Blonde Bombers: To Pass or to Bomb?

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Mummies don't have Decay and it's unlikely that they are female either Viajero! :D

Right!, Tomb Guardians were the ones with decay, yes. Still, foul the bastard if you can I say!

As per the female thing, how can u know with all those bandages on?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Blood Bowl Playbooks for LRB6

the skaven, woodelf (garion's) and lizardmen playbooks all have detailed 1ttd plays.

coach has his article as well for ma6 players scoring 1ttd's! works well when your opponent places the los all next to each other.

I did try a oneturner with three turns left last game, just to get some experience, but I ended up almost pushing my catcher into a scrum of four hostiles, one with tackle, so I changed my mind and went for a more regular two-turner. (And a risky one at that)

I've got a few of the ones from fumbbl printed out, and am thinking some about the problem. :D

Right!, Tomb Guardians were the ones with decay, yes. Still, foul the bastard if you can I say!

As per the female thing, how can u know with all those bandages on?

That mummy did trip on a gfi during the first half (like, one of the first turns) and KO:ed itself for the rest of the game. I don't think I'll be as lucky. :p
As for fouling - I'd probably set myself up for a hefty bounty, especially if successful. :rolleyes:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Should I fire the Duchess of Fubar

Opponents roster: StockBowl

My roster (from previous page)

Linos (7 3 4 7, No base skills)
Ida Wanna - Guard - 9 spp (1 Cmp, 1 TD, 1 MVP)
Torya Anewone - Wrestle (Tackle next) - 13 spp (1 Cmp, 1 Cas, 2 MVP)
Duchess of Fubar - Niggle (Waiting for death or dodge next) - 1 spp (1 Cmp)
Dixie Jane - Nothing - 0 spp

Throwers: (7 3 4 7, Pass)
Marjorie Ann - AG 5, Leader, Dodge (Block next) - 43 spp (27 Cmp, 2 TD, 2 MVP)
Rosalie Ann - AG 5, Kick, Safe Throw, Dodge (Accurate next?) - 52 spp (27 Cmp, 4 MVP, 1 bonus MVP)

Wardancers: (8 3 4 7, Block, Dodge, Leap)
Vicious Virgin - Strip Ball, Sidestep, Tackle (what next?) - 39 spp (1 Cmp, 8 TD, 2 Cas, 2 MVP)
Leapin' Liz - MV 7, ST 4, Sidestep, Mighty Blow (Frenzy next?) - 34 spp (3 Cmp, 6 TD, 4 Cas, 1 MVP)

Catchers: (8 2 4 7, Catch, Dodge, Sprint)
Gale Force - Wrestle (Tackle next) - 6 spp (2 TD)
Hanna Solo - Wrestle, Guard (Strip ball next) - 29 spp (2 Cmp, 9 TD)
Lil' Liz - MV 7, Block, Guard, Sidestep - 34 spp (1 Cmp, 6 TD, 3 MVP)
Windy Lou - MV 7, Block, Guard, Sidestep - 32 spp (3 Cmp, 8 TD, 1 MVP)

Tree: (2 6 1 10, Loner, Take Root, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Strong Arm, Throw Team-Mate)
Dinah Mightier - Grab (Guard next) - 6 spp (3 Cas)

--

I am currently handing out 560k inducements and have 13 players one of which is a niggled unskilled lino. My spiraling expenses are 30k at the current TV and I have 100k cash in bank.

Soo..

Should I fire my niggled linewoman to have 12 players, -20k on winnings and only giving 490 k inducements.

Or should I keep her?

Or should I replace her, ending up with 30k on bank?

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
In this case the saving in inducements is not going to help. He can still afford pretty much anything he might want, so I might be inclined to keep him for this one game on the bench and bring him on only if you lose so many players you have to. A niggled lino is better than being a man down after all.

THEN I'd sack him.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Hmm.. that's a way of course. I was going to put her on the LOS when kicking, together with the other unskilled lino and the tree. Sure, higher risks to get her off the pitch, but anyone can get off the pitch from the LOS :rolleyes:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Speaking of LOS - I'm thinking that against a multi-blocker I should leave two squares between the guys on the LOS. He'll get three dice with his other mummy anyway, and at least I'll be making another of his guys stand still on the LOS instead of running around making cages.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I have a multiblock tree on a halfling team and when people do that I just push one of those players closer to him with a group of halflings so he can still hit both. That has to be easier with undead.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Good thing to be aware of and try to remember about (pushing people into contact)

But in this case, my LOS purpose will still be served: Keep his players busy on the LOS.

On the other hand, I will have to consider that he might not use his mummy at all, instead moving it in contact with two of my players for the next round. (In which case I'll just run away. He's unlikely to pick halfling chef after all ;) )

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well..

The game between the Body Count and Blonde Bombers was expected to be a bloody one, with the infamous Symbol having recently picked up the ambidextrous ability to bash down two people at once. That Wobble had picked up the skills to tackle people down, and Mr. Expendable now knew how to hold on to the ball at all costs were also seen as possible threats to Bomber wellbeing or victory in that order.

But this was not to be, as twentyseven thousand people gathered beneath cloudy skies to watch some Blood Bowl. With the game being played closer to the Bomber home grounds they did have a sizable majority, but nothing that would really matter during the game. Enough, however, that fans in the audience still worried about the Bombers being bloodied, opened up by throwing a rock at a wight, stunning him as the ball came down on the Body Count half.

The Undead shambled into motion, knocking down trees and throwing around elves, but they also went as fast as they could towards the endzone. Perhaps they were worried that the elves would leap in and steal the ball from them, but in the end what happened was that the ballcarrier got hoisted off the pitch, and after a risky moment where Count Luthor von Drakenborg blitzed Marjorie Ann as she had just grabbed hold of the ball.. the vampire tripped on his toes and the ball swiftly made its way up to the endzone for a touchdown.

The next kick went high and was snagged from the air as it landed. The Undead made quick headway along the open sideline, but as the one who snagged the ball was to pass it, he fumbled it. And while the ball was being gathered up again, the sole receiver in place got wrestled down to the ground. Also Windy Lou tried to run past Knugen III to be available as a receiver, but some mummy wrapping snagged her legs and she faceplanted hard enough to stay out of the rest of the game.

-

Halftime saw the dark clouds open and release their cargo upon the varsity squad, and by the time the teams returned to the pitch it was sogging wet. A state that quickly spread to the pigskin, which would be muddy and wet at any attempt of picking it up for the rest of the game. Coupled with a very short kick, that ended up right on the line of scrimmage in one of the wide zones, this meant that the Bombers did have a strange game to play.

Opening up the defense, the Bombers quickly got a couple of receivers down to the undead backfield, but when Marjorie Ann was to pass Lil' Liz to keep the ball safe, she fumbled it and only luck would let it be caught by Dixie Jane (who had scored the touchdown in the first half). The undead quickly swarmed the pair and Dixie Jane soon hit the ground. The ball was then marked up, but Leapin' Liz could easily throw a zombie over the ball, which bounced away from the majority of the remaining undead and was left marked by a single player. So Hanna Solo made a risky dodge to the endzone before Marjorie Ann snagged the ball despite the rain and ran over to pass Hanna for the second touchdown of the game.

The next kick was another high kick, and the undead made better work at caging themselves for a while, before they once more overextended and a stumble of Count Luthor meant that Hanna Solo could freely mark the ballcarrier for Vicious Virgin to take down. Marjorie Ann then managed to run in and snag the ball despite the coverage, but she failed to let it fly and was swiftly bashed away. The undead then once more set up a small force that should receive the ball closer to the elf endzone, but the muddy ball refused to stick to the wights fingers. And almost before the ball had hit the ground, Rosalie Ann rushed in to grab the ball and pass it to Lil' Liz who then ran upfield and handed it over to Torya Anewone who scored.

This left barely enough time for Body Count to bash around the line of scrimmage. They undead were so dispirited that the Bombers could have blitzed them, but since the majority of the elves were hiding back at their own endzone that was largely a non-issue, and the game ended 3-0. The Body Count's coaches bad luck of rolling lots of ones continued throughout the aftermath as he rolled a one for winnings, but the curse was inverted as Knugen III got MVP and is now skilled for the third time. On the Bomber side Windy Lou got the MVP, presumably as a consolation for having had to sit half the game out.

3-0 to me, 1-0 in Casualties for him (on one of my failed dodges). 3-1 in completions to me, despite heavy rain all the second half.

His mistake was that he tried to rush too much, so kept using the flank I left open. First time he outran all his support (one SF-G Wight was even hiding at the wrong side of the pitch), and I managed to push up people around his ghoul before surfing it, getting the ball where I could snag it.

My offense almost was fubared, but he left an opening big enough for an AG 5 thrower to get through after I had gotten lucky scatters, well, all three times, basically. Then my catcher got the ball despite the rain.

Then his last offense he got too eager again, and Luthor's lack of dodge meant he left an opening that I could abuse by moving up a guard and then blitzing his ghoul with the tackle WD (she had to do a gfi to avoid 3+ dodges or leaps, but it worked out and the ghoul went down, but dropped the ball back into the scrum)
[Special note to Viajero - AG 5 throwers are great, you should get some. ;)]
First one thrower dodges into two tacklezones, picks up the ball in rain and two TZ, but fumbles the pass. Then he fails his pickup and a couple of blocks later the other thrower can run straight into two other tacklezones, pick up the ball there (still raining) and dodge along one of those players and to safety (speed 7) before passing a catcher that runs away.
And at least that pickup roll was a 4, which was the bare minimum needed for an AG 5 pickup in those conditions :p

Catcher then handoffs to my wrestler that is already waiting in the backfield. I already had 2-0, it was time to get another tackler for the Amazon game. It worked out, even if he did manage to mark my wrestler with a zombie the very last turn (I had stalled one turn just to not need to make any gfi:s)
That zombie first dodged into one tacklezone, then out of it, then did two gfi:s just to be able to mark my ballcarrier. All that without any rerolls. :cool:

Sadly enough, I did have that player he had dodged past free, so she moved up to offer assist, and my ballcarrier blitzed herself loose, and 3-0 was a fact.

-

Now I got a wrestle-tackler lino and a wrestle-guard-stripballer for my game against the Amazons, which feels like a safe game in some ways but each mellow feeling is matched by a reason to worry.
They have no sure hands yet, but could get one or two during the game before this one.
It is unlikely they will have anything more than honor to play for, but that is usually enough in Blood Bowl.
They have had a bad season so far, but they did win the playoffs last season and are currently away to the world cup.
They are a lot lower in TV than us, but the coach is one that can surely make good use of their inducements. And at the moment they have 840k inducements to pick from :eek:

But closer investigation of their team will have to wait. They should get rid of their MNG and probably not loose players during their next game against High Elves in their own TV bracket, so with any luck they'll only be picking up 700k in inducements. :rolleyes:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Match report doesn't look pretty until the game has been validated (since at the moment it will say things like pid(1234) instead of translating it to the players name)

My opponent is lagging slightly in admitting his defeat, but I don't really mind since it might make my competition for the title of "most touchdowns scored with a single player" easier if they do not know how many times they need to score to beat Hanna Solo (who made 9/23 TD in 6 games)

3-0 in TD (should have been 3-1, but since the game was lost and the team was to be retired after this season, my opponent went for a T16 "handoff then pass" play in an attempt to skill up two players, but scattered the pass which nearly got back to the original recipient.. but not completely.

Also 3-1 in casualties, meaning the second game ever (out of 20) that the Bombers caused more casualties than their opponent. :eek:

Leapin' Liz MB was useful for the second time in four games, turning a KO into a Cas (-Move, apo to BH) (It might have been the first time it was useful, but I'm not sure. It think it have turned a Stun into a KO against FFS!!)

The match report will come later, but basically I screwed up a cagebreaker leap, forgetting to mark up the assists and turning a 2D for into 2D against. So :powdodge::pow: was turned by the dodge into a simple pushback. Well, a couple of turns later it was my tackler that after a lot of marking of a malformed cage was able to blitz the carrier down across my own TD-line.

After that I did get the ball upfield, but my safe throw pass with AG5 was intercepted by a marked Amazon. :rolleyes:
(Yep, 1/36. Ah well.)

Anyway, more details to follow in the match report.

For now I am satisfied to say that the team is great and can do whatever I want it to do (as long as what I want to do is take a loose ball nearly anywhere on the pitch and transform it into a touchdown) and this season has been a perfect run with six straight victories, not a single one with less than 3TD scored.

Now playoffs are coming, and there is a Necro team, two Chaos Dwarves and one Undead team that are fairly guaranteed to play in it alongside to me. Competitors for the last three spots are Pro Elves, High Elves, Skaven and Lizards, with outside chances for Dark Elves, Humans and Norse.)

So much more agility teams than last season, when the single team even close to being an AG team in the playoffs was the Amazons who won..

Opponents for the quarterfinals will be seeded by lots, so I have no idea about who I'm playing. Still, two of the teams I have beaten before recently with this team, and two, possibly three teams are less than ten games old which hopefully will make them weaker. (One of those is the pro elf team played by an excellent but somewhat bashy coach.)

Well, either way I'll probably put this team on hold for a while now. Like Narly said about his amazons, it is no longer very much my own skill that gives me wins - it is my teams general awesomeness :D

That, and the fact that it can only go down from here ;)

So next season is for the Angry Birds. But first: Playoffs! :)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
And here is the match report for the last game

The last game of the season for the now suddenly victorious Bombers was against reigning league champions Xahutec Queens. The Queens had been hard hit during their second season, with many dead and some retired, but there was still some things speaking for the human amazons, most notably the superior strength of Tenisha, easily matching that of Leapin' Liz or other notables like Zara the slayer. Zara and Roxana Darknail were two other things making things look brighter for the Queens.

The queens still had plenty of fans despite the hard times that had befallen them, and their share of the audience was roughly equal to that of the Bombers, with just slightly more 'fair weather' fans rooting for the Bombers. Amusingly enough that question actually led to some rioting in the stands, as different factions of Bomber fans tried to settle with their fists whether they had started following the Bombers during the lean season four or if they were later joiners.

Once the referee had let the clock run for a while the fans quietened, the Queens chose to receive and the game was on. The Queens swiftly got the ball moving forwards from the deep kick, while not forgetting to try to grind some elves into the dirt to clear the way for continued running. The Bombers countered with some desultory showing and pushing, but several players were off on the other side of the pitch wrestling down Zara in an attempt to divest her of her stakes.

Then the Queens caged up stronger, the Bombers moved up some people behind the cage. The Queens continued advance then prompted the Bombers to try to sack the cage but some poor planning meant all that happened was that the ballcarrier got jostled around a bit. The Queens broke loose and got halfway down the Bomber half, where their cage was threatened again but quick action saw a slightly deformed cage being reformed just short of the endzone.

But alas, that last step would never be taken. Vicious Virgin, assisted by Windy Lou and a few catchers managed to bring Otrera down. The ball scattered and was secured by Marjorie Ann and passed to Lou (who was still in the middle of the scrum). Lou then shook loose and handed over to Rosalie Ann who continued upfield with the intent to pass Hanna Solo for the score.

Yet here the Queens almost regained control of the game, since despite Rosalies skills at safe throwing, Roja managed to snatch the ball from the air. She seemed to be as surprised as anyone else, since when she was to run away for the handoff and possible score she was immediately tripped by Dixie Jane, and the failed pass could be repeated for the 1-0 score just in time for the end of the first half.

-

Greatly huffed by their failures during the first half, the Queens started the second half by blitzing even as they kicked off, getting Roxana down next to where the ball was coming down. Luckily for the wood elves, the ball scattered away from the dark elf and after some scrambling the ball could be gathered and passed and then handed off to relative safety. Relative, since it was soon blitzed loose, only to scatter back into another Bomber hand.

Soon afterwards the second goal was scored, even if it took some struggling and even leaping to clear the way properly. The third goal was soon to follow as an amazon attempt to pass the ball to get it quicker downfield scattered to where Marjorie Ann could reach it. Then finally the Queens got their act together and started caging downfield, Zara stabbing wildly right and left, and all that stopped them from scoring a consolation goal was some hubris as a handoff to Eriboea would allow her to pass to Cyme and both learn some vital skills from the game.

End result, 3-0 and a MVP to Eriboea for the most amusingly scattered pass of the match. The Bomber mvp went to Vicious Virgin for her "win or bust" block against Otrera which if it had failed to get the ball loose would have meant an immediate amazon score. Other notable actions of the game was Zara stabbing Duchess of Fubar making her niggling injury flare up and take her out of the game. Possibly as repayment of the Duchess' earlier block taking Yriss out of action for a longer time than a single game. Finally Leapin' Liz got to exercise her mighty blow as she broke the leg of Glauche, something which the Amazon apothecary mended with some splints and a bit of juju.

Oh, and rumors have it that the Amazons had access to a Knutt's spell of awesome strength, but that they felt it would be demeaning to use it. Or they just forgot about it.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
And Playoffs are tomorrow!

Teams come through are (in order of how easily they made it to playoffs)

Blonde Bombers - (me) Wood Elf - TV 2140.

Soul Harvesters - Necro - TV 1560

Zharr's Black Anvil - Chaos Dwarves - TV 2290

Astragoth's Reavers - Chaos Dwarves - TV 1660

Dia de los muertos - Undead - TV 1460

Supernatural Selection - Elf (Pro) - TV 1350

Puff Puff Pass - High Elf - TV 2160

Black Mambo - Dark Elf - TV 1430

A record amount of elves in this playoff. If I and my team can keep playing like we have the last eight games (straight wins :p) then this should be a breeze, but we'll see. It's nice to at least have come this far. :D

I have played three of the above teams before, Soul Harvesters and Puff Puff Pass were both beaten 4-3 after shootouts, but those were close games. Further back, with a less skilled team, I've also lost to Soul Harvesters (my first CRP game ever against a human opponent) and to Zharr's Black Anvil (mostly due to a failed gfi across the TD line on my part, as well as not knowing where to keep the ball when on offensive :rolleyes:)

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Haha, how awesome that some 1350-1500 teams made the play-offs. Getting 700k worth of inducements is less than awesome though ;) Our local TT league disallows Star Players and Mercenaries during the play-offs (as per the optional league rules). If I were playing Woodies at 2200 TV in Stockholm, I'd probably try and have a chat about that with the LC myself, and then laugh as the 1350-coach squirms to spend all his inducmenet money - Halfling Chef ftw!

Anyway, best of luck to you! May the 2+ be with you ;)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Thanks both of you :)

The three lowest TV:s came from the two rookie groups. The undead and the (pro) elves were rubbed out by the chaos dwarves, while the dark elves beat the high elves. (730k inducements)

I first beat the Necro team (3-0), then the dark elves (3-2) while the lower-TV Chaos dwarf team lost to the higher TV one, but crippled his AG 4 Bull (-AG) so he played with a newly purchased bull against me. (And he sacked a temporary hobgoblin to afford a wizard, then changed his mind and got a guard dwarf to replace a MNG one)

If he had taken a wizard he would probably have gotten use for it, but I think his biggest problem was the loss of Super-Bull.

I'll try to write some reports about whatever I remember about the games, before I forget that too. I'll post them here once that are done. :D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Glad to hear, fellow WE coach, going 9-0-0 in a season is amazing!

Congratulations on becoming champions!:pow:

Counting the last game of last season, and the between-seasons game, I've won my last eleven games straight, which is pretty nice. :cool:

Quarter Finals said:
This game looked dangerous to begin with, when both Count Luthor Von Drakenborg and Hack Enslash showed up at the game to help the Harvesters win the game. Luthor even brought along a Stick of Smashing, which was put to good use during a particular blitz.

But alas, Hack was keeping himself busy trying to saw down Dinah Mightier, which even if it did work twice had no lasting effect thanks to the thick skull of the ex-catcher. (Who in return managed to stun him back twice as well.)

The most important thing that happened in the first half happened in the very first turn, when the cage around famous super-ghoul Javeed left a gap where Vicious Virgin could just waltz in and lay the smack down. And when the scatter after the sidestep ended up within reach of Rosalie Ann - well, then it was just a matter of time.

It did take the entire half for the Bombers to manage to score, however, especially after a Stick of Smashing attack freed the ball which was soon guarded by both sidesteppers om the Harvesters team (Javeed and Jack Wolfskin. Finally Marjorie Ann had to snatch up the ball and dodge away with it to allow a pass to Leapin' Liz for the score.

-

The second half almost saw a textbook offense, only Gale Force stumbled as she was running over the touchdown line and stunned herself. Luthor then tried to pick up the ball, but failed, and Marjorie Ann had to run down and go for it twice only to be able to dodge into Luthors tacklezone and pick up the ball where it lay in the endzone.

Then the Harvesters had time for an offense, but scoring twice to get a draw and overtime would be difficult, especially since Javeed had been carried off the pitch badly hurt after a particularly vicious tackle from Vicious Virgin. The Harvesters tried having Count Luthor carry the ball, but it seemed as if this noble vampire thought such a task was demeaning to him, and once the ball was loose on the ground it was once more mostly a matter of time before the Bombers killed the game completely with the 3-0 score.

Semi-finals said:
The semi-finals game between the Black Mambo and the Bombers saw a tempestuous first half which was won by the Mambo, while the second half.. well, I'm getting ahead of myself.

It was a nice weather, and the Mambo had managed to lure both Eldril Sidewinder (in one of his darker moods) and Harkon Heartripper to the game, with the promise of wood elves to torment. The Mambo's own resident assassin Deathdrop was also in place, promising a bloody ordeal similar to their game against Puff Puff Pass, which had left two High Elves dead and a third with a broken neck.

A somewhat befuddled wizard and a magnificently endowed beer babe did also show up. The babe would singlehandedly be responsible for two knocked-out dark elves returning to the pitch, while the wizard would repeatedly wander off and not be available when he was needed and finally cast no spell at all.

The Bombers started the game by kicking off, but after some brief tussling the Mambo scored almost immediately and rather easily. The Bombers returned in kind, after which the Mambo let Eldril score after having gotten their intended receiver smashed down. It took some dodging and a lot of sprinting, but Eldril easily lived up to his fame.

Then the Bombers should have had enough time to score again, but some failed moves allowed the Mambo to surround the ball completely. Despite this Marjorie Ann managed to get the ball loose, but what should have been a desperate pass for a touchdown was instead intercepted by Prep and the second half started with the Mambo 2-1 up.

-

The second half started with the Bombers completing the touchdown that had been so rudely interrupted the last half, but despite this things looked risky after the ability the Mambo had to just score quickly.

So the Bombers set up in a Ziggurat position which blocked the Mambo from advancing easily - and Hammerlock failed to pick up the ball. It was still very deep in the Mambo half, and protected by the runner, but after some other bashing and showing around the line of scrimmage, Lil' Liz sprinted and dodged far enough to snag the ball - and do nothing more.

The Mambo soon had the ball back, but they were now pressured by the Bombers and despite shifting from the right flank to the left and back, they couldn't break through. And while the Bombers were knocking out or worse several on the dark elf team, the duo of assassins failed to do any kind of permanent damage. (While Harkon himself would end up badly hurt by Leapin' Liz)

Finally Hammerlock failed a dodge as the Mambo were trying to reform on the other flank again, and with just moments to spare the Bombers managed to steal the ball and score, getting 3-2 which the Mambo didn't have any good chances for equalizing during the few remaining moments of the game, and indeed they wouldn't even try.

Finals said:
While the Bombers had gone unscathed through their games against the Soul Harvesters and the Black Mambo, Zharr's Black Anvil had fared less well in their game with fellow chaos dwarves Astragoth's Reavers.

Old-time champion and second closest to Legendary in the entire league, superstar Poseidon had gotten his neck broken, and since his greatest claim for versatility was his elf-like agility he had to be retired by a regretful coach. Also the super-strong Ares 2 had to sit this game out, which meant that after firing their temporary hire jgjhgj the Anvils could hire a wizard - or another blocker, trained in guard, which is what they did.

They also showed that even if Poseidon was gone, they could still try living up to his memory, and Hades scored a lightning-quick touchdown after having received a handoff. This left the Bombers with lots of time to score their touchdown, and they took all of it. (Only some of the delay was intentional.)

-

The second half looked to be all about clock management for the Bombers, until Hades not only managed to dodge free up from prone, but also blitz the ball loose and pick it up for himself, getting some headway towards a touchdown.

Vicious Virgin almost got the ball away from him, but the stripped ball bounced back to Hades after an elf assist for the block had failed to keep hold of the ball. The Bombers then their players loose and surrounded the bull. The Anvils then surrounded this hostile (to their ballcarrier) cage, but the minotaur Zeus failed to break tackle properly when he was to fill up the last side, and suddenly Hades was very lonely in the middle of a sea of elves.

He did manage to remain standing at first, but the ball was stripped from him again, and this time it bounced across a series of elves and dwarf-affiliated players until it left the pitch. From whence it was thrown in deep, but not deeper than that Rosalie Ann could just barely reach it, then pass it to Lil' Liz who ran away to the Anvils endzone.

Or rather, just outside of it, where she waited until it seemed as if there wouldn't be enough time remaining for the Anvils to score. Then she did, which even if it made for a boring game did mean that another Bomber victory was a fact.

Fun trivia: Casualty scores were 1-1, 2-1, 2-1. Yes, I outcassed the two assassins, and then the Chaos Dwarves. (One dwarf, one hobgoblin casualty)

Also, now that I'm about to semi-retire the team, my tree rolled boxcars. If it had been a halfling tree I'd probably have taken strength - now I'm inclined to take block instead. It's possible to get three-dice blocks with just an assist (and I have guard enough for that), while it is also possible to roll :skull::skull::bothdown: on three dice, which I did this evening. (Luckily the loner roll succeeded, or I'd have turned over in a really bad spot)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I noticed a missed word in my last match report, and when fixing it on the site I rewrote the entire last section. So now the second half of the last report reads:

The second half started with the Anvils getting a perfect defense and moving up their dwarves to stand along the line to offer a strong resistance against the Bombers planned "push dwarves to the side and make a hole to run through and score". Yet there was a slight gap in the dwarf setup, matching the small gap in the Bomber line of scrimmage. And into this gap Windy Lou walked from her midfield position to allow the unraveling of the line, leaving four dwarves floundering on the ground, one pushed to the far left and one carried off the pitch to recover from a knockout.

The Bombers then advanced on the right, tackling down a hobgoblin on the way and for a while it looked to be all about clock management for the Bombers. That is, until Hades not only managed to dodge free from prone a prone position, but also blitz the ball loose and pick it up for himself, running as far as he dared towards the Bomber endzone and the sweet touchdown that beckoned there.

Vicious Virgin almost got the ball away from him, but the stripped ball bounced back to Hades after an elf assist for the block had failed to keep hold of the ball. With heavy hearts the Bombers then dodged their players loose and surrounded the bull in a misguided attempt to hold him in place.
The Anvils then surrounded this hostile (to their ballcarrier) cage, but then the minotaur Zeus failed to break tackle properly when he was to fill up the last side, and instead of frenzying free, Hades remained very lonely in the middle of a sea of elves.

He did manage to remain standing at first, when he got the ball was stripped from him again, and this time it bounced across a series of elves and dwarf-affiliated players until it left the pitch. From whence it was thrown in deep, but not deeper than that Rosalie Ann could just barely reach it, then pass it to Lil' Liz who ran away to the Anvils endzone.

Or rather, just outside of it, where she waited until it seemed as if there wouldn't be enough time remaining for the Anvils to score. Only then did she score. This sadly made for a boring ending of the game, but it did also mean that another Bomber victory was a fact, this one giving them the lofty title of league champions.

(On a side note, Dinah Mightier finally got some appreciation for all the times she has stood on the line, as she was voted MVP in both the semi-finals and the finals. All this love has made her wooden heart sing, and her strength has increased manifold. (Although I'll probably pick block anyway. She needs to keep standing ;)