1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch Season 8: MD 3 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Swuul, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    Indus Division, my Pineforest Guardians (Wood Elves) vs Bulls Metal Jacket (Chaos Dwarves) coached by @Jeliel ended in a 1-1 draw.

Matchreplay uploaded.

The wood elves started with the offensive, but after quite a few blocks went awry and the Wardancer couldn't get hold on the ball (he must have been a bit dazed due having been chain-fouled for the period, but the Bribed referee had a severe cause of temporal blindness), one of the Bull Centaurs bulldozed through and scored on turn 8.

It did look grim for the woodelves at the start of the second half, but a combination of rain making it impossible for the hobgoblin to pick up the ball and some wardancer magic saw the woodelves tie on turn 15.

Thank you Jeliel for the match, I had already lost all hope after first half, but then Nuffle started to feel pity of my beaten wood elves.

sbr32 likes this.
  2. chakkal2001

chakkal2001 Active Member

Country Flag:
    First win for the Ratilla Style! Against the Chaos Invasive Pest Species coached by @troxbirds

Basically, wizard. Chaos receive and score in 4 turns, rats score back in 3 after some problems due to my sloppiness not noticing +1MOV on a beastman. Rats score back at last turn of first half thanks to a wizard and a lone carrier in the backfield.

Second half rats receive and score in 3. Chaos score back in another three turns. By that time I have like 7 rats on the pitch and there's only two turns left, so we just secure the ball for the 3-2 win.

Thanks for the match!

sbr32 likes this.
  3. troxbirds

troxbirds Active Member

Steam Username:
    troxbirds
    Cyanide Username:
    troxbirds
    Country Flag:
    gg @chakkal2001

I made two really stupid moves in the first half -- bad positioning basing a ghoul about to score, and not moving the ball upfield on my turn 8 crazy play before getting 1-in-9d on a block -- that was essentially a two TD swing.

Still, I had a chance to tie it on turn 16, but the worst possible scatter near the end zone made me have to roll a 4+ 2+ 3+ 2+ which was a bit too much.

For this awful team though, it's nice to blame my mistakes for the loss instead of dreadful dice!

Nuttyfessor and sbr32 like this.
  4. YsengrinSC

YsengrinSC Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    YsengrinSC
    Country Flag:
    @GeneralMarauder's Agonizing Demise (Chaos) 1:2 The Great Zardulus (Skaven)
    1550:1390 (2 mercs)

Nuffle saved my ass this game. I elected to receive to try and take some of his nice beastmen off the field. This did not go as planned (including losing a merc. linoman fouling on the first turn for a stun), and some really sloppy caging and pushes when I needed a down led to a multi-turn scramble for the ball. His AG+ beastman failed to pick up an open ball, allowing a few pushes and handoff to get a GR off alone in the endzone. But I greeded to delay, and forgot how to count to seven. But nuffle had my back, and 3 dodges and ball pickup let me score the following turn. However none of my three Skaven on the bench came up, and between the fouls and injuries that left me with 6 pieces. Got a Blitz kickoff with 2 turns for the chaos so I thought it was going to be safe. But failing a GFI and not wanting to re-roll, the ball bounced out of bounds, into an unguarded lineman, who simply walked down and scored, tying with Chaos still to drive.

Fortunately I got a deep kick, and still had 3 GRs on the pitch with a wiz. A lightning bolt allowed me to knock the ball out of bounds and have another GR pick it up, and pull the lead. I figured it was going to go to a 2-2 (or maybe 1TTD for a 3-2) tie because I still ended up with only 7 pieces on the pitch. Lost 3 of the line pieces immeaditly, and figured with 4 turns I wasn't going to be able to prevent a score. But then in a series of unfortunate events a Chaos warrior failed to catch a handoff on turn 15, and then I sidestepped onto the ball and a piece that had already moved caught it (which had happened to me earlier in the match). MVP has to go to Sneej (even if it didn't in game) for getting two completely essential CAS to keep numbers even.

GG GeneralMarauder, you played very well, I hope we get to play again in the future, and I can play a better game!

sbr32 likes this.
  5. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Game-of-Thorns got a 3-1 victory over @jrpeart 's Skryre Skavengers. I had the ball; first and scored. I was able to prevent a return score with a 1-die :pow: on the ball carrier, leading to the ball being in a ton of my TZs. In the second half, the Skaven got nuffled hard, with a Blitz! event on the opening kick of the second half, and the attempted pass thrown accurately but not caught. This led to an easy recovery of the ball and my second score. The Skaven countered with a 1-turn touchdown. By then, the CAS against the rats were piling up. Arya lived up to her namesake, inflicting two CAS, one kill (confirmed by Apothecary) and a couple of KOs. I was able to stall until T16 and score the extra touchdown that might be helpful in the standings at the end of the season.

6. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Lustria

Roll like an Egyptian
    (me, Khemri ) 1:0 Littlefinger’s Ladder (@Stringer Bell, Chaos )

Despite the fact that my mistakes allowed my opponent two-die blocks on the ball, somehow, mostly due to luck, I managed to score on turn 8. The second half started with a blitz and was a complete circus with both teams rolling double skulls like crazy, however, l got lucky again and stole the ball on a one-die and then caught it after a failed pick up. Then I was just stalling for 3 turns on my side of the pitch.

Interesting that I managed to KO only 1 player, whilst he injured one and KO'd three (I think) of his own pieces on failed dodges and blocks. Anyway, it was a very interesting experience, thanks for the game @Stringer Bell!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    So my opponent got a blitz kick off result and then made the 5+ catch in a tackle zone to get the ball. He also made a 4+ dodge to blitz my ballcarrier on 3 occasions all of which resulted in me losing the ball.
    I also suffered 4 injuries to his none.

However as we all know all that matters is getting the ball into the endzone.
    I did that better and won 2-0.

8. Haukionkala

Haukionkala Active Member

Steam Username:
    Haukionkala
    Cyanide Username:
    Haukionkala
    Country Flag:
    Yeah. I certainly did have a fair bit of luck in some occasions like that. In others, Nuffle was definitely on your side! For example my only werewolf was out for most of the first half and a part of the second one too. Two of the injuries I caused were on the second to last and last turn when the game was already decided. According to BB2 Stats Grabber, you had a slightly better bash luck. It was a very bashy game too. Your luck was in the bashing and dodging (35 successful dodges, 2 failed ones, including a few into tackle zones) game most of the time, which forced me into a rather difficult situation. My luck was in a couple of hail mary attempts I wouldn't have needed without all that. All credit to you in making sure it was very difficult for me to capitalize on the success of those hail mary attempts though.

While Wulffsburg Medical did cause more casualties (4 to 1, not 4 to 0), Ankh Morporkh Watch made sure I never fielded a full team by causing 4 KOs to my 1, including my only werewolf.

As for the post-game... Damn you, Nuffle! I still can't afford another werewolf! My team will never be complete at this pace! More sacrifices will have to be conducted. I will instruct my cat to hunt down all the voles she can find and build a pyre. That sounds like a suitable sacrifice to Nuffle to ensure his favor in the next game.

Anyway, luck doesn't matter unless one makes good use of it. And you certainly did that. So congratulations on the victory!

9. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    At least you are building up to a werewolf.
    I bought and then immediately sacked a witch due to a typo.
    I had a rogue K in the name and didn't notice until I clicked confirm.
    Having the name spelt wrong would have annoyed me far more than losing the cash does.

GG

10. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Active Member

Steam Username:
    Stringer Bell
    Country Flag:
    GG I wish I could roll like an Egyptian. Good luck this season.

11. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    shadow runner
    Country Flag:
    L'Anguille's Brood Brets - @Rocketdeath 2-2 Chaos dwarfs We need bigger hats. I messed up on the first half by not realizing the bret blitzers could put pressure on the ball easily leading to the brets stealing and scoring. Managed to even the score before the end of the half. Second half short kick plus blitz means one again I was to aggressive and brets got pass my defences to take the lead once again. With a hand full of turns left managed to leave the game on a draw.

Rocketdeath and Poop Inspector like this.
  12. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    Indus.
    @GobbieMarauder - K. Rool's Crew (Lizard) vs @helGn - Soul Music (Necromanticish)
    TV wise King K. Rools Crew are the big ones in our division. They got saurues with block and some guard.
    TV wise, in this round my beat up sorry excuse for a team was I belive rock bottom. 660? vs alot more. 3 loners and 750k inducements. I was rolling in cash! Didnt quite frankly know what Id spend it all on!
    Picked up a wizard, babe, Ramtuk, and bribe or something. Atleast I thought I needed some strength and good luck if I was to survive K. Rool.
    As it turned out my boys must have had steel for breakfast today! They barely got knocked out at all! Meanwhile the lizards kept on dropping like flies! I thought well hello there, if I can just thin the line of sauruses enough then by the 2nd half I could sneak in a td and maybe even win this thing! It rained down hard all game so I more or less had to try to handle the ball with my WW. Here lied the problem. I wanted to hit with him too! And being a gambler I lept into the scramble in the middle with my WW with ball in hand. Of course nuffle had a good laugh and sendt my ass down on the ground for it. But it was OK. The ball had so much traffic around it that picking it up was a 6+ anyway. I kept on bashing, the lizards kept on getting knocked out. Right before half time I saw an opportunity that was too tempting. Most of the sauruses he had left was bunched up nicely and I know I shouldnt have sent a fireball their way. But hey, it was fun! I believe 1? maybe 2 sauruses K. Rool (krox) and skinks were left standing.
    Awesome right? Except they all got up in the 2nd half.
    He let his skink in the back open for a WW bliz on the kickoff, but it was clearly a trap. I rolled both down, he picked up the ball and ran it in for a TD. He even killed my WW, (thank god for regen!) but 2nd half I was never really in a position to win it. Did try my best to use the bribe, but I guess nuffle liked what he saw from the fouling so I never got called on it.

All in all I must say nuffle was on my side this match! AV9 more like paper and glue!
    Thanks for the match gobbie, I enjoyed it alot, but in the end you were better, more disciplined and deserved the win.

sbr32 and GobbieMarauder like this.
  13. GobbieMarauder

GobbieMarauder Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    GoobieMarauder
    Country Flag:
    Yes, you absolutely fell for my trap, because there's absolutely no way a player as skilled and experienced (and handsome!) as myself would accidentally leave their skink exposed like that. :cool:

gg wp :D

Mark Teal, Poop Inspector and helGn like this.
  14. Audren

Audren Active Member

Steam Username:
    Audren
    Cyanide Username:
    Audren11
    Country Flag:
    @Bainsy 's Nordic Nooblets vs Reepicheep's Rovers : 1-2

Bainsy won the injury battle in the first half, reducing me down to five rats as he scores turn 8. Fortunately, they're mostly KOs, and I manage a few injuries of my own, so I maintain a mans advantage for the second half. My 1ttd attempt with my newly minted 10 MV gunner Baby Carrots was thwarted by a blitz, but Robbie Rotten got a vanity pass to level and get Mighty Blow.

Second half I flounder about for a bit but manage to score around turn 12, giving him four turns to return the touchdown. Fortunately, I'm able to flood his ball carrier with gunners and get the ball into the hands of Baby Carrots, who scores the winning touchdown. Finally have enough saved up for Red Rogre, Red Rogre.

Thanks for the game, Bainsy, and good luck with the rest of your season!

sbr32 likes this.
  15. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The Disciples pick up their first win in the big leagues. 1 0 versus the Understudies coached by @tys123 (thanks for stepping in). It was a tight tense game where the Elves offense failed after having to roll too many dice to get away from the disturbing presence. On my drive I couldn't get enough Elves off the pitch to make it up the pitch easily and the AG5 guy was 1die blitzing my ball carrier (unsuccessfully) enough for me to have to dodge out with my 2heads guy whilst I had to use the Blitz to make space. On the Elves turn 15 I was out of position by 1 square allowing one last 1die which worked. I managed to clear the area but the blocks ate my reroll. So I had to rely on a no reroll ag3 pick up and hand off to score.

@TravelScrabble

edit
    TYS

my statsgrabber isn't uploading any chance you could have a go?

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    It looks like it is there now.

cjblackburn likes this.
  17. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Drifters manage to win against Cult of Tianlong after miserable 1st half, a win that cost the team sorely needed guard with Paranoid Patella the Wight dying in a more permanent manner.

Thanks for the game Filadeus.