1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch 8 Decision Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Tyriok

Tyriok Member

Country Flag:
    1 for the Buccaneers! These pirates are a long way from being done :cool:

2. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    1 (most probably, i'm not 100% sure yet)

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    fair enough let us know if u change you mind.

4. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm indecisive, I know, but I'm changing Dead Fusion to a 1. I'm not abandoning them!

5. magnus

magnus Active Member

Country Flag:
    1, ill give the chorfs another season.

6. o8oo Anarch

o8oo Anarch Member

Country Flag:
    Chalk up a big fat 1 for Southwest Voodoo.

7. Hazbot

Hazbot Member

Cyanide Username:
    Hazbot
    Country Flag:
    2 - The Vamps were fun, but far from capable in my inexperienced hands.

8. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Ah balls to it, I've changed my mind again - 1! Sanctuary are definitely a 1!

9. Silfir

Silfir Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfir
    Country Flag:
    3, at least for now...

The Big Crunch is as good of a place to play Blood Bowl in as you can hope for. As the saying goes, "It's not you - it's me."

The mere act of scheduling a match stresses me out a little too much. I get stressed leading up to the match reminding myself not to miss it and thinking about how I would approach the match so I do well etc., enjoy playing the game itself (even if things go poorly), and then I always feel relieved that it's over and that I'm free from commitment again, at least for a while. I think I'm just not into Blood Bowl enough to schedule and play it every week. (Which is not me saying you're all massive nerds and I have too much of a life going on - if it's not Blood Bowl, I'm into an impressive array of other geeky meaningless time-wasting amazingly fun pursuits. I'm a massive nerd, no question, just not as much of a Blood Bowl nerd as I would need to be.)

It's been great fun, and I want to make sure that's the note I leave the league on. I don't want the admins to have to scramble for replacement teams on my behalf, but I also don't want to play Blood Bowl when my heart isn't in it.

(With that said, if a replacement team were required some time during next season, I would volunteer right away. Take away the pressure of long-term planning or wanting to win and the prospect of getting to throw halflings about the field with abandon and crush skulls under their hairy fouling feet, and the rest of it becomes much less daunting.)

10. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    That's perfectly reasonable Sil.

I will put you down on the waiting list as a stunty replacement. However I will say that we will give preference to those who want to join the league properly but there are plenty of situations where they are not suitable.

11. Silfir

Silfir Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfir
    Country Flag:
    Absolutely! I just remembered there was a bit of discontentment as a result of there being only an existing Big Crunch coach available as a stunty coach on short notice, and I wanted to help avoid that.

12. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Want ...... to ..... quit ....... but ............ <gah> ...... can't ........

1. Pixel Mafia

Damn you Big Crunch!!

13. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I can give up the BC whenever I want.

I can you know.

Maybe just one more.

14. Tyriok

Tyriok Member

Country Flag:
    More human comrades for the Pirates!

15. Olive Baboon

Olive Baboon Member

Cyanide Username:
    Big Grudge
    Country Flag:
    Due to my crazy work schedule I have to say 3. Wouldn't be fair to other players that my limited availability would lead to admin decisions. Luckily this situation should last only a couple of months and I should be able to return to Big Crunch later on if there's a free spot.

Thank you all for the games so far. I'll be back :pow:

16. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    1 for the Villains

17. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Well Damn. Does that mean I get promoted since I'm 4th in the teams that remain in Ostland? My team is not ready :/

18. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Off the top of my head I'd say yes but Reikland doesn't look too bad next season (that is before we know where the Altdwarf teams are going). I imagine lots of Merc linemen to hide behind.

19. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Well I only have 9 players on the team at the moment (after just hiring my 4th catcher finally!), so it could get scary for me. I guess we'll see what happens.

20. siggy2021

siggy2021 Member

Cyanide Username:
    siggy2021
    Country Flag:
    I'm sad to say I'm going to pick 3 and take a break from Blood Bowl.

I really don't want to , but I have too many damn hobbies. Between the twitch streaming, which is (very) slowly growing, the D&D campaign I'm playing in, the other D&D campaign I'm getting ready to run, the guitar I just bought and am learning how to play, and Blood Bowl it's gotten to be too much and something has to go. Unfortunately Blood Bowl is the last on my list of things I enjoy doing.

It's been a great 7 seasons. I want to thank the people who helped me learn how to play this dumb game, and maybe one day I'll be back!