1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch S4 MD7 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by TwoScoops, Nov 8, 2016.

1. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Post 'em if you got 'em!

2. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Hah...didn't mean to put sbr's name in there - copy/paste must have grabbed that!

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Fixed, even if it looked better like it was. :)

TwoScoops likes this.
  4. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Early kick off in Nuln saw my Norse going up vs @Crimson Fox and his Chaos lads. 1-1 at the final score.

Game of 2 halfs. 1st half I won the toss and played a textbook Norse drive, scoring T8 and injuring 2 beastmen, killing another 2 for good measure. Nuffle was giving Chaos horrible dice and they only managed 1 KO in return who came back on the T8 kick off. A sign that things would maybe not as straight forward as I hoped was a riot on the kick off, giving Chaos 2 turns to score. Alas for them all this achieved was the 2nd of their deaths as my zerkers got in on the action.

2nd half started and I was fairly confident. An Ulf blitz 1st up needed a GFI to mark the carrier, with my blodgestep runner to follow him in to put 2 guys on the ball. The GFI was a 1 and for some reason I did not reroll it, Ulf KO'd. A couple more Norse left the field and pretty soon Chaos were in scoring range. No worries I thought, plenty of time for an equaliser. Alas though Crimson Fox had other ideas and set about stalling out the half. This did allow me to sack the carrier twice, including my T15 after a mazy dodging run by my newly agile runner giving a 1d Block skull rerolled into :powdodge: to pop the ball loose. It scattered 2 GFI's away in my end zone, I went for them but failed the 2nd, hoping the ball would scatter out of play but it just popped next to the downed AGI4 now unmarked beast, who picked it up for the equaliser.

We set up for an optimistic 1TTD, rain on the kick off but a touchback allowed me to give it to the AGI 4 Move 7 runner on the LOS. Blitz block though to get the chain pushing started was :skull::skull: and that was the game. GG @Crimson Fox , 1st time in 16 games my team have not won vs anyone other than @MacToosh :p. Alas it does mean Veggente85 can go clear at the top if he wins his game this week!

Ilgoth likes this.
  5. Genessius

Genessius Active Member

Country Flag:
    upload_2016-11-9_18-59-52.png
    I got 2 blodge wights now. Dark souls is the game of dodge rolls, but this is getting silly :p and yeah I got an undead tree, how that works I dunno though: p

6. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    shadow runner
    Country Flag:
    @MacToosh Incontinence Anonymous (orcs) 0- 2 (dark elves) Apple Turnovers The dark elves when first scored about turn 4. The orcs nearly scored turn eight but where stopped by a gfi. The second half had the orcs suffering due to increasing amounts of lost players having 4 injuries at the end and only killing a linesman late in the half. The dark elves were patient and used numbers to their advantage managing to acquired the ball then score on turn 16.

7. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Indus

(Sataric) Crimson Calamity 3 - 3 Elite Copse (Ging)

I bought a new catcher to get back to 11 players for the first time since MD1, while Sataric's dark elves induced a merc Assassin and decided to receive.
    We promptly got a Blitz! kickoff and caught the ball, but my WD had failed a GFI to complete the cage.
    On T1 we lost the ball and also the assassin killed one of my line elves, but we did get the ball back straight away and score, 0-1.

The kickoff on T2 gave us a RR, but this one was a touchback and then we had another line elf killed (the newly-levelled Wrestler).
    The dark elves advanced the ball and scored fairly comfortably a couple of turns later. 1-1.

I think we had a WD return from KO for the next kickoff around T4 or T5 but were still down 11 v 9.
    We managed to even the score a little when a dark elf lino was killed on a block and were able to make a slightly risky scramble towards the EZ and score on T8. 1-2.

Somewhere along the line my kicker also got a -ST, so I think we started the 2nd half 11 v 8.
    We inflicted a KO I believe and after a lot of deliberation decided to make a half cage in the dark elf half, but the timer ran out on my before I could complete my thrower's move and pass, leaving him totally exposed in the backfield. :mad::mad::mad:
    Completely my fault, but its another instance when the clock has probably cost me a result-changing incident. They need to raise the flashing timer back up to 30 seconds like in BB:CE.
    After that I struggled to maintain any sort of calmness.
    Instead of me being in a position to possibly go 3-1 up, Calamity took down the thrower and scored a turn or so later, 2-2.

I think I'm down to about 7 players now, but we do squeeze my new catcher into range with the ball.
    He gets hit by the witch, but she burns a RR on a GFI and then my catcher survives 4 blitz dice but is pinned against the sideline.
    We get away with a 3+ 2+ dodge from a WD to blitz out a slightly easier route for the catcher, but he still needs to make a 3+ 2+ of his own to score, and thankfully he makes it. 2-3.

With 3 turns left I kick the ball dead centre and it scatters out for another touchback. :rolleyes:
    Sataric's dark elves are able to get the ball easily advanced and look solid for a score.
    I decide on one final throw of the dice to leap my Strip Ball dancer at the ball carrier for a 1d hit... but I need to Leap on the first move of my blitz and cannot figure out how to do it. The UI seems to cancel the Blitz instruction when I then try to select Leap. Anyone know how to do this? :confused:o_O:confused:o_O
    In the end I have to try the 3+ dodges instead which fail.
    Easy score for the dark elves on T16. 3-3.

Thanks for the game Sataric, sorry for getting wound up with it after I got timed-out during the 2nd half, I was struggling against Nuffle's will as it was and that just tipped me over. :oops:
    2 dead linos (1 with Wrestle) and a -ST busted kick lino sucked too, especially as one of the dead ones got the MVP as well. :(
    Good luck for the last couple of games.

8. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    @Ging - Sorry luck was not on your side for our match. During the first half we both had terrible dice. I failed 50% of my GFI's in the match in total, and used most of my rerolls on them. And didn't you roll double skulls RR'd into double skulls at one point? But in any case, you played really well and you do not need to apologize for the salt - The game is known to be very frustrating at times. Part of what makes Blood Bowl so exciting is that it's difficult not to get really into it, and emotionally invested somehow! Heh.

9. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    The champs Season has gone from rather frustrating and painful to absolutly rediculous.... Cram killed 4 Saurus (one was saved by the Apo) including my last good one....[​IMG]

on another note....we won 3-2.

Ilgoth, Regor and Orielensis like this.
  10. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Jesus i need to watch that game. If u win the title again, will be really fair! Congratz by what u achieve so far, this season u lost so many good players, and still got a really good shoot to win the back to back title!

11. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    nuffle gives and nuffle takes.
    This time he gave TDs, but took lifes... i would have liked a different approach, too.

12. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Cheers @Sataric, and yeah I'd forgotten about those bad dice in the first half, for both sides.

Edit:
    [Removed bit about the blitz -> leap not working, apparently it does, its just the blitz "lightning symbol disappears until you confirm the leap, then it re-appears and lets you continue on with the blitz. Very misleading.]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  13. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Second loss to Drifters, 1-3 vs Not So Superheros. Team survived intact and even managed to gain 3 skill rolls...sadly all normals...cant have everything i suppose. :rolleyes::D

GG Mark

Mark Teal likes this.
  14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Since they probably won't, I'd suggest a chess clock.

There are apps for that if you have a cell phone.

There's even this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamicentertainment.bbref&hl=sv

You can set a timer for 4 minutes, and have it make preset sounds, like every minute or half minute it pings, then set another sound for "one minute left".
    It won't be able to handle the "Cyanide clock" thing where time stops every now and then, but the exact ending time doesn't seem to be your problem, just the analysis paralysis until you get going.

15. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    Death by Drowning roll on with a 3-0 win over the Arkham Horrors (a rookie Chaos team with one game under their belt). Dice heavily on my side in this one, with 5 cas's to 0 (fortunately a -MV Beastman was the worst) and 25SPP going to the Necro in total. Fortunately it happened after the result was pretty much sealed, but the pitch invasion which knocked over 4/7 Chaos and 0/11 Necro was probably the high/lowlight. Levelled up a dog to blodge and both wights hit lvl2 as well (now just to decide whether to keep the MV5 one or replace now as we finally have some cash to replace if we want to).

gg @Mike1334 , hope you don't have another of those for a while.

Mike1334 likes this.
  16. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    The Desecrators (Ch) 3 - 0 Stirland Lightning (Hu)
    Nordland

This was a bit of a mismatch on TVs, with Stirland Lightning receiving 570k in inducements to compensate.

I strolled in for my first TD on my T5 after a bit of pressure was applied to my cage, forcing me to break away from it, thus giving the humans 4 turns to score an equalizer, with 10 players remaining on the field due to some early injuries.

The human's Ogre then managed to then roll double skulls on a block before his thrower had picked up the ball, thus giving me a chance to mark up all of his players + put pressure on the ball. My plans turned out to be effective and on the following turn had my blodgestep tackle goat marking his thrower in the ingoal, with other goats advancing. He tried to blitz out, but rolled a doubledown, so tried to instead dodge out to avoid a surf, but was unsuccessful, thus allowing my goat to catch the ball and score the following turn to make it 2-0 at the end of the 1st half.

The 2nd half went from bad to worse for the humans. With the Ogre rolling -stats and then apoc'd into miss next game, they were down on players and out of apocs. Which was when the casualty rolls started rolling deaths instead of just badly hurts. Which was pretty much the story of this game, the humans kept getting terrible injury rolls, with 4 of their 6 casualties coming from non MB players, while the MB/PO CW & MB/Claw Minotaur only got 1x casualty + 1x KO between them lol. With the humans down by so many players, it wasn't difficult for me to recover the ball and waltz in for a 3rd TD to make it 3-0.

All in all the humans got a bit screwed on casualties, which made a match that should be very difficult for them, into one that was virtually impossible and has likely left them crippled for at least their next game.

17. Mike1334

Mike1334 Member

Steam Username:
    PandaMike1334
    Country Flag:
    yeah, well... things happen. thanks for the game, and next time i will roll over you ;)

18. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The Knights claim an undeserved victory 2 1 over the baddies. I had got bogged down on offense and O engineered a nice chain push (using a reroll) to blitz for a 2 die on my ball carrier. Double skulls followed by 3 players leaving the pitch not to return made my life easier. In the 2nd half down on players O had little choice but to score quickly allowing me to complete a 2 1 grind which should have been different.

Orielensis likes this.
  19. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Von Blitzers beat Game-of-Thorns 2-1

I can't catch a break. I get outbashed by the Orcs, and they make better agility plays. 4 CAS, plus 2 deaths. Fortunately, both deaths were Loners.

23% dodge failures, including numerous double ones. And that's on 61 rolls, so it's not exactly a small sample size.

20. OverLORDY

OverLORDY Member

Steam Username:
    OverLORDY
    Country Flag:
    WTH? Just hown many chaos teams are there in this league? Do i need to restart as Chaos too?