1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underworld Blitzers lvl-up question

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Spartakus, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    So i think i need some advices regarding what skill to take for one Blitzer of my CC Underworld team.

Here's my team roster :
    [​IMG]

So Danton reached another level next game and i rolled 11. I think ag5 for a blitzer may be a waste a TV, as Blitzers need skills to hurt or support other players imho. I was leaning to MB/Tackle and then Stand Firm for Danton.
    Robespierre will go Horns/Jugg i think and i would love to take Frenzy too, but Pile On is perhaps a better choice...

So my question is , MB or Tackle first for Danton ? I have a Wrestle/Tackle lino so i can afford to take MB first i think and he'll reach another lvl faster with MB. Or, i'm a fool and i need to take +AG ?

What are your thoughts on that guys ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  2. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    i think danton's ability to get guard anywhere on the pitch combined with robes' pitch removal is priceless. ag 5 makes that guard show up in even worse places for your opponents. it probably would've made our game harder on me (not that it was easy in the first place)

3. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    i say AG as well....he's a hyper-mobile guard, as ken says, and he's a good clutch ball blitzer for clutch moments. Just having him on the pitch will make your opponents creep a super-conservative defense forwards after he flies through a screen a couple times.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    At agi 5 he can desperation blitz into a cage quite effectively don't pass that up

5. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    [Hey does this mean that you won?

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    AG 5 does mean he'll be about as good at dodging as your goblins (ignoring one TZ completely is nice) and he'll be a receiving threat even when marked. Yes, he won't be a "blitzer" but rather a gutter runner. On the other hand, Grunners is what the UW team is lacking in..

7. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    and who in their right mind fires a +1ST +1AG gutter runner just because it lost 2 mv

8. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    Nah I play my game tomorrow, he lvled-up vs Miicr0 Woodies last game.

Well you almost convinced me guys. Thing is, even with ag5, he's not an evovled elf/gutter as he doesn't have dodge (or access to dodge on normal roll). Yeah ag5 offers some new options (assist for my wrestle/2-head gob for example), but without build reroll, i don't like doing several dodges in a row (I fear the 1's).
    That being said it could be nice to have this kind of scoring threat, especially when i have only 2-3 turns to score.

I think i'll not be choosy and take what Nuffle gives me. (maybe you convinced me after all :D)

9. Miicr0

Miicr0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Miicr0
    Country Flag:
    I would sack both your blitzers alltogether :rolleyes: they're too much of a hassle to deal with! Imagine having to keep them BOTH safe (and not giving your opponent a chance to maul him :pow:!).

I would give him the +Agi. It should add a lot of options to your play, especially with positioning. I think you'd benefit a lot from the freedom you would get, and the threat this blitzer could be (both on offense or defense) to help you get out of nasty situations and scrums by getting a nice bit of guard in. What are you playing next?

10. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    Leaving the blitzer aside imo you need a couple of foul appearance gobbos. Not only does it give you some players that may not explode into a fine mist when deployed on the LoS, but they have the capacity to drive your opponents bonkers which is always worth it, trust me :D

11. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    Miicr0, i play Chakkal's Lizzies next, tomorrow.

FA is nice for LOS gobs, but it's rare to see one of them reach lvl3 . For me, 2-heads as a 1st normal skill is mandatory and i love taking sidestep next. IF (big if ;)) my gobs reach this lvl i like to give them FA then, but not before.

12. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    eh, if they have SS, DT will probably give you more than FA will. In fact, 2 goblins with just DT and SS (instead of 2heads) would end up as a nice deterrent for other teams. Stick one next to their best blitzer during clutch moments.

13. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    And if they get to a third skill, prehensile tail.

14. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    I alternate Two Heads/FA for level one gobbos and it's working out pretty decently for me on my team. Nice thing about FA is it's not countered by any skills whatsoever and Side Step for example can be pretty much a waste of a level up given the number of block/tackle, and probably MB too, players you run into who will turn your goblin into a smear on the astrogranite. Sure 5 times out of 6 the result is the same, but that other time is always golden.

15. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    I see your point about FA, but i think for 20k 2-heads is way better as a 1st skill. I tend to dodge a lot with my gobs : dodging away from players to reform a defensive screen, marking prone guys and then dodge away, to run behind the defense... 2-heads makes you dodge better than elves. It makes TTM "easier" too. SS next because it opens some nice options near the sidelines (and with DT next to mark players).
    But it's just how i like to play Uwd's.

Otherwise, i've won my last playoff game. Had some luck, tying the game with a TTM and starting 2nd half with a pitch invasion in my favour too.
    Danton scored the late winner. Chakkal made it tough and i needed 3 dodges (two in 1 TZ) to run and score. So yeah, AG5 is nice :D.
    Robespierre CAS a skink to reach another level and i rolled... 11 !
    I was leaning towards Horns/Frenzy/Jugg next but i don't know if Frenzy is a good with Uwd's with not much guard access.
    Piling On is the other sensible choice for a killer. But i want him to be more than a killer (crowd-push threat, Jugg to deal with wrestlers AND Stand Firm).
    It could be nice to have another mobile blitzer and to take +AG but he has so more other useful skills to take...

So, any thoughts on that guys ?

16. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'd be tempted towards PO to get the most out of his blitzes even though it does leave him vulnerable to a foul. I think frenzy is nice but would get horns first, with str 4 he can really terrorize the sidelines. Agi 4 would leave him more mobile but I suspect he won't be getting marked up too much anyway.

All the same I lean towards po - Clawpomb is feared for a reason.

17. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    If i rolled a double before an he had Jump Up, i'll be taking PO without any hesitation. Plus most of the time he hits and hides behind gobs because i want him protected and not "out of the action".

I think i'll go with Horns, and we'll see after that if he's still alive. Having ST4 to blitz (and mv7) is really handy with Underworld (to hit ST4 players or Big Guys, to open lanes more easily...).

18. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    out of curiosity, why did you take the agility 5 bloat when you could just have easily gone 2 heads and gotten the same effect for less TV?

19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Agility helps also with picking up balls, passing and catching/interceptions, while two heads only help for dodge. (Also allows for two heads later on, if diving tacklers are common ;))

20. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I suppose that's true Dreamy, my thought was that with agility 4 already the 2heads option gives him the same mobility with less TV with 'ball retriever' being tailor made for a 2head big-hand gobbo. passing and interceptions is different obviously... i didn't really think about a blitzer being a good candidate for that but Very Long Legs would be a hilarious option later.