1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch Season 8: MD 2 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by TravelScrabble, Aug 24, 2017.

1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Didn't see a thread so here goes.

Swingy game in Altdwarf as Heroic Understudies took on the Cult of Tianlong. The cult pushed aggressively for the ball in the first but left a relatively easy 3+ outlet pass to an elf lino to put him way out of range, which succeeded. At that point the Understudies had to decide if they wanted to stall and after much deiberation chose not not too as skinks were swarming and it would have been impossible not to at least allow a 1d on the bc or a -2d with surfing options, the agi 4 skink was close and the Krox had injured himself out of the game so I chose not to go down that route. That turned out to be a mistake though as in the remaining 5 turns the dice really swung and the lizards were removing elves left right and center while the elves could not bring down the blodge ball carrier (agi 4 blodge sh skink, come on!).

Lizards scored turn 8. Elves failed 4/5 KO rolls in the first half so it was 9 vs 10 to start the second and that soon turned into 7 vs 10. At that point I had all but given up and I think Filadeus was lured into a false sense of security because he left a few lizards high up the pitch to surround my remaining players. Then Nuffle changed his affections again and we started removing lizards, while a double skull left his killer down and stunned. 4 elves were able to put heavy pressure on the cage. So now Filadeus had a choice to stall or score while leaving the elves a shot at the two turner. He chose to stall which makes sense given that there were 4 KO'd elves who could have come back to give the Understudies a player advantage as they went searching for an equalizer. But he left a 4+ 2d blitz on the ball, which Bucky, my blitzer and all round badass, succeeded in order to take down the skink and retrieve the ball. The lizard's killer got a 2d blitz but could only get pushes and both downs with no rr so the draw was secured. Elves had a shot a the winner, which is why I probably wouldn' have stalled in that position, but failed two of the several 2+ needed and so the game ended in a tie.

Finally on the board in Altdwarf, just! Bucky had a great game killing two skinks, making the game saving blitz and generally being awesome, which makes me feel good about the decision to apo him from bh in the first half.

2. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    Re-post from Indus thread.

sbr32 likes this.
  3. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    Bulls Metal Jacket vs Soul Music.
    The cdorfs must have had some extra spikes in their gloves today, injured a weight and zombie the very first turn, and never looked back! They quickly had the extra players, the superior positioning, the safe and steady play and really did no mistakes. MVP from soul music is brave brave zombie named Per. Per was a just an ordinary man while alive, but in undeath Per achieves a hero status for pure bravery! Per really started the day in round 3 where he got stunned trying to protect the side for some miracle play. He gets back up, as he always do and continue playing. In round 8 after the dwarves scores their first goal Per gets killed! Unlike Guttorm (dead WW) death cannot stop Per! He gets right back up and joins the play in the next half. Having seen the team get maimed yet again in round 9 Per gets knocked really hard and goes down on what was belived to be a serious (MNG) injury. This however is Per! He aint gonna miss any next game. Per turn himself arround and enjoy a little deserved break on the sidelines. In the 12th round Per is called back out on the pitch. Its front line duty for Per. The team lucky gets to move abit before all the blocking and desides to minimize the hitting recived by this point. The dwarves responds with a blitz on Per, Per laughs as they only push him arround abit, before they get in a good stun at him the very next turn. Per gets back up when he is aware that he has feet, and finds them ok to stand on at this point, only to count the stars yet again on the very next turn!
    Per is a real badass, he can take a punch like few others.
    He knows how to use his skill, and it makes me proud to have a player like him!
    I think we can all learn something from Per. Alot can happend in a blood bowl match when your stunned on the ground!
    I got 1 armor break in this game, and that was my wizard getting off a desp fireball to try to not loose 3-0, didnt work.
    Thank you for the game Jeliel, and thank you Per!

Smeik, Regor and sbr32 like this.
  4. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Long live Per!

Hmm, though I guess he is already dead. Long stay dead Per?

helGn likes this.
  5. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    just barely! I think he is more alive now than he ever was in...life? and at death nr 1?

6. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nuln
    Vernim Vendetta (Skaven) vs. We need bigger Hats (Chorfs) @Shadow 1-2

Best thing that happened in this game and only thing worth mentioning is that the Apo changed an injury on Squeeeke, my Star player Storm Vermin, from -AV to MNG. @Ahriman will probably be thankful anyway, as I have to play his lizards next. GG @Shadow and GL for the rest of the season (though you probably won't need it while that centaur-beast is on the loose...)

7. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    Nevermind - 3 The Blue Faced Clan - 0

High five to nuffle for the assist

Ravers likes this.
  8. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    shadow runner
    Country Flag:
    Well I think the only thing I can add was the second half was hyper aggressive with a blitz event seeing the bull centaurs seizing the ball but didn't have enough support to keep it letting the rats to get pass the Chorfs to equalize. The Bull centaur failed to pick up the ball on their next drive so the rats drove into try and win but next turn the bull centaur got the ball and ran with it putting most of the rats on the wrong side of line of dwarfs letting the bull centaur get away. Could have went to the rats very easily if I failed the second pick up.

9. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    0-3 v Skaven.

12 turnovers for me during the game; 0 for trixter

Need to not snake eye to get 2D on ball carrier in first half. 1-1.

War Dancer dead/apo/niggle.

10k in winnings.

My initial thought to sit this season out would have been the correct decision.

helGn likes this.
  10. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Great vid, awesome win. Can't believe you suffered no cas vs those Orcs:).

11. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    In Cathey, My Chorf won in a tight battle against @FemurMuertez 's Human squad.

Chorf received the ball and wouldn't you know it, my loner hobo catches the kick off.. Anyways, I caged him up and began to brawl. Many of my blocks were pushes or both down results, leaving many humans upright and unaffected all first half. Femur knocked the ball out of my hands twice, and nobody came remotely close to scoring this half. At the end of the half, two of my men were KO(hobo + linedorf), along with one hobo being CAS. On the other side, two men (I forget what pos), were KO, and one human blitzer was CAS.

The second half starts with my KOs not making it back on to the pitch, and one of Femurs still on the sidelines as well. It was 8 chorf units to 9 humans, but I quickly landed another CAS on a blitzer, but he was just badly hurt. At this point, I had enclosed the human bc and his protectors which were towards the sideline, and ended up surfing the ball and an additional blitzer. 3 of the 4 human blitzers were out of the game =D. The crowd threw the ball close to a hobo who picked it up with ease, and slowly progressed down the field to score. Without having to deal with the human blitzers, it was much easier to manipulate blocks and keep Femur's guys off my bc. GG man, best of luck the rest of the season!

FemurMuertez likes this.
  12. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    GG @Brody tough match. Just out of curiosity I'm gonna count how many pushes and both downs you had in the 1st half. That ought to be some kind of record.:D Nuffle had his way. I'm just glad that you didn't butcher my whole team.:)
    Good luck with the rest of the season.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  13. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm glad neither of us took lasting injuries. From statsgrabber I had about 90 blocks total and 30 of them were neutralized. So it equaled out but in the first half it was pretty bad I bet it was more like 50% of my blocks did nothing.

14. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Ostland

(thatguyuknow985) Wily's Wild Wreckers 0 - 3 Elite Copse (Ging)

The Wreckers induced a Wiz + Babe, and my woodies chose to kick off.

1st turn didn't go well for us with the orcs BH and KO'ing two woodies, and despite not being able to get either of their AG4 orcs to the ball they still managed to pick up ok with a blitzer in the rain.
    We then managed to drive a wedge down the middle and split the orcs into two groups, with the tree doing a great job of keeping one bunch busy leaving the elves to focus on the ball-carrying group.
    Next turn we did get a 1d leaping-blitz on the ball carrier, needing the RR for the leap and then rolling a :skull: on the blitz itself. :rolleyes: I think we were down to 1 RR left already too.
    The orcs managed to get their ball carrier within range, but he wasn't protected. Next turn we made a 3+ & 2+ dodge to hit the ball carrier and get 2 TZs on the ball.
    Can't quite remember the next few turns, but we did manage to free-up the ball on the ground a pick it up with a catcher.
    A couple of turns later we were over halfway with it when the fireball took down 3 out of 3 elves (BH the catcher too) and leave the ball on the floor. However a black orc tried to get next to the ball and failed a dodge (a mis-click maybe?).
    After that we managed to grab the ball and get away to score on T8, 0-1.

We got 1 from 2 KOs back at HT, so it was 11 v 9 for the 2nd half.
    The Wreckers put a bit of pressure on my depleted ranks after the kickoff, however we were able to punch a hole and scamper enough elves through to make a decent break.
    An AG4 orc almost blitzed through a few TZs to hit the ball carrier, but I think he burnt the RR on one of the dodges and then failed the GFI. I think we scored after that to make it 0-2.

Next kickoff gave us a Perfect Defence, which I didn't do much with but protect my players. However the orcs were now out of RRs and failed the pickup.
    We were able to get the tree (possibly the real man of the match) into the scrum by the ball and surround the orcs nearest the ball.
    Next turn the Wreckers couldn't clear enough elves away and weren't able to pickup the ball. We were then able to clear the ball of TZs, pick it up and escape for a T16 score. 0-3.

A riot gave the orcs 2 turns to try for a score, but we were able to take down the only orc in range and it remained 0-3.

Thanks for the game @thatguyuknow985, it started off worryingly for me, with those removals and burning of my RRs, however things soon started to swing heavily back my way after that and my elves actually managed to do some elfy stuff.
    Good luck for the rest of the season.

15. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Game-of-Thorns plays Draconian Drones to a 1-1 tie in Reikland. These teams know each other well, as they just played in one of the last few weeks of last season in Reikland. My TV was higher by 250K, so the dark elves got a Wizard and Bribe in inducements.

The weather started out rainy, so the dark elves elected to kick. This changed to nice on the opening kickoff. I tried to play a cautious caging run game, but that's basically impossible against a wizard. Eventually a fireball on three players got a knockdown on all three (and a Badly Hurt on one of them), but fortunately the scatter made it hard for the Dark Elves to recover the ball. I recovered the ball and got it downfield to one of my Dancers, hoping that he could survive any attempt to tackle him, but unfortunately he got knocked down. On T8, the Dark Elves had only one player in range for scoring. I had my choice of attempting to take down their ball carrier and go for a score, or blitz their one guy in scoring position to try and prevent them from scoring. I opted to go for scoring myself, but I didn't get a knockdown on their carrier. Fortunately, this didn't end up harming me, as their guy failed his 3+ dodge with reroll to try to break for the end zone to try and catch a scoring pass.

In the second half, the Dark Elves caged up near midfield and I surrounded the cage and attempted to leap into the cage. The leap failed, and I elected not to reroll, since the block was going to be a -2d block anyway. The dark elves elected to score quickly, as caging up again was basically not possible and I have multiple AG5 leap players that can go after the ball carrier. The next kickoff brought Very Sunny weather, so I elected to pick up the ball with one of my Dancers rather than picking up with a lino and passing to my thrower deep in the backfield, which is what I normally would do. This probably ended up being a good thing, as my cage started much further forward than it normally would. The dark elves eventually attempted a blitz using a Witch Elf against one of my catchers who was a cage corner. This was rerolled, but the result of the first block was a push, and the dark elves skulled the single-die follow up block. This allowed me to punch a hole in their screen and advance the entire cage past their line of defense. They surrounded my cage on T15, so I opted to score on T15. I have the Treeman with Stand Firm and multiple Sidestep players, so it's nearly impossible to pull off a 1-turn touchdown against me unless you have a team full of Grab or something.

So neither of us really did anything on our respective T16s, ending in a 1-1 tie.

Somewhere along the way, one of my catchers committed suicide on a failed dodge, which I opted not to reroll since it was early in the match. That's now two dead players in the first two weeks of the season. I hope that trend does not continue.

16. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Transfemurs 1 - 1 Roll like an Egyptian

A well fought draw which I maybe could have won had I positioned my lone skeleton better when I knocked the ball loose on my turn 7. But in the end a draw was the fair result.

Both Blitz-ras have leveled up now just intime for me to have purchased a thro-ra for ball handling duties so the team is starting off ok, both games the MVP has gone to a blitz-ra as well which is nice though would be even better on my TGs.

Thanks for the game @Deithwen was an interesting Khemri mirror match and so fitting it kicked off with rain!

Deithwen likes this.
  17. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Drifters manage snag their first win of the season from MacTooshes nasty orc crew, 2-0 for the dead guys...lots of violence too with a wight regenning death and orcs loosing both their agi4 players to death and mng on another blitzer.

GG MacToosh

18. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    A very tense game, I'd made a couple of pretty stupid mistakes, but ultimately wasn't punished for them. Interesting that there were only two casualties in the match, one on a dodge and one on a foul, and the second one succeeded on the regen roll.

Thanks for the game!

Street likes this.
  19. Farsha

Farsha Active Member

Steam Username:
    Farsha
    Cyanide Username:
    Farsha
    Country Flag:
    Orks'Ur'Us 1:0 Ratilla Style.

Orcs scored on turn 8, only risk they really had to take was 1die block agains ROgre, otherwise the progressed at steady pace like a lawn mower.
    Rats were really close to 1TTD on their turn 8, GRunner failed the very last dodge.
    Similarly Rats were +2 dodge from scoring in the second half but failed and thus lost.

@chakkal2001 Thx for the game, should have been draw, see you next time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  20. JaspersaurusRex

JaspersaurusRex Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tasteytaco
    Cyanide Username:
    Jaspersaurusrex
    Country Flag:
    My Team the Undead of Black Dynamite!! face off against Tusak's Necro team Cadaverous Eagle Owls. I finally get a game without rain!! exciting.

He received first and was marching it down field, not much I could do as he has a lot of guard. I was hitting everything with mb that I could but couldn't seem to get anything off the board, He knocked out a skeleton with his wight and the removals started.

Another skeleton was pushed out and I was doing a good job staying back and not getting into a brawl with him, cornering him and hoping to make a late play on the ball or force the early score. Then on turn 5 he removed 3 guys. I was down to like 5 guys left and he was in scoring range, it was now or never. I used my blodgestep ghouls to get into his makeshift cage and put tackle on the ball. Little hope it would work, but hey it's something. As he kept swinging and moving my sidesteppers around I think he realized he just needed to go for the score. He missed his dodge, and burnt the reroll missing it again and injured his only ghoul! I had hope! with no one to mark his guys, and the ball on the out of bounds line, all i could do was pray he didn't make a 2 gfi 1 dice blitz, get the push and make 2 more gfi with a pick up and score on turn 8. Well, he did it no reroll needed. meh.

Second half started with the dreaded perfect defense and he put flesh golems all up in my face. I picked up the ball and made what blocks I could. Burnt a reroll for nothing and on his turn he caved my entire right side, i was in trouble. With that I shifted left hard and Black Dynamite put the werewolf out of the game with a blitz, then the mummy took out a zombie and another zombie injured a 3rd zombie. I had my own 3 removal turn and now all he had on the left side of the field was a knocked down flesh golem, the race is on.
    My right side ended up getting up and making a comeback, hitting and tieing up half his team wiht 4 guys, while I escorted the new ghoul down the field with 2 blodgesteppers, trying to remove every peice he had. I killed his best flesh golem who made his regen, then I killed his MB wight who did not. I chain fouled the Wolf star trying like mad to keep him down and out. I then just stalled it out till turn 16.

Was a good game, my opponent played well and I almost kept him out of the endzone with only 5 guys on the field.

Another game, another no levels to my team, the whole team is so dang close to leveling... hope it happens soon. I got some big games coming up and could use a load of skills.

sbr32 likes this.