Big Crunch Rules (Current ruleset)

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
The following was removed from Item 3 of League format.

Except for in tier 3 which will be seeded by Team Value each season. With Ostland having the higher Team Value teams.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Rule 9a was added regarding concessions. It takes effect from the start of MD3 in season 6.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
I didn't want to spam Travels new league thread but as it will be discussed i might as well post my two cents here.

According to the rules if they played in a different league they would not be eligable to return to the BC.

However there was the possibility of an exception being made for the BBATTL when we were discussing the possibility of all BC teams being eligable and being allowed to return to the league. We will discuss it and make a final ruling before any BBATTL league starts.

My thoughts on this are that it shouldn't be allowed. Once you've played games in other leagues your team should become ineligible. I just feel that league play should be a closed enviroment. Playing Off Season or Gap Season matches is a no no.

skullashtray

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I understand the reasoning there but if that remains true the only team I have worth competing in the tourney is Typhoid Mary and I'm not willing to quit the bc

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
To be clear I expect the BBATTL to feature teams of all TV levels and they will be matched against each other that way right up to the final, same as CC style.

The admins are still discussing a ruling so we do appreciate your input.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Yes. My point is where do you draw the line? Do you make an exception for just this one format? Do you allow all BBATTL tournaments? If you do why not let them play in the CC as well? Or even in CTA? As CC teams are BBATTL eligible as well.

Following that reasoning one could accept former OCC or UKBBL teams as well as they are also BBATTL eligible.

I don't like pointing at other leagues. But the ruling always seems to be that games in other enviroments are a no no. If you wish to retire your team and let them join the pro circuit thats fine but there is no way back.

For CC i am more ambivalent about the matter as CC already has two feeder "leagues" (CTALE & CTA) and letting those teams play in certain controlled enviroments (no farming etc.) could be seen as acceptable. Still the issue were to draw the line is still one to consider.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
For CC i am more ambivalent about the matter as CC already has two feeder "leagues" (CTALE & CTA) and letting those teams play in certain controlled enviroments (no farming etc.) could be seen as acceptable. Still the issue were to draw the line is still one to consider.

Spontaneously I'd say it should be legit, since CC sort of resets itself every season, and is already much like a Bbattl tournament, only with very restricted access.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
We will not be allowing old Big Crunch teams an exception to the rules to play in the BBATTL tournament. So if your old BC team plays in the BBATTL it will not be allowed to return to the BC.

Whilst we would have liked to have made it work as we liked the idea of a one off BC v CC v CTA tornament there were just too many practical problems to make it fair to the old and current teams of the Big Crunch before the proposed start of the BBATTL.

I would also like to thank you all for your contributions to the debate.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
3) Promotions and Demotions are as in this diagram.

i) Any coach who wishes to reroll at the end of the season will be seeded into division 5 and all other teams will move up one placement in the league standings.

Hey CJ,

this seems to have been missed during the last rule change. Shouldn't it be "tier 3" instead of "division 5"?

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Hey CJ,

this seems to have been missed during the last rule change. Shouldn't it be "tier 3" instead of "division 5"?

That does look wrong. Next cleaning exercise we do on the rules we will look at it.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Big Crunch season 7 is in BBM.

11108 Big Crunch S7 - AltDwarf
11109 Big Crunch S7 - Reikland
11110 Big Crunch S7 - Nordland
11111 Big Crunch S7 - Ostland
11112 Big Crunch S7 - Averland

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Big Crunch season 8 is in BBM.

11409 Big Crunch S8 - AltDwarf
11410 Big Crunch S8 - Reikland
11411 Big Crunch S8 - Nordland
11412 Big Crunch S8 - Ostland
11413 Big Crunch S8 - Averland

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Ok a couple of slight changes to the rules pack.

First up we have fixed a typo.

i) Any coach who wishes to reroll at the end of the season will be seeded into division 5 and all other teams will move up one placement in the league standings.

Got changed to this.

i) Any coach who wishes to reroll at the end of the season will be seeded into either Ostland or Averland and all other teams will move up one placement in the league standings.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
We have also altered the way demotion from AltDwarf has been handled. It's not a major issue but with even placed teams being demoted to Reikland every time we have an odd number of dropouts/rerolls from AltDwarf Reikland gets one less team demoted. Over time we are concerned that teams in Reikland are less likely to get relegated leading to Reikland becoming stagnant. So the original diagram has been changed from.

promotions_zpso68zbr1e.png

to

promotions%20new_zpsx9fumkgf.jpg

The same teams will get relegated from AltDwarf but this should hopefully prove to be fairer for the two tier 2 divisions. This will apply from the end of this season.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Big Crunch season 9 is in BBM.

11654 Big Crunch S9 - AltDwarf
11655 Big Crunch S9 - Reikland
11656 Big Crunch S9 - Nordland
11657 Big Crunch S9 - Ostland
11658 Big Crunch S9 - Averland

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Another small rules change.

Replacement teams:

17) Where a team leaves or is removed from the Big Crunch, the league commissioner and administration team reserve the right to replace the team through any appropriate means, usually through the request for applications from the community.

a) Such replacement teams inherit the record and standings.

becomes

Replacement teams:

17) Where a team leaves or is removed from the Big Crunch, the league commissioner and administration team reserve the right to replace the team through any appropriate means, usually through the request for applications from the community.

a) Such replacement teams inherit the record and standings if it is deemed appropriate by the administration team.

This is to fix a problem we have had a number of times of replacements, with rookie teams, late in the season coming in and having enough points for promotion whilst only having played a couple of matches. We do not foresee this rule being used for teams that come in early in the season.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
I have a question.

Would it be possible for a team that should be demoted due to this system to take a pass on tier retention if it comes about due to coaches dropping existing teams to create new ones?

As it stands, I can see a bit of a disincentive to stick with a team long-term once it checks into the "roach motel" of tier 2 and needs rebuilding.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
No.

I can see your point. However it would have too much off a negative effect on tier 3. With up to eight coaches being in the position to choose to do this it could have a large effect. Not only would we have to promote extra teams (who may not be ready) but we could also increase the problem of experienced teams just stomping through tier 3 against mostly rookie teams.

In your case you are more likely to get demoted this time round due to the rule change from the start if season 8. This was designed to prevent stagnation in Reikland and we have not seen it's effects yet.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
No.

I can see your point. However it would have too much off a negative effect on tier 3. With up to eight coaches being in the position to choose to do this it could have a large effect. Not only would we have to promote extra teams (who may not be ready) but we could also increase the problem of experienced teams just stomping through tier 3 against mostly rookie teams.

In your case you are more likely to get demoted this time round due to the rule change from the start if season 8. This was designed to prevent stagnation in Reikland and we have not seen it's effects yet.

I figured. I also think it would make more work for the admin in the off season, which isn't desirable.

We'll see how the new rule change affects things.

And if I really get sick of being stuck in Reikland -- Papa Nurgle is a loving being who is more than willing to help my team out. :D