1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardman Blood Bay Baskers

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by dodger, Mar 30, 2014.

1. dodger

dodger Member

Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    Hi All, I'm developing my Lizardman team for a local tabletop league and was looking for some ideas on the skillups from my recent game.

Here's a link to my live roster: ROSTER

To break it down though I've got:

Krox - unskilled
    6 Saurus - 3 with block, and 2 with doubles skillups pending.
    4 Skinks - 2 Sidestep, 1 Diving Tackle, 1 unskilled
    Super Skink - Has Block, +1 STR, and normal skillup pending.

For the doubles Saurus skillups I'm tempted to take Dodge, but I can't see any other doubles skills even worth considering over block, or maybe MB or guard.

For the skink.. I've now got a 3 ST Blodge skink, and I see lots of opportunity to make him into some kind of unique player...

The league is kind of free form without set opponent schedules so I could be facing anything in upcoming games.

Thoughts or ideas about these skill choices?

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Saurii - Dodge is fun, but not so much for the next ten or so games. Still, they'll be no worse than rookies in the meantime and you've managed to handle those a while already.

Superskink should get sidestep now, since it works with everything he could get next while being fairly useful on its own.

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I imagine it depends on how long you intend to play them. A Dodge, Break tackle, block/wrestle Saurus could be a really good player on defence. However it will take a long time to get there so if you have the patience to wait that long (possibly multiple seasons) go for it on one of the saurus. If you need results going your way soon then block is a great choice as it does so much for Saurus.

I do love high Av side stepping guards. But it requires a degree of disregard for your players safety that most people don't like.

4. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    IMO first skill on a saurus goes to either Block or Break Tackle. I'd take at least 1 BT on your 2 rookies to give you some mobile strength.

From second skill onwards I would take Dodge on a Saurus but not first skill.

Superskink should get SS.

I prefer SS as first normal skill for every Skink, second normal skill is DT, getting a third skill as normal they get fired.

5. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Jr has it right. ;)

6. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Block, block and sidestep is the way to go, right.

You could argue for MB as a first skill on a Saurus but then the next one should be block and you can't use doubles then either. Or you could take BT and hope for another doubles along the way for dodge. Dodge asa first skill is quite bad in my opinion since it costs you 30k in TV (6 for 2 Sauri) and doesn't do half of the work it should for quite a long time. Maybe even more than half, considering that some opponents won't like to attack Str 4 very often and rather dodge away.