1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch MD8 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Feb 3, 2014.

1. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    AltDwarf
    [​IMG]
    Reikland
    [​IMG]
    Nordland
    [​IMG]
    Ostland
    [​IMG]
    Averland
    [​IMG]

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

In pouring rain Street failed the first 3 pickups with reroll so the dwarfs could get to the ball and take it and score, From then on it decayed into mindless violence - so the audience was quite pleased:D

3. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Can confirm the above loss for Skorned, well 1 matchday left to try and get a win for the season.

4. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Why can't We Have Trousers defeats 867-5309 with a score of 2-1.

GG cj, who pulled off the 2-1 grind to perfection. I could not sustain the slow loss of players, tried a turn of aggressive contact, and got completely depitched as a result. Then my new runner got killed by a gang foul. On turn 16 I got the consolation kickoff and inflicted 3 casualties in a row, after failing to inflict anything more tan a KO during the actual body of the game. I also broke the neck of new Chaps, who failed to regen and will now be an Agi 1 Yheti (oh, wait, he already was agi 1 :p). Grats on the win Cj.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  5. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The trousers continue to foul their way to respectability in a 2 1 win of 867 5309. A close first half finished 1 all. Then the boot came down and removed too many players for Aki to handle. GG and I hope you have better luck next season.

6. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    Orciad 0-1 Mary's. The eporcs got some goofy luck at the end and came close to pulling out a draw (if I hadn't kept recounting the GFIs and blocked a blitzer free faster I would have had a decent chance), but a nightmare first half where my AV9 was melting like I've never seen made it an uphill battle from skull's first block on. Anyone know if you take two BHs on the same block (chain push out), does it not offer you the apo for both injuries? I may have missed it but didn't see the one I wanted to use it on. Oh, and just for anyone else who's never wanted to use petty cash before, the timeframe for telling it you want to do so is startlingly short (seemed like 10 or 15 seconds at most). Anyway, one might take that massacre as a sign to reconsider one's declaration of "up yours Nuffle," but I will not be cowed. GG skull, your positioning was solid as ever and left me with little but hero plays turn after turn.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  7. skullashtray

skullashtray Active Member

Country Flag:
    GG landwaker yeah it. Seemed nuffle had it out for you from the beginning and that block chainpush that led to 2cas was crazy

8. magnus

magnus Active Member

Country Flag:
    won over werebat with 2-0

9. Merihim

Merihim Member

Cyanide Username:
    Merihim
    Country Flag:
    Aphotic Plague 0 -Aggravated Nurglary 2

A match in which was so one-sided dice wise that I'm none too proud to say I just hit "end turn" with out playing starting turn 12.

The match started out decently, Where I over-commited contact and 4 FA's in the first 5 turns put my "Murder the Niggled Rotter" plan to shame. I reconciled and fell back. Forcing JR to score on turn 5. Plenty of time to equalize and I receive second half. I can deal with this now that my heads in the game and I'm focused.

I line up, And JR quickly Collapses his ENTIRE line on my rats. Leaving my Sprinter Rat A Handoff Catch, and a Dodge away from Freedom from anyone catching him. Picked up the ball. Hand off. Fail. Reroll, Fail. Damn Rain. My plan goes up in smoke, and to add insult to injury. JR rolls a Rotter up, Makes a 5+ Pick up, a Dodge out, and just BARELY fails the hand-off. The dice proceed to be this way the rest of the game.

I recover, make a risky play, Blitz a NW down with my Rogre, Run a GR over, retrieve the ball, make another hand-off attempt. Failed, Reroll, success! I run the GR up and provide a fairly suitable Screen. 2 Pestigors make 2 Needless GFI's because hey why not. Then a Rotter Double GFI blitzes and Both downs my GR. Exasperated, but still in it. I run the GR to the endzone. I can't Pick up the ball and score, so A Handoff may be neccessary. I make a 4+ Pick up with my SV and get down field. I can reach the endzone. 2 GFIs or 1 GFI and a handoff in the rain. I opt for the 2 GFIs. Make the first, and it looks like my 15/16 SV will level! Nope. Snake eyes the last GFI. No goal. 1-0 First half.

2nd half Out of anger I blitz a NW with the Rogre who can (and will be surfed or Ill double skull trying). Double pow. Oh. Okay. Hes sitting on the sideline, and next turn is immediately punched in the face and Badly hurt by the same Nurgle warrior. Realizing I'm being a bitter bastard I try to recourse. I make a battle cry LEEEEEEEROY and run my thrower up field with a screen of GR. Since JR hasnt rolled a single stumble on my GR I figure Its safer for the Thrower to hold onto the ball because Hes been Push/Pow rolling my GR all game and I honestly don't trust my players in the rain this game. Nuffle rolls double Stumble as he Blitzes with a Pestigor and makes 2 Dodge rolls to get there. Fuck you Nuffle.

Thankfully he fails the pick-up follow up. He positions a second pestigor to pick up and fails for the first time. (About damn time its been raining all game and his Agi3/2 Handle the ball better than my 4). The Ball is on the sideline and I set up a risk throw, trying to be light hearted. A GR is pinned on the sideline with 4 dodges to make to make a 4+ pick up, and Im hoping to at least throw the ball (more realisticly drop it and hope its thrown in on the empty half of his field). Dodge, RR, Dodge, dodge, Fail, RR, Fail. Fall on the ball. The ball goes out. Perfect! I have 2 GR who can retrieve it next turn.

NOPE. It goes to MY end of the half literally crossing half the field and sitting infront of a downed linerat I didnt bother to stand up because the beast was on it, and a NW. I have never seen a throw in CROSS the half line until now. Now anger is turned into utter dissappointment and quickly Apathy. Fuck you nuffle. The Next turn, the agi 2 NW makes a pathing error and 5+ pick ups the ball. At this point I'm done, I can't handle anymore and I just hit end turn for the rest of the game while JR farms CAS SPP and scores with his NW.

I make a Consolation Throw with my 15/16 SV to level him, It almost fails the pick up, a RR sets him straight and he will finally be able to get Mighty blow.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  10. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Pretty accurate summation of the match by Merihim.

Anything important worked for me and didn't for Merihim which made this a pretty one sided match by the second half.

Better luck next week.

11. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Well Da Owchi Cho Cho loses to Grimwind's rats 4-0. Was mostly fun over all except for the blitz event against my Ogres for the first drive. Still I think I may have earned more spp than them considering the numbers I injured. but they still had at least two GRs by the end of the match so they won quite handily.

12. Grimwind

Grimwind New Member

Cyanide Username:
    Grimwind
    Country Flag:
    Move Ball Quick Quick 4 - 0 Da Owchi Cho Cho
    Lots of injured rats..

[​IMG]

13. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    3-1 for the D0rfs over the Gobs. Was a close game until the very end where the pent up frustration of the Dwarf fans rioted over the niggling of a player causing the game to end early and the Ref to award the D0rfs 2 more TDs so that the mob wouldn't lynch him.

His computer screwed him over round about T14 right after he made his improbable score to make things even.

Also Pass Block scores me my first interception. :D

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  14. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Dorfs hate you too! 3-1 over Bohemian Savages. I basically messed around with Morg and Ripper for 13 turns before my game crashed just as I scored the tieing TD after Phuns 8-turn drive w/ the deathroller. 3 turns remaining and I had very little left to stop the ensuing score as no specials and 3 gobs would have come back only.

gg Phunbaba, gl w/ the rest!

15. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    You still had morg, ripper, and a no name troll to stop my score. With a little luck you probably would of managed it.

16. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    The Croakers chant their way to a 3-0 victory over the Eagle Cheerleaders in a match where all the important dice seemed to go one way - especially the KO rolls, which I direly needed since annhwi had taken out several important players on KOs.

Thanks for the game, annhwi, and onwards to MD9!

17. annhwi

annhwi Member

Cyanide Username:
    annhwi
    Country Flag:
    well... apparently undead on the field causes cheerleaders to forget how to dance... The Croakers officially did not cause a croak (thank you apothecary). They did however, cause numerous knockdows, KO's and disruptions in formation allowing the werewolves to run amuck at will.

Again, just like the first match, the cheerleaders couldnt manage a single solid hit in the entire match... and to add just that extra salt in the wound, a pass that would have led to a likely score was fumbled... not once... but twice in a row (the passer actually fumbled... and then the blitzer or lino who attempted just decided that the zombie 2 squares away was a better target... and of course the zombie catches the ball too, this wasnt an interception, just a deviation)

Suffice to say... a rather Broncosish performance.

18. nogorogo

nogorogo New Member

Country Flag:
    Holy crap! Jeg Ur Gunnar - bloody, beaten and bruised - overcame all odds to defeat the Mu'shrooms 1-0 in their first league win! Good game UltiMATE!

19. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    In a surprising turn of events (well to me anyway) R.E.D defeated Zharr-Naggrund Zdnfifrigbesomething 3-2. Jet Li was the decisive factor, taking advantage of a turn 7 turnover from a pass to show some elfiness and steal the ball away to open up a two TD cushion. Plenty of blood and TDs for the masses to enjoy.

20. dodger

dodger Member

Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    Fun match in Nordland tonight that resulted in Ill-fated alliance 0-1 Cruentus Lacertae, with lots of blood and some suprising Saurus dodges.