1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch Season 8: MD1 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Ravers, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Strut your funky stuff!

2. TomSchnizz

TomSchnizz Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Tom Schnizz
    Cyanide Username:
    Le Bread masqué
    Country Flag:
    Florence Fossils 0-2 Frank Intell's Fun Bunch

After a very rough and winless season in Nordland, Nuffle decided to deliver some kindness to the bunch and helped them get a much needed victory.

The game got spiced with 3 free bribes at kick-off events. Surprisingly, even with the addition of some claw/mb and dirty players on both sides, no serious damage occured. Only a mng guard/block fleshie for the bunch and a blodge/sh ghoul for my opponent.

Two level ups should help to forget the missing flesh golem. A new guard wight and a lucky +agi on the mb blodge wolf.

Thanks for the game @Korrova, good luck for the rest of the season.

sbr32, Ravers and stephB like this.
  3. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    In the Indus Division, two brand new teams faced each other in the Pineglade Stadium. It was the Pineforest Guardians (Wood Elves) of @Swuul versus my Taryn's Shiver (Skaven).
    The match ended with a 0-3 scoreline in the Rats favour.

The first half of the match worked out very well for the Rats for the most part. They started with the ball, scored pretty early, and got a decent amount of removals as well. Nuffle seemed pleased with there early performance, choose them to be his favorite, and thus rewarded them with a Blitz kick-off return that they capitalized on and only furthered their lead. The elves kept getting knocked out, and not too many of them woke up. As the first half was over, the rats had scored three times already, despite the elves playing most of their cards right. The only real tragedy for the Skaven was that one of their Gutter Runners - A young one named Ice - Took a career ending injury on his very first dodge attempt by rolling a 1 into 1, tripping, and breaking his collar bone and thus permanently losing a point of strength. I fired him on the spot.

Second half, however, both teams seemed to be about equally unlucky. The rats had the number's advantage now, but they still couldn't manage to score despite numerous attempts. They used up their rerolls trying to get the ball out of the hands of the talented Wardancer on the Guardian's team, and then kept failing simple rolls for picking up the ball and making very short passes over and over again. The last three of four turns they got basically nothing done - Although they came close on the very last turn of the match when they managed to pick up the ball and dashed for the touchdown zone, only to fail the GFI and trip on the final step. Oh well..

Overall, I think the Wood Elves played this one much better than the final standing may suggest. They made great use out of their tree throughout the entire match, and if they wouldn't have failed some crucial moves here and there, they would likely have scored more than once. Mister @Swuul was a great coach to play against though, and I am very happy that he's decided to join us here in the Big Crunch 2! Thank you for the game, once again.

sbr32 and Swuul like this.
  4. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    With friendly help of the mighty N, the Refe Rees triumph over the evil Dwarves. 3-1.

5. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    @stephB - Von Blitzers – Orcs 1 V 1 @ParaDoc - Reptile Dysfunction - Lizardmen.

My season gets off to a crazy start against Paradoc’s Lizards. We are pretty evenly matched at around 1900TV each so no inducements in play.

Paradoc wins the toss and elects for offence. On the first turn he injures one of my guard BO (-mv) which is an ominous start (thankfully no more injuries for me until a turn 15 foul results in a badly hurt). We swap further blitzes for a few turns and I manage to injure a skin and KO another, which forces him to score in T3. So I think great, 2-1 grind here we go!

Kick off result, perfect defense, no!!!! I spend the next 4 turns trying to get removals to free up space for a break but only manage another skink KO. On my turn 7 I do have an unmarked blitzer in midfield within scoring range, but my thrower is still on half way with two Sauri for company. He manages to dodge away and goes for the pass, however the Krox in 4 tackle zones intercepts!! (I know a 6 always works, but still!). Para cannot capitalise and I can’t take the Krox down on my last turn so 1-0 at the half. Only one of his KO’s come back so 2nd half start 11v10.

Kick off result, perfect defense, not again!!! To compound matters my killer fails his dauntless on a blitz (and the RR) to then rolls a skull. The ball was not secured with only a lone lineman standing next to it. He is bashed out the way and half of Paradoc’s team march into the area and the agi 5 skinks scoops it up. The next 6 turns are absolute bedlam as I attempt to get the ball back, in the process of which I injury the agi 5 skink and KO two Suaras which turns the tide in my favour and my luck holds out for some last ditch hits on other skinks within scoring range, one of which was done with an unskilled lino who came up with POW (with the RR).

I eventually manage to get the ball on my thrower who passes down field to my waiting blitzer who scarpers for the endzone and scores on turn 16. Paradoc tries for a 1T but thankfully fails and the game ends in a draw. A crazy game to start the season, at one point feeling confident of a 2-1 grind to staring a 2-0 defeat in the face within a matter of a couple of turns in the 2nd half.

Thanks for the fun game @ParaDoc, lets hope the rest of the season is a little more relaxing ;)

Martin ScoresEasy likes this.
  6. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Lizards are the leading race in interceptions, it is known. (Seriously, I know it's confirmation bias, but most of the interceptions for or against me were made by Saurus oder Krox...:rolleyes:)

7. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sad that my Lizzies are old and don't do things like that.. Maybe is all about position! Let the Kroxi intercept!

8. ParaDoc

ParaDoc Active Member

Steam Username:
    Doc (Link in Profile)
    Cyanide Username:
    ParaDoc
    Country Flag:
    Just looked it up my lizards are up to 6 interceptions. Was a really fun game, hopefully we can soften up some of the other teams for each other.

9. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    6 interceptions?????? I don't think I have had more than 2 total in about 500 games of BB.

10. Audren

Audren Active Member

Steam Username:
    Audren
    Cyanide Username:
    Audren11
    Country Flag:
    @FemurMuertez 's Snapping Tendons (Humans) vs @Audren 's Reepicheep's Rovers (Skaven): 1-0

Relatively decent first showing as Skaven. Humans win the coin toss and receive. I managed to get the ball free to a gunner, but Femur recovered the ball and slowly moved his way down the field. Got a BH and a MNG, but Sportacus the Stormvermin killed a Human Lineman, and the Catcher failed the dodge he needed to score. End of the half 0-0.

Received the ball in the second half, but didn't quite handle the typical 2-turning well. Things still looked alright until one of the Humans got their hands on the ball and the KO's really started kicking in. Four rats left on the field by turn 11. They tried their damndest both in defense and in a second 2-turn attempt, but couldn't make up the lack of numbers. 1-0 to the Humans at the end of the game.

Thanks for the game, @FemurMuertez , and best of the luck to the rest of your season!

Ilgoth, Orielensis and FemurMuertez like this.
  11. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Ostland

(Ging) Elite Copse 1 - 0 Grim Monoliths (Tillbeast)

No inducements for either side, and the undead chose to kick off and got an extra RR.

Not sure what was going on with my drive, my positioning wasn't great and I missed a couple of things which left me in uncomfortable situations for a number of turns on my drive. We also had a wardancer get injured (-AG) although the Apo successfully saved him to BH. In the end we had to score on T7 as stalling was not an option, 1-0.

0 from 1 KOs return, but we do get a Perfect Defence which pretty much nullifies the undead's chances of a 2-turn TD, however I think its at this point that my dauntless wardancer gets BH.

0 from 3 KOs so we're 9 v 11.
    The undead have no problem gathering the ball, and we just try our best to push them back when we can, and dodge away when we can't.
    Around T11 or 12 the tree gets KO'd and we just continue to scramble slowly back towards our own EZ.
    The Monoliths are knocking 1 or 2 elves down most turns but remarkably our armour is generally holding up, and in fact these 8 survive all the way through the remainder of the half.
    On T16 they are within scoring distance, but there are columns of sidesteppers between the ball carrier and the EZ.
    They go for a handoff from one ghoul to another, to be followed by either GFIs or a double-dodge, but unfortunately they fail the catch even with the RR. 1-0.

Thanks for the game @Tillbeast, as we mentioned in-game it was really close and each turn was really working our poor tired brains.
    Although my KO rolls weren't helpful, our better-than-usual armour more than made up for it.
    Good luck for the rest of the season - all that guard is going to be hard for the other teams to handle.

12. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, Nuffle gave me a big helping hand on those injury rolls.

Thanks for the game, it was very intense. And good luck with the rest of the season.:)

13. YsengrinSC

YsengrinSC Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    YsengrinSC
    Country Flag:
    Nuln

The Great Zardulus v. L'Anguille's Brood Coach: @Rocketdeath
    Skaven vs Brets
    3 - 0

Having taken a beating at the end of last season I was able to grab a wizard inducement- which proved pivotal for the match.

I won the toss and elected to defend (a choice I would probably flip next time). As would happen for most of the match Rocketdeath played very well, quickly moving around the field and going for a breakaway on turn 3 where he has slipped the ball past my defenses. However a lightning bolt felled the carrier, and I was able to run a Gutter Runner down and have him chuck it over a crowd into the hands of another GR. A turn 5 score was the best I could stall safely. On the second drive of the half the Brets finally started landing some KOs and a CAS. But a cage swarm led to one of the Brood trying a pass after having used a reroll on a double skull, which missed and bounced into the hands of my kicker. This led to a turn 8 score. Starting with the ball on the second half it look scary for a moment as I went for a greedy pitch removal with the ball carrier, but eventually was able to score on turn 13. Getting a blitz would have been a fourth point, but a GR got tripped with snake-eyes leaving 1 tackle zone. Rocketdeath made a great drive to score a well earned goal, but I had to try and block it, and was able to knock down the carrier.

Despite the scoreline, Rocketdeath played very well, and if the KOs and CAS had started in the first half, instead of the second, this score could easily have flipped. 3 mb bret blitzers was very scary with AV 7, and I consider myself pretty luck to walk away with only 3 CAS on starting players, though I do have to buy a new GR.

14. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm curious, why would you receive first next time, seems like your defense went great?

15. YsengrinSC

YsengrinSC Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    YsengrinSC
    Country Flag:
    If I didn't have a wiz, and my rats hadn't stayed on the field, I would have been in really bad shape because they still decent mobility, a mb advantage, and dodge spread around. And the relatively lower armor values on Brets could net me an early man advantage potentially if I can to make the first move.

16. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

First match of the season! Decent and tight match, no perm injuries just one badly hurt for me. I was very close to get even on my defensive half, but shamefully short pass to the catcher failed. :skull: Good and solid start to the season! Could have used some more SPP, but it's a baby step towards great season.

17. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Heroic Understudies start with a loss, snake eyes on the scoring play in the first half and then down by 4 players at the start of the second made this not very competitive.

18. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    shadow runner
    Country Flag:
    @Ilgoth Wurthügel Wardens (Humans) 1-1 We need bigger Hats (Chaos Dwarfs). First half went okay First half went okay but I started to lose focus about turn 7 and though I scored on turn 8 giving ilgoth a single turn which he couldn't score in. But I scored turn 7 and because of it ilgoth nearly scored in that half. I Didn't play my best game in the second half and made some sub-optimal plays. ilgoth scored leaving me three turns to win. I race up the field with a bull centaur and on the last turn I seen I could score through Ilgoths blockade with a 2 two die block then a blitz with the ball carrier into a break tackle into 3 gfi and the first block was double skulls.

19. Haukionkala

Haukionkala Active Member

Steam Username:
    Haukionkala
    Cyanide Username:
    Haukionkala
    Country Flag:
    In the Indus division, Wulffsburg Medical faced off against K. Rool's Crew (@GobbieMarauder ). The lizards took a clear 2-0 victory in a match plagued by several rather serious mistakes by the Wulffsburg coach. I blame a lack of focus on my part. Also Nuffle may not have favoured me today but GobbieMarauder took a fair share of Nuffle's wrath as well. This leaves Wulffsburg Medical in a tricky situation since the team's only Ghoul was killed and I had to fire a zombie who took a niggling injury, which leaves me short two players for the next match.

Thank you for the game, @GobbieMarauder !

Edit: I turst you'll upload the game to BB2StatsGrabber, since you won the game? (I got it working, after all!)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  20. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    A magnificent showing from my Norse in Nordland where we outscored the hated Orcs of @Martin ScoresEasy by 4 casualties to 1. Everyday Evelyn took a - AV, Blitzer Commonplace Carol is MNG, and Dull David II is even more dull now he is dead:cool:.

Amazingly my players emerged unscathed, even the apothecary was not called into action for once. We did suffer 1 cas and 9 KO's but such is life as a Norse in Nordland.

As to the game we lost 1-0. Bloody Orcs. Hate playing vs them. Very well positioned btw Martin.

Next up Nurgle I think. Yay.