1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch Season 8: MD 5 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by helGn, Sep 13, 2017.

1. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    The learningprocess contines for soul music!
    We got smacked by @Kubusta 1-0. But it was as onesided 1-0 as 1-0 gets!
    I started the game in the most stupid and greedy way. Fucked up pos, noobed on what to do first. Got greedy with my wolf and couldnt pick the ball up with my ghoul. Left a side weak since i relied on speed and brains. So far had 0 of 2 :) the dwarves knocked us out alot in the early parts, left us thin on the line. They scored in the 8th round. We had a few chances for sacks in the 2nd. But the score were never gonna go any other way than a dwarf victory. If they wanted they would have scored more. My wolf woke up abit today. Being a lvl 2 with MB did help. The others pushed alot. Kubusta changed his dices in the 2nd. Didnt really broke much more armor and as some say for some reason, bobs your uncle :D haha
    Thank you for the game @Kubusta :)
    The ONE thing I REALLY needed was cash though!
    And there I rolled a sweeeeet 1 :p

2. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    In the Indus division my Pineforest Guardians (Woodies) beat 2-0 the Ankh Morpork Watch (Dark Elves) coached by @tys123

The match was played in a Blizzard (my woodies have so far ended up in Blizzard or Rain in all matches; not for the whole of the match before this though). The Dark Elves hired a wizard for the match. The Dark Elves had to hire four Lone linemen to fill up the ranks, the Woodies needed two Loners.

The Woodies began attacking. Both teams blocked a lot, and the KO box saw players from both teams. The Treeman did beat one Blitzer to the Injury box (Miss Next Game). On turn 7 the woodies Catcher scored, his shirt still smoking as the wizard had fireballed him and a couple other woodies. The darkies still had two turns to score, but some Wardancer magic (Leap, knock out the ballcarrier to KO box, pick up the ball from a tackle-zone, dodge out and GFI (in snowstorm), ie the usual wardancer stuff), and the darkies were unable to bring him down on their last turn.

Second half saw all woodies wake up from KO box, but one dark-elf still needed to recover, so full lineup of woodies versus nine darkies (of whom four were Loner linemen). The darkies nearly succeeded to get away, but the Dark Elf blitzer failed a dodge to an empty square. The Wardancer picked up the ball, and even though he was a few turns later brought down by heroic efforts, the Wood Elf Catcher ran in the second TD on the last turn.

Thank you tys123 for the game. I made a couple humongous mistakes, but Nuffle did smile to me today. The final nail, as you mentioned during the match, was when I got a full lineup for second half and you didn't. Woodelves with a two-man advantage is just as rare as it is nasty.

EDIT: Replay uploaded.

3. Haukionkala

Haukionkala Active Member

Steam Username:
    Haukionkala
    Cyanide Username:
    Haukionkala
    Country Flag:
    Wulffsburg Medical achieves its first draw (1-1) today against Taryn's Shiver coached by @Sataric in a particularly tense match.

Finally able to field two werewolves it was a hopeful start for the match. I won the coin toss and decided to let the rats attack first. The Necromantic team was quicker on the kickoff though (Blitz event) and managed to get a wolf and a couple of other players onto the Skaven side of the pitch, even picking up the ball. Skaven got it back though but it remained very close to their endzone. Unfortunately for me, a serious pushing mistake allowed an easy escape for a Gutter Runner and the Skaven scored on turn 4 or 5. That left some time for a Wulffsburg offence but this time the rats were quicker (they got a Blitz event) and things got bogged down. First half ended 1-0 for Taryn's Shiver.

The second half was a long, slow grind towards the endzone. There were some very tense moments but my Dr. Wilhelm von Wulff managed to keep the ball and score on the very last turn. It left a small chance for a 1-turner for the rats, though since I had two Stand Firm players on the line of scrimmage it was going to be unlikely. Sataric decided not to set up for it and that proved to be a good idea since a rock knocked out my lone line zombie.

In other good news for Wulffsburg, a rat called Lance decided to join Wulffsburg Medical after suffering an unfortunate case of death during the match. In addition, we earned enough money to hire a ghoul. All in all a very good match. Thanks, @Sataric !

helGn likes this.
  4. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    A great match for sure. Your advances during the second half was extremely difficult to stop, especially since I was outnumbered by then after the injuries I had taken during the first half of the match. But it was a very enjoyable match, and that is the most important aspect of a Blood Bowl game I must say. Development for my team wasn't great, but luckily I got the MVP on a Gutter Runner and that allowed him to pick up Block. That will help significantly for my match next week, because then I'll be up against the scary Lizards in our division, and every skill that adds to my survival will be huge.

5. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Eshin Strikers (@Supa, Skaven) 3:1 Roll like an Egyptian (me, Khemri)
    I chose to receive and after injuring an AG5 Gutter Runner I thuoght that maybe I had a chance in this match-up, but unfortunately I miscounted the squares and allowed a 3+ 2+ 2+ one-die blitz on the ball. It succeded, and an agile rat has scooped the loose ball, but snake eyed the dodge. Unfortunately, you can't really rely on Khemri to pick the ball back up, and even though another Thro-Ra has caught it on the bounce the rats had an easy one-die blitz on him. This allowed the rats to just outrun the slow Khemri and get the ball to the endzone. In the second half my opponent was better at positioning and wasn't afraid of making plays that were a little risky, and that allowed him to relatively comfortably end the match. Well, my luck had to run out some day, but at least I got Block on my Tomb Guardian!. Thanks for the game, @Supa, good luck in the rest of the season.

Supa likes this.
  6. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Yup, despite a couple of snake eyes, Nuffle really helped me a plenty of times, apparently favoring my little risks with huge upside. My armor was quite good once again. I played the whole game shorthanded, but oh boy could it have been so much worse for me. Most damage was done to me by the first turn, after that it wasn't so bad anymore.

Thank you for the exciting match! Good luck with the rest of the season, you're in good position to get far with your healthy roster, while almost everyone are about to level up. Hopefully my key players will stay healthy, Nuffle's clearly planning a fatal matchday for me...

Deithwen likes this.
  7. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    As predicted, I am now going to go 0-0-5 in the last part of the season. Madness Ensues beats me 2-1, with my best player, MV9 AG5 Strip Mighty Blow War Dancer getting killed, of course after I use my apothecary to save my Block Treeman. Also, strength busted Catcher, and two MNG in the next game. With no money to replace the dead Dancer, it seems like at least my next game is a guaranteed loss, and probably more after that as well.

8. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    Ravers likes this.
  9. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Yeah that was a beating. Never had a game where we did not even get a KO, and we've had a few games. No idea why I did not push you into the endzone that T16, may have got away with a totally un-deserved draw if I had, I can only think I was not expecting the crazy dodging to work. Will see the season out, but starting to think about a new team for next season. Your Humans are looking good but maybe a little bloaty, I'm sure Nuffle will trim the fat soon enough;). Grats and gg.

10. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    they are def. bloaty, i'll play the next game at 2k. I almost never carry skills on linemen when i play humans, but this particular team has had trouble keeping blitzers alive so they have been in a constant state of rebuilding. They've been stable for the last 10 games or so while the lineman have stayed static and it's caused my TV to shoot up. Most of those lineman see LOS duty though, so I'm with you. I think Nuffle will clean some of them up sooner rather than later. it wont be the end of the world. Frankly i'm shocked that I've gotten through Nurgle, 3x Orcs, and Norse w/o any trimming. still got dwarves, bashy lizards, and more nurgle to ahead to pick up their slack

11. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    Crazy game in cathey, as the chorfs defeat @riffCannon and his necro 2-1. Going into this game, I was worried because riff had 5 extra games played, a mb claw block wolf, 2 guard wights, and 2 block fgs.

I received first and caged up, making safe blocks on zombies, blitzing that mb wolf where I could. I managed to foul it and get it off the pitch around t4, but my dp was carded. The cas wolf regened, so I knew id have to deal with him again. I then concentrated on the other wolf, but couldnt knock him out, as it started to get close to t8. I managed to score in ny last turn, thinking I secured a 1-0 half. On riffs t8, I left 3 linemen and put my guys way back, but didnt spread them out. Riff used multiple chain blocks to get a wolf in.scoring range, and scored after 2 gfi. I was amazed, impressed, and maf at my self!

2nd half starts with the heat kickoff event, which kept the regular wolf off the pitch! I had a lino off myself. Riff was blitzing with the other wolf and due to its position, I blocked with a bull and got a kill on it! Regen saved it tho, but now I had no wolfs to deal with. Riff had a blodge ghoul tho, and it almost broke away twice with the ball. I put that ghoul on the ground at least 4x, with 2 fouls, but it remained in game. Around t14 my ag 3 bull grabbed the ball and beoke away, to be caught by a fg who got in front of him... on t16, I needed to dodge back, then make 3x gfi, which I did and won. My ag3 bull also has dodge, which I.absolutely needed. I did suffer neg ag on a linemen.

Gg riff, I got pretty lucky to get the last td, to have a wolf out, etc. Gl rest of the season.

riffCannon likes this.
  12. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Another match day and another draw for the disciples who are slowly losing TV. I managed (mainly due to sudo's claws not being up to much) to score and get slightly ahead in injuries at the half with sudo down his ball carrier and his killer warrior. However a rock MNG to my claw MB warrior evened things back up and a misplay followed by a fizzled lightning bolt gave Sudo a chance to run it in. My 3 turn attempt was messy and failed on a snake eye gfi and a failed dodge.

13. GobbieMarauder

GobbieMarauder Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    GoobieMarauder
    Country Flag:
    K. Rool's Crew beats @Trixter 's The Walrus Team 3-1.

It was a much closer match than the score implies - my opponent regularly came within a single successful dodge or pass of scoring, but once his momentum was lost it quickly turned in my favor. It certainly didn't help that his wizard failed him at a crucial moment, either. GG, WP, good luck on your future matches! :)

14. JaspersaurusRex

JaspersaurusRex Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tasteytaco
    Cyanide Username:
    Jaspersaurusrex
    Country Flag:
    Nuln black Dynamite vs. Shadow and his hat themed chaos dwarf team.
    As is last time we played it rained.
    My opponent picked it up no problem and first block killed a zombie. We traded blows for five or so turns and then he makes a break down the sideline. I base him with both my blodgersteppers and bolt his super bull...Which just like last time we played...Did nothing again. Shocking. He makes a Dodge with his dwarf...Then pows one..Makes two more dodges with the bull and scores... Typical.
    On my turn I ko the Mino.. get the ball and cage up. He goes for it three times to get on the ball and fails the sack. My ghoul kills a bull..Saved by apoth but mng.
    Then I get up field with no one around and stall till turn 16. His super bull was also injured but made it...Too bad.
    Riot at the end to make it interesting for the second week in a row but nothing happened.
    Again I made him roll some scary dice and again he never missed. Also I can't roll a lightning bolt so I won't waste my time with one again.

helGn likes this.
  15. Trixter

Trixter Member

Steam Username:
    _Trixter_
    Country Flag:
    I was really lucky with my AV break. On the other side I was really screw by base activities with the ball. Not sure what is better =) At least I'm not blink the key moment for use Apo (instead of previous game..)
    You know guys, there is a significant difference between the participants of Russian leagues and, well .. foreign (for me). This is attitude to the opponent.
    Often English-speaking people say to me "well-played, You're good, good luck in the future" and so on. And you do this not only when the cubes roll in your favor =) This helps not to RAGEquit the game and go to the pitch next time. Thank you.
    I'm not sure that I will continue to train skavens (7 AV makes me too nervous). But in your league I will definitely stay for long =)

Swuul and helGn like this.
  16. JaspersaurusRex

JaspersaurusRex Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tasteytaco
    Cyanide Username:
    Jaspersaurusrex
    Country Flag:
    Wait, the Russian leagues aren't so nice? lol

17. Trixter

Trixter Member

Steam Username:
    _Trixter_
    Country Flag:
    Well, they not angry or rude. But words like "well done dude, good luck!" are not something ordinary.

JaspersaurusRex likes this.
  18. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    The Real Wyrmwood suffer a 2-0 loss at the hands (and claws) of Korrova's Florence Fossils. This was one of the deadliest games I've ever played, or at least it would have been if it weren't for regeneration -- two nurgle warriors and two flesh golems suffered fatal injuries, but all but one of the flesh golems (a level 2 or 3 chap who didn't look to have anything special going for him) reknit their wounds and rose up to play again in the next drive.

Things looked to be going well enough for me until my beast, Slurk, botched a crucial block at a moment when my BC (who was at the time about 4/5 of the way down the pitch) had gotten himself marked. I probably should not have started off with its block, but I was trying to set up for a push or something IIRC. I rerolled, Slurk didn't eat the reroll, but the reroll was worse (two "both down" to a red skull and a "both down"). That was that -- the necros seized on their opportunity, a ghoul grabbed the ball, and the little bastard ran in a TD before I could do anything about it (Nurgles are kinda slow).

I actually did knock down his BC during his drive, but my pestie couldn't get his hands on the (1P marked) ball despite using a reroll. One of Korrova's weres grabbed the ball and loped off down the pitch with it to score the second and final TD of the game.

Good game, Korrova. I made some cringeworthy mistakes (many of which involved the beast -- it may be that playing with the original Wyrmwood's amazing Block-enabled Gorbo for so long messed with my ability to handle Big Guys), I can't really blame this one on the dice as my players were dishing it out as well as they were taking it. OK, I do blame Slurk for that one crucial block fail, but the beast did at least make Korrova pay for his win by killing that Flesh Golem.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Regor likes this.
  19. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Active Member

Steam Username:
    Stringer Bell
    Country Flag:
    ouch

20. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    I noticed that a lot of our contrymen behave kinda impolite and inconsiderate on the internet. Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem nearly as widespread in real life. I guess I've made the right choice by not even considering joining a "local" BB2 league.:)