1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules Blitz and Follow up Rules Clarification

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Matt Spencer, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Matt Spencer

Matt Spencer New Member

Steam Username:
    spemat
    Country Flag:
    I was wondering if you could help me with some clarification of rules on Blitz for the Tabletop edition of Blood Bowl (2016).

I declared a blitz action with a model and halfway through my move blocked an opponent model. I rolled an outcome that I would expect that I would be able to follow-up. Upon stating that I would follow-up, I was told that I couldn't because it was a blitz action and would need to make a dodge roll to enter into the square instead. Given that I was a new player, I decided not to make a big deal about it, but it seemed disadvantageous given the circumstances.

Is this truly the case? I have read the rules and as far as I could see the rules state that I would perform all of the typical actions of a block, which I assume includes the option to follow-up after a block (if the outcome allows it). Given that Blood Bowl 2 allows it as well, I'm not sure why it isn't the case in tabletop.

I was playing Humans against a Wood Elf team and as far as I could recall the defending model did not have fend.

Thanks for your time.

2. Dionysian

Dionysian Member

Country Flag:
    There's no dodge roll on the follow-up. You have to decide whether to follow-up before rolling the armour dice tho, so if you'd rolled armour already it's too late to choose to follow-up. Otherwise your opponent was in error (assuming defender did not have and use fend).

3. Matt Spencer

Matt Spencer New Member

Steam Username:
    spemat
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Dionysian,

There was no armour roll applied at that time.

Can anyone else confirm that Dionysian is correct? I believe his position, just would be good to have a consensus on this in the build-up to my next match.

4. JaspersaurusRex

JaspersaurusRex Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tasteytaco
    Cyanide Username:
    Jaspersaurusrex
    Country Flag:
    Yes
    He is correct

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Dio is also quite an experienced TT coach, he would know.

6. Matt Spencer

Matt Spencer New Member

Steam Username:
    spemat
    Country Flag:
    Thanks all,

I'll be sure to pull this thread up should it be disputed again this weekend.

7. Dionysian

Dionysian Member

Country Flag:
    BTW the rules section you're looking for is on page 5 of BB2016 rules under the subheading 'Follow-Up Moves' which explicitly states both that 'the player can ignore enemy tacklezones' and that 'A player that is blitzing is allowed to make a follow-up move'

sbr32 likes this.