1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch Season 3 MD6 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by cjblackburn, Jan 19, 2014.

1. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    AltDwarf
    [​IMG]
    Reikland
    [​IMG]
    Nordland
    [​IMG]
    Ostland
    [​IMG]
    Averland
    [​IMG]

2. skullashtray

skullashtray Active Member

Country Flag:
    Typhoid Mary's lose to Cruncholution in an old fashioned elven beat down 1-2 gg Boffa i really need to work on my elven defense

3. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Uploaded, Skull beat me to it! managed some really nice elf bs in first half despite Jordell getting Ko'd turn 2 for the whole match, and 2nd half swung my way after surfing a warrior and a pest. GG

4. elessar9

elessar9 Member

Country Flag:
    Peddle Power take home a 3-0 victory against the Death Pass Devils

Bestbitter is new to the game, and was not dealt a strong hand by Nuffle, so it turned out to be an unexpectedly comfortable win.

I promised to dispense a few comments on the coaching to help bestbitter improve, so here goes (keep in mind I don't coach CDs):

A common tactic for bash against elves is the 2-1 grind. One way to achieve this is to give me the ball (which you did), force me to score quickly, and then have 14-15 turns for yourself on offense. You did two things to make this more difficult than necessary: One, you took a very low percentage dodge early on your turn, which failed, giving me an easy opportunity to delay my scoring. Two, you started with Zzharg on the pitch. This means scoring relatively quickly actually helped my, removing him from play.

On your offensive setup, two things to note: Make sure you keep the SH hobgobbo at the back with a big range to get to the ball. On the LOS, place lots of players there, so you can get more free blocks even if the first ones are pushbacks.

Pay attention to the clock. In the first half you had only a few turns to score, yet plodded up in a slow cage, easily stopped by me. Try to keep a scoring chance open, even if it is somewhat remote.

Maximize your opportunities. Your team is a lot stronger and better at blocking than mine. Force me in to a bad position by putting a lot of players in base contact (especially the bull centaurs and the ST4 blocker). I will have to either make some 1d blocks, or a lot of dodges. Turnovers will happen, and you gain a massive advantage with free blocks. This will get even more effective when you get some guard on the blockers.

5. bestbitter

bestbitter Member

Cyanide Username:
    bestbitter
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the advice, and the game.

6. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Insecting 1 - 1 Aggravated Nurglary

A Stunty Victory! So close to a real victory with the Nurgle just about managing a touchdown on turn 16. My foolish attempts to pickup the ball gave him a slightly better chance of scoring.

More importantly this also happened:
    [​IMG]

So I still say this was a good victory, even if we were so close to another real one.

Thank you for the game Jrpeart, was a pleasure playing you and a fun match.

7. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, thanks Street, was a fun match.

I was especially worried that I might suffer the embarassment of a loss to Goblins for a lot of that second half.

8. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    I'll have to watch that replay Street and jrpeart!!

Looks like nuffle made up for lack of broken nurgle armour in our match last week jrpeart!! Ouch! :skull:

9. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nordland, a barely-won 1-0 for Humans over Gobbos... That was a lot harder than you'd think.

Ogre! Finally levelled! From the chainsaw! Only took, like, 20 matches...

10. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Chucky's grandchildren will seek revenge at a later date

11. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Pie Rats 0 - 3 Jenny et al. Yep I derped it. Couple of key rolls sent against me, but above all I showed my inexperience against the elven wiz and stuffed up all my offensive drives. Thanks for the game Aki, 3 well deserved points.

12. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    My wizard worked really well (3/4 KD, BH thrower, stunned line-rat), which gave me a big advantage in recovering the ball. I followed with a 3-2 pass that scatter-launched but was STILL CAUGHT, leading directly to a 2-0 lead (so mostly luck there all around). TS then had 2 turns to try for a fast TD, but he failed to roll a KD where he needed it, and then I was able to hit both gutter-runners in range, KOing one and injuring the other (at least apo worked). So of the three possessions TS had, one was derailed by a lucky wizard, the other by some absolutely clutch POWs combined with armor breaks.

Still, it was nice not to get outright nuffled. Hopefully I can make the end of season 3 competitive. Losing Joe the Block/Guard lino sucked, but such is life. I think it sucked worse because apo countered Dead with Dead. Bad apo! GG TS, hope your rats finish strong. You have some really annoying gutters in there (like agi5/strip ball, and MA10/side-step). I definitely had Nuffle on my side in key situations, because let's face it, Skaven, especially developed skaven, don't get shut out unless they get unlucky.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  13. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Nice win Aki - hope this sparks a turnaround in fortunes!

Good to see someone around the top finally dropping some points ;)

14. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Everyone's been dropping points is the problem, but this likely puts me out of the running and I'll have to fight like crazy to stay up. Then again a season or so in tier 2 might not be so bad, get me away from all the bash in tier 1.

15. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Its still all to play for TS. Our division is wide open. Ive played all the top teams, its all of the spiteful little bastards at the bottom with a point to prove left.

16. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah - this season's Altdwarf is fiercely competitive - no 9-0-0 around here :) . Makes me a little sad, knowing that if the first 5 games had gone a little differently and I even went something paltry like 2-0-3, I could still be playing for a spot in the top 4 instead of "For Aiur!". Oh well - I'll give it all I've got for Aiur! :) .

17. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Crush of Night 1-2 Latin Lizards. a see saw match that saw a lot of skulls for Dodger but key 1s from the elves and a complete lack of anything but DEAD on the CAS dice put them under it. 2 dead elves (everyone rejoice) including a dead -> dead from Vitor (thanks for nothing you sod) as well as a gouged eye pretty much sealed that one up. second to last play bungle by the pass thrower 1-1, desperation pickup and toss is intercepted with a 6. sums it up I think, finally lost one...

GG dodger, you played cleaner that I did.

18. dodger

dodger Member

Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    Not sure about that last bit, but Nuffle clearly had my back. At least you managed a -AV on one of my blodge Saurus though. That one hurt.

19. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Wanderers hit back with a solid game against the Heroes. Remthar played well for most of the first half managing to delay his score until turn 6. A bad miss-click from him (he took a :bothdown: instead of a :pushback: on a lino without Block/Wrestle and the lino was injured on top of it) then let me equalise easily in turn 8.

Despite an early scare in the second half with me rolling lots of :skull: and failing the Sure Hands pick up, I was able to recover and Rem soon found himself with only 2 or 3 elves left on the pitch.

Cheers Rem for the game and good luck for the rest of the season.

20. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Suckers and Foebreakers ended sharing some points, 1-1 draw.

Woodies stalled too long in the 1st and the numbers started to diminish as expected. Some outragious elf trickery saved the day tho and 1-0 on halftime. Being outmanned they made just a couple of tries to stop the dwarf train. To no avail. Both tried 1TTDs and dorfs were much closer in succeeding :)

GG Netsmurf. And thanks for only doing 2 MNGs and no perma injuries.