1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Crunch Season 8: MD6 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Ravers, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Nordland Division.

The Blue Face Clan 0 : 2 Moon Shiners

My Norse went up against @doohickey and his Orcs, we first met last season in Altdwarf where he basically destroyed my team MD1. Revenge was on our minds:mad:.

Norse won the toss and chose to receive. Orcs rolled Blitz on the kick off, but that was about as good as it got for them. Their blitz was a :bothdown::bothdown:, my turn 1 I removed 4 Orcs:eek:, 1 cas from the Yeti and 3 KO's, including a DP foul. 11 vs 7 was fairly straightforward to stall and score T8, by then Orcs were down to 4 players on the pitch thanks to my Yeti going a bit crazy.
    T8 all the 3 KO's came back so Orcs had 9 players (3 cas). Their terrible Block Dice continued as they could not knock any Norse down, but did make a Black Orc vanity pass.

2nd Half and the Norse started to feel the attrition, linemen regularly departing whilst the Yeti continued his 1 man rampage. Eventually the Orc thrower got clear, the wizard was called for and we recovered and managed to score T16. Not a lot Doohickey could do to be honest. GG, revenge is sweet:).

2. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    A truly dispiriting match for the Disciples as they lose 2 1. A 4+ attempted catch at the end of the 1st half to equalise failed but I had enough Elves off of the pitch to think about the win in the 2nd half. However a pitch invasion with 7 Nurgz down followed by a failed pick up later and we are left looking likely to be relegated. This has not been my season.

3. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    The chorf in cathey take their first defeat to @Poop Inspector and his helf. I largely blame nuffle, but I did make some errors as well. My first turn on defense, I failed a gfi, rr into success, but then double skulled a 2db. I failed every dodge this game, and my opponent made several difficult ones. I got a few kos against the helves in first half but they all came back asap. I should of had a def td.in first half but I only have myself to blame. Gg poop

4. Poop Inspector

Poop Inspector Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nuffle was definitely on my side that game. But I think the only reason I won was because of the bad player placing on your turn 8. You should have scored there and then you would have grinded out the clock in the second half with a late TD (I couldn't stop your hard hitting offense).

Besides that one turn (and really only two player movements) you played great! Excited to play you again in the future!

5. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Lustria
    Roll like an Egyptian
    (me, Khemri) 2:0 Ratilla Style (@chakkal2001, Skaven)
    The game started with the Khemri on offence, the old bones managed to KO three rats and gracefully pick up the ball by the sideline, which led to a half consisting of a slow cage advance , by turn 6 the Skaven had given up trying to break the cage up and switched to defending their Gutter Runners from the Blitz-Ra with Tackle. Unfortunately for them said Blitz-Ra didn't go down on turn 7 and injured an AG5 GR on turn 8, just before the touchdown. The rats attempted a one-turner, and I got scared a little when they rolled Quick Snap, but 3+ catch failed. The Rat Ogre killed a Tomb Guardian, but thankfully regen saved him.

In the second half my opponent clearly was going for a tie, but, turns out, simply basing a TG is not enough. Thinking that I won't get a better chance I went for a 5+ dodge, succeeded and then pow'd the GR on a 3-die block. The rats managed to retreive the ball but their blodge GR was unprotected and fell prey to the Tackle Blitz-Ra. Amazingly, a Tomb Guardian caught the scatter (I think I've had my Khemri catch scatterred ball in every game so far) and after a grand total of 6 GFI's scored a touchdown, levelling up and getting Block (second TD to do so).

@chakkal2001, thank you for the game, Nuffle was harsh on you this time, or, rather, kind to me, I got extremely lucky on the dodge+pow, and generally rolled very well. Hope your other games are going to go better!

6. chakkal2001

chakkal2001 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Good game @Deithwen. In matches with dice like that barely anything else matters but you played very well nevertheless and have nothing to take from you.
    I'm basically losing all my matches to that kind of moves this league. 5+ dodges from mummies or centaurs dodging and passing and catching, doesn't matter, if I ever try something similar I get dead rats, and when I go for the conservative stuff, I get snake eyes. Looking forward to end this season tbh.

7. troxbirds

troxbirds Active Member

Steam Username:
    troxbirds
    Cyanide Username:
    troxbirds
    Country Flag:
    Invasive Pest Species 2 at Eshin Strikers 0
    It took 15 games for Nuffle to finally ease up on the Pests. They weren't men down in the first few turns, they knocked some rats off the pitch, sweltering heat worked in their favor, knocked out rats didn't come back, and their apo even brought their dead best pest back to perfect condition. I was waiting for the ridiculous thing to happen, and it almost did on Turn 8 when a warrior rolled skull-skull-push on a 3DB, but a push was all that was needed to spring the ball carrier to the end zone.

8. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    In the Indus division my Pineforest Guardians (Woodies) beat 2-1 the Czech Beer Dwarves (Dwarves) coached by @Kubusta

The match was played in a Nice weather (very nice, the weather changed twice to Nice and for the very final turn to Very Sunny). Neither team got any inducements, neither needed Loners to fill up the ranks.

The Woodies decided to defend. Both teams blocked a lot (during the match Dwarves blocked 70 times, the woodies 69 times), but Dwarf was steel hard while the woodie armour (not so very suprisingly) was paper. However, the woodies only suffered Stuns and Knockouts. The wardancer knocked himself out on turn 1 when he failed a dodge to reach the loose ball on the ground. Dwarves slowly grinded through the field, and scored on turn 8. The woodies still had a chance for a 1 turn goal, but the catcher failed the third GFI and fell down on the goal line.

Second half saw all but one of the woodies wake up from KO box. The Wardancer got the ball, and even though the dwarves attempted several times to bring him down he ran in the equaliser on turn 13. The Dwarves attempted some fancy passing play with a hand-off, but fumbled the ball, and the Wardancer and Catcher immediatly were there to pick up the ball. The Wardancer ran in the winning goal on turn 16. The Dwarves still had one turn, and blocked 5 times and got one line-elf to Badly Hurt (casualties ended 2-1 in the favour of the Dwarves).

Thank you Kubusta for a hard fought match. If I may give you advice for the future, I think you should learn how to defend vs one-turners, they seem to be very common in Big Crunch. Other than that you did a good job I think, but happily for me the woodies did stay out of the injury box; it is not easy to defend against a Wood Elf team who have equal number of players on field.

EDIT: Replay uploaded.

9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Matchweek 6 delivered human-on-human fight, which I was bit afraid of. Same race, but completely different styles and it showed. Match ended in a 2-2 draw, which was rather pleasing for me after horrendous first five turns that put me 0-2 spot.

[​IMG]

I started in defense, and my plan was to force @MalicWanderer into an early touchdown and then get even before halftime. It worked out to a perfection, he scored on T2 but the problem is he soon stole the ball from me and with lucky enough scatter his catcher ran for a second touchdown, only five turns into the game. I remember putting my hands on my face, telling myself 'alright you have been here before its cool, you the president'.

Third kick-off of the game dropped the ball far to my sideline, and Malic was eager to pressure me once more and sent his players aggressively to my side. This opened up a solid passing play for me, that succeeded and my catcher almost ran for a touchdown. He was sacked, but my thrower managed to scoop up the ball and pass it to him - this time catcher reached the end zone. At halftime game was already 1-2.

My offensive half started all well, and first block with MB blitzer caused a death on opposing blitzer. To his luck, enemy apotechary is worth of his salary. Both of us placed Ogres on LoS and kick-off event granted us bribes. My Ogre smacked the other down, and I used Grab to place him into a fouling spot. With 6+ foul, my DP lineman caused Badly Hurt and enemy big guy was out. Then I started my usual grind towards the TD, taking my time with it and trying to screen sackers. With GFIs and dodging, Malic was able squeeze my ballcarrier a lot but I managed to break him free for a moment. Inbound sack scattered the ball on my blitzer who then took his chance to run away - with some work and my unsuccessful blocks, Malic managed to sack once again. Another mayhem was to begin, my thrower failed the pick-up but lucky bounces gave the ball to my block lineman. With aid from his teammates, he was protected for tieing touchdown on my T16.

Lot of SPP gained across the roster. I believe in total the team gained 21SPP. I was rather blessed with injury rolls, but given the amount of blocking I made I kind of played towards this. Glad I was able to get it even after the awful beginning. Team rocks 3rd in standings for now, next week we are going against ex-Altdwarf rats coached by @Smeik - season wise I need a win there. ;)

Benjen Wolfhide was knocked out mid-point of the first half, and never got up. Team gives no comments on his well-being. :confused::confused:

10. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    The Revenge of an Elf cruise to an easy 2-0 victory over Game-of-Thorns. Game was effectively over after 2 KOs in the first half and my first two fouls leading to ejections (with no armor breaks). Down 4 players, I had basically no way of getting a tie, so I continued fouling to try and get my players ejected so they couldn't get hurt. On 5 fouls, I had 4 ejections, and 0 armor breaks.

11. YsengrinSC

YsengrinSC Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    YsengrinSC
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    My game against @Smeik was essentially decided by the dice. I went out to grab a quick score on turn two, made easy by Smeik failing his first 2+ dodge (but not anywhere near the last). Then on the defensive my fireball knocked down/out 3 players including the ball carrier, and Hakflem Skuttlespike could run in a grab it. Some more silliness happened, including failing a 4+ w/ reroll that would have knocked the ball carrier down. Throughout this Smeik's Rogre refused to move, his CloMBer didn't get more than stuns, and his GRs kept being knocked off the pitch. The second half continued in that trend.

Apologies Smeik, I hope we get to play again with fairer dice!

12. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Honestly if someday @Ilgoth wants to give any mostresilient coach trophie i want to name @Smeik ! After his season in altdwarf, nuffle was his worst nightmare, the time got wrecked in pieces, but he still fight every season!

Ilgoth likes this.
  13. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nothing to apologize for! The nuffling (again) was pretty bad o_O, but I also played pretty sloppy and you took great advantage of the situation like any good skaven should. But I too hope, that the next time we meet my team will be a harder nut to crack. GG and GL for the season-finale.