final game of the season.

Last edited: