1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2 legendary edition explained!

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB, Feb 8, 2017.

1. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB Active Member

Country Flag:
    Want to know what BB2 legendary edition is? Check out this video!

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Cheers for that. Good stuff!

3. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    Good stuff. I guess now we all know what they have really been working on... I am torn on the idea of buying the again already.

4. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    (Note the below is something I found on the steam forums but I assume was really on Reddit, if anyone can confirm would be great.)
    Netheos on reddit:
    "You'll have a bundle (which we call "Legendary") with basic BB2 + a pack with WE/LM/Nurgle/Norse/Necro/Undead/CD/Khemri + the "Legendary upgrade" at the price of a full game.

You'll also be able to buy only the "Legendary upgrade" if you already own BB2, with a big discount (we aim around 20€).

A pack with WE/LM/Nurgle/Norse/Necro/Undead/CD/Khemri for approximately 20€ will also be available before the release of Legendary.

Finally you'll still be able to get individual races if you wish."

So guessing thats £20, or $30 for BB2 owners, for what it adds seems reasonable price to me if true.

5. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    I don't disagree there, and in reality I could just think of it as paying for a big DLC with a bunch of new races etc, and it would likely be worth it financially speaking.

6. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    If I understand it correctly, if an existing BB2 owner that bought the game at launch wants everything, they will need to buy the Legendary Upgrade AND buy chaos dwarves and khemri DLC. It's my understanding that the Legendary upgrade will not include any existing DLC that you did not buy or get awarded as a founders bonus.

7. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    That's correct.

8. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Country Flag:
    Yep, the upgrade option is a big DLC with 8 races, the legendary standalone is all races until now. Either way, you're getting a lot of races per monitary unit, I'd say. =)

9. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, that sounds great.
    We get all the superb features we know from BB1 as an update for BB2 2 years after release for just a few extra bucks...
    So finally it may be BB1 with upgraded graphic engine and a handful of actual improvements for just 1,5 full price games plus some extra DLCs.
    We Blood Bowler are quite a stupid lot to be happy about that.
    :D :D :D

10. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    To be fair though, its all still relatively cheap compared to playing actual tabletop bloodbowl if you wanted to use real models for every races and not placeholders.

Im happy enough to pay for Chorfs, Khemri and this when it comes out to support them if they do provide what they have promised here.

11. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    This, plus the ability to arrange tournaments etc with custom built teams at different TV values is huge and not available in BB1. Some people are never happy!

12. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Games are so cheap these days anyway :) I remember how much I used to pay for Playstation games 20 years ago, or sega games 25 years ago, and BB2 is cheaper even without taking into account inflation! (And significantly better too).

13. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    I saved even more when buying Colin McRae Rally instead of buying that Subaru and driving myself!
    :D :D :D

Don't get me wrong, i am pretty exited about the legendary edition, but i realise how stupid we are.
    And Focus/cyanide know this, too, otherwise they wouldn't even try to do it this way.
    ;)

14. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Given the amount of screenshots floating around in this advertising push, the game development seems fairly advanced.

Looks like a huge ampunt of the teams are already done. Hopefully we see a more polished product at release this time.

15. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Awesome I get LE and don't have to pollute my game with chorfs win win!

Orielensis likes this.
  16. Tillbeast

Tillbeast Member

Steam Username:
    Tillbeast
    Country Flag:
    Looks good, just hope the dlc's don't cost a fortune. £12-£15 to get both chorfs/khemri and bb2 leg upgrade would be reasonable.

17. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Did I hear him right? Underworld in BB2?

Edit: He DID say Underworld. AND you can transcribe a team from BB1 to BB2. Hmmmmm...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  18. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I know, right? And it is not even Christmas yet!

19. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Country Flag:
    They actually had many more screenshots to show us that haven't been made public yet.

20. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Cool. They seem to have gotten the recent patch deployments in a pretty good shape. So let's hope they keep up the good work.